Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #241  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
YAY!!! WUV, glad you had a positive appointment. Who did you go too? $7750 for a 360 with a but lift???? Thats what I want. LOL
Dr Richardson here in Biloxi is where I went. His fee is like $5500 then the hospital is $1100 and the one that puts you to sleep (don't know how to spell it...haha) is like $750. really nice dr
Old 07-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #242  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Dr Richardson here in Biloxi is where I went. His fee is like $5500 then the hospital is $1100 and the one that puts you to sleep (don't know how to spell it...haha) is like $750. really nice dr
Yes he is a very nice man! His staff is pretty awesome too! When I get down to about 190, I am going to go see him again and get re-quoted. UNLESS I can get down to that by Nov. 13th when my surgery is already scheduled, LOL
Old 07-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #243  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
Yes he is a very nice man! His staff is pretty awesome too! When I get down to about 190, I am going to go see him again and get re-quoted. UNLESS I can get down to that by Nov. 13th when my surgery is already scheduled, LOL
Haha...nice!...you can get there!!
Old 07-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #244  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, everyone! I hope you have an amazing day today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I had my WI today. I lost 4.5 pounds for 102 total loss!!!!!
SewingMomma! Congratulations! 102!!! That's amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I keep all of my journals too - I write down my activity, vitamins (I have a 7-day/week, 4 compartment/day pill box, so I know if I missed any), how I felt, any 'differences' (TOM, vacation, etc). I also redline my journal before WI with my notes & improvement areas - my coach loves that!

I seriously think it makes us better caretakers as it was way easier to chase the little one up & down the sand!.
Wow, Liz, you are so organized! I think I'll need to get one of those 7 day pill boxes. I have forgotten to take my dinner pills twice this week. Getting the twins dinner, bath, and bedtime is a wonderful, sweet challenge and then my daughter and I are so pooped that we eat and plop on the couch to relax (and watch Fringe) and I forget about my pills. We are in bed so early because they wake up early!

I have found that it is so much easier to get up and down, even just 20 pounds lighter! Yesterday we went to the baby doctor and found that they are 18 pounds each! That's just about what I've lost. I can't carry them around for too long, so I'm beginning to understand why I feel so much lighter myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Good day-
I think I have finally recouped from my river trip. Okay enough about that...I hope everyone is still excited about this diet, I know I am. The river trip wouldn't have been possible last year because I was too overweight! I love that my life is filling with so many more possibilities as my weight declines! BTW, I am officially now overweight and no longer obese! Yippee!
!
Salmongirl & Tripmama, that river trip sounds fantastic! I LOVE to go camping in my tent. I haven't done too much river rafting, although I have floated down the Guadalupe several times. I usually camp in my tent for a week each summer at a state park with a big lake. Not happening this summer; I just don't want to have to get out of my tent 3 times a night to pee. But I am planning a little Adirondack trip in a couple of weeks with my sister. You are absolutely right that there are so many more possibilities when we are not overweight. I can't wait to try scuba diving and maybe even sky diving!

BTW, you two are going to be Two Hot Sisters very soon! Congrats on your losses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
my IP survival travel bag was great to have...everything at the ready, and easy to just carry inside the restaurants too....but i tell you what...having my meals planned ahead of time, for all the places we were eating, was my lifesaver!!! having it already typed out on little strips of paper meant i didn't even have to LOOK at the menu and be tempted!! the waitresses all loved the idea too, as they just took the paper right to the chef!!!
Ok, Rainbow, you probably have posted the items in your travel bag, but I' missed it. I'd love to see that list. I'm planning for next week in New York City. That will be a challenge.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today!
Old 07-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #245  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Good morning everyone, My appointment went well, all of my weight is in my "apron". He said I could stop now and be at 180lbs after the surgery. He would do a tummy tuck for $5,500 or a 360 for $7750 with a butt lift..ha. He also gave me the price of a thigh lift , $3,500 the 2 would have to be 6 weeks apart can't do both at the same time. He congratulated me on my losses and asked how I did it. I told him and he said he of course had never heard of it so I explained it to him. He said well that seems healthy and you look fabulous so I would say it works....lol....I left with a positive feeling knowing that where I am right now would be good enough for the surgery but I am not stopping until the scale says 200lbs THEN I will stop!
Lisa, it sounds like you had a very positive experience and obtained a lot of information at your appointment. I think it's great knowledge to have as you will soon be moving into the next phase of your journey.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #246  

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbecause53 View Post
Lisa, it sounds like you had a very positive experience and obtained a lot of information at your appointment. I think it's great knowledge to have as you will soon be moving into the next phase of your journey.
Yes, it was very positive and scary all at the same time. At least now I know that I am good where I am but I can still go more if I want too. The next phase is going to be a change but a good change that is for sure
Old 07-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #247  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Yes, it was very positive and scary all at the same time. At least now I know that I am good where I am but I can still go more if I want too. The next phase is going to be a change but a good change that is for sure
Glad you had a good appointment. It is scary but exciting too! How does it feel when you think that you are pretty much "done". It still feels unreal to me most of the time, lol.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #248  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Back from my first Tuesday WI and low and behold, I lost 2 lbs in 5 days! My new coach is a nutritionist (sp?) and a fitness coach, this should be interesting

Wuv, wtg, I wish the fees here in FL were as reasonable as that, I'm saving my pennies right now, when the weight is gone, I'll be ready

Lunch time

Last edited by shathom; 07-24-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #249  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post

Ok, Rainbow, you probably have posted the items in your travel bag, but I' missed it. I'd love to see that list. I'm planning for next week in New York City. That will be a challenge.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post4409459

the thread is closed so i couldn't copy and paste...but you can find that travel bag at the link!!
it was so wonderful having everything so handy!!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #250  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

ok....packed and heading home!! woohoo!!
see u guys soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #251  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quick pop-in to you 100%ers - I snuck over to the mall last night while my folks are here watching my son and hit The Limited, got a few items and am a solid size 4/Small there - I don't think they are as well known for their vanity sizing, so that is probably a 'real life' size for myself right now.

I am actually heading back to my old stomping grounds Old Navy (size 2/XSmall there) to return/exchange some items. I have a bunch of size 6 clothes I never got a chance to wear I need to downsize or just plain return if they don't have my size (clearance items, hard to exchange - its a shame because they were such a GREAT deal! but if they don't fit, they don't fit...). And I may just get a few items while I'm there! I have a giftcard and a $20 off coupon burning a hole in my pocket!
Old 07-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #252  
Began IP 06/28/12

S/C/G: 332.5/308.5/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Wi #4

Back from WI#4 and I have lost 4 lbs this week. I have been plagued by TOM for my past two weigh ins. Hope it goes away soon I did have an NSV this week. I tried on some pants that I haven't been able to wear for the past 4 years before I got pregnant for the first time and I could put them on and zip them up WooHoo! Granted I would not wear them in public yet but hey I got them on I have 3 more weigh ins until my beach trip with my husband and six other couples. I am shooting to be under 300 before I go on the trip we will see.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 240/230/160

Height: 5'4

Greetings everyone - Just had WI - 4 or 5 if you count the initial. Down another 2.8 lbs. That is over 23 lbs in since June 19th. Yahoo.

Salmongirl, I read your post about rafting the Salmon river...beautiful place. I have hiked Hells canyon following the Snake and plan a lot more hiking as the weight comes off.

Thanks to everyone at this website for all the great info and support.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #254  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Hey Losers....Im Baaaaaack!!

Hey everyone, Im back from my holiday in the sunny southern US. I did take my Playbook with me, and checked in a little but no time to post and didnt post here for sure as I was NOT 100% while gone (but this was planned) but happy to say that I am back on the 100% wagon since Sunday morning and it feels great.

Wow...for any of you in the south, no wonder we need IP, you all have the most awful disgusting food that tasted so wonderful. Went to a number of buffets and such, and Im not sure there was much that wasnt deep fried. If you dont fry it, you dip it in butter lol

Anyway, had a great time, had great food, tons of fresh seafood, even ate a bunch of crawfish for the first time, and managed not to kill anyone on the hiway. You all know how to eat in the south but you are the chittiest drivers on the PLANET!! Wow, those HUGE signs that say SLOWER TRAFFIC DRIVE IN RIGHT LANE....those arent just a suggestion. Its called a passing lane so people can PASS...not for filming a remake of driving Miss Daisy.

Will definitely want to visit the south again, loved it down there, and wow was it hot and humid. We have heat here, but its nothing compared to the humidity.

Back on plan now, and have decided to change my goal weight lower, so now I have a long way to go again. Looking forward to catching up with everyone. Even if you are a bunch of losers haha!!
Old 07-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieluver View Post
OMG ... I am so glad you shared your symptoms with us!! I originally did IP because of the chronic pain I was having with my Lyme ... lost weight, felt fantastic, phased off and within 6 months the pain was back. Pain lead to eating carbs for comfort ... the cycle began.

I restarted IP and within 2 weeks my pain had significantly gone down. A nutritionist mentioned that Lyme attacks the immune system (which I knew because of my thyroid issues ... My LLMD told me that), and that I may want to consider a gluten free diet when I phase off of IP.

I have two co-workers with siliac (sp) and mentioned gluten free diets, but none of my symptoms matched theirs. My pain includes unexplained bone pain (no arthritis), muscle fatigue, and unexplained inflammation.

I told a friend that I am almost afraid to go back to carbs because they seem to add to my pain ... the nutritionist suggested that I try to monitor which carbs set me off, and consider trying a gluten free diet.

Maybe she was onto something!

when you hit phase 4 you may want to check out the Carb Sensitivity Program. It eases you back into carbs and lets you monitor which ones set off bad reactions. You can see about the book on Amazon.
Pat
Closed Thread