Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #166  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMS65 View Post
Hmmm... I feel I may need to switch clinics. I see a local MD now and am happy with my results but I never get checked for lean muscle gain/ loss etc...Just wt and measure every other week. I am starting to feel it would be better for me to keep track of my lean muscle mass. I am post menopause and know muscle loss has been an issue for me. Any thoughts?
It has been really helpful for me to have body fat/lean muscle measured every week. That way if I begin to lose too much lean muscle (you will lose some on this plan) they will help me tweak the program. I really appreciate the extra measurements because now I know that just using the scale to determine weight loss isn't all there is to it. You don't want to lose muscle even if it makes the scale's numbers look pretty.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #167  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Hello to everyone, I am back from the river trip and boy was it fun! Managed to stay 100% despite desperately wanting a glass of wine after swimming through a huge rapid!
Sounds like there have been some good losses and even better attitudes!
Glad to hear you had a great trip and didn't wind up in the river again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Do what you feel is right, and if they usually have your back....well...most of my comments are envy as there is no way at my weight I look sick. I wish some of them were more gentle and kind.!
Of course they are envious! Sexy Miss Thang...eat your heart out haters!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
I had a wonderful lunch at a sushi restaurant with my daughter. We used to do this regularly, but I've really been afraid to do it on IP. I decided that I have to learn how to do this, so I had a regular salad (no dressing) and the most wonderful sashimi! The waitress even knew that each little order (two small pieces) was .7 of an ounce. This was lunch and I had 6 orders (about 4.2 oz) and had the rest of my protein at dinnertime.
!
I love sushi (sashimi)! I usually have the exact meal: miso soup, dry salad with lemon, and sashimi. I did make the mistake of ordering seaweed salad once, was WAY overdressed in sesame oil & sugar. So happy you got the time with your daughter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbecause53 View Post
It has been really helpful for me to have body fat/lean muscle measured every week. That way if I begin to lose too much lean muscle (you will lose some on this plan) they will help me tweak the program. I really appreciate the extra measurements because now I know that just using the scale to determine weight loss isn't all there is to it. You don't want to lose muscle even if it makes the scale's numbers look pretty.
I agree about the body composition, I find that to be more important and informative than the scale. One week I "only" lost 2lb, had actually been nursing a 2-3lb gain all week, turns out I had gained 4lb of muscle and lost 6lb of fat that week, and seriously my clothes were immediately falling off. I get it measured every week at my clinic.

Last edited by LizRR; 07-21-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #168  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbecause53 View Post
What instrument do they use to measure your body fat/lean muscle?
Old 07-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #169  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
What instrument do they use to measure your body fat/lean muscle?
My clinic uses the B3 Body Composition Analyzer which uses bio-impedance technology, a state-of-the art, very accurate method of determining body mass. The device sends a mild electrical current through your body, measuring both the strength and speed of the return current. From these readings, the software calculates your body mass. Because certain body tissues conduct electricity better than others, the device can measure the current leaving your body and estimate your body composition, based on very sophisticated algorithms developed over years of clinical testing. The device is safe, but you should not use it if you are pregnant or have an implanted electrical medical device such as a pacemaker.

It doesn't hurt...You also have access to the software at home so you can view your progress over time periods, from the most recent results to time over months or the year.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #170  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2hi View Post
Great video this week, I spend the entire nap time for my toddlers yesterday watching your videos...amazing, you are truly an inspiration on so many levels.
Well thank you, I am glad that I could help out
Old 07-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Wuv you are getting so close to your goal!!! That has to feel liberating, exciting and so surreal. Do you anticipate staying with 200 as your goal or are you going to modify it to something lower when you get there? The reason I ask is that my husband set a goal and has since changed his goal because he didn't know what a healthy weight was for himself. He said he didn't own a scale when he was at the weight he felt the best at so he had no idea what that weight was. It is interesting to me to hear how people choose their "end goal". I chose mine after a conversation with my doctor...she said my healthy weight would be between 135 and 140. I am targeting 135 knowing that we have fluctuations so I will most likely be in that range as a norm. I however and saying that if my weight gets to 145 I am putting myself back on Phase I.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #172  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow Wheeler View Post
Wuv you are getting so close to your goal!!! That has to feel liberating, exciting and so surreal. Do you anticipate staying with 200 as your goal or are you going to modify it to something lower when you get there? The reason I ask is that my husband set a goal and has since changed his goal because he didn't know what a healthy weight was for himself. He said he didn't own a scale when he was at the weight he felt the best at so he had no idea what that weight was. It is interesting to me to hear how people choose their "end goal". I chose mine after a conversation with my doctor...she said my healthy weight would be between 135 and 140. I am targeting 135 knowing that we have fluctuations so I will most likely be in that range as a norm. I however and saying that if my weight gets to 145 I am putting myself back on Phase I.
I set mine at 150 because losing more than 110 pounds seemed impossible. At this point, I'm going to decide if I want to lose more when I get to 150. That being said, I'm leaning toward revising my goal to 140. I'm just not positive yet.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:26 PM   #173  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everybody!

Just wanted to check in and say hi. Today we celebrated my (ex) mol's 92nd birthday! My daughter and the baby twin girls and few other friends came and we took her out for a nice lunch. Once again I had to figure it all out.

I ordered the seared tuna (oh, so yummy!) with a romain lettuce salad. I noticed they had cooked cabbage as a vegetable, so I asked for some raw cabbage in my salad and also a side of steamed cauliflower! Such a wonderful meal! I hardly (well, sort of hardly) noticed the yummy appetizers they ordered, or some of my other favorite foods. Instead, I enjoyed what I ordered and enjoyed watching the babies!

Tomorrow we're going to the beach in Galveston. We'll see how that one gets handled.

Even though it's hard, I am NOT going to let this diet prevent me from doing all of the things I love to do. I know that each day my body is getting thinner and stronger and all of these things will become easier and easier.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Last edited by joysh; 07-21-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Good morning IPEERs,

Happy and joyous Sunday to you all! I have been crazy busy with a State baseball tournament and have missed keeping up with all of you skinny sisters...and brothers!!!! It is incredibly fun to just skim through though and see MAJOR transformations taking place...just amazing!!!

I have a concern that I am hoping some of you can shed some light on. Last week I had a zero loss. My body literally was up two pounds the day of my weigh in, and went down two pounds (which would have been a two pound loss for me) the very next day. So, I was okay with that. Since then, yes, I am checking the scale every other day, and my body is fluctuating like crazy...up two, down three, up four, down.....you get the picture. My boobs keep swelling and unswelling...and, it is not my TOM. What is going on?
I am a ketostix addict and my ketones are still registering.
The only changes that I have made in the last three weeks is the addition of turkey burgers to my diet...probably eating them 4 or 5 times a week as a mac. salad. I have been eating pickles...but i take diuretics for a medical condition which should take care of that.
I am feeling like I need boot camp to reboot my body. I have lost 43 lbs in 13 weeks, which is great, I feel fabulous, but two weeks is a long time...it concerns me, what is going on? Opinions, suggestions, rants, raves....all accepted!
Thanks friends!

... physically... I have been spending A LOT of time baking in sun and working at the tournament...I have taken extra protein as a precaution....
Old 07-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #175  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Hello All-
Happy Sunday to you! Just wanted to check in, still in Phase 4, but will be going back to P1 on Tuesday since may plans for San Diego got nixed. I really look forward to P1 again. It has been nice to get a preview of maintenance and the pitfalls it may bring. I gained 2 initial pounds as expected and then have maintained. It is definantly going to take structure for maintenance...but yes I am ready to start losing again ALOT!

Trying to catch up on the posts...looks like all are doing well and looking GOOD.

Keep Losing.....
Old 07-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #176  

Glad to have you back!!!! Happy to hear that your vaca was awesome!! I'm looking forward to some holidays in Aug!
Old 07-22-2012, 12:27 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Good morning IPEERs,

Happy and joyous Sunday to you all! I have been crazy busy with a State baseball tournament and have missed keeping up with all of you skinny sisters...and brothers!!!! It is incredibly fun to just skim through though and see MAJOR transformations taking place...just amazing!!!

I have a concern that I am hoping some of you can shed some light on. Last week I had a zero loss. My body literally was up two pounds the day of my weigh in, and went down two pounds (which would have been a two pound loss for me) the very next day. So, I was okay with that. Since then, yes, I am checking the scale every other day, and my body is fluctuating like crazy...up two, down three, up four, down.....you get the picture. My boobs keep swelling and unswelling...and, it is not my TOM. What is going on?
I am a ketostix addict and my ketones are still registering.
The only changes that I have made in the last three weeks is the addition of turkey burgers to my diet...probably eating them 4 or 5 times a week as a mac. salad. I have been eating pickles...but i take diuretics for a medical condition which should take care of that.
I am feeling like I need boot camp to reboot my body. I have lost 43 lbs in 13 weeks, which is great, I feel fabulous, but two weeks is a long time...it concerns me, what is going on? Opinions, suggestions, rants, raves....all accepted!
Thanks friends!

... physically... I have been spending A LOT of time baking in sun and working at the tournament...I have taken extra protein as a precaution....
Is there sodium in the turkey burgers?
I had a long stall while on phase 1.

Then I realized I only lost when I ate out.
So I put my regular food into myfitnesspal and was surprised that I was getting almost no fat.

Then I realized I was eating the same thing all the time which was extra lean ground meat made into big mac in a bowl and taco salad. My main meal protein was always chicken breast or white fish. But what I had forgotten was that my ground meal choices were actually also chicken breast. For years I had taken ground turkey and mixed it with a bit of extra lean ground beef and froze it in individulal servings. The chicken breast takes on a beef flavor with the bit of ground beef.
I also was using the wf individual packets for salad dressing because they are so convenient. So I wasn't getting the olive oil either as I only used a bit for cooking.

So I measured out the olive oil and started having more lean beef and pork tenderloin and my loses picked up steadily again.
Our bodies need some fat to lose fat. IP is very low fat to start with and it is easy to go below even what is recommended in the program.

I keep reposting this as coaches never seem to pick up the fat content when people stall. They all seem to be about cutting back on the already low carbs allowed.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 07-22-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #178  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Newpath!!!, no words of wisdom other than have you checked your body composition? The two weeks where i was nursing 2-3lb gains (eventually whooshed away and then some), i actually increased my lean mass...and i will ALWAYS welcome that over a scale loss!

Heading back from the beach, ~6 hour drive back to Plano, got my spinach smoothie, crispy cereal pancakes, zucchini apples, and back up celery & pudding for hunger
emergencies.

I had a great long weekend, although i got hit with a HUGE snack attack yesterday! I think TOM is coming a little early btw, so i made a huge dish of coleslaw with my cabbage, white vinegar, stevia, mustard, limes, and some pepper & evoo...and ate a lot of it! So, definitely went over my veggies yesterday, but it kept my fingers out of the PB jar, so i will take it! I had 4 IPs a day over vacation (1 of which was restricted), and am feeling very bloaty so not thinking i am going to have stellar vacation loss...but i made great choices, kept up with my IP, and besides my coleslaw chowdown did pretty well! Its a lot easier when you have a full kitchen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I set mine at 150 because losing m[/B]ore than 110 pounds seemed impossible. At this point, I'm going to decide if I want to lose more when I get to 150. That being said, I'm leaning toward revising my goal to 140. I'm just not positive yet.
I totally hear you as far as lowering goal weight. When i started i didnt believe i would ever get below 185/size 12...seemed like such a pipe dream to someone who has been overweight their whole life, now the 'dream weight' is something so attainable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
Hello All-
Happy Sunday to you! Just wanted to check in, still in Phase 4, but will be going back to P1 on Tuesday since may plans for San Diego got nixed. I really look forward to P1 again. It has been nice to get a preview of maintenance and the pitfalls it may bring. I gained 2 initial pounds as expected and then have maintained. It is definantly going to take structure for maintenance...but yes I am ready to start losing again ALOT!

Trying to catch up on the posts...looks like all are doing well and looking GOOD.

Keep Losing.....
We missed you and Salmon! Glad to hear no one ended up in the river this year!
Old 07-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Well we did float once or twice but the trip was amazing! What's an adventure vacation without a thrill or two?!?!
On a different adventure I have found myself floating into the 170's! Wow it is a little surreal because I haven't been this thin in years. I am still loosing at a pretty consistent manner about 10 to 12 pounds a month and suddenly eighty pounds have disappeared. Pretty cool. Slow and steady get the job done too.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 07-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #180  

HOLY CRAP Salmongirl!!! 80 pounds is incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!! I'm so proud of you and thanks for the inspiration!!! I can't wait until my numbers are like yours!!! Congrats girl and welcome home!
Closed Thread