Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 10:58 AM   #361  

S/C/G: 274/212/190

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Wait, wait, don't forget me, the part-time Michigander. We are between Houghton Lake and Gladwin. Lived in MI until I was 16 (St. Ignace, Fowlerville, Farmington). Just had to come back to retire. jampooh, I have relatives over in Empire and up in Charlevoix nearer you.

I second you on the Agawa train tours. It's been a lot of years since I went in the summer, but I hope this next year to go back. It is just fabulous. Wow, fascinating they run in the winter. Need to go then too. Rainbow, your would really love it up there.

I wish I could meet with you all too, but will be back in Georgia, back at work again.

As for quoting, it's pretty easy. Look down to the lower right after the poster's signature. There is the word quote and to the right of that, a box with a " in it. If you hold your mouse over the ", you'll see that it says multiple quotes. If you click that, it will save that post, you can add more by clicking " for each you want to quote, when you're ready to quote them all, way over to the left at the end of the posts on that screen, there is a Post Reply, click that. It sets up the reply window with all those you selected to quote. You can type in between each one. Single quoting is a snap. Just click the word Quote and it goes into the reply window with just that one post quoted. Hope that helps.

Molly
IAm just down the road between Empire and T.C.
Thanks for the quote help. It was so easy! I knew it would be once I had the direction.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #362  

S/C/G: 274/212/190

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Since I'm 49.5, I lurk on your convo here but had to say I spend every July in MI
(Grand Traverse Bay, between Elk Rapids & Charlevoix). I'm also a displaced Michigander (Lansing).
Next summer, plan on an Ip meetup! (Maybe in TC?) I'll be at goal
July in TC great !! Would not even need to leave home, but would want a couple of days off to play and show off this great place. We will have to plan the time.
First real snow today! Stuck on the grassy areas for a little while.
Love getting to know all of you
Julie (jampooh)
Old 11-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #363  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
I'm dzizzyjean on MVP. I'm a newbie there, just joined. I had been on live strong.
I sent you a friend request! Well to dizzyjean - It couldn't find the name as you said above (must be a typo). Welcome aboard. MFP team is looking great. Thanks to those who have teamed up there. There's room for anyone who wants to do this. My user name there is the same as here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampooh View Post
I knit as well currently working on a thick comfy afghan for my sister. Have not had great luck with sweaters,but have done some socks. I like socks because they are portable. Good luck with your stash only someone who does crafts understands,especially yarn crafts.
I totally agree on socks. I especially enjoyed working on them while waiting on son's sports practices or other appts. I like the mindless self patterning yarn type the best where I just put them on small circulars and go (using a second small circular for the heel turn and toe). They are so easy to start/stop and even work in the near dark (camping trips, long car rides, etc)

Okay you 50 and over y/o wanna bees! LOL welcome. We don't bite. I think the threads are in support of their topic and posters shouldn't be exclusive meeting the thread subject.

I think I'm just going to veg today. Play some on line games, cook me something nice with the stuffed pepper theme, so go to the store, and *sigh* check on work because its one of those special parts of the work flow right now. I was going to head to my folks this weekend, but they don't need my cold, so I'll wait.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #364  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Happy Saturday all! Had my WI and gained a pound. Oh well.

Some of you have asked... I have 4 kids: Dd, 30- with 3.5 kids. New on is due in feb. they live in GA. Second DD is 26, just moved to England, she has a 21 month old. Then Dd #3 is 25. She lives in GA and is engaged. Then we have DS, 23, married, lives in GA.

Found out yesterday that I have lupus. They took 8 more vials of blood to figure put which kind. I don't feel terrible, sounds like it has for years been misdiagnosed as rheumatoid arthritis. Anyway, I am reacting to this better as I am nearing then end of my weight loss. Guess I am deer in the headlights until I figure out what this means, and if it will change my life at all.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #365  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
OOOo hello lovely ladies....so many posts to catch up on....been busy today...my daughter is coming and should be here in a few more minutes so will have to catch up tomorrow evening!!

thinking about ALL OF YOU!!!! missing my 3fc time!!! had a LOT of posts to respond to!!! so now i better get dressed in the skinniest outfit i have so she can see the new me as she has not seen me since mid july!!! yipeee!!!!

hugs everyone
She is going to be SHOCKED!!! You r looking wonderful!!
Old 11-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #366  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

After reading Twindy's comment, I finally decided to check out Downton. Could definitely become addicted... Only season 1 is on Netflix. How do I get more when I finish that??
Old 11-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #367  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindy57 View Post
DOWNTON!!!

Ok - You ladies who were talking about Downton a couple days ago are in trouble!! RAINBOW...DANA, who was it! I didn't know what it was, so looked it up and have been streaming to my Kindle all day watching season 1. Haven't gotten a thing done today!!
You might as well say goodbye to getting anything done this weekend then since you will be totally hooked on the series. I didn't discover it till season 2, so I had a lot of fun streaming season 1. Rainbow has been sending me the links to watch season 3 which is only on in the UK right now. Season three is a have "your Kleenex ready" type of season. Enjoy and drink some tea while watching, you will feel very British.

Quote:
OOOo hello lovely ladies....so many posts to catch up on....been busy today...my daughter is coming and should be here in a few more minutes so will have to catch up tomorrow evening!!

thinking about ALL OF YOU!!!! missing my 3fc time!!! had a LOT of posts to respond to!!! so now i better get dressed in the skinniest outfit i have so she can see the new me as she has not seen me since mid july!!! yipeee!!!!

hugs everyone
Have fun!!!!!!

Quote:

Some of you have asked... I have 4 kids: Dd, 30- with 3.5 kids. New on is due in feb. they live in GA. Second DD is 26, just moved to England, she has a 21 month old. Then Dd #3 is 25. She lives in GA and is engaged. Then we have DS, 23, married, lives in GA.

Found out yesterday that I have lupus. They took 8 more vials of blood to figure put which kind. I don't feel terrible, sounds like it has for years been misdiagnosed as rheumatoid arthritis. Anyway, I am reacting to this better as I am nearing then end of my weight loss. Guess I am deer in the headlights until I figure out what this means, and if it will change my life at all.
Sorry to hear about the lupus. One of my best friends also has lupus. Just take very good care of yourself, and you already have a good head start with losing weight.

I just wanted to check in quickly and say hi. Busy weekend and will check back in later.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #368  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

I usually just watch the talent-type shows, like Project Runway, Biggest Loser, Top Chef, Dancing WTS, but after 9 or 10 years I'm a bit burned out. I started watching re-runs of Mad Men and loved it, but mainly because I remember so many of the ads from when I was a kid. And they have so many references to the way people thought (or didn't think) back then - like smoking and drinking (even when pregnant), careless remarks, or littering on the highway. We see that today and are aghast, but at the time it was just the way people were. I wonder what people will think about our behaviors 50 years from now.

Time to see what the other side of the pond has to say...sign me up for Downtown!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #369  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

hugs everyone
That's exciting! I know you're going to have a wonderful weekend with your daughter.... bet she was amazed at your steadily shrinking figure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellop60 View Post
Good Evening Ladies

WI today was a good one lost 3 lbs. Happy to see the change in the scale after last week. Hope ev1 has a good weekend.
Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliKay View Post
You think Season 1 was good wait until you see 2 and 3. They were AMAZING! Won't give any secrets away but they were good! So sad Season 3 is coming to an end in the UK but the US will be able to watch them all on PBS starting in January. Dont' miss any of them.
I absolutely LOVE Downtown Abby. I'm so looking forward to Season 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Bib number 2 - just keeping the hands busy ...
Cute! And useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning, all.

Only 2 1/2 more days left here at the cottage. (Boo Hoo) Still have all those leaves to deal with. I raked yesterday from around the trees so it's easy mulching and they don't get missed. That's the most exercise I've had in over a year. Being overweight and a bad foot limits what you do. I did pay for it with my foot though. DH gets to rake today. I just sit on the mower, ride around, and mulch.

Rainbow - have fun with your daughter.

Have a great Saturday and stay OP.
Molly
Hope you're having a nice weekend there. Yard work can definitely burn off a few calories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Now that's a cute bib, I love it!

Oh I just love when I get to see my oldest son, he's 27, how old are your kids? You have a great visit, enjoy every minute!

Lisa, don't tell anyone but I'm only 49 as well, but these ladies are so wonderful and helpful and full of knowledge, and of course you know the bible says to listen to your elders, so I figure we are being blessed for doing what we're supposed to, right?

HAPPY SATURDAY!! All you chicks, I'm off to a craft fair, don't you just love fall, I do. Teena
You're just a spring chickadee. I love craft fairs - always such unique items, and I'm always amazed at the creativity.

Quote:

Sorry to hear about the lupus. A coworker of mine (around our age) was diagnosed with lupus close to 25 years ago. Apart from having to take certain meds (which I assume you already are used to doing for RA - my sister has RA btw) she's certainly been enjoying a full, happy life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
You might as well say goodbye to getting anything done this weekend then since you will be totally hooked on the series. I didn't discover it till season 2, so I had a lot of fun streaming season 1. Rainbow has been sending me the links to watch season 3 which is only on in the UK right now. Season three is a have "your Kleenex ready" type of season. Enjoy and drink some tea while watching, you will feel very British.

Have fun!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about the lupus. One of my best friends also has lupus. Just take very good care of yourself, and you already have a good head start with losing weight.

I just wanted to check in quickly and say hi. Busy weekend and will check back in later.
Yep - I love Downton Abby. It's nice to having Season 3 to look forward to in January.

Hi everyone. It's been a busy Saturday, out and about doing errands. It was nice to finally see some sunshine today. Our weather has been rainy and downcast ever since last weekend.

No news here - just wanted to check in and see what's up with all of you.
And wish everyone a great day and evening.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #370  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

dizzyjean - so sorry to hear you have Lupus. I don't know much about it, but know it is treatable.

Rainbow - your daughter must have been shocked when she saw you yesterday! Can't wait to hear her reaction!

I now have 4 friends on MFP! Someone (Lisa?) said she couldn't see my food diary on there...how do I change that? I looked at the settings but none seemed right.

Went to an Art show this morning and a craft show this afternoon with 2 friends. Was good to get some girlfriend time in! And going out to dinner with other friends tonight. Called the restaurant to see what they might have that I can eat. Sounds like either steak or chicken minus their usual sauces, & steamed veggies & grilled asparagus. Busy day, but lots of fun! Have a great rest of the weekend!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #371  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:

You had your hands full with 4 kids pretty close in age. To me, the worst part about having physical problems is not knowing what is causing it. Hopefully it can be sorted out so you can get the best treatment asap.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #372  
6/26/12 start 355

Alright all my dehydrator heros and dehydrator wish listers... why hasn't anyone suggested dehydrating cauli rice? I'm a lazy cook and the biggest hold back for the cauli recipes has been.. *sigh* first I gotta make the cauli rice.. THEN I can move ahead. (Yes yes, I'm the youngest child and even at 50 it's all about me ) But seriously (and the first part was joking of course) do you see any issues doing that? If it works I'd gladly do 2 or 3 heads ahead of time and use as much as I need when needed. Soaking the dried "rice" a bit ahead and use as needed etc.

I only had 1/2 a small head of cauliflower in the fridge, so I got out the cheese grater and just "riced" what I had, put it in a bowl and microwaved it for 2 min to try and blanch it some. Then I put it in the strainer and washed it off (not sure why - I just did - made more things to clean up after that way) and let it drain. It's now in the dehydrator so we'll see what happens. I might have gone to a bunch of trouble for something that's a no-brainer to begin with, but I feel like I'm planning ahead for the week this way at any rate. Also made more room in my veggie drawer.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #373  
began IP May 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Alright all my dehydrator heros and dehydrator wish listers... why hasn't anyone suggested dehydrating cauli rice? I'm a lazy cook and the biggest hold back for the cauli recipes has been.. *sigh* first I gotta make the cauli rice.. THEN I can move ahead. (Yes yes, I'm the youngest child and even at 50 it's all about me ) But seriously (and the first part was joking of course) do you see any issues doing that? If it works I'd gladly do 2 or 3 heads ahead of time and use as much as I need when needed. Soaking the dried "rice" a bit ahead and use as needed etc.

I only had 1/2 a small head of cauliflower in the fridge, so I got out the cheese grater and just "riced" what I had, put it in a bowl and microwaved it for 2 min to try and blanch it some. Then I put it in the strainer and washed it off (not sure why - I just did - made more things to clean up after that way) and let it drain. It's now in the dehydrator so we'll see what happens. I might have gone to a bunch of trouble for something that's a no-brainer to begin with, but I feel like I'm planning ahead for the week this way at any rate. Also made more room in my veggie drawer.
Wow! If this works halfagain, you deserve a medal!!! I'm very interested to hear how it works. I generally grate up one head of cauli at a time and use it throughout the week. Our fridge is usually overflowing since I began IP, and this technique would be a tremendous help if it works. (Wondering if it even needs to be blanched first???) Think I'll do a google search...
Old 11-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #374  
began IP May 25

http://www.easy-food-dehydrating.com...uliflower.html

~ Dehydrating Cauliflower ~

If using frozen cauliflower, ignore steps 1 and 2.

1.Wash and slice fresh cauliflower into 1/2" thick pieces
2.Blanch the cauliflower in a small amount of boiling water for a few minutes, in batches
3.Arrange on your food dehydrator trays, making sure the cauliflower pieces don't touch, for good air circulation
4.Turn on your food dehydrator and set the temperature between 125°F and 135°F
(or per your food dehydrator's instructions).
•Dehydrated cauliflower will be brittle when fully dried.
•Drying time: between 6-14 hours.
•Please remember to rotate your trays for even drying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am sooo going to try this tomorrow!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #375  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

This is a belated introduction from a forum lurker. I'm 59, married, two kids, but we're empty nesters. About a year ago I watched one co-worker lose some weight on IP and now she has kept it off for a year. About 3 months ago 2 co-workers started losing weight on IP. I listened to their IP chatter in the breakroom and was encouraged that it might be possible to lose more weight. I'd lost 30 pounds and kept it off for several years. A year ago I went on a trip to Europe and started slowly gaining weight back - about 12 pounds in a year.

I started lurking in these forums and gaining information about the program. I went to an introductory presentation by the woman who is running the IP program my co-workers have used. It didn't seem very informational. I do better when I'm working on my own and accountable to myself anyway. So I decided to give it 4 weeks on my own with alternate products. If that didn't work, I'd sign up officially.

After 3 weeks, I had my bloodwork done. Spectacular numbers! I had worked with a nutritionist in my doctor's office a few years ago and the more I followed her program, the worse my numbers got. These numbers were awesome.

I started Alteratives at 193 pounds. After 4 weeks, I'd lost 12 pounds. Now I'm at week 6 and have lost 15. This plan is the first time I've truly believed it's possible to 1) get back down into a normal weight range and 2) stay there.

I'd like to thank everyone here for all the information sharing. You know you're helping the folks who speak up. There are probably many more, like me, who lurk and are helped as much.
Closed Thread