Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #61  
Senior Member
 
Ishbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,468

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Default

Hey Hey Everyone,

2RIDE - I didn't see it as a rant either....you've done so well and you PERSONALLY have helped me thank you for being you.

So I have a question for you all. Visalus is really gaining steam in my neighbourhood...and although I'm armed well to defend my choice in IP (I believe in the science and can regurgiate it better then my coach), I do not know anything about visalus to counter any "why don't you try this, it's 'cheaper' and you can have more options for supper?"...vice "back off get your own sandwich, IP is obviously working for me".

Odd and frustrating that people feel the need to tell you to change what you're doing WHEN IT'S WORKING!!

Any of you ever heard of it?

Last edited by Ishbel; 10-25-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Ishbel is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #62  
Started IP 7/7/2010
 
Marionm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Marion, IA
Posts: 608

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Okay first Thank you all for wishing me luck... WELL...... phase 3 has been postponed.... Good news, lost 3 lbs this week... How you say... this is when I start ranting.

I love IP, I love this group, I love my new body and my new clothing... but most of all I RESPECT food now.

Have a good night.
I had to chuckle because I just wasn't seeing this as a rant. It's just stuff we have all thought over the time we've been doing this.

Awesome job on the weight loss. I do think you hit a key--stress and starvation mode--really aren't that different in our bodies. Starvation mode simply causes our bodies to stress the same way our mental stress does. This is one of the things I've had to learn so much about because of having adrenal fatigue. There are things I can control and things I can't. As you see, you are probably better trying not to over control your weight loss. Eat what you know you should and trust the 9 months of experience you have.

Linden, I wanted to mention something about that Duke article because while aerobic exercise may be a way to lose belly fat, the intense level of exercise can also have the same result as stress. While we are doing this diet, I think we need to be careful about how much intense exercise of any kind we are doing.

I was one of those people that did a biggest loser type program and after 3 months of working out 3-5 hours a day and eating 'well' I had only lost 9 pounds. It was simply too much for my body to handle.


Well, I wrapped up one of my stresses last night, for a couple of weeks anyway, by finishing two final exams. So now I can focus on some of the rest of my goals for a bit.

Okay, I need to grab my breakfast and get a cat sewn on my poodle skirt for a Halloween dance tomorrow night. Have a great day!
Marionm is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #63  
Senior Member
 
Lalison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 117

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
another thing... Seriously, HOW can you be burnt out on a diet in a month or two months and just want to move on... I have been here for NINE months, maybe by this rant I am burnt out too... but really I am here to get healthy yes I may want to have something else but I can also wait until my free day... I deserve to be at a healthy weight and so do the rest of us.
Oh my goodness THIS! Call me bitter but I am incredibly sick of everyone spouting about how they are experiencing "diet fatigue" after being on the diet for a month. While I suppose I am feeling the fatigue, I have been on the diet, just like you, for over 9 months. I think it is about time I feel the fatigue.

Thanks for opening this thread. It seemed that some of the people who were actually experienced weren't joining in on the other one so hopefully this sparks some new membership.
Lalison is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 11:46 AM   #64  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
ItsAboutTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,530

Height: 5'4"

Default

I am starting to feel it after just 17 weeks but I burn out on every diet by about 3-4 months so I think it's just in my nature. Deff. not quitting, just not as gung ho most days.



It's been a great day here. I got a compliment at work for once. I'm used to toxic coworkers so this was a nice change. Smoeone told me she had to take a double look to see who I was because I'm shrinking away. "Just so tiny" in her words.

I also looked up my daughter's report card because I didn't want to wait for conferences tomorrow and she has straight A's. Proud mom!
ItsAboutTime is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 12:52 PM   #65  
aka CAT
 
gettinmygrooveback's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 475

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Default

Wow...This thread really blew up fast! So thankful to not be alone in the latter part of my journey! Common denominators: frustration, stress, fatigue and fear. So we all have to find our own way to deal with all of the above. I seem to have this vicious loop system happening. I am frustrated mainly because I thought I'd be "done" by now. Those of you who have been OP so much longer than me....you are my heroes to have persevered for so long.

I am a woman who puts her mind, heart and soul into (whatever) and sees it through to fruition. After a 14 year battle with my body, I finally found a winning combination with a tiny white thyroid pill and IP. Honestly, I think the rapid weight loss went to my head. I have encountered a few roadblocks since beginning IP and I have overcome but not without a great deal of stress....and then the weight loss stopped. Enter more stress and frustration. I was finally able to let go of the majority of the stress. It is what it is.....I stopped weighing and measuring myself (although I have a coach, I don't go to a clinic) and finally began to enjoy and soak up the compliments I was receiving. I am so proud of myself. But even though where we've come from has helped to define who we are today, I want to keep looking forward to my future.....not behind me. I finally stepped on the scale and low and behold, the scale is moving downward! This has given me new hope but not enough to overcome my diet fatigue. Sorry...but it's fall....and I really want a Honey Crisp apple. I want some brown rice and qunioa and I can't wait to taste a fresh sweet potato (no butter needed). So how do I overcome those thoughts without bringing the frustration and stress back into the equation?

And then here comes the fear. We all have varying degrees of it for many different reasons. I was insulin resistant with a borderline A1C prior to IP (semi-annual bloodwork at the end of next month). I know my pancreas had been laying dormant and I am so praying that it truely has been reprogrammed as I phase off. I am so afraid that it hasn't and that genetics will trump any of my efforts to overcome. I have to live the rest of my life watching everything that goes into my mouth. I'm OK with that...but why do I still feel a very strong urge for something sweet after eating a very nice, healthy IP dinner? I am very concerned.

I am very seriously considering phasing off beginning next week. My coach has been recommending that I do for a month or so now. I need to enjoy this new woman I have become. Let her branch out and find her new way in this wide open world. I need to let go of the frustration, stress, fatigue and fear and maybe then my body and I can find homeostasis. That's really what life's all about, isn't it? The last of my weight just might magically disappear (NOT) or I can always come back to IP when I know the time is right.
gettinmygrooveback is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #66  
Re-started IP 9.7.11
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 2,589

Height: 5' 4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post

Linden, I wanted to mention something about that Duke article because while aerobic exercise may be a way to lose belly fat, the intense level of exercise can also have the same result as stress. While we are doing this diet, I think we need to be careful about how much intense exercise of any kind we are doing.
I totally agree. The way I read the article was that they were advocating walking over anything else. Unless one power walks, I can's see how that would be intense.

And I just wanted to share this. I had blackened catfish for dinner tonight (with a huge spnach salad and lemon juice) and the only 2 changes I made to the traditional way of cooking it were to use 1 teaspoon (yes, only one) of ghee and cook it in a really hot non-stick pan. It was SO good.
Linden is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #67  
Senior Member
 
Momto2cs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,729

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Default

Cardio and aerobic exercise are the same thing.

The belly fat, also called visceral fat, is one thing measured if your coach uses the body fat analysis scale.

I do intense cardio and weight work outs. I have lost 22 pounds and my visceral fat is now at 1-the lowest reading.

The small fluctuations can be building muscle, but it might also be as simple as being more hydrated, etc.

Exercising did not hinder weight loss for me.
Momto2cs is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 01:44 PM   #68  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
ItsAboutTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,530

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Wow...This thread really blew up fast! So thankful to not be alone in the latter part of my journey! Common denominators: frustration, stress, fatigue and fear. So we all have to find our own way to deal with all of the above. I seem to have this vicious loop system happening. I am frustrated mainly because I thought I'd be "done" by now. Those of you who have been OP so much longer than me....you are my heroes to have persevered for so long.

I am a woman who puts her mind, heart and soul into (whatever) and sees it through to fruition. After a 14 year battle with my body, I finally found a winning combination with a tiny white thyroid pill and IP. Honestly, I think the rapid weight loss went to my head. I have encountered a few roadblocks since beginning IP and I have overcome but not without a great deal of stress....and then the weight loss stopped. Enter more stress and frustration. I was finally able to let go of the majority of the stress. It is what it is.....I stopped weighing and measuring myself (although I have a coach, I don't go to a clinic) and finally began to enjoy and soak up the compliments I was receiving. I am so proud of myself. But even though where we've come from has helped to define who we are today, I want to keep looking forward to my future.....not behind me. I finally stepped on the scale and low and behold, the scale is moving downward! This has given me new hope but not enough to overcome my diet fatigue. Sorry...but it's fall....and I really want a Honey Crisp apple. I want some brown rice and qunioa and I can't wait to taste a fresh sweet potato (no butter needed). So how do I overcome those thoughts without bringing the frustration and stress back into the equation?

And then here comes the fear. We all have varying degrees of it for many different reasons. I was insulin resistant with a borderline A1C prior to IP (semi-annual bloodwork at the end of next month). I know my pancreas had been laying dormant and I am so praying that it truely has been reprogrammed as I phase off. I am so afraid that it hasn't and that genetics will trump any of my efforts to overcome. I have to live the rest of my life watching everything that goes into my mouth. I'm OK with that...but why do I still feel a very strong urge for something sweet after eating a very nice, healthy IP dinner? I am very concerned.

I am very seriously considering phasing off beginning next week. My coach has been recommending that I do for a month or so now. I need to enjoy this new woman I have become. Let her branch out and find her new way in this wide open world. I need to let go of the frustration, stress, fatigue and fear and maybe then my body and I can find homeostasis. That's really what life's all about, isn't it? The last of my weight just might magically disappear (NOT) or I can always come back to IP when I know the time is right.
I agree. We are coming to the end of the "known" and moving into the unknown and it's scary. We are frustrated because a lot of us lost pretty quickly in the beginning and as we near the end it's just not so quick.
Good luck if you decide to move on. Phase 2 doesn't scare me near as much as 3 and 4. I am even thinking of having a left over chicken breast (4 oz) for lunch tomorrow in place of my shake. The only thing holding me back is the fact that I love coming to my desk and enjoying my chocolate shake heated up after lunch. I have been eating just my veggies at 12 with a bottle of water and then I drink the shake at 12:30. I'm always cold so it's just so good!
ItsAboutTime is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 04:24 PM   #69  
Started IP 7/7/2010
 
Marionm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Marion, IA
Posts: 608

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post

I am very seriously considering phasing off beginning next week. My coach has been recommending that I do for a month or so now. I need to enjoy this new woman I have become. Let her branch out and find her new way in this wide open world. I need to let go of the frustration, stress, fatigue and fear and maybe then my body and I can find homeostasis. That's really what life's all about, isn't it? The last of my weight just might magically disappear (NOT) or I can always come back to IP when I know the time is right.
I phased off last year because I needed to adjust to where I was at and stop thinking of myself as just the fat girl. I still have a long way to go, but I was getting so many comments and barely recognizing myself that I just needed to adjust. Now that I've settled (and spread a bit) I'm ready to take the next step.

It was a welcomed break and I just went to my after the diet way of eating which is pretty much a Paleo/primal plan with some occasional grains and dairy. Where I went wrong was not by eating too many BigMac's but rather by eating too much dried fruit. I'm a sugar addict and even if I'm off it for months I still want it. If you are wondering what to do after, you might check it out. I didn't think the board here was all that helpful but if you google it you'll find some go information and I'm happy to share what I have.

Speaking of sugar craving! I think my surgery just delayed the sugar cravings we normally feel the first week--even though I'm in ketosis. Today was my first long day back at work too. Oh well, I'll suck it up and take a nap! LOL
Marionm is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #70  
start IP Feb 8 2011
 
2RIDEROLLERCOAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,527

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Wow...This thread really blew up fast! So thankful to not be alone in the latter part of my journey! Common denominators: frustration, stress, fatigue and fear. So we all have to find our own way to deal with all of the above. I seem to have this vicious loop system happening. I am frustrated mainly because I thought I'd be "done" by now. Those of you who have been OP so much longer than me....you are my heroes to have persevered for so long.

I am a woman who puts her mind, heart and soul into (whatever) and sees it through to fruition. After a 14 year battle with my body, I finally found a winning combination with a tiny white thyroid pill and IP. Honestly, I think the rapid weight loss went to my head. I have encountered a few roadblocks since beginning IP and I have overcome but not without a great deal of stress....and then the weight loss stopped. Enter more stress and frustration. I was finally able to let go of the majority of the stress. It is what it is.....I stopped weighing and measuring myself (although I have a coach, I don't go to a clinic) and finally began to enjoy and soak up the compliments I was receiving. I am so proud of myself. But even though where we've come from has helped to define who we are today, I want to keep looking forward to my future.....not behind me. I finally stepped on the scale and low and behold, the scale is moving downward! This has given me new hope but not enough to overcome my diet fatigue. Sorry...but it's fall....and I really want a Honey Crisp apple. I want some brown rice and qunioa and I can't wait to taste a fresh sweet potato (no butter needed). So how do I overcome those thoughts without bringing the frustration and stress back into the equation?

And then here comes the fear. We all have varying degrees of it for many different reasons. I was insulin resistant with a borderline A1C prior to IP (semi-annual bloodwork at the end of next month). I know my pancreas had been laying dormant and I am so praying that it truely has been reprogrammed as I phase off. I am so afraid that it hasn't and that genetics will trump any of my efforts to overcome. I have to live the rest of my life watching everything that goes into my mouth. I'm OK with that...but why do I still feel a very strong urge for something sweet after eating a very nice, healthy IP dinner? I am very concerned.

I am very seriously considering phasing off beginning next week. My coach has been recommending that I do for a month or so now. I need to enjoy this new woman I have become. Let her branch out and find her new way in this wide open world. I need to let go of the frustration, stress, fatigue and fear and maybe then my body and I can find homeostasis. That's really what life's all about, isn't it? The last of my weight just might magically disappear (NOT) or I can always come back to IP when I know the time is right.
I am a muncher and have found that if I leave a little of my veggies out and come back around 730 - 800 I HAVE to have them... then my snack... I am truly looking forward to going into phase 3 and phase 4 now that I decided I like me. My worry is have I learned enough? will I be able to continue munching on veg or will I go to something else. I love my chocolate and am so happy to have pb soy puffs and the choc ones... but I also have frozen bars in my freezer since easter... and all have pb and Choc in them... they cry when I open the door... but I ignore them, I just tell them every once and a while that soon you too can come out and play ONCE in a while.
I truly believe we have to adjust to our new bodies but it will take a while. I have a great support system at work and get so many compliments and asked usually daily if I am finished yet... they have been hearing pretty soon for about 2 months now... I was actually scared to phase off before my goal weight until last week that is I was getting excited and just wanted to enjoy this experience again... so when I was told one more week on phase 2 I went oh okay I guess I can do it, it is only one week... and our goal is just a number and at this point... I will accept any number and if it is time to move to phase 3 I am ready with my grocery list and my debit card ready to go.
Have a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Hey Hey Everyone,

2RIDE - I didn't see it as a rant either....you've done so well and you PERSONALLY have helped me thank you for being you.

So I have a question for you all. Visalus is really gaining steam in my neighbourhood...and although I'm armed well to defend my choice in IP (I believe in the science and can regurgiate it better then my coach), I do not know anything about visalus to counter any "why don't you try this, it's 'cheaper' and you can have more options for supper?"...vice "back off get your own sandwich, IP is obviously working for me".

Odd and frustrating that people feel the need to tell you to change what you're doing WHEN IT'S WORKING!!

Any of you ever heard of it?
I just read up about it a little. You know what I would do when someone does that to you. I would say I am proud of you for finding a diet plan that is working for you, please be excited for me that I also have found a diet plan that works for me...
also here is a review of the plan... doesn't sound too good to me. but it is a young company yet.

http://darrenlittle.com/visalus-review/
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 06:21 PM   #71  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
ItsAboutTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,530

Height: 5'4"

Default

Is it dumb to do a phase 2 day the day before my weigh in? I'm planning on having a chicken breast with my broccoli instead of a shake with broccoli. I should be just fine shouldn't I? I want to see if I'm as hungry about 3:30-4:00 when I add the "real" protein vs the shake. I've been starving and having to eat my bar at this time almost everyday. I don't plan on moving to phase 2 for good, just want to throw one in here and there. (Along with the weekends if that goes ok.) Would you do it or just wait and try it Thursday after I've weighed in?
ItsAboutTime is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 06:31 PM   #72  
Senior Member
 
DollFaceBella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 178

Height: 5'6"

Default

Guess who is a big loser.....
ME!!!!!!!!!!
And I couldn't be happier! 159.2 for a total of 47.8 lbs and 55 1/4".....
Finally a WI I can smile about!
Thanks for listening to me whine guys, I appreciate it!
DollFaceBella is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #73  
Started IP 7/7/2010
 
Marionm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Marion, IA
Posts: 608

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Is it dumb to do a phase 2 day the day before my weigh in? I'm planning on having a chicken breast with my broccoli instead of a shake with broccoli. I should be just fine shouldn't I? I want to see if I'm as hungry about 3:30-4:00 when I add the "real" protein vs the shake. I've been starving and having to eat my bar at this time almost everyday. I don't plan on moving to phase 2 for good, just want to throw one in here and there. (Along with the weekends if that goes ok.) Would you do it or just wait and try it Thursday after I've weighed in?
I don't think it's dumb. I do it when I need to. (Last time through)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
Guess who is a big loser.....
ME!!!!!!!!!!
And I couldn't be happier! 159.2 for a total of 47.8 lbs and 55 1/4".....
Finally a WI I can smile about!
Thanks for listening to me whine guys, I appreciate it!
Congratulations on the milestone!
Marionm is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #74  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
ItsAboutTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,530

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
Guess who is a big loser.....
ME!!!!!!!!!!
And I couldn't be happier! 159.2 for a total of 47.8 lbs and 55 1/4".....
Finally a WI I can smile about!
Thanks for listening to me whine guys, I appreciate it!
Woohoo! You made it to the 150s!
ItsAboutTime is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 06:50 PM   #75  
Started IP April 27, 2011
 
wuv2bloved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,110

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default

Ok for the record, I did not start success 100% thread to cause anyone no grief. I just wanted the newbies to see that the program works. I know each of us does as our coaches say and add things here and there. So as long as my coach says it is allowed (FOR ME) I consider that me being on plan 100%. At one time there were a lot saying they cheated and gained or still lost, I just wanted the newbies to see that IF you still to the program it works.

As far as me saying this thread isn't for me, let me explain what I meant. Y'all are way ahead of me and at the end of your journey as far as reaching your goal. I am in the middle, middle. Y'all are in the middle of phasing off and getting to maintenance. I am no longer a newbie but I am not yet experienced to talk about the other phases. I still have 98lbs to go before that comes for me to worry about. Y'all will all be long in maintenance before I even reach my goal. I am probably the one if not the ONLY one that has to lose close to 200lbs so I guess I am kinda a loner cuz I will be on the program longer than anyone meaning in phase one.

As far as answering the questions over and over, I don't mind. Helping someone else is helping me. I have the time and I don't mind doing it. If I can find something quicker for someone, I don't mind helping or if I know the exact area for it to be found I will point it out.

This is going to be a long journey for me, Some people may say I am over stepping by answering to so many of the threads but this is who I am. I like helping others. I am sorry if I offended anyone because that is not what any of my post have wanted to do. I consider each and everyone of you a friend that has helped me through my journey in one way or the other. Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to set the record straight...thanks..Lisa
wuv2bloved is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.