Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #346  
Started IP June 10, 2012

S/C/G: 236/196/135

Height: 5'1"

good morning all from rainy Maine! Im SUPPOSED to be up here on vacation but the weather isnt cooperating... Also watching my skinny blonde little sister eat whatever wasnt part of what I had envisioned either but OH WELL... (she'll be off to college this fall and fate will throw her some freshman poundage!)

Anyways I just want to say that I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and easily stays 100%OP because I know that this weekend is gonna be a challenge for me!

Here's a quick recipe that Ive been relying on since starting IP... I mix WF ketchup, WF bacon ranch, and yellow mustard to make a DELICIOUS burger sauce. I usually make a salad with shredded lettuce onion tomato dill pickle and lean ground beef and VOILA burger salad... IM ADDICTED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacia1223 View Post
I just read some of your blog. YOU ARE HILARIOUS! I weigh myself every morning after I go to the bathroom too
Thanks Pacia!! stay tuned! its bound to get more interesting!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #347  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Hey everyone - it's FRIDAY! We finally had a cool morning - sat out on the porch in my swing and enjoyed it!

Going to work and then who knows? I'm feeling the need to up the fun quotient!

Keep up the good work everyone - good luck on those WI's and have a great day!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #348  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Man, this Actifry is the talk of the town! Longhorn has started a movement!

auroragrl. you have been through so much in such a short amount of time. Change is hard, these are big decisions to make. Take a deep breath, then take another one, we are all here for you!

Omg! The deals are Amazing! I was looking at my receipt, shirts for less than $2, jeans for $4.71, I got one cute top for $.47, another for $1.47. I should scan and share my receipt it's so unbelievable!

Wow! That is an awesome WI! You are having amazing losses! 100% is the way to go for success!
Sigh. I wish the shopping in Canada was as good!

Well it's a beautiful sunny morning in Saskatchewan!! I treated myself to a new haircut, chopped off 2 inches!! It's awesome and feels great!!! I also treated myself to a pedicure last night for reaching my first mini goal of 40 by 40!! I'm turning 40 in a couple of weeks! New hair, sexy toes....I feel awesome! The whoosh fairy visited me this week, as WI is down 5 lbs this week!! I love IP, love being 100%, and more than anything love sharing this journey with all of you!! Have a blessed day!

Pattie
Old 07-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #349  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

This has been a 100% On Plan journey for me - I had total faith in this protocol after reading everyones progress and posts, I knew there would be roadblocks & bumps because everyone else shared their updates and strategies. So when blips happened to me, it was easy to just shrug my shoulders and keep on going 100%, knowing I would beat the scale. So THANK YOU to EVERYONE for sharing their journey - knowing we are all going through this together, and sharing was tremendously helpful.
You have been another beautiful and inspirational example of where 100% OP can lead us. We have shared your successes and frustrations and you have provided us with the strength and hope that we too can achieve what you have along your journey. Thanks for all your recipe, exercise, and shopping suggestions. Your faith in the program and creativity in working it have paid off for you and helped us along our way as well.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #350  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Sigh. I wish the shopping in Canada was as good!

Well it's a beautiful sunny morning in Saskatchewan!! I treated myself to a new haircut, chopped off 2 inches!! It's awesome and feels great!!! I also treated myself to a pedicure last night for reaching my first mini goal of 40 by 40!! I'm turning 40 in a couple of weeks! New hair, sexy toes....I feel awesome! The whoosh fairy visited me this week, as WI is down 5 lbs this week!! I love IP, love being 100%, and more than anything love sharing this journey with all of you!! Have a blessed day!

Pattie
***ahem***(clearing throat) where are the pics???....lol.....We want to see!!!...Good morning everyone, I am in a great mood this morning. Yesterday after work I stopped by Wal-Mart to get a few items for the weekend and looked at a few sun dresses. I picked 2 of them up in a size.....WAIT FOR IT......XL (18/20) and THEY FIT!.....I have one on today and I feel amazing!....it is SOOOOOO weird to be able to go in the store and just pick up without trying on....I am LOVING THIS!....AND it was only $12.88!!!.....maybe it won't be so expensive to get a new wardrobe after all.....lol
Old 07-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #351  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Omg! The deals are Amazing! I was looking at my receipt, shirts for less than $2, jeans for $4.71, I got one cute top for $.47, another for $1.47. I should scan and share my receipt it's so unbelievable!
Sounds like my shopping trip to the Gap store a couple of weeks ago. I wanted some new t-shirts, and I found about 5 shirts that were all marked down to about 5.00 each, and then at the cash register they took off another 40%. All 5 shirts came to about 22.00 dollars which is what just one of them cost would have cost at full price. Gotta love those deals.

Quote:

Pattie
Good for you for taking good care of yourself, and congrats on such a good WI. I like to treat myself to a pedicure, especially during the summer. Of course here in Austin it's flip flop weather for about 8 to 10 months out of the year. Gotta keep those toes looking pretty.

So an interesting thing going on here. I had phased off before my last trip because I knew I was going to eat regular food, and I wanted to give my body a break, a reset also. I gained A LOT of weight during my trip even with phasing off before and walking a lot on our trip (2 to 3 or more miles most days). Even with the weight gain I thought it would be better to go back to phase 3 for the next two weeks rather than phase 1 because I'm going on my other trip. I didn't want to go back on phase 1 only to yo-yo all over the place and gain it all back plus more when I travel again next week. I just figured when I get back from my next and last trip I would go back to phase 1 and deal with it. So here I am on phase 3 since Sunday and everyday the scale says I'm dropping the weight I gained like crazy even though I'm not on phase 1 or even phase 2. I guess my body is just happy to have some restriction again. I thought I would loose a few pounds of water and then maintain, but I'm WAY past a few pounds now. I'm very happy, but just strange how our body works sometime. At this rate I might loose all that I gained by the time we leave next week, even with being on phase 3. No complaints, just find it kind of strange.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #352  
Started IP 5/9/12

S/C/G: 258/198/165

Height: 5'7"

So an interesting thing going on here. I had phased off before my last trip because I knew I was going to eat regular food, and I wanted to give my body a break, a reset also. I gained A LOT of weight during my trip even with phasing off before and walking a lot on our trip (2 to 3 or more miles most days). Even with the weight gain I thought it would be better to go back to phase 3 for the next two weeks rather than phase 1 because I'm going on my other trip. I didn't want to go back on phase 1 only to yo-yo all over the place and gain it all back plus more when I travel again next week. I just figured when I get back from my next and last trip I would go back to phase 1 and deal with it. So here I am on phase 3 since Sunday and everyday the scale says I'm dropping the weight I gained like crazy even though I'm not on phase 1 or even phase 2. I guess my body is just happy to have some restriction again. I thought I would loose a few pounds of water and then maintain, but I'm WAY past a few pounds now. I'm very happy, but just strange how our body works sometime. At this rate I might loose all that I gained by the time we leave next week, even with being on phase 3. No complaints, just find it kind of strange.[/QUOTE]

I'm SO glad to hear that you've done well even with trips and "real" food. I did the same thing in June when I went to CA, and am doing it again this week as I plan a week-long camping trip, and again in Oct when I'm off to Vegas. My body seems to like being reset after a trip. I have a big loss the first week back OP, just like the very first week after I started this health journey. This is encouraging.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #353  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
***ahem***(clearing throat) where are the pics???....lol.....We want to see!!!...Good morning everyone, I am in a great mood this morning. Yesterday after work I stopped by Wal-Mart to get a few items for the weekend and looked at a few sun dresses. I picked 2 of them up in a size.....WAIT FOR IT......XL (18/20) and THEY FIT!.....I have one on today and I feel amazing!....it is SOOOOOO weird to be able to go in the store and just pick up without trying on....I am LOVING THIS!....AND it was only $12.88!!!.....maybe it won't be so expensive to get a new wardrobe after all.....lol
The other day after I finished work - a little boutique had a sales rack outside - and there was a navy blue sundress with white embroidery - I thought - "Hmmmmm, I don't know . . . oh what the heck, I will try it." Fell in love and bought it! Now I'm just waiting for someplace to wear it too. It is fun, isn't it!!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #354  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyxmom View Post

I'm SO glad to hear that you've done well even with trips and "real" food. I did the same thing in June when I went to CA, and am doing it again this week as I plan a week-long camping trip, and again in Oct when I'm off to Vegas. My body seems to like being reset after a trip. I have a big loss the first week back OP, just like the very first week after I started this health journey. This is encouraging.
You're right, I think my body is just very happy, even on phase 3 to the reset. I just realized that I've lost more now in 5 days than I lost in 7 days during my first week on IP. Very encouraging indeed. Have fun on your camping trip.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #355  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrybaby View Post
Here's a quick recipe that Ive been relying on since starting IP... I mix WF ketchup, WF bacon ranch, and yellow mustard to make a DELICIOUS burger sauce. I usually make a salad with shredded lettuce onion tomato dill pickle and lean ground beef and VOILA burger salad... IM ADDICTED!
Ohhhh, now THAT sounds like a tasty condiment I will add to my list. I usually do some Heinz 1g Carb Ketchup + WF Spicy BBQ + Red Curry Paste on my rutabaga fries. But I like the sounds of that 'special sauce'....

Quote:
That's AWESOME whooshing going on! I actually turned 38 last week and believe I 'unofficially' made goal according to my home scale around then - I love the birthday tie-ins, it's such a great milestone knowing we are healthier now than ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbecause53 View Post
You have been another beautiful and inspirational example of where 100% OP can lead us. We have shared your successes and frustrations and you have provided us with the strength and hope that we too can achieve what you have along your journey. Thanks for all your recipe, exercise, and shopping suggestions. Your faith in the program and creativity in working it have paid off for you and helped us along our way as well.
Thank you so much for this! I have drawn strength and inspiration from so many folks, particularly on this thread, as I truly do believe in IP and committed myself to being 100% throughout. I try to pay it forward as best as I can, because I have definitely found my path made easier by all the folks on this board!

Quote:
Ahhhhhh...it's great to go shopping....I LOVE IT NOW! And what a deal - if you couldn't tell - I love me some bargains! I'm going to go broke saving so much money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Sounds like my shopping trip to the Gap store a couple of weeks ago. I wanted some new t-shirts, and I found about 5 shirts that were all marked down to about 5.00 each, and then at the cash register they took off another 40%. All 5 shirts came to about 22.00 dollars which is what just one of them cost would have cost at full price. Gotta love those deals.

So an interesting thing going on here. I had phased off before my last trip because I knew I was going to eat regular food, and I wanted to give my body a break, a reset also. I gained A LOT of weight during my trip even with phasing off before and walking a lot on our trip (2 to 3 or more miles most days). Even with the weight gain I thought it would be better to go back to phase 3 for the next two weeks rather than phase 1 because I'm going on my other trip. I didn't want to go back on phase 1 only to yo-yo all over the place and gain it all back plus more when I travel again next week. I just figured when I get back from my next and last trip I would go back to phase 1 and deal with it. So here I am on phase 3 since Sunday and everyday the scale says I'm dropping the weight I gained like crazy even though I'm not on phase 1 or even phase 2. I guess my body is just happy to have some restriction again. I thought I would loose a few pounds of water and then maintain, but I'm WAY past a few pounds now. I'm very happy, but just strange how our body works sometime. At this rate I might loose all that I gained by the time we leave next week, even with being on phase 3. No complaints, just find it kind of strange.
Quote:
You're right, I think my body is just very happy, even on phase 3 to the reset. I just realized that I've lost more now in 5 days than I lost in 7 days during my first week on IP. Very encouraging indeed. Have fun on your camping trip.
First off - loving the Gap deals - I am a clearance rack junkie - always have been. Whenever I go shopping I make a beeline to the back of the store and start combing through. And that is great news about your Phase 3 losses, I remember you were having 'plateau frustrations' before your trips, so it's great to know that your body is responding!
Old 07-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #356  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Hello Everyone,
Just stopping in to say Hi and update my ticker. I have not been very well lately; I took a tumble down the basement stairs and have had a nasty cold. I am doing OK; nothing is broken. I just have not been on line much lately so no posts. I have been sticking 100% OP so I am down in pounds. Hope you are all enjoying your summer and having fun!!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #357  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Hello Everyone,
Just stopping in to say Hi and update my ticker. I have not been very well lately; I took a tumble down the basement stairs and have had a nasty cold. I am doing OK; nothing is broken. I just have not been on line much lately so no posts. I have been sticking 100% OP so I am down in pounds. Hope you are all enjoying your summer and having fun!!

so GREAT to hear from you!!!!
PLEASE....don't stay away so long!!
so thankful you are ok!!
miss your beautiful smile!!
hugs
susan
Old 07-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #358  

Quote:
I will posts some pictures tonight when I take them off my phone! LOL! So exciting Wuv to walk into stores and buy something off the rack! Its so exciting!! I am so happy for you!!

Quote:
Well whatever has been happening, its awesome!!! You've been having an awesome summer and your body is happy too!

Quote:
Hello Everyone,
Darralyn, it is sooo good to see you and hear from you!! Take care and I hope we see more of you!!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #359  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Hello Everyone,
There you are Darralyn!!!!!!! I am a little upset that you would not share a "bad spill" with us girls : ( Well I hope you feel better real soon! WEIGH to go on the weight loss! I have truly missed you.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #360  
Feb 2012

S/C/G: 300/248/145

Height: 5'6"

Darralyn, sorry about your mishap. I hope you are on the mend and will not stay away. We missed you.
Closed Thread