Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #331  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

auroragrl, good luck with your major life decisions. Ultimately, you will do what is right for you and your children, no matter how difficult it may initially be. Kids are resiliant, change is harder for us, I think.

Knowing very little about your situation, I will still give you my two cents: accept the teaching position, for the reliable paycheck, benefits, and the ability to work at establishing a pension or some other annuity that will provide some financial security well into the future. The job, while demanding, and sometimes downright exhausting, will still allow you to be available to your children. I think it is a great job for a single mom. I give you this advice as a teacher myself. It is also a very rewarding profession, which I think you already know. Best wishes.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Everyone here is so supportive - I love it.

Had a great day - just finished eating/feeding everyone - think I'll play a board game with my youngest. My oldest is at work. I feel sleepy but it's a little early for that. However, I was up most of the night with my dilemma. LOL - wish I would have typed it out at 3:30, because I was able to sleep after I got it all out.

We have had such a hot, dry, extreme summer - I am wondering what our fall and winter will be like.

We heard the first locusts in late June - which is early - and there is belief that so many days after you hear them, the first frost will come. We'll have to see.

I love summer but also like fall, I'm hoping that it will be a beautiful fall.

Just a few thoughts that aren't weight related!
Old 07-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #333  

S/C/G: 178/144/135

Height: 5'9"

Back in the saddle... recommitted after being away for about 6 weeks. I didn't go crazy by any means with overindulging... my weight even stayed the same as my last weigh in, so not too much to complain about I have 9 lbs to go and then I can FINALLY move into phase 2, 3, 4-- pumped. It was this board and your inspiring support that brought me back to complete my journey. I thank you!
Old 07-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #334  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Tomorrow is my WI#21 @ 1pm. I've been flip-flopping on whether to make this my final Phase One WI or not. I am traveling Aug 13-16, and really don't want that to be my first Phase 3 week, I've done business travel on Phase 2 before (Week 3 of IP) and it was easy. I was thinking of doing Phase 2 for 3 weeks, but I think I will just stick it out with Phase 1 for 1 more week, then continue on the protocol as defined of Phase 2 for 2 weeks, Phase 3 for 2 weeks (can't WAIT for that 1st breakfast!), then Phase 4!

I just got my before pictures from my coach (I am making preparations for my post in the "Goal" forum - I am addicted to staring at Ishbel & busymom's posts, just fyi y'all have a stalker) and wanted to give y'all a sneek peak at my before pictures my coach took at initial WI....compare it to skinny jeans in my avatar and you can see how IP WORKS!!!!

This has been a 100% On Plan journey for me - I had total faith in this protocol after reading everyones progress and posts, I knew there would be roadblocks & bumps because everyone else shared their updates and strategies. So when blips happened to me, it was easy to just shrug my shoulders and keep on going 100%, knowing I would beat the scale. So THANK YOU to EVERYONE for sharing their journey - knowing we are all going through this together, and sharing was tremendously helpful.

I wish I had taken weekly pictures with my coach every week for a more detailed transformation. These are some of the few 'before' pictures I have, as I could not tolerate looking at myself. Looking at the before it really hits me how far I have come - I can't believe I let it get to that point! Sometimes I still don't 'see it' in the mirror, but these pictures really smack me in the face.
LizzRR. You are indeed amazing. Your success is inspiring, but more than that, what I love the most about you is your supportive knowledgable presence here!! You have to stick around cause I don't know where we would be without the seasoned vets of IP to guide us along!! Congratulations on all your success, you've worked hard and deserve to have your arse looking hot in those pink jeans!! WAY TO GO!!!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #335  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Okie dokie my IP friends - I have a life dilemma, and I have spent my night sleepless and thinking - so I am going to ask for some advice.

Some of you know - my girls Dad passed away in June. He carried all of the insurances on my girls, as well as contributed financially to their care. We've now lost that. My youngest daughter will qualify for SS benefits, by oldest daughter just graduated HS so she does not qualify any longer.

I am an elementary teacher, who for the past 4 years ran my own business. Mostly because there was a job shortage where I had moved to and there were no openings at the school. I decided I should look for a teaching position so I could have a more stable income, as well as benefits. I have been offered a position - I would need to be there in approximately 3 weeks. It would require a move, I would have to make plans for my house, and have been trying to sell my business. I have to let the school know by Friday.

When I try to decide I go back and forth - it's too fast and there is to much to accomplish - It is good pay with good benefits and I could get back to doing something I love and miss - and the list goes on and on.

I need to what is best for my girls and provide for them the best way I can.

I feel as if I am sslloowwllyy driving myself insane.

Throw some things at me - what would you do - what would your considerations be?? You all are supportive and have great thoughts -

Now that I have done this - I feel as if I can sleep - wow! I should have thought of this 3 hours ago.

Life sure takes us on a crazy ride at times.
I didn't read through the whole thread so I don't know what everyone else said. I would grab the job. You know you like teaching and the benefits are so important.
But I don't know how far you would have to move and what plans your older daughter has now that she has finished high school.

Pat
Old 07-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #336  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Because of the impending tornadoes, I was able to get my garage cleaned, top to bottom, in order to get my cars in!!!!! YAY! I am done with my annual garage cleaning!!!!! YAHOOOOOOO!!!! And...we did NOT get a tornado!!!!!!! YAY! Tonight, I had 8 oz of scallops for dinner, WOW, was that soooooo tasty. I was a little disappointed because there wasn't any rutabaga at the store, but, the scallops tasted absolutely SCANDALOUS!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #337  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Because of the impending tornadoes, I was able to get my garage cleaned, top to bottom, in order to get my cars in!!!!! YAY! I am done with my annual garage cleaning!!!!! YAHOOOOOOO!!!! And...we did NOT get a tornado!!!!!!! YAY! Tonight, I had 8 oz of scallops for dinner, WOW, was that soooooo tasty. I was a little disappointed because there wasn't any rutabaga at the store, but, the scallops tasted absolutely SCANDALOUS!
Yum! I have not had scallops in ages. How did you cook them? Will definitely have to put these on my shopping list!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #338  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hey everyone! I'm finally home from Houston. Went directly to the clinic after my 4 hour drive. There was an IP Open House and my coach asked me to say a few words to the prospective IPers. That was nice. I also got to taste a few things I had never tasted....

Then I had my 6th WI. It's been about a week and a half and I'm down 3 pounds! Yay!! I hit the 20 pound mark! I'll weigh in again on Monday before I leave for my final summer trip up north.

I just made some Moroccan Meatballs. I bought spices from a Middle Eastern store in Houston. I followed the recipe, but it's a-too spicy a-meatball.... (uh, wrong accent....) Maybe I've got something else I can eat for my protein tonight. I will use less of this interesting spice next time and I think it will be better.

Auroragirl, you've gotten lots of advice here. I think you know what you will probably do. Take the plunge. You've transformed your body. Continue to move forward. Something wonderful is in store!

Aurora and NewPath, I also raised two wonderful daughters as a single mom. I taught elementary (music) when they were in school and can also say that it was a great job - very rewarding, good benefits, and the right vacations.

Liz, you are amazing! Thanks for posting the before pictures.

Dana, enjoy Galveston! I went last Sunday and it was lovely.

We are certainly transforming ourselves!!!

I'm glad to be home for a few days, at least, although I miss those little baby twins already!

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #339  

Welcome home joysh!! Leaving is bittersweet. Nice to come home but miss everyone so much!! Esp. Babes!!! Glad to hear you had a wonderful time!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #340  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

[QUOTE=mylastdiet;4417970]Yum! I have not had scallops in ages. How did

I sauteed them in olive oil, with fresh chopped garlic, and fresh lemon juice. I may need to have them again tomorrow night. They were so amazingly sweet. They tasted so good that they felt illegal!!!! I wish that i had time to make s salad with them too....I made asparagus. Enjoy!!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #341  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

I YOU GUYS AND GALS! DON'T EVER LET ANYONE TELL YOU AREN'T AWESOME!!!!] Thank you for you support ~
Old 07-26-2012, 11:43 PM   #342  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Rutabaga fries are a weekly staple in my house!!!!! Can't live without em!!! I'd love to know what an Actifry would do to them though!
Man, this Actifry is the talk of the town! Longhorn has started a movement!

auroragrl. you have been through so much in such a short amount of time. Change is hard, these are big decisions to make. Take a deep breath, then take another one, we are all here for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Love the hot pink jeans! When my kids go back to school, I'm so hitting the Old Navy clearance racks!
Omg! The deals are Amazing! I was looking at my receipt, shirts for less than $2, jeans for $4.71, I got one cute top for $.47, another for $1.47. I should scan and share my receipt it's so unbelievable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrybaby View Post
Well my weigh in yesterday went AWESOME!!!!! Im down another 6.1 pounds for a total of 30 lbs in just 6.5 weeks!!! I have never been happier in my entire life! I love IP and Im so grateful for all of you and all your support!! GO 100%!!
Wow! That is an awesome WI! You are having amazing losses! 100% is the way to go for success!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #343  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustybuns View Post
Back in the saddle... recommitted after being away for about 6 weeks. I didn't go crazy by any means with overindulging... my weight even stayed the same as my last weigh in, so not too much to complain about I have 9 lbs to go and then I can FINALLY move into phase 2, 3, 4-- pumped. It was this board and your inspiring support that brought me back to complete my journey. I thank you!
Welcome back Crustybuns! You are so close I know you can do it!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #344  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning all, well it's raining (again), supposed to rain all weekend. I don't really mind since it has been so darn hot! My flowers are sure loving it. Let's all stay 100% OP today, good luck to anyone weighing in, hope the woosh fairy visited you last night!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #345  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, everyone!

I'm still very happy about yesterday's WI #6. 3 more pounds gone forever! Hooray! Slowly but surely it will come off!!

I couldn't eat all my dinner last night - for the first time. It was too late, I put way too much middle eastern seasoning in my meat, and I just couldn't eat it.

I had my snack (which I still needed) and went to bed. Feeling much better and will have a 100% with all my food today.

Traveling changes schedules sometimes, even though I try hard to stay on schedule.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
Closed Thread