Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 11:09 AM   #106  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Just got back from WI, down another pound, so I am slowly making my way down. I talked to my coach again this morning and she had some very sound advice for me, and I now feel so much better and a lot less preoccupied.

We discussed that starting next week, I am going to start P2 and start phasing off. Here is what she said to me to help me make this decision and put my mind at ease:

I have met and / or exceeded my original goals, which were to 1). Get down into single digit sizes. I orginally was aiming for 8, but I am now comfortable in 6's and some 4's. And 2). I want my body to reflect all of the hard work I put into it ie: exercise. I have been exercising for years and running, doing marathons and triathlons and I never felt like my body reflected the inner "athlete" that I am. Now, it does.

So, does it really matter what I actually weigh? I have accomplished my goals. I am happy, comfortable and confident in my new looks. She also told me that I want to be at a weight that I can EASILY maintain. Sure I could probably keep losing and keep at it, but how much of a struggle would it be for me to maintain a weight like 120-125? I would constantly be "dieting" and trying to maintain that weight. Where I am roughly at is a healthy weight that I can maintain without constantly worrying about it. I just want to live a healthy, normal lifestyle.

And on a final note of our discussion, she said to try maintaining at this weight for a while and see how it goes. If a few months pass and I feel like I really want to lose more, then I can always go back on P1 for a month or 2 and drop another 10# or so.

I am so down with this plan and I feel so much more at ease about it. I am finishing up this week on P1 (my weeks go Wed-Wed) and starting P2 next week (Nov. 2). According to my coach, I should still lose on P2, so I am hoping to lose those "leeway" pounds so I can maintain comfortably here, at least for the next couple of months. And if I want to re-evaluate in February or so, I will.
That sounds like a great plan! I am the same, I want a size 8, although I'd prefer a 6, and I'm thinking 12 more pounds won't get me there. I'm in a few 8s but mostly 9/10s at this point. Good luck next week. How exciting, now the phase 3 planning will start. (At least for me it will start when I start 2 because I will need a few weeks to get my head around it all.)
Old 10-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Hey Hey Everyone!

I'm so excited I have to post it twice (I tend to go to the daily, but I am going to be in here once in a while too).

I'm offically smaller then my VIP...TEE HEE. OMG I can't believe how excited I am, I have never ever been smaller then the big deal in my life. If I only knew last week how much better I would feel this week then I probably would have been able to snap out of my grumpiness. LOL

Next up, 100 lbs! I wonder if I'll be AS excited as I am today. lol I'm not excited that I have to go two weeks without a scale again though.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Last edited by Ishbel; 10-26-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:23 AM   #108  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Just back from weigh in! Lost 1 pound and 1 inch. I am officially 159!
congrats...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
My day went downhill yesterday too. I got a call from my oldest daughter's teacher about 1:30 that she was sick and I needed to come and get her. Then my youngest came home from school crying because her arm hurt. She fell off the monkey bars last period. I brought her to the chiro and her shoulder was out so we are lucky that was an easy fix and no breaks. Here's to a better day!

Oh, and my chiro isn't my coach, just a friend on the program also. She has been asked to start selling and consulting in her clinic though and is pretty close to saying yes I think. (I hope!) She's been to 5 meeting about IP. 3 before she started it because she was such a sceptic. (sp?) She knows pretty much anything I ask.
I did that in grade 4 fell off the monkey bars and broke my arm, didn't tell anyone for about 6 hours and by then it was swollen up like a balloon.. I can remember it clearly happened on a Sunday, got to the hospital around 8 pm and they wanted me to stay overnight and I said no way (probablly had a hissy fit) so they called in the xray tech on overtime, then set my arm and I was back in school the next day... It was kind of funny cause my one brother was so proud of me that I didn't cry and I kept quiet for so long... silly the things we remember.

I hope all of you in the 150's don't take as long as me to hit the 140s it seemed like forever I think it was over 2 months.. but it sounds like you all are still losing steadily so you shouldn't have any problems there.

Jenny - Your coach has given you sound advice and it is similar to what I realized last week after all the struggling. I am losing in phase 2 so you probably will as well, eveyone is different. Look forward to phasing off this is what we all worked so hard to get there.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post

I hope all of you in the 150's don't take as long as me to hit the 140s it seemed like forever I think it was over 2 months.. but it sounds like you all are still losing steadily so you shouldn't have any problems there.
I hope not too! I avg a month in a decade but the 160s took me 5 weeks to get through so it wouldn't surprise me if the 150s took just as long, if not longer. I hope to join you in the 140s SOON!

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 10-26-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #110  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Just got back from WI, down another pound, so I am slowly making my way down. I talked to my coach again this morning and she had some very sound advice for me, and I now feel so much better and a lot less preoccupied.

We discussed that starting next week, I am going to start P2 and start phasing off. Here is what she said to me to help me make this decision and put my mind at ease:

I have met and / or exceeded my original goals, which were to 1). Get down into single digit sizes. I orginally was aiming for 8, but I am now comfortable in 6's and some 4's. And 2). I want my body to reflect all of the hard work I put into it ie: exercise. I have been exercising for years and running, doing marathons and triathlons and I never felt like my body reflected the inner "athlete" that I am. Now, it does.

So, does it really matter what I actually weigh? I have accomplished my goals. I am happy, comfortable and confident in my new looks. She also told me that I want to be at a weight that I can EASILY maintain. Sure I could probably keep losing and keep at it, but how much of a struggle would it be for me to maintain a weight like 120-125? I would constantly be "dieting" and trying to maintain that weight. Where I am roughly at is a healthy weight that I can maintain without constantly worrying about it. I just want to live a healthy, normal lifestyle.

And on a final note of our discussion, she said to try maintaining at this weight for a while and see how it goes. If a few months pass and I feel like I really want to lose more, then I can always go back on P1 for a month or 2 and drop another 10# or so.

I am so down with this plan and I feel so much more at ease about it. I am finishing up this week on P1 (my weeks go Wed-Wed) and starting P2 next week (Nov. 2). According to my coach, I should still lose on P2, so I am hoping to lose those "leeway" pounds so I can maintain comfortably here, at least for the next couple of months. And if I want to re-evaluate in February or so, I will.
It sounds like you have a wise coach. It's nice to be reminded why we originally started this. Good luck with your plan.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Yes, my coach is awesome! She has done IP and definitely has a good grasp of it. I am excited to have finally made a decision and yes, I am hoping that I will continue to lose in P2. So technically, I have 3 weeks of weight loss left before I start P3 and maintenance, and whatever I am at, I am at. Thank you all for your support! Sometimes I don't know what I would do without 3FC!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:15 PM   #112  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Yes, my coach is awesome! She has done IP and definitely has a good grasp of it. I am excited to have finally made a decision and yes, I am hoping that I will continue to lose in P2. So technically, I have 3 weeks of weight loss left before I start P3 and maintenance, and whatever I am at, I am at. Thank you all for your support! Sometimes I don't know what I would do without 3FC!
Isn't that the truth, I often wonder if you all weren't around how well I would have done... I really enjoy our chats.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:

LOVE THIS PLAN!!! Way to go!! I hope you are excited! Sounds like a great plan to the rest of your life!
i think you just inspired me to go outside and walk. and come inside and do some abs/arms. i need to tighten this tummy. no excuses with, what i put my goal at...10lbs to go.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:25 PM   #114  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

It's almost midnight here and Iäm reflecting on the daz from ****- (Thatäs what happens when zou tzpe English on a German kezboard.)

In another thread IowaMom and I reflected on ''those days'' when even the cat can't lick itself in the right direction. Started (mechanically) with the electric tooth brush stopping dead mid brush. A bad omen. In between other disturbing electric phenomena, the computer I'm borrowing from my daughter-in-law, because mine died, locked out, undoubtedly because Andy-the-cat was sitting on it for warmth while I finished washing the dishes, because the dishwasher STILLLLL isn't hooked up.

Finally got the password from D-in-L AND it threw me back in to some arcane world that only speaks Deutche and I lost all my saved desktop icons. Everzthing. Zip.

No problem. We live in a flexible world, right. OK, OK, so I can't find the question mark.

So the skirt I'm knitting for my grandaughter, knit on tiny circular needles, has to be ripped out because, somehow, I managed to twist it when I joined the ends. A learning experience.

And I continue my four day barrage at Amazon and a vendor for the whey isolate I ordered a week ago and it still hasn't arrived allthough they say it was delivered last FRIDAY. I have been totally out of IP alternative and, I think I mentioned, hungry - for three days now - even using a very expensive pharmacy substitute and a sort of Phase 2. Only gained 3.9 pounds. Two weeks down the drain, so to speak.

Sheeze. And I could go on. 2 Ride, THIS is a RANT.

Thanks so verz much for listening (or not, if you were wise.)

EDIT. Lord, I hope zouäre laughing. I mean, that was sort of the intent.

Last edited by Linden; 10-26-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:47 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

I am so glad that I looked at the list today and found this thread. You guys are just exactly what I needed today to lift me up and maybe even smack me in the face a bit. I have been having a really horrible month! I have been on IP since Feb and did not have a single cheat until Sept and then I just kind of gave up. I would tell myself that I would stay OP but I don't think I went more than 2 days this past month without having something extra. I am doing ok during the day but can't seem to control myself at night. I will wander out to the kitchen and just start grazing.
I had pretty much decided to phase off as I am pretty happy with my size. I really wanted to be able to say that I had lost 100 lbs but I am in a size 8 now and really liking it. Now I am just trying to get in two weeks on phase 2 so I can phase off. Aargh! I so don't want to have all this hard work go to waste. And I really want to do it properly and phase off right. So here's to hanging in there and finishing this off right!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #116  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Phase 1 should have it's own stages. Just from reading this site and my own experience, I've found:
Stage 1: Excited to start, Day 1 is so hard!! Where is the recipe for Big Mac in a bowl? I'm starving, but made it through! Whew! Can I eat this or that? Which WF dressings are good? Everybody is figuring out how to do this diet and the site search isn't the easiest to figure out. I don't think anybody reads the first post of the Daily Chat. Expect newbies to go through 2-3 weeks of this stage at least. The more threads created, the better, Woohoo!
Stage 2: Getting everything figured out, settling into a routine. You know what you like and you know what you don't like. Most people are still losing high numbers on their WI's. All is well with Ideal Protein. Clothes are getting too big, people are experiencing NSVs all the time. People are feeling really good!
Stage 3: You are about 2 or 3 sizes or 15-20 lbs away from your goal. If you've been on IP for at least 3 months or so, you're starting to wonder how long you will have to keep doing this. You want to kick the scale when there is no loss or the loss is low. 2 -3 lbs? You dance out of your visit. You're starting to think about the next phases and wonder how in the world you will eat all of that breakfast on phase 3. You're scared because you are so used to your routine, but you start trying to figure it out. You start getting frustrated that nobody reads the first post on the Daily Chat thread. You get tired of trying to find your favorite thread because 20 new threads by the same new member were started during the same day. You think about kicking a puppy, but don't.
Stage 4: You have 10 lbs or less to lose from reaching your goal. You want to curse the scale because it barely budges from one week to the next. You can't wait to start the next phase because you want some variety back in your life. You're ready to move on and that "fun" day is sounding so darn wonderful, and at the same time, still really scary. You are thankful when you lose a whole pound and not just point something of a pound. You wonder if you set your goal weight correctly. What is it about that magic number you set out to reach? Maybe it's really too low, or maybe I need to lower it? Will I ever lose these last 10 lbs? Thank goodness no puppies are around to kick. You're sick of all the people in the daily chat posting about losing 10 lbs in a week. You don't care if they eat Big Mac in a bowl and liked it. You want to gouge your eyes out when you read about all the cheats and then the same person wonders why they "only" lost 5 lbs that week. Maybe you will kick a kitten in frustration.

Disclaimer: This poster does not advise people to kick kittens or puppies. I only posted that to be funny and sarcastic.

I find myself currently in between stages 2 and 3. Hopefully that makes me experienced enough to join you guys in this thread.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:57 PM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd447 View Post
I am so glad that I looked at the list today and found this thread. You guys are just exactly what I needed today to lift me up and maybe even smack me in the face a bit. I have been having a really horrible month! I have been on IP since Feb and did not have a single cheat until Sept and then I just kind of gave up. I would tell myself that I would stay OP but I don't think I went more than 2 days this past month without having something extra. I am doing ok during the day but can't seem to control myself at night. I will wander out to the kitchen and just start grazing.
I had pretty much decided to phase off as I am pretty happy with my size. I really wanted to be able to say that I had lost 100 lbs but I am in a size 8 now and really liking it. Now I am just trying to get in two weeks on phase 2 so I can phase off. Aargh! I so don't want to have all this hard work go to waste. And I really want to do it properly and phase off right. So here's to hanging in there and finishing this off right!
Not sure if you read through the entire thread, but I am in a very similar situation. I made the firm decision today that starting next Wed., I am phasing off. Like you, I am very happy with where I am and happy with my new size. I still have a ton of packets (I have to buy by the box and had bought some extras so I could have variety) so I am doing this last week at P1 and starting Nov. 2, I am officially phasing off. I am so excited with this decision.

I hope you decide to stick to P2 so you can phase off properly. I am a firm believer in that being the most important thing we do on this diet, phase off the right way. Otherwise, I think we will set ourselves up for failure in the future.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:59 PM   #118  
emh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd447 View Post
100 lbs is a great accomplishment...WOW you must feel great. I find so much of this is mental....one of my favorite sayings is...nothing tastes as good as thin feels! Phase off properly and be happy with yourself...you can do it....we believe in you. Stay strong...think of how successful you have been.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #119  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
LOVE THIS PLAN!!! Way to go!! I hope you are excited! Sounds like a great plan to the rest of your life!
i think you just inspired me to go outside and walk. and come inside and do some abs/arms. i need to tighten this tummy. no excuses with, what i put my goal at...10lbs to go.
Yes, I am very excited with this decision. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I spent all last week agonizing over this, it was definitely weighing heavy on my mind. I kept thinking, how can I be so happy with what I have accomplished and still feel so low about reaching goal??? I feel like a new woman today!
Old 10-26-2011, 08:18 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Phase 1 should have it's own stages. Just from reading this site and my own experience, I've found:
Stage 1: Excited to start, Day 1 is so hard!! Where is the recipe for Big Mac in a bowl? I'm starving, but made it through! Whew! Can I eat this or that? Which WF dressings are good? Everybody is figuring out how to do this diet and the site search isn't the easiest to figure out. I don't think anybody reads the first post of the Daily Chat. Expect newbies to go through 2-3 weeks of this stage at least. The more threads created, the better, Woohoo!
Stage 2: Getting everything figured out, settling into a routine. You know what you like and you know what you don't like. Most people are still losing high numbers on their WI's. All is well with Ideal Protein. Clothes are getting too big, people are experiencing NSVs all the time. People are feeling really good!
Stage 3: You are about 2 or 3 sizes or 15-20 lbs away from your goal. If you've been on IP for at least 3 months or so, you're starting to wonder how long you will have to keep doing this. You want to kick the scale when there is no loss or the loss is low. 2 -3 lbs? You dance out of your visit. You're starting to think about the next phases and wonder how in the world you will eat all of that breakfast on phase 3. You're scared because you are so used to your routine, but you start trying to figure it out. You start getting frustrated that nobody reads the first post on the Daily Chat thread. You get tired of trying to find your favorite thread because 20 new threads by the same new member were started during the same day. You think about kicking a puppy, but don't.
Stage 4: You have 10 lbs or less to lose from reaching your goal. You want to curse the scale because it barely budges from one week to the next. You can't wait to start the next phase because you want some variety back in your life. You're ready to move on and that "fun" day is sounding so darn wonderful, and at the same time, still really scary. You are thankful when you lose a whole pound and not just point something of a pound. You wonder if you set your goal weight correctly. What is it about that magic number you set out to reach? Maybe it's really too low, or maybe I need to lower it? Will I ever lose these last 10 lbs? Thank goodness no puppies are around to kick. You're sick of all the people in the daily chat posting about losing 10 lbs in a week. You don't care if they eat Big Mac in a bowl and liked it. You want to gouge your eyes out when you read about all the cheats and then the same person wonders why they "only" lost 5 lbs that week. Maybe you will kick a kitten in frustration.

Disclaimer: This poster does not advise people to kick kittens or puppies. I only posted that to be funny and sarcastic.

I find myself currently in between stages 2 and 3. Hopefully that makes me experienced enough to join you guys in this thread.
How stinkin true! Love it!
Closed Thread