Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #151  

Height: 5'4"

Had my first phase 2 lunch today. It felt weird to be honest. I really wanted mt hot shake when I got to my desk. I don't feel any more full or anything so we will see if I'm still starving at 3:30 like I have been lately.

Tonight is my hubby's 30th bday party. I have been stressing over this darn thing for days so I can't wait to just relax with friends and enjoy the night.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:46 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Had my first phase 2 lunch today. It felt weird to be honest. I really wanted mt hot shake when I got to my desk. I don't feel any more full or anything so we will see if I'm still starving at 3:30 like I have been lately.

Tonight is my hubby's 30th bday party. I have been stressing over this darn thing for days so I can't wait to just relax with friends and enjoy the night.
I do some phase two days from time to time. I actually really enjoy eating the meat protein to the products but it certainly does take some getting used to. I hope it helps to jump start some weight loss for you again. Good luck tonight. You will do great!

As for me, the cleanse still seems to be going well. No adverse affects and I have lost a lb (really it is 4.5 lbs but the first 3.5 don't count since they were pounds I gained during my cheat). I am hoping that the lbs keep dropping but with my luck, I will probably stall instead.

I am MORE than ready for the 130's to get here. I feel like I have been stuck in the 140's for an exorbitant amount of time. EXORBITANT! I am hoping to be to goal by the beginning of January but the way my body moves that may not be possible. I am tentatively hopeful that it will happen for me.

I have to phase off starting at the beginning of January because I am moving to South Korea in February. I need the full month of January in order to phase off properly so I am keeping my fingers crossed that this weight comes off! Just twenty to twenty five more pounds!
Old 10-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Good morning everyone.

I had a great night, I ran home after work took the dogs for a walk ran home and ate then off to agility practice, where Rebel (Red Dog) was the star of the show and did everything the instructor wanted us to do... I think it helped that I tired her out in the walk and 1/2 hour practice (as she wasn't listening to me in practice) first.. then came home and both dogs slept pretty well, Jewel only woke me up at 130 and 3:00 for bathroom breaks, then got to sleep into the alarm at 5... going to be another busy day at work, dealing with blackberries that aren't working and fixing issues... have a great day all.

Jenny - I am hoping my last 10 would get rid of my waist nothing yet, but the good news an inch from my hips and 1/2 from my thigh... so it is still working and that is what counts.
Isn't it funny how we all lose so differently? My waist was literally dropping an inch every month in the beginning. I went from 31" waist to a 28" waist in 8 weeks! But my hips and thighs have been very slow moving, but now I am barely losing anything in my waist and my hips and thighs are picking up steam. I am a classic pear with a little bit of hourglass thrown in. I definitely carry my weight in my lower half.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:56 AM   #154  

Good morning all! I have had 3 bad days of eating "extra" restricted products each day and so I thought I'd better face the music and get on the scale. I LOST WEIGHT!!! Maybe it will catch up with me, I don't know, but it does give me the motivation to keep on going with IP Phase 2 which I will start today. My coach gave me the ok to start it and so I am going to put some chicken in the crockpot to cook. When I come back from my stamping class I will have a chicken breast, salad, and asparagus for lunch. I will miss my little pudding zuchinni muffins but I can make those tonight for my snack.

Have a great Saturday.

Last edited by sandyh50; 10-29-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #155  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning all! I have had 3 bad days of eating "extra" restricted products each day and so I thought I'd better face the music and get on the scale. I LOST WEIGHT!!! Maybe it will catch up with me, I don't know, but it does give me the motivation to keep on going with IP Phase 2 which I will start today. My coach gave me the ok to start it and so I am going to put some chicken in the crockpot to cook. When I come back from my stamping class I will have a chicken breast, salad, and asparagus for lunch. I will miss my little pudding zuchinni muffins but I can make those tonight for my snack.

Have a great Saturday.
I think sometimes our bodies need a little something different. It's probably why you were craving them in the first place. Congrats! (but don't let it get out of control).
Old 10-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:

Have a great Saturday.
Excellent!!! I saw that happen with several people on here, your body need a little jolt.
If you can lose during the exhaustion of end of term and all the extra demands the job puts on you then you will do great long term. At least in my school board we have 3, not 4 terms. I used to have 4 terms way back and that was horrific.

Did you have your conference weekend yet? About 5 years ago I drove to Billings for the Rocky Mountain section of the IRA conference. There were so many different conferences going on, it was packed with teachers.
I had not lived in Alberta long then and didn't realize how far a drive it was. Too much Alberta between me and the border and too much Montana between the border and Billings. It was a weekend with extreme wind warnings, so that made it interesting. I definitely want to go make to Montana when if have more time, not just the time you get to go to a conference.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:00 PM   #157  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Excellent!!! I saw that happen with several people on here, your body need a little jolt.
If you can lose during the exhaustion of end of term and all the extra demands the job puts on you then you will do great long term. At least in my school board we have 3, not 4 terms. I used to have 4 terms way back and that was horrific.

Did you have your conference weekend yet? About 5 years ago I drove to Billings for the Rocky Mountain section of the IRA conference. There were so many different conferences going on, it was packed with teachers.
I had not lived in Alberta long then and didn't realize how far a drive it was. Too much Alberta between me and the border and too much Montana between the border and Billings. It was a weekend with extreme wind warnings, so that made it interesting. I definitely want to go make to Montana when if have more time, not just the time you get to go to a conference.
Yes, we had our convention last week and the big one was in Missoula, clear over on the other side of the state. It is 280 miles for me to drive south to Billings, I am waaaay closer to Canada (50 miles). I actually just had to do one day of workshops as I attended one this summer that they counted as it had to do with our new math curriculum.

Last edited by sandyh50; 10-29-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:58 PM   #158  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

ItsAboutTime....I read this in another thread with weight loss support posted by Buttercup 85 and I thought of you ...sorry its kinda long but it makes sense

Why The Scale Lies...

We've been told over an over again that daily weighing is unnecessary, yet many of us can't resist peeking at that number every morning. If you just can't bring yourself to toss the scale in the trash, you should definitely familiarize yourself with the scale.

A single teaspoon of salt contains over 2,000 mg of sodium. Generally, we should only eat between 1,000 and 3,000 mg of sodium a day, so it's easy to go overboard. Sodium is a sneaky substance. You would expect it to be most highly concentrated in salty chips, nuts, and crackers. However, a food doesn't have to taste salty to be loaded with sodium. A half cup of instant pudding actually contains nearly four times as much sodium as an ounce of salted nuts, 460 mg in the pudding versus 123 mg in the nuts. The more highly processed a food is, the more likely it is to have a high sodium content.

That's why, when it comes to eating, it's wise to stick mainly to the basics: fruits, vegetables, lean meat, beans, and whole grains. Be sure to read the labels on canned foods, boxed mixes, and frozen dinners. Women may also retain several pounds of water prior to menstruation. This is very common and the weight will likely disappear as quickly as it arrives. Pre-menstrual water-weight gain can be minimized by drinking plenty of water, maintaining an exercise program, and keeping high-sodium processed foods to a minimum.

Another factor that can influence the scale is glycogen. Think of glycogen as a fuel tank full of stored carbohydrate. Some glycogen is stored in the liver and some is stored the muscles themselves. This energy reserve weighs more than a pound and it's packaged with 3-4 pounds of water when it's stored. Your glycogen supply will shrink during the day if you fail to take in enough carbohydrates. As the glycogen supply shrinks you will experience a small imperceptible increase in appetite and your body will restore this fuel reserve along with it's associated water. It's normal to experience glycogen and water weight shifts of up to 2 pounds per day even with no changes in your calorie intake or activity level. These fluctuations have nothing to do with fat loss, although they can make for some unnecessarily dramatic weigh-ins if you're prone to obsessing over the number on the scale.

Otherwise rational people also tend to forget about the actual weight of the food they eat. For this reason, it's wise to weigh yourself first thing in the morning before you've had anything to eat or drink. Swallowing a bunch of food before you step on the scale is no different than putting a bunch of rocks in your pocket. The 5 pounds that you gain right after a huge dinner is not fat. It's the actual weight of everything you've had to eat and drink. The added weight of the meal will be gone several hours later when you've finished digesting it.

Exercise physiologists tell us that in order to store one pound of fat, you need to eat 3,500 calories more than your body is able to burn. In other words, to actually store the above dinner as 5 pounds of fat, it would have to contain a whopping 17,500 calories. This is not likely, in fact it's not humanly possible. So when the scale goes up 3 or 4 pounds overnight, rest easy, it's likely to be water, glycogen, and the weight of your dinner. Keep in mind that the 3,500 calorie rule works in reverse also. In order to lose one pound of fat you need to burn 3,500 calories more than you take in. Generally, it's only possible to lose 1-2 pounds of fat per week. When you follow a very low calorie diet that causes your weight to drop 10 pounds in 7 days, it's physically impossible for all of that to be fat. What you're really losing is water, glycogen, and muscle.

This brings us to the scale's sneakiest attribute. It doesn't just weigh fat. It weighs muscle, bone, water, internal organs and all. When you lose "weight," that doesn't necessarily mean that you've lost fat. In fact, the scale has no way of telling you what you've lost (or gained). Losing muscle is nothing to celebrate. Muscle is a metabolically active tissue. The more muscle you have the more calories your body burns, even when you're just sitting around. That's one reason why a fit, active person is able to eat considerably more food than the dieter who is unwittingly destroying muscle tissue.

Robin Landis, author of "Body Fueling," compares fat and muscles to feathers and gold. One pound of fat is like a big fluffy, lumpy bunch of feathers, and one pound of muscle is small and valuable like a piece of gold. Obviously, you want to lose the dumpy, bulky feathers and keep the sleek beautiful gold. The problem with the scale is that it doesn't differentiate between the two. It can't tell you how much of your total body weight is lean tissue and how much is fat. There are several other measuring techniques that can accomplish this, although they vary in convenience, accuracy, and cost. Skin-fold calipers pinch and measure fat folds at various locations on the body, hydrostatic (or underwater) weighing involves exhaling all of the air from your lungs before being lowered into a tank of water, and bioelectrical impedance measures the degree to which your body fat impedes a mild electrical current. If the thought of being pinched, dunked, or gently zapped just doesn't appeal to you, don't worry. The best measurement tool of all turns out to be your very own eyes. How do you look? How do you feel? How do your clothes fit? Are your rings looser? Do your muscles feel firmer? These are the true measurements of success. If you are exercising and eating right, don't be discouraged by a small gain on the scale. Fluctuations are perfectly normal. Expect them to happen and take them in stride. It's a matter of mind over scale.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #159  

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Lisa! It's always nice to remind myself of these things.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:10 PM   #160  

Had my first Phase 2 day. I can't believe that I wasn't hungry at 3 pm!! Now I am making my butterscotch pudding muffins for my snack. I am thinking I like phase 2!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:22 PM   #161  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

First Phase 2 today as well. Other than beginning the program in the first place, moving to this phase NOW will most likely be the next best decision I've made on IP. Pressure to lose weight is off my shoulders. Watch the last of this weight just fall off! Scale this AM had not moved in over a week and I will not step on the scale till next Sat.

Shopping yesterday and am still tickled pink for having to ask the sales clerk numerous times to please bring me a smaller size.

Wishing all the best and a little extra for those who've made the switch as well. I am so ready to be done!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:25 PM   #162  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
First Phase 2 today as well. Other than beginning the program in the first place, moving to this phase NOW will most likely be the next best decision I've made on IP. Pressure to lose weight is off my shoulders. Watch the last of this weight just fall off! Scale this AM had not moved in over a week and I will not step on the scale till next Sat.

Shopping yesterday and am still tickled pink for having to ask the sales clerk numerous times to please bring me a smaller size.

Wishing all the best and a little extra for those who've made the switch as well. I am so ready to be done!
CAT, are you going to do phase 2 for 2 weeks and then go to phase 3?
Old 10-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #163  
aka CAT

Quote:
CAT, are you going to do phase 2 for 2 weeks and then go to phase 3?
Sandy, I haven't decided just yet. I want to see how well my body reacts to the switch in protein. I've been "starving" for quite a few weeks now and I think I've reached a point where Phase 2 is necessary for continued weight loss. If I was closer to goal I think I would go ahead and phase completely off. If I lose no weight this next week, there is a strong possibility that I will completely phase off and then go back to the gym. My normal diet was a cross between Phase 2 and 3. I'll just live in maintenance, seriously watch the carbs ALWAYS and exercise a little more strenuosly.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:39 PM   #164  
aka CAT

Lisa...great article. I hope you posted it for the newbies. People need to read this on a daily basis!!!!!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:42 PM   #165  

I was one of those that exercised extensively until a year ago when I started experiencing excruciating pain in my right knee. I finally went to the doctor and was told #1. to lose some weight #2. get a cortisone shot #3 get a knee replacement. So I am losing the weight, the cortisone shot didn't help much, and I am still having pain. So by next summer I will make a decision to have the knee replacement. I just don't want to do it during school. I miss my 15,000 steps I walked every day plus working out to dvd's after school with colleagues!
Closed Thread