Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 08:04 AM   #196  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Ladies, I am thinking of phasing off on April 1st no matter what. I would like to start a challenge from now until then. (I have my cruise so that will be a 2-week wash, but oh well...one for cruise...one for recovery).

I just will be at the 7 month mark and I think I will need a break. Is anyone else interested in something like this. I know many of us are struggling with finishing. I plan to be perfect everyday but the cruise and March 25 (wine tour in the Finger Lakes). I hope to be at least 10 pounds below my original goal, but about 10 above my ultimate goal. Maybe I will tackle that next September when things are kind of boring.

I will make us a chart so if you are interested write yourself in and your goal.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CNKPk7UC
Old 02-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Ladies, I am thinking of phasing off on April 1st no matter what. I would like to start a challenge from now until then. (I have my cruise so that will be a 2-week wash, but oh well...one for cruise...one for recovery).

I just will be at the 7 month mark and I think I will need a break. Is anyone else interested in something like this. I know many of us are struggling with finishing. I plan to be perfect everyday but the cruise and March 25 (wine tour in the Finger Lakes). I hope to be at least 10 pounds below my original goal, but about 10 above my ultimate goal. Maybe I will tackle that next September when things are kind of boring.

I will make us a chart so if you are interested write yourself in and your goal.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CNKPk7UC
I'm IN!!! This is exactly what my coach and I discussed last night at WI. We both agreed that after being on IP for this long, a break would be a good idea. She offered for me still to come and WI every few weeks in the summer if I thought that would help keep me from reverting to old bad habits. I'll also continue to visit here. But, like you darbs, if I feel by September I haven't reached my final goal weight, I'll go back on phase I for a few months.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #198  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Weighed in this morning after 1 week on protocol. 6lbs down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love IP. Have a great day
Old 02-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 187/168.6/145

Height: 5' 6"

I actually decided yesterday that after 6 weeks of trying to stay on protocal and losing and gaining the same 2 pounds that I just needed a break. I think IP totally works and if you are 100% committed you can lose the weight. My problem is I'm just burnt out. I stayed in ketosis but noticed I could eat a lot more carbs after 4 months on the program and stay in ketosis. This made it difficult for me to pretty much stay on phase 1 without pushing the limits thus not really losing weight. The past month I've been regularly exercising with hubby but staying in the 60-70% heart rate zone. I just felt like I wanted to stop being a slave to the scale and phase 1, and focus on getting fit physically. So I went back to my old Body for Life books by Bill Phillips, and after looking at the eating plan I realized it's basically a combination of phase 3 and 4 with the exercise plan. So for the next 90 day's I'm going to dedicate myself to the Body For Life exercise plan and sticking to IP Phase 3 on rest days and phase 4 on BFL workout days. I'd like to keep with this thread though because I can see myself after the 90 days possible trying phase 1 after a long break. Well lets see how this goes, I know I have to measure myself every two weeks so I can see if I'm losing inches since I likely won't lose much weight because of gaining muscle.
This morning I did my first cardio interval workout and had my first phase 3 breakfast. I feel good and excited to start a new challenge but use everything I've learned with IP. A few years ago I bought the BFL book but didn't follow the eating plan because I thought it was too hard with lowfat, only 1-2 servings of carbs a day, and protein shakes and bars. Now after IP the eating plan will be the easiest part!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #200  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjohn View Post
I actually decided yesterday that after 6 weeks of trying to stay on protocal and losing and gaining the same 2 pounds that I just needed a break. I think IP totally works and if you are 100% committed you can lose the weight. My problem is I'm just burnt out. I stayed in ketosis but noticed I could eat a lot more carbs after 4 months on the program and stay in ketosis. This made it difficult for me to pretty much stay on phase 1 without pushing the limits thus not really losing weight. The past month I've been regularly exercising with hubby but staying in the 60-70% heart rate zone. I just felt like I wanted to stop being a slave to the scale and phase 1, and focus on getting fit physically. So I went back to my old Body for Life books by Bill Phillips, and after looking at the eating plan I realized it's basically a combination of phase 3 and 4 with the exercise plan. So for the next 90 day's I'm going to dedicate myself to the Body For Life exercise plan and sticking to IP Phase 3 on rest days and phase 4 on BFL workout days. I'd like to keep with this thread though because I can see myself after the 90 days possible trying phase 1 after a long break. Well lets see how this goes, I know I have to measure myself every two weeks so I can see if I'm losing inches since I likely won't lose much weight because of gaining muscle.
This morning I did my first cardio interval workout and had my first phase 3 breakfast. I feel good and excited to start a new challenge but use everything I've learned with IP. A few years ago I bought the BFL book but didn't follow the eating plan because I thought it was too hard with lowfat, only 1-2 servings of carbs a day, and protein shakes and bars. Now after IP the eating plan will be the easiest part!
good luck on your next adventure. It is so understandable. I too am burnt out and struggling, but still losing and following protocol 100%. You really are at a good weight for your height. We are the same height, but I am trying to get to your current weight. I just weigh too much to stop at this weight. I am going to try to lose 15 more and then I will finish with healthy phase 4 lifestyle with exercise and maybe phase one next fall. I really hope you do well...I am sure you will and I hope you keep checking in with us.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 187/168.6/145

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
good luck on your next adventure. It is so understandable. I too am burnt out and struggling, but still losing and following protocol 100%. You really are at a good weight for your height. We are the same height, but I am trying to get to your current weight. I just weigh too much to stop at this weight. I am going to try to lose 15 more and then I will finish with healthy phase 4 lifestyle with exercise and maybe phase one next fall. I really hope you do well...I am sure you will and I hope you keep checking in with us.
Well you are doing awesome so you will definitely get to your goal quick enough. I still can't believe after only moving away from IP to Atkins for two weeks you were able to come back and drop over 7 pounds! wowwwzaaa.

Well I hope this works, I feel good about working out. My body type is a total pear so I'm super skinny in my face neck and arms and then all my weight is in my legs, hips, and butt. So I'm stuck in a size 10 pant so hopefully with building muscle in my lower half but staying the same weight, I can move into a size 8.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #202  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Today was my week 2 weigh in since starting back on IP. I only lost a pound but I know I lost inches because I had to go down a notch in my belt. Yippieee for me. I hope that I continue to loose. I am following IP exactly (except superbowl where I had 1oz of cheese and 14 peperonies). I am having a restricted each day. when I started IP (many moons ago) I was told to wait till the 3rd week for restricted but all the info posted that others are posting says you don't have to wait. really it is the only thing keeping me going.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:07 PM   #203  

Wow! It is so nice to see some of the "old" IPers on this thread. I have never checked it before.

I had two huge boxes of nice clothes that I gave to my sister at Christmas. Lots of suits and dress things I used for work. When I went into phase 4, I bought some nice new dress pants and one suit. They are almost too large for me again. It seems that my shape kept changing.

I am back on phase 1 again after the holidays to drop the holiday pounds and then a few more. I did find it hard to be 100% and went back and forth for a few weeks, until I started using fitday. com again. Somehow seeing what I was eating in black and white, and the percentages of protein, carbs, fat etc. got me motivated.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #204  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Today was my week 2 weigh in since starting back on IP. I only lost a pound but I know I lost inches because I had to go down a notch in my belt. Yippieee for me. I hope that I continue to loose. I am following IP exactly (except superbowl where I had 1oz of cheese and 14 peperonies). I am having a restricted each day. when I started IP (many moons ago) I was told to wait till the 3rd week for restricted but all the info posted that others are posting says you don't have to wait. really it is the only thing keeping me going.

I agree...the restricted keeps me doing 100% everyday. I actually started losing more when at 5 weeks I added the restricted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
Wow! It is so nice to see some of the "old" IPers on this thread. I have never checked it before.

I had two huge boxes of nice clothes that I gave to my sister at Christmas. Lots of suits and dress things I used for work. When I went into phase 4, I bought some nice new dress pants and one suit. They are almost too large for me again. It seems that my shape kept changing.

I am back on phase 1 again after the holidays to drop the holiday pounds and then a few more. I did find it hard to be 100% and went back and forth for a few weeks, until I started using fitday. com again. Somehow seeing what I was eating in black and white, and the percentages of protein, carbs, fat etc. got me motivated.
Good to see you. Congrats on all the clothes, etc. I use fitday every day too.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:45 PM   #205  

These Arctic weather patterns are getting old, but today's bitterly cold temperatures saved me from going to the store to satisfy a craving -- potato chips!.. I swear, if somebody invented a Potato Chip Diet, I'd jump on it with both feet... I'm hoping I'll be over this madness tomorrow... as of today, I'm back on protocol 100% for 18 days... checked my waist measurement this morning & in that time, I've lost 1.25".. I take other measurements once a week, but I'm loving seeing my waist becoming more & more defined & just can't resist wrapping that measuring tape around me every couple of days!..

Darbs, I'm not ready to phase off yet, but I wish you & others joining you all good things... just don't leave this forum, please, we'd miss you too much!..

hugs
Old 02-09-2011, 06:55 PM   #206  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
These Arctic weather patterns are getting old, but today's bitterly cold temperatures saved me from going to the store to satisfy a craving -- potato chips!.. I swear, if somebody invented a Potato Chip Diet, I'd jump on it with both feet... I'm hoping I'll be over this madness tomorrow... as of today, I'm back on protocol 100% for 18 days... checked my waist measurement this morning & in that time, I've lost 1.25".. I take other measurements once a week, but I'm loving seeing my waist becoming more & more defined & just can't resist wrapping that measuring tape around me every couple of days!..

Darbs, I'm not ready to phase off yet, but I wish you & others joining you all good things... just don't leave this forum, please, we'd miss you too much!..

hugs

There are still 6 almost 7 weeks before I start (and the others) start to phase off. I just needed to put an end date on it for now. I will stay in touch here.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:36 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
There are still 6 almost 7 weeks before I start (and the others) start to phase off. I just needed to put an end date on it for now. I will stay in touch here.
Once I phase off I am certainly going to keep visiting 3FC, particularly this thread and the Life After... thread. I figure it will keep me honest! Plus I think I'd miss everyone too much. I also think there is a good chance that I'll start back on phase I in the fall for a while, just to get rid of those last pesky pounds.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:58 AM   #208  

I'm glad to know y'all aren't leaving yet... I feel I still have so much to learn from you... this forum has been so valuable to me during these last 8+ months... & this thread has been super-valuable in getting me back on track after floundering for about 6 weeks... I'm still in process of examining my actions & thoughts & emotions to figure out where & why I got off course, but just saying, "okay, stop, forget all that, start over, & do it right" has made so much difference... not sure I would've done that if Darbs hadn't started this thread... thank you, thank you, thank you!!!..

hugs
Old 02-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #209  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
I'm glad to know y'all aren't leaving yet... I feel I still have so much to learn from you... this forum has been so valuable to me during these last 8+ months... & this thread has been super-valuable in getting me back on track after floundering for about 6 weeks... I'm still in process of examining my actions & thoughts & emotions to figure out where & why I got off course, but just saying, "okay, stop, forget all that, start over, & do it right" has made so much difference... not sure I would've done that if Darbs hadn't started this thread... thank you, thank you, thank you!!!..

hugs
Ditto!! I second that!! Well said Aunt Sheshie!
Old 02-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #210  

Hi all. I've had a hard couple of weeks. Just getting burnt out. I can't believe I've been doing this for almost 4 mo and am getting tired when others have done it for much longer than I have. Last Saturday I had a cheat. Not a small one either. I have never had a problem with dinners so I thought it would be the same. Everything was prepared beforehand and I thought I'm going to enjoy it all since if I have 1 bad thing it will mess me up, so why not enjoy? I didn't feel like crap the next day and I didn't feel quilty about it either like I normally would have. I didn't go back for 2nds like I would have in the past. Since then I haven't cheated, but I have wanted to oh so badly. Really bad stuff too. I just keep reminding myself, "some day I can have this....in moderation" and that's whats keeping stay strong. Oh, and I ordered some Lindora products and am having 1 only a day to mix it up a bit. Thats helping a lot too. Good job all, keep up the great work!
Closed Thread