Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #196  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Not having a "skinny" day and I don't understand why (not)!
I'm feeling like a ton of bricks myself today
Old 11-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #197  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs down Winter is coming

Good morning everyone.... not a skinny day for me either...

So rushed to WI last night and coach wasn't expecting me as she "forgot" to write in her book last week that I was coming for 5... she had other clients in with her... On a day when I wanted to rush home and walk the dogs and get ready for Trick or treat, kind of annoyed me... then going into the office and she asks me, so what phase did you do last week? I said Phase 2 oh right that is what I thought... and I am thinking to myself, isn't it your JOB to know where your clients are? I know I am just B*tchy because TOM but REALLY... anyways I was up 2 lbs again... so I said so what are we doing this week (meaning ME) she goes well you can go to phase 3 or stay on phase 2 or go to phase 1 as you should be still losing weight but HQ doesn't know why you aren't so maybe you are just at the weight you are suppose to be. Then she proceeds to tell me her mom to lose her weight went on a RAW diet and that maybe I should try that.. The one where you just eat veggies and fruit... hmmmm I am not finished phasing out yet and you want me to try another diet... okay so I am REALLY REALLY Witchy now...So I decided to stay on phase 2 for one more week, and then it will give me time to shop for phase 3 food and get over TOM so hopefully I will be back at 148 next week. Got to say it was a little discouraging but I am sticking it out.
Now for the rest of the story....

I rushed home and the dogs and I quickly went to the off leash for 1/2 hour, then home and as I was setting up the pumpkins and the lights I heard Rebel (new nickname is Rebelector) was playing with something. I turned around and here she has this plastic skull in her mouth and she is throwing it up in the air and playing with it... It just made me laugh... tried to get a picture but she was moving around so fast it was hard... so I take it away from her and back she goes to get it... I have 2 skulls some leg bones and two hands and she is skullking around trying to steal something to play with... and here comes my first kid... really people it wasn't even 6 yet. Finally got ready and back in the house after removing the skull from Rebelectors mouth and in to feed the animals and start on my veg. Well I didn't finish putting supper in the over until almost 730 as I kept getting interupted... very late supper, but got a peanut butter bar for my night snack after handing out chips and chocolate bars all night. There was some really cute kids and Rebelector was a hit with the kids everyone wanted to pet her.

This morning was just beautiful but a warning that winter is on its way. I walk my dogs around 445 every morning, today the northern lights were just beautiful all dancing around the sky. I just wanted to go back home and curl up on the couch and cuddle with the dogs, who I had to wake up this morning for our walk...

Have a great day all , and I am so looking forward to next week's breakfast. I will definately start next tuesday...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg skull1.jpg (14.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 11-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #198  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post

So rushed to WI last night and coach wasn't expecting me as she "forgot" to write in her book last week that I was coming for 5... she had other clients in with her... On a day when I wanted to rush home and walk the dogs and get ready for Trick or treat, kind of annoyed me... then going into the office and she asks me, so what phase did you do last week? I said Phase 2 oh right that is what I thought... and I am thinking to myself, isn't it your JOB to know where your clients are? I know I am just B*tchy because TOM but REALLY... anyways I was up 2 lbs again... so I said so what are we doing this week (meaning ME) she goes well you can go to phase 3 or stay on phase 2 or go to phase 1 as you should be still losing weight but HQ doesn't know why you aren't so maybe you are just at the weight you are suppose to be. Then she proceeds to tell me her mom to lose her weight went on a RAW diet and that maybe I should try that.. The one where you just eat veggies and fruit... hmmmm I am not finished phasing out yet and you want me to try another diet... okay so I am REALLY REALLY Witchy now...So I decided to stay on phase 2 for one more week, and then it will give me time to shop for phase 3 food and get over TOM so hopefully I will be back at 148 next week. Got to say it was a little discouraging but I am sticking it out.

I rushed home and the dogs and I quickly went to the off leash for 1/2 hour, then home and as I was setting up the pumpkins and the lights I heard Rebel (new nickname is Rebelector) was playing with something. I turned around and here she has this plastic skull in her mouth and she is throwing it up in the air and playing with it... It just made me laugh... tried to get a picture but she was moving around so fast it was hard... so I take it away from her and back she goes to get it... I have 2 skulls some leg bones and two hands and she is skullking around trying to steal something to play with... and here comes my first kid... really people it wasn't even 6 yet. Finally got ready and back in the house after removing the skull from Rebelectors mouth and in to feed the animals and start on my veg. Well I didn't finish putting supper in the over until almost 730 as I kept getting interupted... very late supper, but got a peanut butter bar for my night snack after handing out chips and chocolate bars all night. There was some really cute kids and Rebelector was a hit with the kids everyone wanted to pet her.

This morning was just beautiful but a warning that winter is on its way. I walk my dogs around 445 every morning, today the northern lights were just beautiful all dancing around the sky. I just wanted to go back home and curl up on the couch and cuddle with the dogs, who I had to wake up this morning for our walk...

Have a great day all , and I am so looking forward to next week's breakfast. I will definately start next tuesday...
Not that I'm happy for any of us to not be having a skinny day....just glad I'm not alone!

2Ride....I hate to say this and I think you most likely know already.......you are on your own now. The fact that your coach is giving you erroneous misguided information would be a sign to me that it's time to follow my instincts. Honestly, what do you feel is best for you at this point? Personally, I would phase out. You have done a remarkable job with this program and for a very long time now, you have been nourishing your body with an unbalanced approach. Maybe its time to "level out" and let things settle. I'm saying this becasue it is exactly what I am considering. I think my body has found a happy place and even though it's not a mental happy place for me, I need to accept this for the time being. The more I come to terms with this, the more I feel that burden lifting off my shoulders. I'm currently scouting new workout facilities in my area...considering that route with a maintenance diet to help tone my loose skin and get rid of my tummy. IP has gotten me to a place where losing the last of my weight does not seem like such an overwhelming task. Reading all these struggles and feeling all the stress through this computer.....I know I'm not alone but the task ahead does seem so daunting and I'm not liking that feeling at all.

Not meaning to be a Negative Nelly...just expressing my thoughts to people who actually understand where I'm coming from. Last night I had pizza and chocolate "shoved" into my face (no, didn't touch it) and heard way too many comments, good and bad. Even though I know the bad comments are being made by people who are attempting to justify their own horrible diets, it still gets to me! Perhaps that where my mindset is today. I let the b*****ds get to me.....grrrrrr

Oh...on a more positive note! Seeing the Northern Lights is on my bucket list!!!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #199  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Not that I'm happy for any of us to not be having a skinny day....just glad I'm not alone!

2Ride....I hate to say this and I think you most likely know already.......you are on your own now. The fact that your coach is giving you erroneous misguided information would be a sign to me that it's time to follow my instincts. Honestly, what do you feel is best for you at this point? Personally, I would phase out. You have done a remarkable job with this program and for a very long time now, you have been nourishing your body with an unbalanced approach. Maybe its time to "level out" and let things settle. I'm saying this becasue it is exactly what I am considering. I think my body has found a happy place and even though it's not a mental happy place for me, I need to accept this for the time being. The more I come to terms with this, the more I feel that burden lifting off my shoulders. I'm currently scouting new workout facilities in my area...considering that route with a maintenance diet to help tone my loose skin and get rid of my tummy. IP has gotten me to a place where losing the last of my weight does not seem like such an overwhelming task. Reading all these struggles and feeling all the stress through this computer.....I know I'm not alone but the task ahead does seem so daunting and I'm not liking that feeling at all.

Not meaning to be a Negative Nelly...just expressing my thoughts to people who actually understand where I'm coming from. Last night I had pizza and chocolate "shoved" into my face (no, didn't touch it) and heard way too many comments, good and bad. Even though I know the bad comments are being made by people who are attempting to justify their own horrible diets, it still gets to me! Perhaps that where my mindset is today. I let the b*****ds get to me.....grrrrrr

Oh...on a more positive note! Seeing the Northern Lights is on my bucket list!!!!!
I am with you... I know it is time to phase off I was so looking forward to it last week and she said oh just continue with phase 2... so I will be going to phase 3 and I have done great and it is time. I actually miss my old coach as she was more helpful than I thought. The other thing is this one is only there mondays or fridays so it is hard to get in to see her sometimes. I look forward to doing phase 3 with you my friend.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #200  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:

2Ride you have done so well in your weight loss and to stick with it for over 9 months and now with all the troubles you are having at the end, you are so strong.Your progress pictures show all your hard work and determination, I really like the photo of you in the wranglers.
I have been having problems with up and down weight loss/gains for the last 6 weeks and follow 100%, I am always looking for your posts to see what is helping you. Thanks for all your posts,you have been a help all along the way for me, and I enjoy and look forward to them, and I also really enjoy reading about you and your dogs. We lost our border collie 2 years ago, I really miss him, and when I see your profile picture with your dogs it reminds me of him.
Good luck with the rest of your journey.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #201  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011weightbegone View Post
2Ride you have done so well in your weight loss and to stick with it for over 9 months and now with all the troubles you are having at the end, you are so strong.Your progress pictures show all your hard work and determination, I really like the photo of you in the wranglers.
I have been having problems with up and down weight loss/gains for the last 6 weeks and follow 100%, I am always looking for your posts to see what is helping you. Thanks for all your posts,you have been a help all along the way for me, and I enjoy and look forward to them, and I also really enjoy reading about you and your dogs. We lost our border collie 2 years ago, I really miss him, and when I see your profile picture with your dogs it reminds me of him.
Good luck with the rest of your journey.
Awe thanks, brought tears to my eyes as soon it will be Jewel's turn to cross the Rainbow Bridge...

I think the biggest thing that I have to wrap around my brain is I haven't met my goal but SO WHAT! I have lost 93lbs (depending on the day today 91lbs) and I am a lot healthier because of it and I won't let a number on the scale defeat me. I will workout (something I don't really like) and I will lose the loose skin and I will maintain until the cows come home... wait long after the cows come home.
This Forum has been great support and I am happy being a contributing member. Thanks have a great day.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #202  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:

Cat I totally understand where you are coming from. When I read your post, I felt as if it was me writing it, thanks for posting it. I am also wondering if I have stalled out and maybe need to change up my diet for awhile. The mind has so much control over our body and I know my mind set is way off this past while.
I also am having an off day (my weight is going up every day this week). I also have to start staying off the scale daily. Last week I finally lost 3 pounds after having a no loss, a .5 loss, and a +.5 gain for the previous 3 weeks, and all this time being 100% on plan.I never have had the big looses like some do. I think the inches are going down, but I get my mind wrapped around the number on the scale and can't seem to see the NSV of inches lost some days. On November 14 it will be 6 months for me on IP, I originally had hoped to be in maintenance by now.
My DH, who started IP at the same time as me has lost his 50 pounds and is in maintenance. At first it didn't bother me cooking and planning his meals, grocery shopping for his foods etc. It is getting harder I think though, I am following protocol 100 %, not cheating and not loosing, I think this may also be setting my mind off too about the weight loss. Me being in phase 1, (started phase 2 yesterday) and trying to plan his meals and smell that food is getting harder every day. I know lots have had to make their families meals all along the way, but we started this journey together so I guess maybe it is also a bit of jealousy that he has made it to maintenance and I am still trying to loose.
I am going to try phase 2 for 2 weeks and see how it goes, if I don't see results then I am going to try next phase and go from there. I miss my exercising and have been scared to do it because they say you gain muscle so you gain weight. I bought a zumba wii and a pilates starter kit, I think I will be starting them soon. I really need to get rid of the lose belly skin, I live in the country so unfortunately no gym for me.
Sorry for all the venting, but thanks for posting your feelings today, it really made me look at my own feelings and help me make some new decisions about what to do. And as you said, we know we are not alone in this, we'll all stick together and help each other.IP is a great program and I am not quitting, I'm just going to try the other phases to see if I can kickstart the weight loss again. My Dr. would like me at 170 and it is just going to take longer than I originally planned to get there. I have never had the success on other programs as I have had on IP.
Good luck to you

Last edited by grannyto2bear; 11-01-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #203  

Height: 5'4"

2Ride: I'd start phase 3. You have come so far. I'm with you though. I'm bouncing between 12-14 pounds from goal so I keep thinking, why don't I just phase off now? Then I have days where I'm so not happy with where I am and want to be back in phase 1 so I can lose more before moving on. I just don't think I know what I want right now. I know I'm not happy with my weight but maybe I need to phase off and start over again later. But then I see how others struggle when doing that. I just think it's mainly because I'm up and I'm upset about it. One off track day really messed with me. I know it's a no cheat diet, I've known that all along. I've seen others do it and be just fine so I'm not happy it's taking me all week to shed the weight. And it wasn't even something I ate! I had a couple beers! So, learn from me, don't do it. I've been having a hard time with the scale this week knowing it was my own darn fault. I even did a phase 1 day today to see if I can jump start the loss again. Ugh, it's so hard to know what to do.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #204  

Oh, and if I want to start doing some crunches on my ball and stuff to tone the tummy that should be ok at this point shouldn't it? I don't want to add another packet and I won't be doing anything major, just the ab exercises for now.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #205  
aka CAT

Quote:
Awe thanks, brought tears to my eyes as soon it will be Jewel's turn to cross the Rainbow Bridge...

I think the biggest thing that I have to wrap around my brain is I haven't met my goal but SO WHAT! I have lost 93lbs (depending on the day today 91lbs) and I am a lot healthier because of it and I won't let a number on the scale defeat me. I will workout (something I don't really like) and I will lose the loose skin and I will maintain until the cows come home... wait long after the cows come home.
This Forum has been great support and I am happy being a contributing member. Thanks have a great day.
Girl....I "heard" that weight droping off your shoulders while reading this. I know you have to feel so much better!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011weightbegone View Post
Cat I totally understand where you are coming from. When I read your post, I felt as if it was me writing it, thanks for posting it. I am also wondering if I have stalled out and maybe need to change up my diet for awhile. The mind has so much control over our body and I know my mind set is way off this past while.
I also am having an off day (my weight is going up every day this week). I also have to start staying off the scale daily. Last week I finally lost 3 pounds after having a no loss, a .5 loss, and a +.5 gain for the previous 3 weeks, and all this time being 100% on plan.I never have had the big looses like some do. I think the inches are going down, but I get my mind wrapped around the number on the scale and can't seem to see the NSV of inches lost some days. On November 14 it will be 6 months for me on IP, I originally had hoped to be in maintenance by now.
My DH, who started IP at the same time as me has lost his 50 pounds and is in maintenance. At first it didn't bother me cooking and planning his meals, grocery shopping for his foods etc. It is getting harder I think though, I am following protocol 100 %, not cheating and not loosing, I think this may also be setting my mind off too about the weight loss. Me being in phase 1, (started phase 2 yesterday) and trying to plan his meals and smell that food is getting harder every day. I know lots have had to make their families meals all along the way, but we started this journey together so I guess maybe it is also a bit of jealousy that he has made it to maintenance and I am still trying to loose.
I am going to try phase 2 for 2 weeks and see how it goes, if I don't see results then I am going to try next phase and go from there. I miss my exercising and have been scared to do it because they say you gain muscle so you gain weight. I bought a zumba wii and a pilates starter kit, I think I will be starting them soon. I really need to get rid of the lose belly skin, I live in the country so unfortunately no gym for me.
Sorry for all the venting, but thanks for posting your feelings today, it really made me look at my own feelings and help me make some new decisions about what to do. And as you said, we know we are not alone in this, we'll all stick together and help each other.IP is a great program and I am not quitting, I'm just going to try the other phases to see if I can kickstart the weight loss again. My Dr. would like me at 170 and it is just going to take longer than I originally planned to get there. I have never had the success on other programs as I have had on IP.
Good luck to you
I am so happy I am able to express myself and even happier that that it all makes sense to someone other than myself. Thank you for letting me know that and helping me to justify my decisions.

Do we not all see we are all so close to the end of our weight loss journeys, experiencing the same issues and struggling with which direction we should head towards? For most of us......what we've been doing is no longer working for us. I am so very jealous of those who have swooshed on through the program without obstacles. My coach sends out "success story" emails. One thing that stands out the most is that while all the dieters have completed all phases of the program, they have been OP for a short period of time (6 weeks or so) with goals of 20 to 30 pounds (or even less). Other than me, I have yet to see one who has lost 50 pounds. Really folks.....what do you read into that?

Look at all of us here in this particular group.....look how SUCCESSFUL we are......and look at us struggling and beating ourselves up for what?...a number we set in our head? At 5'-10, I need to get to 170 just so I will be at the upper end of a healthy BMI. But at what price am I willing to pay, mentally and physically to get there? Will I really be "healthier" than I am at this very moment?

Wow...I am really on my soapbox today. Guess I need to relieve this stress and at the same time, justify my decision. I am hoping Phase 2 helps me lose a few more pounds before I head into Phase 3. If not.....oh well. It's not because I didn't try and give it all I have. Maybe venting and "purging the negativity" will make the scale move down too!

Thanks for listening and if this helps anyone else.......I am so very proud to have done so. We should all be so proud of one another!
Old 11-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #206  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Oh, and if I want to start doing some crunches on my ball and stuff to tone the tummy that should be ok at this point shouldn't it? I don't want to add another packet and I won't be doing anything major, just the ab exercises for now.
I only added protein when I did a cardiovascular/stenuous exercise....anything that got your heart rate elevated, produced a sweat or was done over an extended period of time. I would put crunches in the same category as stretching. While you might get a bit winded, I'm sure you wouldn't spend much more than 10-15 minutes at it....and surely not non-stop. Stretching and toning is all good especially at this stage of the game.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #207  

Quote:
I only added protein when I did a cardiovascular/stenuous exercise....anything that got your heart rate elevated, produced a sweat or was done over an extended period of time. I would put crunches in the same category as stretching. While you might get a bit winded, I'm sure you wouldn't spend much more than 10-15 minutes at it....and surely not non-stop. Stretching and toning is all good especially at this stage of the game.
That's what I figured. Thanks! I will start doing that.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
I am with you... I know it is time to phase off I was so looking forward to it last week and she said oh just continue with phase 2... so I will be going to phase 3 and I have done great and it is time. I actually miss my old coach as she was more helpful than I thought. The other thing is this one is only there mondays or fridays so it is hard to get in to see her sometimes. I look forward to doing phase 3 with you my friend.
well I'll bit my tongue and not ask which quadrant of the city that clinic is in. But I sure wouldn't pass over another cent.

Advising you to go on the raw diet after you have been following IP for more than 10 months????? You'd have been better off if you spent that time at home playing with the skull with that cute little doggie.

You are making a good decision to phase out now. That gives you a chance to stabalish over the coming moths and if in January you decide you want to have another kick at those few pounds your body will have a break and be ready to go at it again.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

As for the exercise, my coach said that the "ban" was really only for the first two weeks. After that if you were walking etc before you can start that up again. But really strenuous exercise should be avoided.

As for stalling I have not been on the plan nearly as long as many of you and my losses have been slow but I am approaching my last 10 pounds. I have actually lost better the past few days than I had for most other weeks. I think it was because I read we can have up to 8 ounces of protein at the "regular" meal. I realized I probably wasn't getting more than 4 ounces because i wasn't measuring and the mindset I had from other diets is that less is more. But I upped the protein at the nonIP meal and it seems to be making a difference already
Old 11-01-2011, 06:28 PM   #210  

Height: 5'6"

I was up a little bit today at WI but I expected it because I feel like crud today. I was however down 1 3/4" including another inch off the mommy muscle so all in all not a bad week. We decided to start Phase 2 tomorrow. TBH my goal is/was 160 I just really "needed" a cushion but even when I start working out, I may gain weight but I won't gain size so my ego will have to be content with that.
Closed Thread