Old 11-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'9

Default Veggies!!!

I recently restarted IP after being off of it for a year. I have always had a problem with veggies but now it seems like I just cant get any down. The only veggies I can seem to handle are cucumbers with vinegar.. I was wondering if there were any ways that you guys have found to get your veggies in.. I just hate veggies!!
Steph547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Steam them and throw them into soup, add veggies to your omelet mix, add spinach to your lettuce salad as it counts towards your 4 cups.

Other things you can try once in awhile - use salsa as it
counts towards veggies, so do pickles
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:37 PM   #3  

Height: 5'0"

This is too funny to me. As a vegetarian, I don't see how you can get the meat in!! So, I do appreciate your dilemma. I am roasting cauliflower in the oven right now. Roasting veggies changes their entire taste. I like my cucumbers in tamari (a wheat-free soy sauce), or diced very small and put into salads. The roasted vegetables are great pureed and made into creamed soups. Add them to the leek, mushroom, or chicken IP soup. Hope you are able to find something you like.
shelly ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:38 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph547 View Post
I recently restarted IP after being off of it for a year. I have always had a problem with veggies but now it seems like I just cant get any down. The only veggies I can seem to handle are cucumbers with vinegar.. I was wondering if there were any ways that you guys have found to get your veggies in.. I just hate veggies!!
I'm not a veggie hater so I'm not sure if this will be much help, but I REALLY dig my veggies when I add a bit of this dressing to them. I was given this recipe from my Dr., who is the person who told me about IP and is on it herself, so I'm guessing this is a legal dressing. You just have to be very careful on the amount you use. Anyway, I put it on my steamed veggies and yum...

1/2 Cup Splenda

2 Tbs Sesame Seeds

1 Tbs Poppy seeds

1 1/2 tsp minced onions

1/4 tsp worchestershire sauce

1/4 tsp paprika

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar

1/2 cup oil.

Mix all together

I also found sauteing veggies with the Herb and Cheese Omelet good. Hope it helps.

Last edited by 2Poles1Girl; 11-19-2011 at 09:39 PM.
2Poles1Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'9

Thank you all I tried the kale chips tonight and I love them so that should help as well. I will definitely try roasting some veggies and using that dressing I did not know we could have pickles!!! I love pickles! :P
Steph547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 231.6/ticker/150

Height: 5"5

Steaming my spinach helps-much smaller portion. Also was thinking of putting it in the blender with IP shake. I grate zucchini and mix it with ground chicken and make it into patties/makes for a moist pattie. Cabbage can be used same way.
dashenka is offline   Reply With Quote