Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
Hi Pat! For cooking, do you use a spray can to coat your pan? I use 1 tsp two times per day when cooking and I was counting this as my oil. Now I'm thinking that I'm not getting my oil in. Maybe I should spray my pan and not even count this and then put the oil right onto my food to ensure I'm getting the oil. What do you think?
Jess
Yes I spray the pan with Pam and measure out my olive oil and put it on my salad. I don't count the Pam.

Earlier just when I realized I had gone down to no fat someone posted that their coach had told them not to use their oil allotment to cook as you don't get all of it in that way. The coach said it was best to put it on a salad as the leafy greens catch all of the oil.

This of course caused huge debate on the thread with many people disagreeing but it made sense to me. When I followed that advice it made a difference in my losses.

I'm on maintenance now and just had an other insight that should have been evident.

I have gained 4 pounds with my socializing and enjoying summer. I need to get right to work on losing that. Someone posted in the maintenance thread that it is all about keeping right on top of a small gain before it becomes a big gain and that is the secret to a successful maintenance. That is so true which I had never learned with other diets.

In my choices while socializing I was very careful about picking the lowest carb options.

My DUH moment came when I realized it is just as important to look for the highest protein choices . Of course that is what IP is all about. I have really slacked off in getting the amount of protein in that I need.
Because it has been so hot I was not into cooking the meat I usually have at the evening meal and too lazy to deal with the BBQ. I realized it is not called Ideal PROTEIN for nothing.

So this week I am focusing on getting my high protein shakes in at two meals in a day and picking my snack with the highest protein. I am optimistic that I will get a good part of my recent summer gain.

Again I am learning that if the plan is not going right look at what you are not getting in rather than what you can cut out.

I am hanging around the boards way longer than most people do in phase 4. This is because I have lost weight many times but have never kept it off. So phase 4 continues to be a learning experience, I have to get that part right this time.

Pat
Old 07-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #197  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow Wheeler View Post
Wuv you are getting so close to your goal!!! That has to feel liberating, exciting and so surreal. Do you anticipate staying with 200 as your goal or are you going to modify it to something lower when you get there? The reason I ask is that my husband set a goal and has since changed his goal because he didn't know what a healthy weight was for himself. He said he didn't own a scale when he was at the weight he felt the best at so he had no idea what that weight was. It is interesting to me to hear how people choose their "end goal". I chose mine after a conversation with my doctor...she said my healthy weight would be between 135 and 140. I am targeting 135 knowing that we have fluctuations so I will most likely be in that range as a norm. I however and saying that if my weight gets to 145 I am putting myself back on Phase I.
My FIRST goal was to reach 250lbs once I hit that I changed it to 200lbs, I do believe I am sticking with that number because I know that I am really 170-180lbs with all of the loose skin I have. I am going to see the plastic surgeron at 3 today so we will go from there. I am in a size 18 pant right now and I am good with that. I guess I will see what the Dr says then go from there but honestly I think when that scale hits 200 I am done!

Havent' been around much this weekend the BF is in for only 4 days again so there is no time for the computer. This weekend we went to his family's in Belle Chase, was interesting to say the least AND I jumped on the scale this morning losing another pound! His daughter had a gastric bypass 2 yrs ago and has loss 160lbs, she is STILL a big girl but she eats horrible. I could see the difference in her and I when it comes to losing FAT. I am still toned pretty much, I mean I do have loose sking BUT its not flabby. She has flabby skin that just hangs, it was really weird for me to see. I guess that is the difference between losing weight healthy and losing weight unhealthy. We are losing our FAT where as she is just losing weight. I didn't say anything about my weight loss, he is the one that said did you tell them how much you have loss? I said no so he said tell them, when I did all of their mouths dropped in amazment. They said no way you could have loss that much, I just smiled and said yes I have loss 170lbs in 16 months, they wanted to know if I had surgery as well. I said NOPE, I am eating the IDEAL amount of protein that my body needs so that I loss my FAT and not muscle. They also wanted to know where my loose skin was....haha...I said body shaper's do amazing for that....lol....I was wearing my sundress looking fablous of course....hahah....couldn't see any flab.....lol...it was a good weekend overall but glad to be home and back on here.

Looks like everyone had a wonderful weekend so lets make it an even better week! Good luck on the WI's this week!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #198  
Adult Member

S/C/G: 196/184/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Okay, I need to know which food journaling apps you all use. It looks like I need to keep better track of what I am eating! Thanks skinny minny peeps!!
I never even thought about journal apps ... I was away for 4 days and did NOT do a good job of journaling ... an app would have been much better than pen and paper!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #199  
Adult Member

S/C/G: 196/184/160

Height: 5'3

SewingMomma, I just uploaded "My Fitness Program" ... it is awesome! I love the fact that it has IP foods already there ... starting this today; I always have my iphone with me, so it should make journaling much easier. It also will help me remember why I should NOT eat something friends try to push my way :O)
Old 07-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

hey Meadowwheeler, aren't you gluten intolerant? How does it feel to you when you've eaten gluten products.

I jumped (without thinking) into white wheat flour during fun day and boy did I pay for it. I posted in the maintainers thread...I won't put the gory details in here but if your interested it's there.

Just wondering if pain, like PAIN, like 7 days of coughing or one million crunchies sound familiar. And then at 2 this morning (woke up to pee lol) it was pain in my lower abdomen, almost like a blazing trail of pain...ugh.

I've had wheat since I started maintenance, I just felt sluggish (it was only two pieces of toast) so I use sprouted grain...this was a DIVE into wheat for a 'free day supper'.

Let me know? Or anyone else who is diagnosed with gluten intolerance...or just self diagnosed themselves based on symptoms...??
Old 07-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #201  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Howdy 100%ers! Well, vacation is over...boooo - but it is kind of nice to get back to the routine. As soon as we got home yesterday afternoon (barely missed joysh in Galveston!) I unpacked then ran out to the grocery and restocked up on meat and veggies! My folks were with us this weekend, drove back to SA to unload their stuff & switch cars, and are driving back up to Plano this afternoon to spend another week with us (i.e., my son). My brother & mom have 2 weeks of vacation (dad retired), and I have a lot of chores lined up while my top-notch babysitters are available (ie., closet cleaning, shopping, returns, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Writing everything that I eat really keeps me in line! I plan on continuing to keep a food journal after I phase off.
I am militant with myself to write down everything in my journal! I also post up daily in the 'What Are You Eating Today' thread, it helps me plan the day and I do go back and edit it if things changed. I then transcribe it to my 'official' coaches journal before my WI. I keep all of my journals too - I write down my activity, vitamins (I have a 7-day/week, 4 compartment/day pill box, so I know if I missed any), how I felt, any 'differences' (TOM, vacation, etc). I also redline my journal before WI with my notes & improvement areas - my coach loves that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
As for me, I had a beach day today! Went to Galveston with my daughter and the babies! It was great! I have some friends that have a place there, and when we were at their house I weighed myself. I'll be missing my WI tomorrow, and was really curious. According to that scale I lost another 3 pounds! So excited to be past the 20 pound mark! I'll WI on Wed or Thursday when I get home.
We just missed each other at Galveston! Glad you had a great time - it was seriously 'magical' to see my little guy at the beach for the first time - these little people just make me melt! I am sure the babies loved having grandmother around, IP is amazing, I seriously think it makes us better caretakers as it was way easier to chase the little one up & down the sand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

haven't had a chance to catch up on posts!!! not much online time while on holiday!! but i am thinking of everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! posted this in the daily chat...but just wanted to share here and say that staying 100% OP FEELS AMAZING!!!

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!!!

just a quick pop in...loving my holiday away!! losing weight on holiday IS possible if you plan ahead!!!

WI 12 lost 4.8!!!!

yep thats ME....doing the IP DANCE!!

that brings my total lost to 70!!!
woohoo!! i love IP....it works for holiday!!
my IP survival travel bag is super handy and i feel so proud for making it and for making a plan ahead of time!! can't wait to get back home and get back to making some more recipes!!!

everyone have a BEAUTIFUL IP DAY!!!

Thanks for checking in Rainbow! I was envious of your awesome travel bag all this long weekend at the beach!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Shathom- I just love CATO! Some great stuff on clearance, often! I have been going to the thrift store about once a months- getting things that fit, and things somewhat tight. Low and behold, after a few weeks- the tight stuff fits perfectly. Love this diet!
I'm telling you - the hidden cost of IP is the wardrobe changes!!! I don't know how to dress myself anymore. I am hitting up a consignment store this weekend with my last load of size 12s, hoping I can get some good exchanges there. My mom is coming with me, so it should make a fun girls day out shopping.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Hi everyone - I"m back - I never really left - stayed on IP - and did pretty well. The stress of everything probably slowed my losses, but I had a loss each week. There were times I struggled to stay OP, and I few times I slipped. I was fighting the emotional eating issue.

We, as a family, are dealing with everything one day at a time. That is all one can do.

Today is the day I get 100% back on track, so thought I should post.

Congratulations to everyone who has had losses, and good luck to everyone who has WI's.

I've learned a lot over the past month. I want to share a few of them here. Once you love someone, you never really stop. Say the things you need to say before it's too late (listen to John Mayer's, "Say"), most everyone, no matter how flawed, is really probably trying to do their best, life is fragile, value each and every day, every life has value, and the biggie. I never stopped loving my girls Daddy, and we should have tried much, much harder.

Have an okay day everyone!
Old 07-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #203  
Start: 7/23/12

S/C/G: 223/216/165

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
A few weeks ago both my DH & I had our annual physicals. As I become more comfortable telling him what I actually weigh, I finally asked him what he weighed. He told me 208.4 and I said "I am going to catch you soon!" He chuckled and said that I would scream right by him.

Well, last week I was in a funk and asked him for a favor. He said sure thing.....my favor was to get him to eat all the ice cream we had in the house so he would weigh more than me. I told you I was in a funk. He laughed and said well I weigh 201 now - unbeknownst to me, DH has been riding my recumbent bike nearly every day since his physical. It will be even harder to catch a moving target.....although I could try hitting the moving target.

This morning as I was cleaning up the kitchen, he wandered in from the garage and reported that this morning he was at 199.8. I have to admit I said a bad word and told him to go back to the garage.

I shouldn't have told him to weigh only in the morning......but I have now told him that his weight is only official if he is holding a cat, preferably all 3, while he steps on the scale.
Oh this made me laugh! Men....without even trying they can just shed the pounds.......
Old 07-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #204  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, 100%ers!

I'm really enjoying these last few days with the babies! Then I'll go home for a few days, WI, buy food, and leave early next week for my last trip of the summer. Then back to school. But first a trip to NY. (city and upstate)

BTW, The Protein Store is really great. Daisy ships stuff immediately. I think I'll have some food sent to NY so I don't have to carry it all on the plane. Usmvet gave me that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
...right onto my food to ensure I'm getting the oil. What do you think?
Jess
Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
YThe coach said it was best to put it on a salad as the leafy greens catch all of the oil.
Pat
Pat and Jess, My coach also said to put the evoo on the salad. We can a little for cooking, but we also need some uncooked to be sure we're getting it. Some cooks out...

Wuv, congrats on your loss! You are always inspiring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
just a quick pop in...loving my holiday away!! losing weight on holiday IS possible if you plan ahead!!!
WI 12 lost 4.8!!!!
Awesome loss, Rainbow! Yay for holidays!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Patns said:

"Again I am learning that if the plan is not going right look at what you are not getting in rather than what you can cut out."

YES! This is it!!!! This is the common mistake...or at least mine!!!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #206  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Reposted from the Daily:
Not sure how many folks do 'Groupon' type deals, but I just got a $10 for $20 deal on Eversave for Lucky Vitamin (luckyvitamin.com), I plan on stocking up on Liquid Sweet Leaf - figured I'd cash in on the 50% savings while I can!
http://eversave.com/share/1bnR
Old 07-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Good day-
I think I have finally recouped from my river trip. Joysh I would love to tell you all about my trip, it was so much fun! I will try to post a couple pictures too! The Salmon river is the longest undamned river in the lower 48. And from Salmon (the town) we have access to the middle fork of the Salmon and then the Main Salmon. The Middlefork runs into the Main. The Middlefork has more rapids and is a more technical river than the Main. This year we did the Middlefork and it was very challenging. The Middlefork Runs through the Wilderness area in Idaho which is an area that prohibits motorized anything. The only way to access this area is on foot, on horseback or by non motorized boats. Rafters camp along the river for usually 5 nights as they travel down the river. You can google some of the more popular rapids and get a taste of the adventure on YouTube. Google pistol creek rapid or velvet falls. However, while we are camping the whole time we are not roughing it. We can carry a lot of supplies in our boats so we have amenities like air mattresses, and great foods we cook in Dutch ovens. We eat well and relax. There are many hot springs along the way and the scenery is amazing!

Okay enough about that...I hope everyone is still excited about this diet, I know I am. The river trip wouldn't have been possible last year because I was too overweight! I love that my life is filling with so many more possibilities as my weight declines! BTW, I am officially now overweight and no longer obese! Yippee!

Have. A great 100% op day!
Old 07-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #208  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Hola IP Family,
Just chugging along and checking in. Still loving IP! As it sounds like the rest of you do to, so glad Salmongirl and I decided to go to that meeting in January, even though we had tried and tried and tried before...it is so nice to find a weightloss and be sucessful. I love my body now and still have a hard time imagining 60 pounds lighter...size 8! Can't wait!

Love all you losers! Keep up the good, no great work!
Old 07-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #209  

Bumping from page 2!! Lots of new threads started!!

I made IP ice cream for lunch and didn't rinse the Baggie off enough. Got my daily salt intake. LOL! Have a great day everyone!!
Old 07-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #210  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
I just bought myself a "manual" food tracker at Barnes and Noble. It is very similar to the IP journal but has a nice solid spiral binding. I will carry this with me and then add it to My Fitness Pal at the end of the day. THANKS!
i love myfitness pal..it has helped me lose 75 pounds..
Closed Thread