Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #61  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning peeps.
Vet. you use the Jullian Bread for alternatives right???? Does it put you out of ketosis??? Have you hear anything funky about this bread online??? Cause someone in the alternative thread is suggesting that its not quite "Right?"
Old 07-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #62  
Hard Working Newbie

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
That used to be my 'go-to' snack. I would microwave 5 cups rhubarb until mushy ~5 minutes then 'assembly line' make 5 coffee mugs of raspberry jello and add 1 cup rhubarb to each coffee mug. Then let it set in the fridge so that I always had a snack ready to go when I came home from work. You don't need to add any sweetener when you nuke the rhubarb as the rasberry jello is the PERFECT flavor/complement. It's a great "fruit fix".
Totally doing this! Thanks
Old 07-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #63  
Porthardygurl

Holy COW Lizz!! You look incredible!! Incredibly thinalicious!!! Great Job!!
Old 07-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

Ugh, I just got back from the dermatologist, where they removed 3 moles. I had a coffee/vanilla pudding shake around 6 this morning, then a Pure Protein bar at 11. I was saving the rest of my lunch for when I got back. I just about passed out at the doctor's office after they removed the moles. That has never happened to me. Not sure if it was because I hadn't eaten much or just thinking about it all. Now hopefully they'll come back ok, so I don't have to get more removed.

And I told my hubby last night that I can't eat out for the rest of the week. Too easy for me to get off track.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
Ugh, I just got back from the dermatologist, where they removed 3 moles. I had a coffee/vanilla pudding shake around 6 this morning, then a Pure Protein bar at 11. I was saving the rest of my lunch for when I got back. I just about passed out at the doctor's office after they removed the moles. That has never happened to me. Not sure if it was because I hadn't eaten much or just thinking about it all. Now hopefully they'll come back ok, so I don't have to get more removed.

And I told my hubby last night that I can't eat out for the rest of the week. Too easy for me to get off track.
I'm so sorry you had a rough experience there! I know that when you bump out of kitosis its ROUGH ROUGH ROUGH for a few days. I sure hope you ate and are feeling a little bit better!!

I don't eat out hardly ever and if I do I order a salad with something grilled and no dressing, just a side of lemons. GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #66  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwaver1ng View Post
I'm thinking about doing something with rhubarb and raspberry jello. Anyone else ever do anything like that? Like, add rhubarb and the packet to boiling water?

~Jenni
Yes! Love the jelly this way. I just mix the cooked rhubarb into it before putting it in the fridge to set
Old 07-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #67  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Good afternoon all. Well I have hit my initial goal of 50lbs!
I honestly have to say it all went by so quick and it seemed easy. I mostly attribute that to this fantastic forum. You all have been so supportive and with all the advise and great ideas there is no reason to fail. I even got to meet a follow member the other day, Dizzyjean. We live relatively close and go to the same clinic in Northern Virginia. I will be starting Phase 2 next week. Looking forward to it. Of course I better not gain an ounce this week
Old 07-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #68  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i REALLY need to finish packing.....but.......i love all of you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES YES....YES SEXY LIZ......I WILL MARRY YOU!!!
oooh wait, i'm already married!!! hahaha

have fun at the beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
o:
lol...aww shucks, wait...i am married too! Oh well, worth a shot ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
I would say that your feeling depressed is a sign that you are losing weight!! We all lose at different rates, I am about the same build as you and I have had a few weeks where is was a pound or so loss. It is hard when you see all of these posts, but just remember you are getting there regardless of how fast. It took me a long time to drop my first size too. Just keep swimming!!!
Estrogen release! You are burning off the fat for sure Carcam!

Last edited by LizRR; 07-18-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Height: 5'4"

Wow the losses and support on this thread are so amazing! I had my WI today and am down 18.3 total! IP works!

Thanks for the rhubarb recipe, the stuff grows like crazy in my back yard and I never know what to do with it! LOL

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #70  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
Rainbow....you are super woman!!
well, not exactly super woman, just so inspired by so many successful Ipeeps here that I WANT IT TOO!!!...so i am trying to make mt IP ROAD TRIP a little smoother!!....cause we all know there are enough mountains to climb already!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J bug View Post
Happy Wednesday Weigh in day! Down another 3.6 pounds for a total of 22.4 in 6 weeks. And, I'm feeling great.

I love the inspiration and ideas I get from this board. I should post more often myself.
: what a very wonderful weigh in!!! i know you are feeling so PROUD of all your choices that have brought you this far!! Keep doing what you are doing....its obvious that its working!!! well done!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by athebeach View Post
Off to physical therapy. My knee is loads better. I can even go up and down stairs easily now. Sure am glad I did the surgery and got it fixed. I hear lots of thunder again but no rain.

Rainbow- We did a three week road trip after school was out and you can stay OP, but you have to prepare just like you have done. Good Job
sorry to hear about your knee but it sounds like your surgery was successful and that you are making great progress. knees are nothing to joke about when they won't work properly!!! wow a 3 week road trip would take massive planning hahaha good thing mine is only 6 days!! wooohooo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
just wanted to say that you are looking so fabulous in your pretty dress!!!! when you posted it the other day, it made me want to wear a dress....i haven't worn dresses in a very long time and haven't worn jeans in years because i can't fit into them....but your pictures inspired me to buy a new dress...so i went to the goodwill store to find something...because all my spare money is being spent on IP these days....and i wore it out....yes...in public today!! and for the first time in a very very long time...i felt like a pretty lady....instead of a frumpy fatty in sweat pants!!! thank you for inspiring me

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemIAm View Post
Happy Wednesday! WI is tomorrow and I have been REALLY GOOD this week - so I am truly hoping to hit the "lost 75 lbs total" mark.
- I am reminding myself IP only works if you FOLLOW it!
good luck at your WI tomorrow but it sounds like you have a real grasp on this program and are truly embracing it!!! love your advice....of reminding yourself....i remind myself that too, every day i can muster the strength!! WE GOT THIS!!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #71  
Porthardygurl

Good Afternoon from Hardy..todays dieter's forecast: Sunny with a chance of cravings...

Its been a rough day today for some unknown reason??? Im in week 6 right now and yet im having the munchies (no i didnt smoke that green stuff) Been downing my water hoping it will go away!!!! MMMMMMMM im craving a subway salad!!!! NOM NOM NOM I just gotta say.. i love pickles in my salad...never would have thought till i did it at subway..and omg...so good...
Old 07-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

I bit the bullet and told DH how much I want to lose last night. I am trying not to react in any way to his reply, which was simply, "Oh really, wow! I guess I could probably stand to lose 50lbs, truth be told." He alway says he wants to lose 30lbs, so not sure why it's 50 now.

Anyway, this was a big NSV for me. I know he sees me every day, he knows I need to /want to lose weight. But to attach a number to it was scary as heck, and afterwards I felt nauseous.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #73  
Feed Your Freedom

Default Ip Road Trip Adventure Part 1

....so all packed now....OOOOH RAiN RAiN GO AWAY...i've got a road trip to start 2day!!!! hahaha

so i thought i'd share my IP SURVIVAL TRAVEL BAG!!!

nice....with handles...easy to carry my supplies...

made me a label....I GOT THIS!!!!

vitamins....sf syrups....vinegar and oil in a tiny spray bottle...stevia drops...my key lime flavoring....lemon and lime water flavors....its all about the flavors!!! and of course my burts bees chapstick....cause i never leave home without one!! haha

i had fun making little labels....to match!!

tucked away inside the main compartment...my IP packets, jay robb protein powders in single serve baggies...coffee...nothing but folgers....so i take my own coffee! hahah....my menus and all the things i have planned including my little request strips!! all together in an easy to carry tote!!

add my cooler with ice, bottled water, IP chocolate puffs and IP lemon poppy seed bar that needs to stay on ice in our southern heat....cut up veggies, colored mini bell peppers....a few hard boiled eggs, some dill pickles in individual baggies ready to grab and go...

plus....some kale chips baked and dried completely that i hope retain their crispness all packed and ready for the trip...

ok...time to load the car....so go away rain!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #74  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good Afternoon from Hardy..todays dieter's forecast: Sunny with a chance of cravings...

Its been a rough day today for some unknown reason??? Im in week 6 right now and yet im having the munchies (no i didnt smoke that green stuff) Been downing my water hoping it will go away!!!! MMMMMMMM im craving a subway salad!!!! NOM NOM NOM I just gotta say.. i love pickles in my salad...never would have thought till i did it at subway..and omg...so good...
thanks for the suggestion....i have subway as 1 stop for lunch this road trip so i will add pickles!! i never had a salad from subway!! i'm in for a real treat!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #75  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
Hi All! What great WI's you are having! So good to hear that everyone is doing well. I hate to be the Debbie Downer today, but here it comes...I just had my third WI this morning and lost 1 pound and 1 inch. I know I should be happy about this and I am really trying to tell myself this, but man, it's tough! I see these awesome numbers you are posting and I am very sick with jealousy. So far I have lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks. I know this equals out to 3 pounds a week and I should be thrilled...I am trying to be thrilled, but I feel like I have been working so hard and it should be going faster. I guess I would feel better if I felt like something was different...my clothes still fit the same. I know I need to toughen up and power through, but I'm just a bit on the depressed side of things right now...well, more than just a bit. Waaaaahhhhh.

The other thing that is confusing to me is the fact that I pee on on ketostix every morning and it shows that I'm in Ketosis. If this is true, then why is the scale being so stubborn? Can you be in ketosis, but not be losing weight???
Everybody is different and so has different results on the program. I felt your frustration early on in the program, because I was 100% and not even eating restricted foods. I finally got over myself when I was able to fit into one size smaller pants, but it took about 36 pounds before that happened! I mean, really? Is that even fair??

I'm losing about 2 pounds a week. I would love to lose what so many of our IPeeps are losing, but I am happy for two pounds gone forever every week. That is still way more than I ever lost on any other weight loss program. Hang in there and try not to get discouraged. You are losing weight and inches every week, so you are working the program. Good luck and stay positive!
Closed Thread