Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Vacation is over:-( Now, back to Phase 1 and workforce reality! I was not 100% while on vacation, but the scale only showed a two pound gain. We had such a great time in Santa Fe, NM and the Farmer's Market, Sedona, AZ where my MIL turned 80 and we went on a hot air balloon ride over the red rocks, and in Durango, CO where we went river rafting. I also, got a few hikes in along he way. Please all say a prayer for me that I get back to 100% and continue on this amazing weight loss journey.
Tripmama-I agree that Phase 4 is scaring me. Self-control is obviously not a strong trait of mine or I wouldn't have needed to lose over a 100 lbs.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Is there sodium in the turkey burgers?
I had a long stall while on phase 1.

Then I realized I only lost when I ate out.
So I put my regular food into myfitnesspal and was surprised that I was getting almost no fat.

Then I realized I was eating the same thing all the time which was extra lean ground meat made into big mac in a bowl and taco salad. My main meal protein was always chicken breast or white fish. But what I had forgotten was that my ground meal choices were actually also chicken breast. For years I had taken ground turkey and mixed it with a bit of extra lean ground beef and froze it in individulal servings. The chicken breast takes on a beef flavor with the bit of ground beef.
I also was using the wf individual packets for salad dressing because they are so convenient. So I wasn't getting the olive oil either as I only used a bit for cooking.

So I measured out the olive oil and started having more lean beef and pork tenderloin and my loses picked up steadily again.
Our bodies need some fat to lose fat. IP is very low fat to start with and it is easy to go below even what is recommended in the program.

I keep reposting this as coaches never seem to pick up the fat content when people stall. They all seem to be about cutting back on the already low carbs allowed.

Pat
Pat, Oh, dear. I am afraid I am making many of the mistakes that you did : (
I now only eat shrimp or turkey burgers...I thought that the turkey burgers were considered beef-like. I have also been using WF exclusively....totally missed oil most of the time this week...though, my turkey burgers have fat...I just assumed that that counted towards some. .....and, I have packets still in tact..that should not be : ( I have had some late mornings where I slept in....In looking back those ended up being 2 packet days. I had my omelet with veges, a shake later in the day, and my dinner.
I hope that I have not messed up completely...... I have two days until WI.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #183  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Newpath!!!, no words of wisdom other than have you checked your body composition? The two weeks where i was nursing 2-3lb gains (eventually whooshed away and then some), i actually increased my lean mass...and i will ALWAYS welcome that over a scale loss!

Heading back from the beach, ~6 hour drive back to Plano, got my spinach smoothie, crispy cereal pancakes, zucchini apples, and back up celery & pudding for hunger
emergencies.

I had a great long weekend, although i got hit with a HUGE snack attack yesterday! I think TOM is coming a little early btw, so i made a huge dish of coleslaw with my cabbage, white vinegar, stevia, mustard, limes, and some pepper & evoo...and ate a lot of it! So, definitely went over my veggies yesterday, but it kept my fingers out of the PB jar, so i will take it! I had 4 IPs a day over vacation (1 of which was restricted), and am feeling very bloaty so not thinking i am going to have stellar vacation loss...but i made great choices, kept up with my IP, and besides my coleslaw chowdown did pretty well! Its a lot easier when you have a full kitchen!

I totally hear you as far as lowering goal weight. When i started i didnt believe i would ever get below 185/size 12...seemed like such a pipe dream to someone who has been overweight their whole life, now the 'dream weight' is something so attainable!

We missed you and Salmon! Glad to hear no one ended up in the river this year!

Lizz...
First of all, you look AMAZING!!! You look like you FEEL amazing....awesome! My muscle mass was up slightly last week, and I had a significant loss in fat last week, no lbs gone though.
Pat mentioned some mistakes that she has made in the past and, unfortunately, I have been making many. RATS!!! I am a bit discouraged, it is my own fault, but such a waste of time!!
Old 07-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #184  

Okay, I need to know which food journaling apps you all use. It looks like I need to keep better track of what I am eating! Thanks skinny minny peeps!!
Old 07-22-2012, 07:49 PM   #185  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Pat, Oh, dear. I am afraid I am making many of the mistakes that you did : (
I now only eat shrimp or turkey burgers...I thought that the turkey burgers were considered beef-like. I have also been using WF exclusively....totally missed oil most of the time this week...though, my turkey burgers have fat...I just assumed that that counted towards some. .....and, I have packets still in tact..that should not be : ( I have had some late mornings where I slept in....In looking back those ended up being 2 packet days. I had my omelet with veges, a shake later in the day, and my dinner.
I hope that I have not messed up completely...... I have two days until WI.
Quote:
Okay, I need to know which food journaling apps you all use. It looks like I need to keep better track of what I am eating! Thanks skinny minny peeps!!
You really need your oil & if you eat it, have some beef every now and then. I have it two or three times a week. You should measure out your oil and sprinkle it over you salad or other food. My clinic says this oil is in addition to whatever you use to cook your food.

I use my fitness pal to track my food in addition to writing my food down in my ip journal. My Fitness Pal has all the ip foods in it.

Last edited by SewingMomma; 07-22-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #186  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
You really need your oil & if you eat it, have some beef every now and then. I have it two or three times a week. You should measure out your oil and sprinkle it over you salad or other food. My clinic says this oil is in addition to whatever you use to cook your food.

I use my fitness pal to track my food in addition to writing my food down in my ip journal. My Fitness Pal has all the ip foods in it.
I just bought myself a "manual" food tracker at Barnes and Noble. It is very similar to the IP journal but has a nice solid spiral binding. I will carry this with me and then add it to My Fitness Pal at the end of the day. THANKS!
Old 07-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #187  
Started IP 11/28/2011

Quote:
I just bought myself a "manual" food tracker at Barnes and Noble. It is very similar to the IP journal but has a nice solid spiral binding. I will carry this with me and then add it to My Fitness Pal at the end of the day. THANKS!
Writing everything that I eat really keeps me in line! I plan on continuing to keep a food journal after I phase off.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:57 PM   #188  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Tripmama and Salmongirl, I'd love to hear a little about your river trip. You can PM me if you don't want to write about it here.... Also, congrats, to you both on your amazing losses!

NewPath, stick it out. We all have made mistakes. You've lost over 40 pounds! That's fantastic! So now you'll add more evoo and a little more fatty meat. This does not detract from your wonderful success! Be thankful you now have this added information and move forward!

As for me, I had a beach day today! Went to Galveston with my daughter and the babies! It was great! I have some friends that have a place there, and when we were at their house I weighed myself. I'll be missing my WI tomorrow, and was really curious. According to that scale I lost another 3 pounds! So excited to be past the 20 pound mark! I'll WI on Wed or Thursday when I get home.

Have a great sleep and a great 100% day tomorrow!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:06 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post

That is exactly what I did to. Your loss will pick up quickly New Path. I had to smile later to realize I thought for months I was eating ground chicken breast and thinking I was eating beef. I had always chuckled how hubby ate it and didn't realize it was chicken. Then I was fooling myself.
Like SM I used the oil I put on my salad was in addition to what I used in cooking.
Pat
Old 07-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #190  
Started IP 11/28/2011

Quote:
That is exactly what I did to. Your loss will pick up quickly New Path. I had to smile later to realize I thought for months I was eating ground chicken breast and thinking I was eating beef. I had always chuckled how hubby ate it and didn't realize it was chicken. Then I was fooling myself.
Like SM I used the oil I put on my salad was in addition to what I used in cooking.
Pat
Before IP, I wasn't much of a beef eater. I only ate ground beef, but since starting the program, I crave steak. My husband laughs at me because I always refused to cook steak, and now, I make it a couple of times a week. LOL!

I hope that everyone has a happy Monday. WI day for me.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #191  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

haven't had a chance to catch up on posts!!! not much online time while on holiday!! but i am thinking of everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! posted this in the daily chat...but just wanted to share here and say that staying 100% OP FEELS AMAZING!!!

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!!!

just a quick pop in...loving my holiday away!! losing weight on holiday IS possible if you plan ahead!!!

WI 12 lost 4.8!!!!

yep thats ME....doing the IP DANCE!!

that brings my total lost to 70!!!
woohoo!! i love IP....it works for holiday!!
my IP survival travel bag is super handy and i feel so proud for making it and for making a plan ahead of time!! can't wait to get back home and get back to making some more recipes!!!

everyone have a BEAUTIFUL IP DAY!!!

Old 07-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #192  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good Morning all, I have not had time to look at the weekend entries, so I will just say have a great Monday and stay 100% OP.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #193  

Thanks for popping in Rainbow!!!! Awesome kick butt WI!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #194  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Pat
Hi Pat! For cooking, do you use a spray can to coat your pan? I use 1 tsp two times per day when cooking and I was counting this as my oil. Now I'm thinking that I'm not getting my oil in. Maybe I should spray my pan and not even count this and then put the oil right onto my food to ensure I'm getting the oil. What do you think?
Jess
Old 07-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all, well it is Friday and a rainy one for me here in Florida. I love rainy days when I can stay home under a blanket on the couch with a hot cup of coffee (or a cold glass of water, he he). NSV: It is casual day at work and I'm wearing jeans that were my step downs that used to be tight, now I'm pulling them up all the time! Don't want to go shopping just yet though but if I have to there is a CATO where I can get some inexpensive jeans to wear during my transformation.

Have a great 100% OP day everyone.
Shathom- I just love CATO! Some great stuff on clearance, often! I have been going to the thrift store about once a months- getting things that fit, and things somewhat tight. Low and behold, after a few weeks- the tight stuff fits perfectly. Love this diet!
Closed Thread