Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #256  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Well, I go for my Ultrasound today to see what this 'mass' is. I have an appointment with my doctor next Monday to go over the results.
My friend says I have to share this little story. When the doctor first told me the other week about feeling this thing that is a little bigger than a golf ball by my ovary, and that is was 'bouncy', meaning filled with fluid, the thought briefly ran through my head "hmmm, how HEAVY is it?" Thinking I might lose a few pounds if they have to take it out!
I have to drink 32 oz of water before the appointment. That part won't be hard since of course I drink a lot of water everyday. The hard part will be NOT going to the bathroom before the ultrasound. I am just hoping I don't drive over any big bumps on my way there!!!
Wish me luck ladies!
Good Luck Kaarin!

I had the same issue last year, when my OB found a mass during my yearly exam. Blood work showed nothing. The ultra sound tech stayed mum and I couldn't wait for the doctor to call with results. It turned out to be nothing, I think a 2cm growth at the most. I will say that I spent those days in a constant state of worry, so I can understand what you are going through. I am hoping your results are the same as mine! Please let us know how you are.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:34 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Kaarin - good luck to you! I hope that everything works out for the best. You are in my prayers!

I had a bit of a victory that I need to share on this particular thread today I have been back on 100% protocol for just over a week and I am down to 1lb below my high school weight (granted I was more toned then..but soon I will have that too!). I am down to 142...so close to the 130's and made my goal for valentine's day (just by a hair!). Anyway - it's been a good IP week for me, down 3 lbs and 2 inches. I am so thankful for all of your support and advice!
Old 02-16-2011, 07:11 AM   #258  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Kaarin - good luck to you! I hope that everything works out for the best. You are in my prayers!

I had a bit of a victory that I need to share on this particular thread today I have been back on 100% protocol for just over a week and I am down to 1lb below my high school weight (granted I was more toned then..but soon I will have that too!). I am down to 142...so close to the 130's and made my goal for valentine's day (just by a hair!). Anyway - it's been a good IP week for me, down 3 lbs and 2 inches. I am so thankful for all of your support and advice!
Way to go!!! Funny how we measure things from how they were in high school. I was just thinking yesterday, I wonder what my high school years would have been like if I had been at this weight? (I was heavier). Congrats on your NSV!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #259  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

So I weighed in today and only lost 1 lb. I will take it though and I am feeling pretty good except TOM bloat! Yowzers. I don't think I have ever anticipated my TOM so much as when I am on this diet. It gets so screwy. I am about 2 wks late already and I keep saying hurry up and get here!!! YIKES
Old 02-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello My Friends!

Ihave missed you all! I tried to catch up, but sadly, am unable to read all 10 or so pages since I have been gone.

I am truly cursed! All of my travel mates, gained 5 - 9 pounds on our vacation. Me? 15 :O WTF?????

I am hoping its mostly water retention, cause I'm not sure how it is possible to gain 15 pounds in 1 week! I feel ill! LOL!

Nontheless, I had a fabulous time!

Back on track today, and feeling good about it! I know how I lost it the first time! I am trying to stay positive!

I looked smokin in my bikini and that was my goal! I may post a pic later! Just to remind me of where I need to be!

Have a great day! I hope all is well!

Susan
Old 02-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #261  

Default Need help!

Just found this forum today. Went for my weigh in, only lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks. My coach wasn't very nice. Second coach that has been that way with me. I'm not "Cheating" per se, but not doing it exactly right. UGH. I didn't even make my next appointment, cuz I was so mad at her for acting the way she did.
I feel like I should be encouraged, not scolded! And isn't a loss a loss??
HELP!!
Old 02-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #262  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProGirl View Post
Just found this forum today. Went for my weigh in, only lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks. My coach wasn't very nice. Second coach that has been that way with me. I'm not "Cheating" per se, but not doing it exactly right. UGH. I didn't even make my next appointment, cuz I was so mad at her for acting the way she did.
HELP!!
Hi and welcome! Join us in our daily chat thread where more people will be available to chat with. I'm not sure what you mean by "per se". A cheat is a cheat and it's not allowed on IP. Don't want to discourage you but that may be why your coaches have not been nice.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #263  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

Quote:
HELP!!
Hi Progirl,

This thread is for those of us on IP for over three months, and struggling. You will probably receive more responses by posting your request for help on the daily chat thread. Plus, you should be loosing more than one pound per week, especially if you just started. But we don't know your stats. With more info, we could be more helpful.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #264  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
So I weighed in today and only lost 1 lb. I will take it though and I am feeling pretty good except TOM bloat! Yowzers. I don't think I have ever anticipated my TOM so much as when I am on this diet. It gets so screwy. I am about 2 wks late already and I keep saying hurry up and get here!!! YIKES
I'm with you, my TOM on IP freaks me out, and I won't even go weigh in that week. I have always been like clockwork until this diet. Now, 3-4 days later each month, which has never happened to me. Ever. Now that I am closer to my goal weight, I am back to my routine, but it is weird how IP messes with TOM.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:04 PM   #265  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

My willpower is stronger than ever...as of yesterday I have lost 100 in just over 5 months on IP. I will never go back to my old way of eating again.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:49 PM   #266  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbethin2011 View Post
My willpower is stronger than ever...as of yesterday I have lost 100 in just over 5 months on IP. I will never go back to my old way of eating again.
OMG Congrats!!! What a huge accomplishment. AMAZING!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:04 PM   #267  

Well, as far as cheating, and I guess it just won't work on this diet............I mean that if we are out, I will have a salad, with chicken on it. And sometimes there may be some cheese on it. So I guess that totally throws this diet off??
I started it in November, quickly lost about 8. Then the holidays hit, gained a few back, lost those, then more holidays, gained a few, lost those, etc!
So I'm a MESS.
So total lost is only down 4 pounds since November, due to those holiday circumstances. UGH.
And I have trouble drinking my water, cuz I'm on the road ALMOST every day, and don't have time to make the pit stops.
I really don't want to give up on it, but just feel like a failure!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #268  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Well, as far as cheating, and I guess it just won't work on this diet............I mean that if we are out, I will have a salad, with chicken on it. And sometimes there may be some cheese on it. So I guess that totally throws this diet off??
I started it in November, quickly lost about 8. Then the holidays hit, gained a few back, lost those, then more holidays, gained a few, lost those, etc!
So I'm a MESS.
So total lost is only down 4 pounds since November, due to those holiday circumstances. UGH.
And I have trouble drinking my water, cuz I'm on the road ALMOST every day, and don't have time to make the pit stops.
Yes, you can have chicken on your salad - just make sure it's cooked cleanly and subtract how much chicken you are having from your allowed protein allowance. Cheese won't throw you out of ketosis, but it does have fat, which is why you're supposed to be avoiding it.

Yes, you are a bit of a mess. Aren't you frustrated with spending $1000+ (3 months of IP stuff) and only having 4 lbs to show for it? There was no need to cheat through the holidays - most of us didn't. But you did. So, I guess you need to look at things and see if you are willing to COMMIT to doing this program the way it is designed to be done. Fully, completely. You can do this, but only if you want to. Otherwise, maybe you need to find another plan that will work better for you and the way you want to live your life.

I know this is a little harsh, but I think you need to hear it.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:35 PM   #269  

Okay, I was doing good at first. Then something happened. Can you give me some sample days of what your food intake/meals look like? I need help getting back on the wagon.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:46 AM   #270  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Hello My Friends!

Ihave missed you all! I tried to catch up, but sadly, am unable to read all 10 or so pages since I have been gone.

I am truly cursed! All of my travel mates, gained 5 - 9 pounds on our vacation. Me? 15 :O WTF?????

I am hoping its mostly water retention, cause I'm not sure how it is possible to gain 15 pounds in 1 week! I feel ill! LOL!

Nontheless, I had a fabulous time!

Back on track today, and feeling good about it! I know how I lost it the first time! I am trying to stay positive!

I looked smokin in my bikini and that was my goal! I may post a pic later! Just to remind me of where I need to be!

Have a great day! I hope all is well!

Susan
Congrats on the bikini....ooooch on the gain...but I am sure it is water weight and will be gone. I leave in less than 48 hours for my week in the sun with lots of fun. I have decided not to step on the scale until a week after I return so I don't see that water gain. Glad you had fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbethin2011 View Post

Wow...so awesome! Great job!

Quote:
So I'm a MESS.
Quote:
Okay, I was doing good at first. Then something happened. Can you give me some sample days of what your food intake/meals look like? I need help getting back on the wagon.

This is a no cheat ever diet...follow the plan 100% every day and it will work. I don't know your stats (weight...how much you need to lose, etc..that would help figure things out).

Here is what I ate EVERY DAY (literally) to lose 3.4-3.8 pounds every week for 20 weeks:

IP omelet with hot sauce and 36 ounces of water at 7am

IP shake with lettuce, celery, cucumbers and 1 teaspoon of olive oil with sea salt...36 ounces of water throughout afternoon

IP bar around 2:30

6 ounces of either flank steak, filet mignon, chicken, pork tenderloin or 8 ounces of fish or shrimp/scallops with 1 to 1 1/2 cups of veggies with 1 tsp of evoo (aspargus, collards, spinach, brocolli...were my staples) with 36 ounces of water

sometimes around 7pm a cup of tea with 1/3 of a RTD vanilla shake

I never ate anything else ever! With that said the last 3-5 weeks have been more of a struggle. I am down 66 pounds, but want to lose 10-20 more. I have followed more of an Atkins plan (staying in ketosis, but exercising and eating more foods). I am going on a cruise in 2 days and then upon return I will go to phase one faithfully for 2 weeks and then begin phasing off (those 4 months of complete strictness have burnt me out some, but so thrilled with the results size 18 to size 8-10).

If you give it 100% it will do what it is supposed to do. If not try a different diet that allows cheat days and that will be more suited for you. Good luck in what you choose.
Closed Thread