Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #436  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi Teena,

DH and I have been married for 2 1/2 years now. We were best friends in high school and for a few years after (had classic cars in common then, too). We went our separate ways for 35 years. Not quite 3 years ago, he found me on facebook. He was in MO and I was in GA, one month later I flew to MO to see him (he was unemployed and had been for three years so I had more $$ to travel) anyway, he proposed to me that night and we were then married a month and 2 days later. Being unemployed he just brought his stuff and moved in where I had already been living for 15 years. It's just my place. He has to ask me where things are. Just not totally comfortable. The cottage in Michigan I had purchased just two months before he found me on facebook, but being it closed in December and the previous owner had winterized it and there was already 9" of snow on the ground, I hadn't planned to go an open it and stay until May. Of course, by then we were together and that was our honeymoon there. He feels it is ours since we stayed there first together and arranged and decorated it. I had originally bought it with the intent of retiring there. Now to get there together and make our life together more complete.

Molly
molly...that is such a sweet story and i am so happy for you both!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #437  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, all you fabulous 50+ers.

Up and ready for the last leg of our journey. See the sun peeking in the hotel room drapes. DH is going to check out their free breakfast. Sometimes he finds something worth eating and sometimes not. I will have a protein bar after we get on the road.

Have a good OP election day.
Molly
Old 11-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #438  

Height: 5'5"

That is a wonderful story Molly. Thanks for sharing it with us. I am happy for you, too.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #439  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
It's a tough toss up now. The cottage is much more home (long story to do with DH - that's OUR place - the first time there was when we got married - purchased in mid-winter, but never had stayed there (all winterized by closing), not like the one in GA where I lived for 15 years before we got married and he just moved in). It gets harder and harder to leave up there. Got to organize in GA to get moved up to MI. It will complete the missing corner of our relationship.

Molly
Molly, I am excited for you to move to MI full time too. We can spend time together & get to know each other better! Your cottage is probably only an hour from me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
okay I get a gold star... I won't go on about it much, but the bread machine bread came out with that little bite still in the bottom of the pan - caught up by the hook. I didn't eat it. It was in my fingers, (yes lots of tempting descriptions go here). I sat it on the plate with the loaf that was cooling and walked away.

luckily my guys inhale fresh bread machine bread... I won't have to be tempted long.

I riced up two large heads of cauliflower today and put them in the dehydrator. The food processor we got for a wedding gift (almost 29 years ago now) is still working well. They don't build them like they used to. Anyway the process went well, but I think it chopped it finer than I had done with the grater. That might not be a bad thing for pancakes, not sure how it will work out for other dishes. We'll see. I put Kale on the grocery list.. I've been craving some lately.
Awesome willpower Halfagain! That would be really hard...You deserve 5 Gold Stars!!!
I'm buying more cauliflower today to rice up. Meijer has them on sale 2/$3 this week. Still have to try the pancake recipe using it; maybe this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
My clinic had a "try these recipes to make the holidays easier" night and treated us to small samples of the following -

"hummus" made with zucchini

stuffed mushrooms (used sw puffs for stuffing with other spices)

"cocktail" - pomegranate drink made with club soda

green bean casserole made with mushroom soup mix

roasted cauliflower mashed potatoes with IP potato puree mix

pumpkin pie pudding (vanilla and butterscotch puddings with pp spice)

"parfait" (chocolate and vanilla pudding layered with crushed up bars)

Very yummy and nice to meet a lot of the other people who are also OP.

I liked the hummus and the stuffed mushrooms the best. Those recipes might already be on here somewhere, but if anyone wants to see them I will post. It was a nice event, and it only took a little over an hour. They had drawings for prizes and you got an extra box of food if you could get someone to come with you.
Sounds like you have a great clinic! I'm really happy with my clinic/coaches for the most part, but sometimes I'm actually teaching them things I've learned on here. Also, they do not offer classes for when you're ready to begin phasing off. I think it was LizRR (who has the Veg Puree thread) that said her clinic has a class for those going to P3/P4.

Quote:
Hi Teena,

DH and I have been married for 2 1/2 years now. We were best friends in high school and for a few years after (had classic cars in common then, too). We went our separate ways for 35 years. Not quite 3 years ago, he found me on facebook. He was in MO and I was in GA, one month later I flew to MO to see him (he was unemployed and had been for three years so I had more $$ to travel) anyway, he proposed to me that night and we were then married a month and 2 days later. Being unemployed he just brought his stuff and moved in where I had already been living for 15 years. It's just my place. He has to ask me where things are. Just not totally comfortable. The cottage in Michigan I had purchased just two months before he found me on facebook, but being it closed in December and the previous owner had winterized it and there was already 9" of snow on the ground, I hadn't planned to go an open it and stay until May. Of course, by then we were together and that was our honeymoon there. He feels it is ours since we stayed there first together and arranged and decorated it. I had originally bought it with the intent of retiring there. Now to get there together and make our life together more complete.
Molly
Love this story Molly, and as you know our situations are quite similar, so I totally get what you're saying.

Quote:
Good morning, all you fabulous 50+ers.

Up and ready for the last leg of our journey. See the sun peeking in the hotel room drapes. DH is going to check out their free breakfast. Sometimes he finds something worth eating and sometimes not. I will have a protein bar after we get on the road.

Have a good OP election day.
Molly
Safe travels today!

Last edited by greeniris; 11-06-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #440  

OK, I am rededicating myself to the forum and IP protocol. I have had a hard time staying focused, and I haven't lost weight because of it.

I haven't eaten illegal foods, just not the correct amount of legal ones. Too much protein, not enough veggies, forgetting vitamins...you name it. The good news is I haven't gained even one pound and I am determined to get back on track.

I was in another car accident this week and at first I let that throw me off again. No more! Although I am having difficulty with typing, I will be here every day to get my daily dose of IP

I have reset my goals. I am going to write down every morsel of food that goes into my mouth. I am sick and tired of being fat.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #441  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Cute love story Molly
Old 11-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #442  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie View Post
OK, I am rededicating myself to the forum and IP protocol. I have had a hard time staying focused, and I haven't lost weight because of it.

I haven't eaten illegal foods, just not the correct amount of legal ones. Too much protein, not enough veggies, forgetting vitamins...you name it. The good news is I haven't gained even one pound and I am determined to get back on track.

I have reset my goals. I am going to write down every morsel of food that goes into my mouth. I am sick and tired of being fat.
Cyndie: A bunch of us are using MyFitnessPal.com (or phone/iPad app) for accountability. Join us!
I'm sick of being fat, too. So I'm doing something about it and not letting anything/anyone stand in my way! (including myself!)

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-06-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #443  
Feed Your Freedom

i voted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12 mile bike ride IN THE RAIN.....and a vote all before 9 am!!

woohooooo its a GREAT DAY!!
i rode my bike to the polling precinct yeah me!!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO VOTE PEOPLE!!!!!

Old 11-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #444  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

GO VOTE PEOPLE!!!!!

Love the new picture. You're looking younger every moment. Keep it up, gf.

hmmm. Now to plan a Charleston roadtrip since we're finished with car shows and our last MI run for the year.

Moelly
Old 11-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #445  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:

I was in another car accident this week and at first I let that throw me off again. No more! Although I am having difficulty with typing, I will be here every day to get my daily dose of IP

Hello Candice, glad to here your re focusing, and here's the place to be!

Quote:
Hi Teena,

Molly
Oh Molly, what a great story, love it! I have a love story too, I have lived by my now husband all my life since 6 yrs old, we grew up together, well we both married young my first husband left me when I was 5mths pregnant w our second son, bout killed me, so I raised my sons by myself, wouldn't have it any other way, he was married about 17 yrs long enough for his two kids to almost be grown and she left him. So anyway we have always liked each other and now we have been married almost one year on Feb. 4th. I'm happier than ever. And now losing weight and feeling great!

Quote:
i would suggest if you want to exchange cards for the "holidays" Christmas or Hanukkah, to PM (private message) your address, do not post in the thread
Yea ok ill figure out how to do that. Thanks rainbow, and YES I'm American and will be heading out to vote right after this, way to go girl!
I second what rainbow said exercise your right to vote! Ps your pic looks freakin AWSOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Cyndie: A bunch of us are using MyFitnessPal.com (or phone/iPad app) for accountability. Join us!
I'm sick of being fat, too. So I'm doing something about it and not letting anything/anyone stand in my way! (including myself!)
Yea Lisa I'm gunna see if I friended you yet, any thing extra we do can do nothing but help and it's fun too!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #446  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Yea ok ill figure out how to do that. Thanks rainbow, and YES I'm American and will be heading out to vote right after this, way to go girl!
I second what rainbow said exercise your right to vote! Ps your pic looks freakin AWSOME!
hahahaha GOOD POINT!!! hahahaha "i exercised my right to vote" hahahaha GOOD ONE!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #447  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Hi all,

By the time I caught up on my 3FC reading, it got dark. Now it's awfully hard typing. Have a couple more hours on the road to where we will stay. Just wanted to check in and let you know I'm headed home.

Have a good Monday evening.
Molly
Safe travels Molly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Rainbow - so happy that you enjoyed your daughter's visit so much!

I am hooked on Downton Abbey. Done with season 2 and NEED TO KNOW what happens next. Anyone want to share their secret for viewing season 3? Thinking I can maybe log on to iTunes UK and do this somehow. It's killing me!
You will LOVE season 3, but get the Kleenex ready as Susan warned me. Enjoy!

Quote:

I know how hard this is. I fell off of the wagon in June and have had the hardest time getting back on and staying back on. I just keep losing and regaining the same 10 pounds. But I never give up and my new goal is to get into the 160's once and for all. I know both of us can be successful at reaching our goals. Glad you're back, but sorry to hear about the car accident. Hope all is well.

Quote:

GO VOTE PEOPLE!!!!!

A true American!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #448  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:

Am sorry to hear you were in an accident! Hope you're ok...
I too am having a lot of trouble staying focused lately. No illegal stuff/cheats, but an extra packet some days & meal times are off. Keep losing/gaining the same 2 lbs. Only about 10 more to go, so don't understand the lack of focus now. I too am on My Fitness Pal, so if you start that, friend me! We'll help keep each other accountable with at least logging our food every day. Sometimes seeing it in black & white can be a wake up call.

Quote:

GO VOTE PEOPLE!!!!!

OMG - this is the BEST pic of you yet!!! You DO look younger and so much happier my friend...so very proud of you and your accomplishments. (I will vote after work this afternoon )
Old 11-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #449  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Oh Molly, what a great story, love it! I have a love story too, I have lived by my now husband all my life since 6 yrs old, we grew up together, well we both married young my first husband left me when I was 5mths pregnant w our second son, bout killed me, so I raised my sons by myself, wouldn't have it any other way, he was married about 17 yrs long enough for his two kids to almost be grown and she left him. So anyway we have always liked each other and now we have been married almost one year on Feb. 4th. I'm happier than ever. And now losing weight and feeling great!

You have a great love story, too. I married 30+ years ago, but it was only for a couple years and was single from then on. I have no children. DH's wife asked him to leave after 26 years and two teenagers. She forbid him to see them. Only recently while in their 20s and on their own have they reconciled with their dad. His son was his best man at our wedding. His daughter was there too. Plus they have been to the cottage with us a few times.

Your 'happier than ever and losing weight' prompted me to pull out this wedding pic. Close to my weight starting IP. Pretty sad looking at those pics and my size then.

Molly
Attached Images
File Type: png smwedding.png (65.3 KB, 26 views)
Old 11-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #450  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Hi Teena,

Molly
I love this story of how you and hubs got together Molly. Maybe there's still hope for me!

Quote:

Hang tough Cyndie - you can do it. I have to admit that I've been having more problems with my focus lately too though. Only 15 lbs to go, and somehow I'm finding it harder to stay on target. But I'm still resolved to hang in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I like this idea, but I've been logging everything into fatsecret.com for so long now ( since I started the diet back in late March) that everything (all my 'special' foods and recipes, etc.) is already entered there. That makes it so simple to quickly log each meal/day in there. I took a look at MFP a couple of days ago, and can't quite find the motivation to have to reenter a bunch of stuff there too.

Quote:

GO VOTE PEOPLE!!!!!

You are looking fantastic my friend. Beautiful pic. And yes - it's a big day in America... voting day. I'll be watching the telly tonight to see what has transpired.

---------------------

I've been waffling around a bit these past few days and doubt that my scale will show a loss tomorrow. Don't know why for sure, but I'm having the toughest time staying 100% these days... nothing *terrible*... but nonetheless, not 100%. I think at some level I believe I'm already slim enough, and some part of me wants to phase off at this weight. But another part of me is arguing that I should hang in there, get focused 100% again, and get to the goal I originally set for myself. Anybody got some good advice - I need a good kick in the pants!
Closed Thread