Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #211  

Hello all! Interesting posts today, how we perceive ourselves and whether we should phase off. I read ALL of Dr. Tran's book 2 nights ago and was really impressed where he talks about this being a "short" program, so I don't feel badly at all for going to phase 2. I am going to being paying less money to the clinic which will be very helpful right now due to some financial straits, (new water heater, new struts in the car, remodeling the house, etc.) Determined at 47 said she loved phase 2 and lost weight on it. So I am hopeful for all of us. We will persevere and phase off accurately and successfully. We can always do phase 1 later according to Dr. Tran.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:55 PM   #212  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Had a good chat with my coach tonight about my frustration with my last 5 weeks of weight loss being so low and up and down. She feels I have stalled out and suggested trying the alternate phase 1. She thinks maybe my blood sugar is high and this will help reset it. This phase you have 3 food groups to choose from to add 1 group to each meal,they are carbs, fruits and fats. Each group can only be used once per day. I am going to start tomorrow, and am looking forward to trying it and having toast and fruit again.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #213  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011weightbegone View Post
Had a good chat with my coach tonight about my frustration with my last 5 weeks of weight loss being so low and up and down. She feels I have stalled out and suggested trying the alternate phase 1. She thinks maybe my blood sugar is high and this will help reset it. This phase you have 3 food groups to choose from to add 1 group to each meal,they are carbs, fruits and fats. Each group can only be used once per day. I am going to start tomorrow, and am looking forward to trying it and having toast and fruit again.
I am going to watch you to see how you do... at least your coach had another option for you. I think I ran out of options, but totally okay, and now will start phase 3 and am going to be prepared for it. I tried on a bunch of clothing today and instead of saying I was too fat the dress doesn't zip up all the way I look at myself in the mirror and said so when I have done some exercising and tone up my chest and shoulders this zipper will zip up and it will be great to wear it. It is so scary I look forward to wearing skirts and dresses as I look good in them and I have shapely legs and can show off my puppy tattoos. I also noticed my size 8 jeans were getting baggy in the butt again... so I tried on my others that I squeezed into and they are fitting better. and they also will fit better after some toning.

This was a day of reflecting and everyone here is so supportive, you all are great. I also talked with some ladies at my other office today and one who was on IP with me has started up again and she says I am her inspiration and that makes me feel great. she also said her daughter has some shirts for me, so it is so nice to be able to wear a 20 year olds clothes, as when I was 20 I couldn't... it is great to have a plan and focus on that. I am off to do some ball work now talk to you all tomorrow and have a great night...

Pat - I can't really blame my clinic as this coach is my 3rd from there, I understand that she came in 3/4 of the way through my program and really probably can't tell if I tell her the truth or not about not cheating... she has never called me a liar or anything... which is good. and in all honesty she is probably right about me being at my body's goal even though it isn't mine. I also think she was trying to help me by suggesting exercise and if that didn't work the raw diet... which is fine but I want to complete one diet and get balanced again before trying something else. Night.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #214  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I am going to watch you to see how you do... at least your coach had another option for you. I think I ran out of options, but totally okay, and now will start phase 3 and am going to be prepared for it. I tried on a bunch of clothing today and instead of saying I was too fat the dress doesn't zip up all the way I look at myself in the mirror and said so when I have done some exercising and tone up my chest and shoulders this zipper will zip up and it will be great to wear it. It is so scary I look forward to wearing skirts and dresses as I look good in them and I have shapely legs and can show off my puppy tattoos. I also noticed my size 8 jeans were getting baggy in the butt again... so I tried on my others that I squeezed into and they are fitting better. and they also will fit better after some toning.

This was a day of reflecting and everyone here is so supportive, you all are great. I also talked with some ladies at my other office today and one who was on IP with me has started up again and she says I am her inspiration and that makes me feel great. she also said her daughter has some shirts for me, so it is so nice to be able to wear a 20 year olds clothes, as when I was 20 I couldn't... it is great to have a plan and focus on that. I am off to do some ball work now talk to you all tomorrow and have a great night...

Pat - I can't really blame my clinic as this coach is my 3rd from there, I understand that she came in 3/4 of the way through my program and really probably can't tell if I tell her the truth or not about not cheating... she has never called me a liar or anything... which is good. and in all honesty she is probably right about me being at my body's goal even though it isn't mine. I also think she was trying to help me by suggesting exercise and if that didn't work the raw diet... which is fine but I want to complete one diet and get balanced again before trying something else. Night.
2ride I hope this works for me, but it is at least worth a try.My clinic is very supportive and always trying to help. I was on the phone for over 1/2 hour with my coach going over different things tonight.
You have lost over 90 pounds, you look great and no doubt feel so much better. I think we just have to convince ourselves the number on the scale is just that a number and if we feel good and are happy where we are at, then it is time to enjoy where we are. I think it will be easier to maintain our weight loss if we accept ourselves and are happy. I wish you continued success and I also will be watching you.. I need to keep checking your posts for the help and advice you give. You have helped me out many times with your posts and I also am inspired by you and seeing all the success you have had on IP.
I forgot you were getting a tattoo, is it a picture of Rebel and Jewel? I am not brave enough to get 1, I hate needles.
I am so thankful for everyone on 3FC, the support and help on here is so wonderful. Thanks!!
Old 11-02-2011, 08:47 AM   #215  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
My husband and I have been flirting with the idea of each getting another tattoo and I would love to put it somewhere I wouldn't normally show off, like say, my shoulder or something. I've never worn sleeveless shirts before now so the shoulder is kind of a secret place for me. I can't wait to see yours! I can't wait for size 8s to be too baggie! I'm loving a couple of pairs of jeans I have in a 9/10 so I'm wearing them as often as I can in hopes they won't fit soon. I have trouble with them being baggie in the butt but I still have a little muffin top when I sit. Not all of them but most. And they pucker in the hips when I sit too like there's way too much fabric in all the wrong places. Weird body! I used to have to wear mens jeans because I was hipless but I blamed my switch to womens jeans on having children. Guess that wasn't the case. Does anyone else have this? Tonight or tomorrow night (I'm worried about gaining any more water weight since I'm still up 0.6 from Thursday) I'm starting some ab workouts I found online last night and then some I used to do on my exercise ball in hopes to even this problem out a bit.

I don't know if I mentioned it but I finally bit the bullet and scheduled the family pictures I was waiting until the last minute to take. My fave photographer is booking fast and I really want them for Christmas cards so we took an opening on Sunday. I am nowhere near what I wanted to be but I'm also not where I was last year at this time. Not at all! We haven't had family pics taken in a LONG time because I didn't want to be in them so this is a big deal to me. I will compare them to some Photopass pics we had taken in Disney World last November and I bet that'll make me love them. Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't know it we've had any taken with all 4 of us since church pics when my youngest was about 9 months. That's sad!

OK, enough rambling. Good luck to everyone. I've planned a great Phase 2 day today and I'm super excited about it. I'm also excited to get tomorrow's weigh in over, good or bad, so I can start fresh next week!
Old 11-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #216  

Too funny how a lot of us have the problem with baggy butt pants. I notice that on mine but then in front a muffin top! Gotta go weigh in, hoping for a pound.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #217  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Too funny how a lot of us have the problem with baggy butt pants. I notice that on mine but then in front a muffin top! Gotta go weigh in, hoping for a pound.
Good luck! I deff will not be rocking this week's weigh in.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:35 AM   #218  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011weightbegone View Post
I forgot you were getting a tattoo, is it a picture of Rebel and Jewel? I am not brave enough to get 1, I hate needles.
I am so thankful for everyone on 3FC, the support and help on here is so wonderful. Thanks!!
The Tattoo shop and SCARS (Second Chance Animal Rescue Society) were doing a fund raiser for SCARS and they would do paws. So I stamped both of my dogs paws on paper and so I have each of their paw prints on my calves... Jewel's is special as she only has 3 toes on one paw. and Rebel's is in Red because she is my red dog... it was the first time for me and it wasn't too bad except for their names they use bigger needles for writing... yikes and it took no time to heal... will see if I can post before class today. Some day when I am rich I want to do one of Jewel coming out of an agility tunnel, the picture is gorgeous, yellow and blue tunnel, green green grass, blue sky and black happy dog... would kind of like to get one where Jewel is coming out one end of the tunnel and rebel out the other side, but that would be really expensive... My friend just had a head shot done of one of her dog's and it is beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
My husband and I have been flirting with the idea of each getting another tattoo and I would love to put it somewhere I wouldn't normally show off, like say, my shoulder or something. I've never worn sleeveless shirts before now so the shoulder is kind of a secret place for me. I can't wait to see yours! !
I had a hard time deciding where to put them, I figured the leg but wasn't sure I knew I couldn't put them on my arms too flabby (probably hurt less but..) and I wanted to be able to see them so calves it was. I hate needles so this was kind of a big thing for me, and it really wasn't that bad a little painful but not bad at all.

Quote:
Good Luck Sandy
Old 11-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #219  

Quote:
The Tattoo shop and SCARS (Second Chance Animal Rescue Society) were doing a fund raiser for SCARS and they would do paws. So I stamped both of my dogs paws on paper and so I have each of their paw prints on my calves... Jewel's is special as she only has 3 toes on one paw. and Rebel's is in Red because she is my red dog... it was the first time for me and it wasn't too bad except for their names they use bigger needles for writing... yikes and it took no time to heal... will see if I can post before class today. Some day when I am rich I want to do one of Jewel coming out of an agility tunnel, the picture is gorgeous, yellow and blue tunnel, green green grass, blue sky and black happy dog... would kind of like to get one where Jewel is coming out one end of the tunnel and rebel out the other side, but that would be really expensive... My friend just had a head shot done of one of her dog's and it is beautiful.

I had a hard time deciding where to put them, I figured the leg but wasn't sure I knew I couldn't put them on my arms too flabby (probably hurt less but..) and I wanted to be able to see them so calves it was. I hate needles so this was kind of a big thing for me, and it really wasn't that bad a little painful but not bad at all.

Good Luck Sandy
Paws! What a great idea. I think I remember reading something about that before on one of your posts but I forgot. I have a frog, yes a frog, on my right ankle. I got it at 17 and was totally into frogs. I still love it because they were such a big part of my life and something I was "known" for. I still have people give me things with frogs even though I've grown out of it. I also have a flower with my oldest daughter's name above it and my youngest's name below it on my wrist. And my biggest one is my "tramp stamp", as many people call them, right above my butt. It's a big blue nautical star in the center for my hubby and a smaller pink and purple one on either side for my girls. There's some fancy design wrapping them all together also. I love it. It's getting smaller and smaller since the small of my back is shrinking. I kinda think I want one on the back of my neck, just a small one. But, like I said, I really think the shoulder would be neat too.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #220  

Woohoo, 2 pounds gone and 1.75 inches. I'll take it. I am definitely phasing off now , so on phase 2 officially. I just make extra for supper and take that for lunch the next day. It is working for me.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #221  

Quote:
Woohoo, 2 pounds gone and 1.75 inches. I'll take it. I am definitely phasing off now , so on phase 2 officially. I just make extra for supper and take that for lunch the next day. It is working for me.
So excited for you! It seems like forever since I've seen a 2 something.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #222  

Oh, and speaking of baggy pants....

I tried on a pair of dress pants I brought up from the basement about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I was so bummed because they were a 12 and they were too tight. Well, today I pulled them out and put them on and I really shouldn't have worn them. The butt and thighs are way too baggy and the waist is loose so I'm losing them as I walk. I will put these in the sell pile when I get home, that's for sure! I know when I go down to meet my husband at break he's going to say something. He hates when I "look like I"ve crapped my pants". (His words!) So even with the slow month, this is something to make me smile.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #223  

Quote:
Congratulations, great loss!! Wow, 7 more pounds and you are at goal, good luck in phase 2!!
Old 11-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #224  

2Ride your tattoo with your dogs and the agility tunnel sounds like it would be beautiful and a great memory for you. My daughter designed 1 of her tattoos (she has 3) and it goes from shoulder to shoulder and about 6" deep at the center of her back, it is gorgeous.

ItsAboutTime, good luck on your weight loss and phase 2. It is great when you put on clothes that it shows the inches are coming off even though the scale isn't showing a loss. I was the same with pictures, hated them taken because of my size, but now years later, wish I had taken them. You look great in your picture on here, and definitely will notice the difference with all the weight you have lost. Enjoy the photo shoot with the family.

For the last week my scale wasn't moving (weight was up and down for 5 weeks) and also showing I had stayed the same or gained all week. I was hungry all the time so, I added a 4th package for 4 of those days, exercised a couple of days, put a phase 2 day in a few times, and ate 2 restricted 1 day, all this because I was hungry and didn't want to cheat. I was frustrated and didn't know what else to do, so instead of cheating I added more IP foods and the extra protein with phase 2. I weighed everyday only to find the scale staying the same or going up. Well this morning was weigh day and it showed 2 pounds down. Now that should be proof enough to me to stay off the scale everyday and only weigh on weigh day. It just plays havoc on my mind seeing it go up or stay the same. My coach suggested the alternate phase 1 for me to go on because she thinks my blood sugar is high and this is why I am so hungry.Now,after weighing today, I'm not sure if I should do that or continue with phase 2 for another week. I am leaning to the phase 2 since it did show a loss. Phase 1 alternate has fruit, fats, and carbs (bread etc) in it and I'm not so sure if my body is ready to bring that back yet as I still have 13 more pounds to loose. I think I am going to continue with phase 2 and stay off the scale for this week, and see how it goes

Good luck to everyone on their weigh ins and have a great day!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Well, made it to Phase 2! Today is officially the day I am phasing off. I am so super excited to be in P2. Also had a really good WI- 2# down bringing me to just about 90% of goal. Hopefully P2 will treat me as well as it has been treating some of you. I am hoping to get to 131-132 so 135 can be my maintaining weight.

I also just wanted to share some of my successes. In 5 short (and sometimes not so short!) months, I have lost:

35 pounds
My waist went from 33" to 27.25" (5.75" lost)
Hips from 43" to 37.5" (5.5" lost)
Thighs from 26" to 21.5" (4.5" lost- EACH)
Arms from 14" to 10.5" (3.5" lost - EACH)
Stomach from 39.25" to 32.5" (6.75" lost)

I went from a tight 12 to a 4 in most pants, sometimes 6.

I think I will post this in the daily thread so maybe some of the newbies will see it and see that if they just stick to the program, it will actually work.

Thanks for letting me share this with you and I am looking forward to joining you on P2!
Closed Thread