Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 219.9/168.7/169.0

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I JUST ABOUT DROPPED TO THE FLOOR...THE SIZE 8 JEANS THAT I PURCHASED TWO WEEKS AGO (NO STRETCH AND NO GIVE) WENT ON FLAWLESSLY.

The clue to try them was the 10's I been wearing are falling down as I walk. I posted the new picture for you to check it out.
OMG YOU LOOK AWESOME.. congratulations!!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #182  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Default Size matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7
I JUST ABOUT DROPPED TO THE FLOOR...THE SIZE 8 JEANS THAT I PURCHASED TWO WEEKS AGO (NO STRETCH AND NO GIVE) WENT ON FLAWLESSLY.

The clue to try them was the 10's I been wearing are falling down as I walk. I posted the new picture for you to check it out.
I love this thread! Congrats Darbs, you look great! I need to figure out how to get a photo of me up here. Sooo techy challenged.

Here is my deal on clothing. Prior to IP, my good friend, who is much taller than me and has much better fashion sense, gave me a bunch of her barely worn clothes (sizes 8-10). I had them tailored to fit in length, but they were still a bit snug. Throughout IP, I began to wear the clothes without problem. Now, they simply fall off. Literally, if I put them on, buttoned, they slip off my hips. I had nothing to wear to work (I had some smaller jeans from a healthier time in my life, but no work clothes.) I did an emergency run to an outlet (Bealls, for all you FL folks) and picked up two pairs of size six dress pants ($10 each, TYVM) and I am set for now. Pleased as punch that the size 6 works well, looks great, etc.

Here is my dilemma. I have my other clothes in a neat pile, in fact, I am looking at them now, and I just can’t seem to give them away. How twisted is my brain? I have even tried them on a few times to convince myself that they no longer fit. That pile is overwhelming, and I can’t get myself to even bag them up and put them in the garage. Is it because I am afraid I’ll put the weight back on once I phase off IP? Is it because I still see myself as fat? Or am I just a loon?
Old 02-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #183  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
I love this thread! Congrats Darbs, you look great! I need to figure out how to get a photo of me up here. Sooo techy challenged.

Here is my deal on clothing. Prior to IP, my good friend, who is much taller than me and has much better fashion sense, gave me a bunch of her barely worn clothes (sizes 8-10). I had them tailored to fit in length, but they were still a bit snug. Throughout IP, I began to wear the clothes without problem. Now, they simply fall off. Literally, if I put them on, buttoned, they slip off my hips. I had nothing to wear to work (I had some smaller jeans from a healthier time in my life, but no work clothes.) I did an emergency run to an outlet (Bealls, for all you FL folks) and picked up two pairs of size six dress pants ($10 each, TYVM) and I am set for now. Pleased as punch that the size 6 works well, looks great, etc.

Here is my dilemma. I have my other clothes in a neat pile, in fact, I am looking at them now, and I just can’t seem to give them away. How twisted is my brain? I have even tried them on a few times to convince myself that they no longer fit. That pile is overwhelming, and I can’t get myself to even bag them up and put them in the garage. Is it because I am afraid I’ll put the weight back on once I phase off IP? Is it because I still see myself as fat? Or am I just a loon?
It's all part of letting go I think. I had a lot of 'nice' work clothes that I just didn't want to bag up and put in the bin (we have clothing drop off bins in the parking lots at the mall). Instead I went through my clothing a few different times and gave it away in lots. Got rid of the clothes I wouldn't miss or that were 'huge' on me and I gave them to a couple of friends that are thrilled to have new clothes. Seeing them in my 'old' clothes is a firm reminder that I don't ever want to wear that size again. Good luck in your purging...once you make the move and actually let them go...it will feel good. The other upsides are that my closet is bare and laundry is much much easier to handle!
Old 02-06-2011, 01:39 PM   #184  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
It's all part of letting go I think. I had a lot of 'nice' work clothes that I just didn't want to bag up and put in the bin (we have clothing drop off bins in the parking lots at the mall). Instead I went through my clothing a few different times and gave it away in lots. Got rid of the clothes I wouldn't miss or that were 'huge' on me and I gave them to a couple of friends that are thrilled to have new clothes. Seeing them in my 'old' clothes is a firm reminder that I don't ever want to wear that size again. Good luck in your purging...once you make the move and actually let them go...it will feel good. The other upsides are that my closet is bare and laundry is much much easier to handle!
It is interesting, our attachment to clothing, isn't it? I purged and cleaned my closet a couple of months ago. Partly because one of my closet rods kept falling down! So I was basically forced to do it! But I still kept some of my biggest capri pants that I wore ALL THE TIME. They were (once) stretch capris but had been all but stretched out and even were beginning to rip a little at the seams!! But at my heaviest, they were all that fit me. And I didn't dare wear shorts in my shape. Why do I still have these in my closet? I don't want to fit into them again. They are in too bad condition to even donate them at this point. I think I'll throw them away today. I'm going no safety net here ladies! Plus, I didn't even care about style at my size back then - if something fit - well it was in the rotation! I guess now if I let myself relax about it I can get rid of all the fat me clothes and have some fun with newer styles. I guess it is a brave new world! More motivation to stay healthy and adopt healthier ways of living.

I went shopping yesterday and got fitted to find out my correct bra size. I hadn't done this since I started - so that was interesting. I am now a 36C so I still have some on top! When the sales girl was helping me she said - what size are you? Uummm........I don't know! I was at my biggest, plopping out of a 38D, and I don't even know if that was my "correct" size then. I told her I just lost a bunch of weight and she asked me how I did it? Did I do the Dr. Phil diet? Hahaha. Had to laugh! Dr. Phil Diet? Nope. I mentioned IP and her eyes glazed over. Oh well. Now that I bought four new bras I won't be shopping for anything for a while!! Expensive little buggers! But they sure are pretty and it will give me a little "perk" to wear them!
Old 02-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #185  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Hello all, sounds like clothing is the issue of the day (or weekend) LOL!
I just wanted to report that I did pretty well over superbowl weekend. Had a bit of cheese and peperonies but other than that SUCSESS!!!
I too have the same issue with clothing. Hard to find what fits and it depends on the brands.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:09 PM   #186  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

I too had a successful Superbowl day (Yay Packers!) I ate too much protein, but stayed far away from all the carbo loading that everyone else was doing. I have been on Protocol since Thursday and finally hit ketosis Saturday night. I love Ketosis. Being hungry stinks!!! I weighed Saturday and am down 3 lbs and can't wait to weigh on Friday. I want to finally be down to 150 and would like to be there by March 4th. We'll see

I finally convinced my sister-in-law to try Ideal Protein. She wants to lose 30 lbs. I'm excited for her. My mom started in October and has lost 33 lbs and looks incredible!! Love this diet!

Old 02-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #187  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Thinking ahead to my cruise....how many of you have been out of ketosis? Were you sick for days?

I have not been out of ketosis since the start of the diet in September and I am nervous that I might get sick on the cruise. Should I eat some healthy carbs (whole grains and fruit) 2 or 3 days before the cruise to eliminate a food "hangover".
Old 02-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #188  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Thinking ahead to my cruise....how many of you have been out of ketosis? Were you sick for days?

I have not been out of ketosis since the start of the diet in September and I am nervous that I might get sick on the cruise. Should I eat some healthy carbs (whole grains and fruit) 2 or 3 days before the cruise to eliminate a food "hangover".
When I was recently ill from eating allowed vegetables in a sauce I couldn't get off of them it didn't throw me out of ketosis.

I've watched people here jump from Phase I into eat whatever the wanted and not get sick, just feel rotten. I don't know whether they ever get back into ketosis.

But if I understand the program, the right thing to do for your system is to phase off for a minimum of 4 weeks. Is that what you mean?
Old 02-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #189  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
When I was recently ill from eating allowed vegetables in a sauce I couldn't get off of them it didn't throw me out of ketosis.

I've watched people here jump from Phase I into eat whatever the wanted and not get sick, just feel rotten. I don't know whether they ever get back into ketosis.

But if I understand the program, the right thing to do for your system is to phase off for a minimum of 4 weeks. Is that what you mean?

Well, I won't be phasing off for 4 weeks...I only have 12 days until the cruise. I am only 3-4 pounds from my original goal I set with my doctor. But I have decided to lose an additional 15 pounds....so technically I should have phased off by now, but since I am going for bigger goals.....I am just taking the week off and then finishing up another 5-6 weeks when I return and then doing the proper phase off the beginning of April.

Just wondering what to expect since I have been solidly in ketosis since the beginning of September.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #190  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Well, I won't be phasing off for 4 weeks...I only have 12 days until the cruise. I am only 3-4 pounds from my original goal I set with my doctor. But I have decided to lose an additional 15 pounds....so technically I should have phased off by now, but since I am going for bigger goals.....I am just taking the week off and then finishing up another 5-6 weeks when I return and then doing the proper phase off the beginning of April.

Just wondering what to expect since I have been solidly in ketosis since the beginning of September.
The only feeling I get when I get out of ketosis is Hungry. I don't feel sick.

I would slowly start adding carbs in right now and see how you do so if it doesn't agree with you it isn't happening while on your cruise.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #191  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Quote:

Darbs, I went to Hawaii over Christmas and New Years Eve. I was going to phase off ahead of time, but things got so hectic here, Christmas coming, making arrangements for while we were gone, bad weather here, etc., that I never phased off properly. Then I was not sure what to do. So I just went to Hawaii, ate sensibly but not IP. Didn't bring any of my favorite RTD but did bring some bars. I couldn't resist the fresh fruits or drinks while there. We were there for two weeks and I gained 4 lbs. I was not sick there or when I returned. Eating off protocol did make it more difficult for me to get back with the program once I was home. Well, that plus we had my daughter's birthday too. Once I got back OP here at home, I started dropping lbs again. I did eat regular foods in Hawaii, just that I ate with all the knowledge that I had gained since the fall. Didn't go nuts on everything. Ate pretty healthy, low carbs and didn't really feel the need for lots of sweets or junk. We were pretty active there too. Walked a lot, swam a lot, took surfing lessons, did some snorkeling and learned to paddle board. So, I don't know what to say. That was my experience. Just maybe relax and enjoy yourself while keeping in mind you don't want to regain 30 lbs, you know? I sincerely doubt that would happen. Maybe your body will do better after a short break. You've been so strong not having any cheats!! And you're so smart about it all. I have confidence you'll do just fine. I don't know why some people get sick eating more normally though. Maybe allergy issues? Good Luck and enjoy yourself!!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 187/168.6/145

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:

The first time I went off was for Thanksgiving and I had a terrible head throbbing and my head felt almost cloudy for a couple of hours Until I did some cardio which really helped clear my headache. I later went off for Christmas Day and didn't feel any difference and the next day waking up it was easy to jump right back into IP protocol. No hunger or anything. I also was much more careful about not going overboard with carbs and sugars like I did for thanksgiving so I think that made a difference.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

My coach has told me that the proper way to do it, if you plan on starting back again on phase I, is to do a week each on phases II and III. She said this gets your body (and pancreas I guess) working properly in the real world again. I've read here that phase III is really important when you phase off for good, so I'm doing that for almost 2 weeks. I also am not going to go crazy while I'm gone. I will do my best to steer clear of heavy carbs and hope that the only weight I gain will be some water retention.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #194  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

Darbs - I phased off for my break at Christmas because my coach advised me that it is better to slowly get your pancreas going again. I did not have any ill effects other than the struggle to get back on. I have done weekend cheats twice. The first time with no problems, the second with a headache that lasted 2 days. The difference was how I cheated. The first time I stayed with an IP breakfast then had more of a phase 2 lunch and supper with a little added carbs then an IP snack. The second time I all-out cheated with a lot of sugar. Lesson learned!

My suggestion to you is to try a phase 3 week before going. It will probably slow or stop your weight-loss momentarily but will be better for your body in the long run.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:52 AM   #195  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

I have been away from the boards for a few days so I have a lot of reading to do to catch up but I thought I would start here. Congrats to those of you who made it through superbowl successfully!

I missed my weigh in last week so I'm hoping to see my coach today but according to my scale I'm down to the 160's! Yeah! That's been a long-time coming. I have added more protien to my diet and that seems to be helping me. I think how much I dance (can't change it) has been counter-active for me. I have started to add some extra protien (turkey bacon, low-fat cheese) to my breakfast and afternoon snack and the scale has started moving again! Not my recommendation to others but it's working for me.
Closed Thread