Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #226  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

So great to see you Journeysend!!! Welcome back!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #227  
mepeterson

Ok decided that I really did want to change my ticker. I left the origianal one and attempted to put a new one under it that I will change until they match. Lets see if I am computer smart today!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #228  
mepeterson

WHOOO HOOOOO!!!!!! I am smart today!!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #229  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Yup 21 perfect weeks in full ketosis and I am kicking myself out today. I came home and ate a big piece of dark chocolate dipped in peanut butter. Then I had some olives with cheese and merlot. Hope I feel okay tomorrow. I wanted to get out of ketosis before my cruise, but this was more about a mental breakdown. Not sure why!
Old 02-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 187/168.6/145

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Yup 21 perfect weeks in full ketosis and I am kicking myself out today. I came home and ate a big piece of dark chocolate dipped in peanut butter. Then I had some olives with cheese and merlot. Hope I feel okay tomorrow. I wanted to get out of ketosis before my cruise, but this was more about a mental breakdown. Not sure why!
It probably wasn't enough to knock you out of ketosis and if so only a couple of hours. Just dust yourself off and don't worry about it.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #231  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I really doubt it will affect your fat burning state because other than the wine, what you ate was more fat than carbs. Are you back in the saddle now?
Old 02-11-2011, 09:22 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Well, I see I am not the only one who is fried by being on the program for 7 months. After many nights of tossing and turning over this decision, I went to my WI today and told them that I am taking three months off, and then will decide whether to come back.

It had become such a source of stress to go the the weigh-ins that it was actually sabotaging my progress. It seemed my choice was either to do some massive personal growth process about not liking the clinic (everything is a reflection of something within,etc etc), or focusing on my real goal, which is to reach certain weight and BMI and health milestones.

So I am going to try it on my own for a while, and see if the self-sabotage continues, or if my freedom allows me to act in my own best interests. I have really been inspired by those of you who do it on your own.

Also I got some products from Nashua Nutrition this week, and they are really tasty. It's reassuring to know there are alternatives out there. After paying IP prices for this long, the cost savings is a bit of a relief as well.

I still am going for my original goal. Maybe it'll take 7 more months but I have a feeling it'll start to go faster when this winter is over. Lately I have been so darn cold and so very hungry all the time, that it was taking over my life.
Well enough of this ramble. Thank you for "listening"!
Old 02-11-2011, 10:05 PM   #233  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal88 View Post
Well, I see I am not the only one who is fried by being on the program for 7 months. After many nights of tossing and turning over this decision, I went to my WI today and told them that I am taking three months off, and then will decide whether to come back.

It had become such a source of stress to go the the weigh-ins that it was actually sabotaging my progress. It seemed my choice was either to do some massive personal growth process about not liking the clinic (everything is a reflection of something within,etc etc), or focusing on my real goal, which is to reach certain weight and BMI and health milestones.

So I am going to try it on my own for a while, and see if the self-sabotage continues, or if my freedom allows me to act in my own best interests. I have really been inspired by those of you who do it on your own.

Also I got some products from Nashua Nutrition this week, and they are really tasty. It's reassuring to know there are alternatives out there. After paying IP prices for this long, the cost savings is a bit of a relief as well.

I still am going for my original goal. Maybe it'll take 7 more months but I have a feeling it'll start to go faster when this winter is over. Lately I have been so darn cold and so very hungry all the time, that it was taking over my life.
Well enough of this ramble. Thank you for "listening"!
Hi Crystal, I was having issues with my clinic too. I love the docs there but the "coach"? I just never clicked with her so, I hated weigh ins. The stress it caused me made me stop going in at all. I stocked up on the IP supplements but have gotten other great products through New Lifestyles. Check out their site. The RTD are the same as IP - literally the same, but the cost is half that of IP. And their bars are also the same product. I just recently ordered some of their puddings and didn't care for them though. But I'm phasing off, so I don't need much. My clinic never had the RTDs that I wanted so I started ordering through New Lifestyles long before I stopped going. I find that not going in for weigh ins has worked better for me. I know if it's TOM, if my bowels are not regular, etc. I weigh in on the wii fit and do my yoga there, it tells me my BMI etc. I feel no stress any more at all.

I'm sure you can do this on your own. You know yourself by now and you can easily do this with help and advice of your "friends" here at 3FC!! Hopefully you can still work away at this during the winter months. Then when spring comes you can get some new springy fun clothes!! Oh, if you order $200 worth of products from New Lifestyles, you get $35 off your order. I order cases of the RTDs since I use at least one every day. Good luck and I hope you stick with it for yourself! The diet information is proven and it does work!!
Old 02-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
Hi Crystal, I was having issues with my clinic too. I love the docs there but the "coach"? I just never clicked with her so, I hated weigh ins. The stress it caused me made me stop going in at all. I stocked up on the IP supplements but have gotten other great products through New Lifestyles. Check out their site. The RTD are the same as IP - literally the same, but the cost is half that of IP. And their bars are also the same product. I just recently ordered some of their puddings and didn't care for them though. But I'm phasing off, so I don't need much. My clinic never had the RTDs that I wanted so I started ordering through New Lifestyles long before I stopped going. I find that not going in for weigh ins has worked better for me. I know if it's TOM, if my bowels are not regular, etc. I weigh in on the wii fit and do my yoga there, it tells me my BMI etc. I feel no stress any more at all.

I'm sure you can do this on your own. You know yourself by now and you can easily do this with help and advice of your "friends" here at 3FC!! Hopefully you can still work away at this during the winter months. Then when spring comes you can get some new springy fun clothes!! Oh, if you order $200 worth of products from New Lifestyles, you get $35 off your order. I order cases of the RTDs since I use at least one every day. Good luck and I hope you stick with it for yourself! The diet information is proven and it does work!!
Thank you so much for the encouragement. I will check out New Lifestyles as a source, too!
Old 02-12-2011, 02:35 AM   #235  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Hi Ladies
Well we are enjoying our winter home in the sun....a little toooo much!
Ah, come on, Gaile. Pull it together. People look up to you.

Last edited by Linden; 02-12-2011 at 04:09 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:48 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies!
Well, after trying to get refocused the beginning of the week, I got hit with two health issues this week that have totally thrown me off, and off protocol too.

About a month ago TOM arrived after being away for 2 years. Even though we figure it's likely just because of the weight loss, my doctor set up a consult with a gyno just to be safe. I had my appointment with him on Wednesday and while doing a pelvic exam, he found a 'mass' on/near my ovary. I'm not supposed to worry as it is more than likely only a cyst (the size of a extra large egg), but you know where your head goes with that kind of news. I'm scheduled for an ultrasound on Tuesday that will tell us more.

Then yesterday morning I was at the dentist, and while I was tilted back in the chair, the world started spinning. When I got up, I was totally off balance, enough that I also felt nauseous. So, back to my doc in the afternoon to find out that I have benign positional vertigo. Grand! I went through a few weeks last summer where I woke up several times after rolling over in my sleep and the room was spinning, but it went away and I kind of forgot about it. Certainly not a life threatening thing, but I have to be careful about moving my head suddenly/quickly, that kind of thing. Geez, it sucks getting older!

So, I am trying to tell/convince myself that my weight is something that I CAN control, so I should just focus on that. But I still had a little pity party yesterday that included wine and munchies with a good friend of mine

Oh well, today is a new day and I will try very hard to be good. Sorry for the length of this post and thanks for listening.....
Old 02-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #237  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Good morning ladies!
Well, after trying to get refocused the beginning of the week, I got hit with two health issues this week that have totally thrown me off, and off protocol too.

About a month ago TOM arrived after being away for 2 years. Even though we figure it's likely just because of the weight loss, my doctor set up a consult with a gyno just to be safe. I had my appointment with him on Wednesday and while doing a pelvic exam, he found a 'mass' on/near my ovary. I'm not supposed to worry as it is more than likely only a cyst (the size of a extra large egg), but you know where your head goes with that kind of news. I'm scheduled for an ultrasound on Tuesday that will tell us more.

Then yesterday morning I was at the dentist, and while I was tilted back in the chair, the world started spinning. When I got up, I was totally off balance, enough that I also felt nauseous. So, back to my doc in the afternoon to find out that I have benign positional vertigo. Grand! I went through a few weeks last summer where I woke up several times after rolling over in my sleep and the room was spinning, but it went away and I kind of forgot about it. Certainly not a life threatening thing, but I have to be careful about moving my head suddenly/quickly, that kind of thing. Geez, it sucks getting older!

So, I am trying to tell/convince myself that my weight is something that I CAN control, so I should just focus on that. But I still had a little pity party yesterday that included wine and munchies with a good friend of mine

Oh well, today is a new day and I will try very hard to be good. Sorry for the length of this post and thanks for listening.....
Kaarin I sure hope you get good news from your ultrasound. The number 1 priority is to take care of yourself.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #238  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Good morning ladies!

Kaarin, I am glad that you went in and had it checked right away! I am hoping for the best for you! So sorry about the positional vertigo too! I am just glad that you have been doing yourself a favor by getting healthy lately! Keep that up!!
Old 02-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 280/198/180

Height: 5'10.5"

Default Question about New Lifestyle

Greetings. Someone recently told me about this website, new lifestyle diet. The drinks and products look very similar to IP, but a lot cheaper. Is this the 'generic' IP? Do the products work the same? Here is a link to the RTD shakes.
http://newlifestylediet.com/category.aspx?id=12
Thanks.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

For those of you planning on taking a break please, please, please phase off properly.

I started IP one year ago today and lost 60 pounds in about 4 months, then stalled for two months and then got discouraged and found myself eating on plan all week then cheating on a weekend and by the time the next weekend came around I was right back at the same weight, and would slip again. I eventually discovered my thyroid meds were not correct and got my dosage changed-I got back on plan and did well for a bit but found it much harder to stay on plan. I decided to take a break without phasing out and between end of October and beginning of January had gained back almost thirty pounds. I've since lost ten of that and back on plan 100%. I just hope I can help someone from making the same mistake I did.
Closed Thread