Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #211  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieluver View Post
SewingMomma, I just uploaded "My Fitness Program" ... it is awesome! I love the fact that it has IP foods already there ... starting this today; I always have my iphone with me, so it should make journaling much easier. It also will help me remember why I should NOT eat something friends try to push my way :O)
I'm happy you like it. Someone on here recommended it a while back, and I bought it. To be quite honest, I didn't use it much until a month ago. I was just using the IP journal. Then my coach started doing the body scan, and my lean muscle mass started dropping. So I became much more aware of how much protein/carbs each packet contains. My Fitness Coach lets me stay on top of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
WI 12 lost 4.8!!!!
that brings my total lost to 70!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's fantastic. Good for you for staying OP while on vacation. I was just telling my coach that I've managed to lose weight both times I went on vacation. The way to do that is through planning. KUDOS to you for being so organized!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
Hi Pat! For cooking, do you use a spray can to coat your pan?
I just drizzle some olive oil or grape seed oil in the pan. I don't add enough oil to affect my losses, just enough to keep my food from sticking to the pan and to aid in browning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
I'm really enjoying these last few days with the babies! Then I'll go home for a few days, WI, buy food, and leave early next week for my last trip of the summer. Then back to school. But first a trip to NY. (city and upstate)

BTW, The Protein Store is really great. Daisy ships stuff immediately. I think I'll have some food sent to NY so I don't have to carry it all on the plane. Usmvet gave me that idea.
I'm happy that you had a good time visiting with your grand babies! We had fun on our trip to North Louisiana. I placed an order to the Protein Store on Saturday morning, and I received my order TODAY. Boy is Daisy ever speedy when it comes to shipping. I buy most of my food from my clinic, but I get all of my vitamins from the Protein Store and pick up an extra box of packets here and there.

I had my WI today. I lost 4.5 pounds for 102 total loss!!!! I'm so excited. Eight more to go! I'm pretty sure that I'm going to phase off when I reach goal since I'll probably lose more during Phase 2. I am so EXCITED!

Last edited by SewingMomma; 07-23-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma;

I had my WI today. I lost 4.5 pounds for 102 total loss!!!! I'm so excited. Eight more to go! I'm pretty sure that I'm going to phase off when I reach goal since I'll probably lose more during Phase 2. I am so EXCITED!
so excited for you, was totally watching this thread so I could post a congrats note, welcome to the century club!

Last edited by Ishbel; 07-23-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:43 PM   #213  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I'm back from my girl's week away and we had way too much fun. Unfortunately the scale reflected that, but thankfully I lost 3 of those pounds overnight. I knew a lot of the gain would be water, and sure enough. I also am doing the colon prep today for my colonoscopy tomorrow morning. That should help the scale go down even more. So once I finish the test tomorrow morning it will be back to phase 1 till my next vacation in two weeks. As much as I'm enjoying all these little trips, I will also be happy to put them behind me and just get back to phase 1 till I reach goal.

Hope everyone had a great week while I was away.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #214  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
That's fantastic!!! A big congrats to you.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #215  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
so excited for you, was totally watching this thread so I could post a congrats note, welcome to the century club!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
That's fantastic!!! A big congrats to you.
Thanks! I'm so excited! Even the fact that my coach told me that she's leaving the clinic didn't bring me down. I met her replacement, and she's really nice. However if she turns out to be a dud, no problem. My clinic has a bunch of coaches, so I can switch to one I know.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #216  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
I'm happy you like it. Someone on here recommended it a while back, and I bought it. To be quite honest, I didn't use it much until a month ago. I was just using the IP journal. Then my coach started doing the body scan, and my lean muscle mass started dropping. So I became much more aware of how much protein/carbs each packet contains. My Fitness Coach lets me stay on top of that.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's fantastic. Good for you for staying OP while on vacation. I was just telling my coach that I've managed to lose weight both times I went on vacation. The way to do that is through planning. KUDOS to you for being so organized!

I just drizzle some olive oil or grape seed oil in the pan. I don't add enough oil to affect my losses, just enough to keep my food from sticking to the pan and to aid in browning.

I'm happy that you had a good time visiting with your grand babies! We had fun on our trip to North Louisiana. I placed an order to the Protein Store on Saturday morning, and I received my order TODAY. Boy is Daisy ever speedy when it comes to shipping. I buy most of my food from my clinic, but I get all of my vitamins from the Protein Store and pick up an extra box of packets here and there.

Thanks for the info...I changed this up today so we will see if it helps. Congrats on the WI! aWeSoMe jOb!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
hey Meadowwheeler, aren't you gluten intolerant? How does it feel to you when you've eaten gluten products.

I jumped (without thinking) into white wheat flour during fun day and boy did I pay for it. I posted in the maintainers thread...I won't put the gory details in here but if your interested it's there.

Just wondering if pain, like PAIN, like 7 days of coughing or one million crunchies sound familiar. And then at 2 this morning (woke up to pee lol) it was pain in my lower abdomen, almost like a blazing trail of pain...ugh.

I've had wheat since I started maintenance, I just felt sluggish (it was only two pieces of toast) so I use sprouted grain...this was a DIVE into wheat for a 'free day supper'.

Let me know? Or anyone else who is diagnosed with gluten intolerance...or just self diagnosed themselves based on symptoms...??
I would imagine each person is different but yes PAIN is part of my symptoms. I get severe pain in my hips and wrists...spikey sharp paint in the bones that won't go away. I also get severe constipation and my skin starts acting like I am a teenager. I avoid gluten because the pain is so bad that it just isn't worth it. 1 week of accidental exposure took 2 weeks to get over. 1 meal of accidental exposure days a full day of pain but a couple days of constipation which brings its own kind of pain.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
hey Meadowwheeler, aren't you gluten intolerant? How does it feel to you when you've eaten gluten products.

I jumped (without thinking) into white wheat flour during fun day and boy did I pay for it. I posted in the maintainers thread...I won't put the gory details in here but if your interested it's there.

Just wondering if pain, like PAIN, like 7 days of coughing or one million crunchies sound familiar. And then at 2 this morning (woke up to pee lol) it was pain in my lower abdomen, almost like a blazing trail of pain...ugh.

I've had wheat since I started maintenance, I just felt sluggish (it was only two pieces of toast) so I use sprouted grain...this was a DIVE into wheat for a 'free day supper'.

Let me know? Or anyone else who is diagnosed with gluten intolerance...or just self diagnosed themselves based on symptoms...??
Yes that is what happens to me with wheat. I tried to reintoduce it in phase 3. I couldn't sleep all night from the extreme pain. But if you never had this when you ate wheat before IP it may be something else and you may need to get checked out.

Pat
Old 07-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #219  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
MI am going to see the plastic surgeron at 3 today so we will go from there. I am in a size 18 pant right now and I am good with that. I guess I will see what the Dr says then go from there but honestly I think when that scale hits 200 I am done!
Hope your appointment went fabulous! Great experience with the BF's family! It is pretty amazing that anyone would opt for surgery without exhausting all healthful options. I hope she learns by your example and finds a healthy approach...that is the only thing that will help her long term.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #220  

Rainbowsmiles...I am so very proud of you! I miss you but am so very happy you are having a great holiday!

Newpath... just because.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #221  

Good morning everyone! Have a great 100% OP day!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #222  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I'm back from my girl's week away and we had way too much fun. Unfortunately the scale reflected that, but thankfully I lost 3 of those pounds overnight. I knew a lot of the gain would be water, and sure enough. I also am doing the colon prep today for my colonoscopy tomorrow morning. That should help the scale go down even more. So once I finish the test tomorrow morning it will be back to phase 1 till my next vacation in two weeks. As much as I'm enjoying all these little trips, I will also be happy to put them behind me and just get back to phase 1 till I reach goal.

Hope everyone had a great week while I was away.
You will bounce right back, you have had some awesome losses. I too enjoy little trips, but they do distract from the solid focus needed to be successful.
When I had a colonoscopy a few years ago, they told me- looks great- see you in a few years. I said thanks, but no I will not ever be back. Who knows- maybe I will, but see if you agree with the sentiment.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:59 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 160.2/138/140

Height: 5'6"

I just finished my first week and had my weigh in last night.... I lost 9.2lbs!! This diet is amazing and I feel like a million bucks!!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #224  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Sewing Momma!!!!!! A Big Hooray For Making It Into The Century Club!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #225  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Thanks for popping in Rainbow!!!! Awesome kick butt WI!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!!
mompattie MISS YOU KIDDO!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I am going to see the plastic surgeron at 3 today so we will go from there.

We are losing our FAT where as she is just losing weight.
how did your meeting go??? that is such a GOOD POINT to remember...we are losing FAT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I am militant with myself to write down everything in my journal! I also post up daily in the 'What Are You Eating Today' thread, it helps me plan the day and I do go back and edit it if things changed. I then transcribe it to my 'official' coaches journal before my WI. I keep all of my journals too - I write down my activity, vitamins (I have a 7-day/week, 4 compartment/day pill box, so I know if I missed any), how I felt, any 'differences' (TOM, vacation, etc). I also redline my journal before WI with my notes & improvement areas - my coach loves that!

Thanks for checking in Rainbow! I was envious of your awesome travel bag all this long weekend at the beach!!!.
i agree with you liz...keeping my journal helps me stay focused...and helps me track my trends in eating....thus adverting binges!! i have been blessed that i have not had 1 single binge in this 12 weeks....which is totally different from any other diet program i have tried over the years. i bet your coach wishes EVERYONE was as organized and "in tune" as you are!!! YOU WOULD BE AN EXCELLENT COACH!!!!

my IP survival travel bag was great to have...everything at the ready, and easy to just carry inside the restaurants too....but i tell you what...having my meals planned ahead of time, for all the places we were eating, was my lifesaver!!! having it already typed out on little strips of paper meant i didn't even have to LOOK at the menu and be tempted!! the waitresses all loved the idea too, as they just took the paper right to the chef!!! and i have so say, so far every restaurant has been spot on with preparation!!! this is my last day away....and then i will be back to my wonderful routine at home!!! yeah!! and my own bed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Good morning, 100%ers!
BTW, The Protein Store is really great. Daisy ships stuff immediately.

Awesome loss, Rainbow! Yay for holidays!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
i totally agree joy....daisy rocks!!!!!!!! i love being able to order from her!! hope you have a wonderful day too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Good day-
I think I have finally recouped from my river trip. Joysh I would love to tell you all about my trip, it was so much fun! I will try to post a couple pictures too! The Salmon river is the longest undamned river in the lower 48. And from Salmon (the town) we have access to the middle fork of the Salmon and then the Main Salmon. The Middlefork runs into the Main. The Middlefork has more rapids and is a more technical river than the Main. This year we did the Middlefork and it was very challenging. The Middlefork Runs through the Wilderness area in Idaho which is an area that prohibits motorized anything. The only way to access this area is on foot, on horseback or by non motorized boats. Rafters camp along the river for usually 5 nights as they travel down the river. You can google some of the more popular rapids and get a taste of the adventure on YouTube. Google pistol creek rapid or velvet falls. However, while we are camping the whole time we are not roughing it. We can carry a lot of supplies in our boats so we have amenities like air mattresses, and great foods we cook in Dutch ovens. We eat well and relax. There are many hot springs along the way and the scenery is amazing!Have. A great 100% op day!
omgoodness...that sounds like so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would love to do that one day!!!! i would also love to 'FIT" in a kayak!!!!!! one day....that is on my after IP bucket list!!!

Quote:

yep....it has paid being organized with my meal planning!!! made all the choices so easy and no temptation!!! 8 more pounds to go!!!!! wow....that must be so exciting!!!! keep doing what you are doing!!!

Quote:
I'm back from my girl's week away and we had way too much fun.
welcome back!!! hope you had a grand time in all your southern jaunts!!! did you make it to poogans porch??? where else did you enjoy??? I will be back home in the wee hours tomorrow!! yeah....holidays are fun....but its always nice to be home again!! there really is NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow Wheeler View Post
I would imagine each person is different but yes PAIN is part of my symptoms. I get severe pain in my hips and wrists...spikey sharp paint in the bones that won't go away. I also get severe constipation and my skin starts acting like I am a teenager. I avoid gluten because the pain is so bad that it just isn't worth it. 1 week of accidental exposure took 2 weeks to get over. 1 meal of accidental exposure days a full day of pain but a couple days of constipation which brings its own kind of pain.
how is your foot??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow Wheeler View Post
Rainbowsmiles...I am so very proud of you! I miss you but am so very happy you are having a great holiday!.
missing YOU gorgeous skinny lady!!!! having a great time!!!! be home tomorrow!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymoo19 View Post
I just finished my first week and had my weigh in last night.... I lost 9.2lbs!! This diet is amazing and I feel like a million bucks!!
missymoo!!!! way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread