Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #136  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

NewPath Welcome back. Happy to hear life has calmed down a bit. Love your NSV this week!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #137  
Started IP June 10, 2012

S/C/G: 236/196/135

Height: 5'1"

Hello Chickies!!
I feel like I've missed so much and I only havent posted in like a day!! You are all so amazing, congrats on all the losses and NSV's!

Wuv... I wish you could be my coach!! so jealous of your clients!

SOoooo I have a question that I haven't been able to get a straight answer out of at my clinic... How much exercise is enough, and how much is too much?

I work as a nurse and Im on my feet 10 hours a day... Ive never worn a pedometer but I bet it would be scary... So apparently my work isn't enough (although the never come out and just say it) but I also come home every night and walk my dog three square city blocks.... (approx 20 min?) Can anyone just give me a cut and dry answer? I'd appreciate it!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #138  

kerrybaby - what are you eating in a day and how are your losses? I'm a nurse too...depends on the day, if I'm walking alot and exercising I add another non restricted! It sped up my losses when I did that!
Old 07-19-2012, 10:30 PM   #139  
Started IP June 10, 2012

mompattie... so i basically eat the same thing everyday!

i have a shake for breakfast, 1 whole cucumber for lunch, a bar for a 4pm snack, 8oz lean proteins and a cucumber or asparagus for dinner, and a shake for dessert. I tend to get the hungry horrors once im home so i cluster a lot of stuff for the evenings.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #140  

kerrybaby - are you getting in 4 cups of veggies from the select list?
Old 07-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

Height: 5'11"

Wink

TGIF 100%ers

WI last night down another 3.2# looks like I might make the century club by August but its going to be close. That puts me at my original goal 100%IP all the way to the end. All of you are such a big part of me making it this far Thanks
Old 07-20-2012, 08:26 AM   #142  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow Wheeler View Post
justbecause53 - Awesome job on reaching your mini goal and arriving in style at 41 lbs lost! I know you can make the 50 lbs lost by your birthday in August. I am hoping to achieve something similar. I will probably hit my 40 lbs lost next week. I am hoping to get to 50 lbs lost by my birthday in August too.

Shathorn - I am so sorry to hear you are losing your coach that obviously became a good friend. I know you are going to continue to rock IP no matter who you have.

NewPath - I LOVED reading about your NSVs! They were delightful! I have always been a stress "non-eater" which is part of why I got to where I was. I believe in us...we will find a way to keep the food balance through all things that life throws at us!

My week 15 WI results...38.4 lbs lost and 32.2 lbs to go. Today's WI was a 1.8 lb and 1" loss. Slightly lost muscle mass and dropped body fat by about a half a percentage. All in all I am very pleased with this week's result. I discussed the Quest gluten free bars (I posted the link in the thread a week or so ago) with my coach today and she said it was fine to have them but if I slowed at losing I may have to eliminate them. I wish that IP would introduce some gluten free bars to give us more options. There are literally two restricteds that I can chose from.
Thanks, I am going to make the best of the situation, who knows this new girl might turn out to be great also. Congrats on your WI.

Last edited by shathom; 07-20-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #143  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning all, well it is Friday and a rainy one for me here in Florida. I love rainy days when I can stay home under a blanket on the couch with a hot cup of coffee (or a cold glass of water, he he). NSV: It is casual day at work and I'm wearing jeans that were my step downs that used to be tight, now I'm pulling them up all the time! Don't want to go shopping just yet though but if I have to there is a CATO where I can get some inexpensive jeans to wear during my transformation.

Have a great 100% OP day everyone.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #144  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all, well it is Friday and a rainy one for me here in Florida. I love rainy days when I can stay home under a blanket on the couch with a hot cup of coffee (or a cold glass of water, he he). NSV: It is casual day at work and I'm wearing jeans that were my step downs that used to be tight, now I'm pulling them up all the time! Don't want to go shopping just yet though but if I have to there is a CATO where I can get some inexpensive jeans to wear during my transformation.

I hope you have a wonderful Friday and manage not to lose your pants I always look for the cheapest jeans, shorts, etc., that I can find. I like to go to TJ Maxx and comb through every clearance rack.

Have a fantastic Friday (despite the rain).
Old 07-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #145  
Started IP June 10, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
kerrybaby - are you getting in 4 cups of veggies from the select list?
Yes definitely... A Large whole cucumber is 2 cups... And about 17stalks of asparagus is equal to the same... I try to stick to what I like so that don't waste.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #146  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post

A rainy day in CT too. I love your loose jeans NSV! Nothing like sliding into a favorite pair of jeans instead of struggling to get them over your hips and then having to lie down to zip them up,lol! Have a wonderful day!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #147  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Good morning, everyone!

Newpath, glad to see you!

Congrats on losses to all!

I'm still at daughter's with babies. Last night I made a shrimp stir-fry with rice for babies and daughter and cauliflower rice for me. I almost took a bite of the regular rice - out of the old "taste it all while cooking and serving" habit. I caught myself and stopped. But then I had a dream that I really did it and sipped out of ketosis. I was really upset. Woke up and was happy it was a dream.

I realized I'll be here a little longer and ordered some food from the Protein Store.

Nothing much new, except I'm having fun with the babies. Also getting exercise getting up and down from the floor all the time, which is a lot easier. Also picking them up (sometimes two a time) is giving me some arm exercise! haha

Have a great 100% day, everyone!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #148  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning, overcast day here AGAIN!...grrrrrr..I want the sunshine back! Makes for a LONG day when its gloomy out. BF is in Columbus GA right now so he should be home later tonight...FINALLY! They wanted him to go to Larado TX before coming home and he asked them if they were crazy....lol....he said I have been gone for 4 weeks that is long enough!....haha
Old 07-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #149  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrybaby View Post
Yes definitely... A Large whole cucumber is 2 cups... And about 17stalks of asparagus is equal to the same... I try to stick to what I like so that don't waste.
Awesome!! I would say all your walking at work would amount to a other non restricted if you aren't losing consistently. If your loss stalls try adding another packet to your day to see if that helps. I know 12 hrs of running around a ward can really add up! On non work days, chose a low intensity exercise like cycling or walking or yoga. Don't want to burn muscle so make sure you can talk while exercising. You're doing awesome!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #150  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Awesome!! I would say all your walking at work would amount to a other non restricted if you aren't losing consistently. If your loss stalls try adding another packet to your day to see if that helps. I know 12 hrs of running around a ward can really add up! On non work days, chose a low intensity exercise like cycling or walking or yoga. Don't want to burn muscle so make sure you can talk while exercising. You're doing awesome!!!
The peach mango drink mix is a good choice if you're going to add an extra packet. It only has one carb and has 20 g of protein. I'm adding an extra one of these a couple of times a week because I was losing lean muscle. I'm very active, and my coach suggested this.

Wuv, I hope your BF makes it home soon.
Closed Thread