Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #391  

HALFAGAIN - love the picture! I have fallen in love with grated cauliflower and use it almost every day.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hello chicks, well here I am smiling at you finally, my son finally helped me, I definitely needed his help, felt like surgery just posting these, any way he said he will help me again after more loss.

Today you guys have inspired me to do some chopping, grating and freezing I do so much better if I stay ahead with good food, ready to fix.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday and remember to keep it REAL!
Old 11-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #393  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Hello chicks, well here I am smiling at you finally, my son finally helped me, I definitely needed his help, felt like surgery just posting these, any way he said he will help me again after more loss.

Today you guys have inspired me to do some chopping, grating and freezing I do so much better if I stay ahead with good food, ready to fix.

Wow! What an amazing change! You are rockin' this diet!
Old 11-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #394  

Yes you look wonderful!!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #395  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Yes, Yes, Yes to Yesmyqueen! You look great!
Old 11-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #396  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Default Dehydrated Cauli

Dehydrated Cauliflower - put to use...
2 flat table spoons dehydrated cauli

Covered with hot tap water for 6 min (I went for 10 min total.. looked like it was done in 6 though)

I drained some water out, and then folded a paper towel and soaked up (pressed down) the excess water. I ended up with cauli looking like this

From here you can do whatever recipe you like - I made the Cauliflower Pancakes that mammoth357 (Jake) posted on 10/2/12 http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-pancakes.html
They turned out great!

Last edited by Halfagain; 11-04-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #397  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

Woohoo! Look at you lovely lady! Amazing, you must be so proud. I'm very proud of you
Old 11-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #398  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Well thank you both! Because I have no coach, and nobody checking to see if I've done any logging, I have a sort of scary proposition, about opening myfitnesspal to my friends. If you use the program, I show you mine, you show me yours.... the idea would be that someone might look to see if I'm tracking - not so much to critique my meals or water, but to see that we're working on tracking. In other words, if I decided to go hog wild and eat a snickers (not likely to happen), I'd still track it, but wouldn't want comments on 3FC about my log.. but a comment on myfitnesspal I wouldn't mind.. since I'd know who's looking there (I have to give friends individual access). I'd be willing to change trackers if needed too. Just saying this might help. It feels like I would be opening something fairly personal, but then again nobody really cares what I eat every day but me I suppose - it would be nice to have someone just tyeing in that yes, I am tracking.. regardless of what it is in there. My user name there is Halfagain (how original) if you think this could help you as well, we can support one another. If you aren't interested, it's fine.. I'll find my big girl panties and put them on (over my head perhaps, but they'll be on)

i have never heard of my fitness pal btu will check in to it. i just keep a spreadsheet in excel that my dh made for me that calculates all my percentages!!! and i love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
We are not that far apart! I live between Grayling & Gaylord. Originally from St. Johns, just north of Lansing. I go to Dr. K's clinic in Elk Rapids. Have been hearing it might be a rough winter this year. Guess we're due after last year being so mild.

Rainbow, if you go to SSM, will you drive or fly? If driving, you will pass by within 1 mile of my home! We're not far off I-75. Would love to arrange to meet you!
not sure yet....we are HOPING to go sometime between dec 22 through dec 26 and flight tickets are pricey because this was a last minute plan, so probably driving. i really want to go to NYC...but dh doesn't! he wants to go upper michigan...why i have no idea!! except he says SSM has the best track record for snow on christmas day. dh parents gave us some money for christmas early for a trip, and we had wanted to go see them in england again, but we just went in may and the budget can't afford another overseas trips at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampooh View Post
Sault Ste. Marie USA is a smaller town. But it is the oldest established city in MI older then Detroit. Home of the Lake Superior State University Lakers. If your there when school in there may be hockey game, fun to check out.
The Soo Locks are there but will be closed in the winter.
Sault Ste. Marie Canada in just across the International bridge (50years old this year). This is a bigger city. Fun thing to do is look online for Agawa canyon train tours. It's an all day trip on train up into Canadian wilderness. In the winter you stay on the train and see the beautiful snow, woods and sometimes wildlife. Train goes up and then the engine gets connected to the other end and takes you back. Be sure if you plan to go to Canada have your passport(best) or and enhanced drivers license. Check out customs rules on line to be sure.
If you come up there should be snow, but weather has been weird passed few years. We love the north and hope others do too. Welcome!
ooooo we love train rides!!! and i was very excited to hear about this train tour, however, sadly, they are NOT operating during christmas at all!! boo!!! will keep you posted!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
ITA - tracking is essential for me. I've been using fatsecret.com right from the start. Got a few new items delivered this am from thelowcarbgrocery and have already entered the data into my database there. Testing a couple of them today - one is a new protein bar - NuGo Peanut Butter Crunch. Also trying a new waffle mix - both low carb and non-gluten. I'll be adding protein powder to it to up the protein level. Speaking of which - I guess I'm better finish up this post and go make my lunch!

LOL - I was thinking the same thing. I'll be able to send pics of LOTS of snow soon, if Rainbow wishes. (although I've got a camera problem right now... we'll see....)
yes tracking for me is essential!!! and YES...I'D LOVE TO SEE SNOW PHOTOS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampooh View Post
greeniris does Darla go to ER clinic? She got rainbow's crab cake recipe from me and was also going to share it there. I have it easy, DrK's office is in the office building attached to the hospital. I make my appt before work since I go in at 3pm. When I worked midnights I stopped on my out. Hope all your WI days are clear roads.
I would love to meet up with you and rainbow if her trip allows her to.
I haven't figured out posting quotes, but wil.
wow!! that is totally cool!!!! so glad a recipe is being shared and many can benefit!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Yes, I saw Darla yesterday as a matter of fact. And I saw her give that recipe to another customer while I was picking out my packets. They gave me a free box of food for reaching 50 lbs lost yesterday! A very nice surprise
Ok Rainbow - let us know when you're trekking north! Oh, I went on that train trip too, but in the summer. It is a long trip, but if you like the wilderness, it is really cool. At the end, we got to get out and walk around some before heading back.
well i'd love to go on the train but it is not operating during christmas!! blah!!! woohoo for you reaching 50 lbs gone!!!! and getting a free box of food was a nice gesture from your coach!! sounds like you have a great coach!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindy57 View Post
DOWNTON!!!

Ok - You ladies who were talking about Downton a couple days ago are in trouble!! RAINBOW...DANA, who was it! I didn't know what it was, so looked it up and have been streaming to my Kindle all day watching season 1. Haven't gotten a thing done today!!
oooo its almost downton finale time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sad and excited all at the same time!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #399  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

Wow do I ever need to borrow your son. I can't for the life of me figure out how to post multiple pix... Anyway, all that to say YOU LOOK FANTASTIC! How are you feeling?

I have never grated cauliflower and tried the rice deal much less frozen anything. You've got me motivated. Thanks. Smile.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #400  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
awww how sweet. I'm a knitter

Okay much of that is joking about buying more. My stash of yarn would choke a elephant - or rather if you were in to felting, you could felt an elephant out of it. Hmmm speaking of felting.. that burns a lot of yarn fast for a felted hat. It's a nice big chunky knit to make a monster hat that you wash until it shrinks into a cute little wool cap... and my head shouldn't get smaller.. maybe I'll do that! Hubby would swoon if I made him another.. he loves a felted hat and he's deserving putting up with my stash in his garage.
hahaha your comment about chock an elephant cracked me up!!! i never learned to knit but i love to crochet!! do make your dh a felt hat!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
You sound like a pro! I just have some cheap stuff in rainbow colors to learn with. I love all your great benefits! Definitely do the felt hat. That sounds really clever!
you have me ready to crochet some more now!! thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning, all.

Only 2 1/2 more days left here at the cottage. (Boo Hoo) Still have all those leaves to deal with. I raked yesterday from around the trees so it's easy mulching and they don't get missed. That's the most exercise I've had in over a year. Being overweight and a bad foot limits what you do. I did pay for it with my foot though. DH gets to rake today. I just sit on the mower, ride around, and mulch.

Rainbow - have fun with your daughter.

Have a great Saturday and stay OP.
Molly
hi molly....sorry you have so much work to do!!! i had a BLAST with my daughter...more to come!! hugsssssssssssssss
Old 11-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #401  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

May at- what a great pattern. Too tough for me, I'm sure. But I'm glad you have this great skill!
I have a fabric stash, which rivals your yarn stash. I made a fleece red riding cape for my 21. Onth grand-daughter. Hope she likes it!
I am so amazed at the wonderful talents you ladies have.
I enjoy the recipes, too. I love the cauliflower rice, but I make it the lazy way. I wash and core it, then put it a large skillet. Then I take a long knife and whack it apart until the pieces are smallish. Then I cook it with a drip of oil, salt and water. I only cook it for a few minutes. I stir it on high, so I get some rosary color. Yum! I eat it often.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #402  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Hi everyone! Just checking in for the day. Have been really busy today - out to breakfast this morning, exercised for 40 minutes (yoga-type, slow & gentle), one load of laundry hung on the line, walked 3 miles. Then, VIP & I changed the living room all around - what a project!! Whew, am I pooped. Still need to make Bok Choy & Broccoli for supper, & take the clothes off the line & fold them, then I am done for the day.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Oh! Yesmyqueen - very nice to see your lovely face! You can really see the difference in your pics!
Old 11-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #403  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:

Wow! So many of these before and during pictures are totally amazing!
Old 11-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #404  
IP Start 9/5/12

S/C/G: 195/167/150

Height: 5'5"

So.....in between episodes of my new favorite show, Downtown Abby, I managed to cook dinner. Cauliflower Pork Fried Rice. So good, my husband never realized there was no rice in it! Ha Ha Ha!!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #405  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Wow, how amazing. You look so dfifferent now. Like most of us, when you see the pictures together, it should really make you feel great. Super motivation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
hi molly....sorry you have so much work to do!!! i had a BLAST with my daughter...more to come!! hugsssssssssssssss
We got all the work down, except I'm afraid I just don't have enough protection for the roses. I guess all this gardening is just going to be a learning experience.

Sorry we have to leave tomorrow to go back south. I just love it here and cannot wait until we can come up for good. Oh well, now we will wait for 6 months to come back next spring.

Rainbow, hope it works to come up to Sault Ste Marie and hope there is snow for you. So sorry the train doesn't run during the holidays. That is such a fabulous trip. Keep us posted. Miss ya gf.

Molly
Closed Thread