Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 10:42 AM   #46  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

I'm gonna talk with my coach and probably do what Darbs said with the no carbs modified phase 3. Oh but I have loved having fruit and yogurt in the morning! The carbs have totally got my cravings in high gear so I know I need to stay away from those a bit longer. I have been having the maple oatmeal for breakfast on days I work and that seemed to help. So I might continue to do that and add a couple of eggs to the meal to see how my body reacts to it, along with doing 4 packets a day. Mentally I'm not ready to go into maintenance right now.

On another note... and I should be appreciative of this BUT I'm so tired of people saying how great I am looking! I never thought I'd get tired of it but I am... and now I'm just frustrated because 2/3rds of those saying it would benefit immensely by doing Ideal Protein. But they just sit back and wait to see if it sticks I guess before they want to try it out. I don't even talk about the plan anymore I just give them the brochure and tell them to attend a seminar.... I'm so lame I know
Old 01-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I ordered tons of bars and restricted from Lindora...it is the breakfast and lunch that is hard to find. I am currently using Atkins shakes and they are great for everything but have too many calories so I leave 1/3 of the shake in the container and then after 2, I have my third one.
Darbs wait til you get the restricted bars from Lindora and find out they are exactly the same ones you have been paying $4 a piece for from IP.

If you could have seen my face!!!
Old 01-30-2011, 10:54 AM   #48  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsgrrl View Post
Darbs wait til you get the restricted bars from Lindora and find out they are exactly the same ones you have been paying $4 a piece for from IP.

I opened them up two days ago and couldn't believe it...same same same numbers packaging bars.

I also ordered the soy puffs...same packaging as the old soy puffs that IP used to have but were a short term item (like the sw cheese curls)...same packaging as the soy nuts.

What are you doing for shakes?

I miss my omelets and the blue cran-granita drink. I have a friend doing it and she is going to buy me a pack of omelets tomorrow.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #49  

Okay ladies...I am struggling big time with my salads. Part of the reason I wanted to quit. I am almost gaging at the two homemade dressings I have loved for months.

Tell me why Good Seasonings italian is so bad? It says one carb but sugar is listed as first ingredient.

I just can't stomach the homemade dressings any minute.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:03 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

What homemade dressings are you using again? Mine is simple - EVOO, dijon mustard, lemon juice and stevia. But, who knows, I may get sick of that soon. I do miss a good ranch dressing.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:08 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
What homemade dressings are you using again? Mine is simple - EVOO, dijon mustard, lemon juice and stevia. But, who knows, I may get sick of that soon. I do miss a good ranch dressing.
Yup that is my standby and I just can't stomach it...so weird. I ate it every day for 3 months and then the last month switched it up with garlic and basil instead of mustard...now I can't stand either.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
I use the EAS carb control from BJ's - chocolate fudge.

I CANNOT stand the WF dressing. EWWWW

I use the lowest carb regular dressing I can find and use as little as possible
Old 01-30-2011, 12:03 PM   #53  

An all darbs, all the time post.
Quote:
I miss my omelets and the blue cran-granita drink. I have a friend doing it and she is going to buy me a pack of omelets tomorrow.
To replace the omelets, have you tried a mix of an egg + 1/4-1/2 cup of egg whites? It'll get you close to the 20 g of protein in the old IP omelet packet and you can add your own seasoning.
Quote:
I am almost gaging at the two homemade dressings I have loved for months.

Tell me why Good Seasonings italian is so bad? It says one carb but sugar is listed as first ingredient.

I'm not familiar with Good Seasonings, so can't say. Because sugar and sweeteners set off a craving pattern for me, I wouldn't use it. You may respond differently. Just a thought about homemade dressings, if you're not using the milk in coffee or tea, I wonder if you could use some low- or non-fat plain yogurt as a base for a dressing. Add some herbs/spices/flavuring to concoct a ranch or dill. No recipes from me -- I crave olive oil + lemon or wine vinegar dressing.

Or can you try the old throw your lettuce in with your veggies for a stirfry, or in soup? Nothing says that lettuce has to be eaten as salad. Lots of low carbers use lettuce as a bread-replacement to hold meat, egg/tuna salads, etc.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:31 PM   #54  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post
You guys are funny! I work 12 hour shifts in a hospital and I specialize in lungs... so pneumonia, asthma, RSV, heart attacks, etc are increased a ton right now. I usually walk 5-7 miles a day but right now I'm closer to 10-12 and sometimes I'll hit as much as 14 on the busiest days. I'm toying with the idea of doing phase 1 on my days off and phase 3 on the days I work but I don't know if going back and forth would be good or not???

I'll jump in on this since it hasn't been brought up in awhile.

I know my coach told me we should eat breakfast within 1/2 hour of waking up an then about every 3 hours until we go to bed. I was told it was fine to break your food up a little or add extra lettuce salads.

Also, if you are REALLY active for 12 hours and not just up and about for 12 hours like some you should be on a schedule that looks more like:

Awake: 530a

Eat: 6a oatmeal restricted, pancakes (restricted) and 1 egg or 2 egg white, (roughly 140 cal/18 -30pro/12 carb if you do a restricted) or Ip omelette and veggies (roughly 120 cal/18 pro/3- 6 carbs depending on veggies)

Work: 7a - 7p

Eat: 8a to 9a have a protein drink or coffee with protein drink or IP cereal (90 cal/18pro/4 carb roughly)

Eat: 10a -12noon have another light snack like a few veggies and a salad or a small piece of protein; hard boiled egg, 2 - 3 oz chicken or fish (roughly 80 to 120 cal, 16 to 20 pro, 2-5g fat) OR eat lunch ( roughly 120cal/18 pro/2-5 g fat plus veggies and olive oil about 240 cal total)

Eat: 12noon - 3p a drink like the peach mango/pineapple/ pina colada/ orange (around 80 - 100 cal 18 pro 1 fat) or your lunch

Eat: 2p - 6p a restricted bar or puffs (if you can have them), small amount of protein (hardboiled egg or 2oz chicken), pudding, jello or another protein drink calories for this time would try to be around 80 to 100 with about 15 to 18 protein with only 1 g fat

Eat: 4p - 9p if needed another light snack 80 to 90 cal style (as above) or some veggies if you aren't yet able to make dinner or your IP dinner (around 350 calories (45g pro/12g fat/12g carb)

Eat: 6p - 11p (optional depending on how you scheduled other times) your evening snack or dinner (80 to 90 cal like above for a snack or the 350 cal dinner)

Your daily nutritional breakdown of course would vary by your choices but, doing something like the above keeps you eating often, prevents low blood sugar from the activeness, prevents you from burning your own calories and would give you something like:

calories.... 970 to 1200
protein... 136g to 158g
carbs.... 46g to 58g
fat.... 16g to 30g

I know the carbs seem high, you could try backing some of it down by using more egg whites, puddings, protein drinks with low carbs instead of the higher carb snack choices.

People start into ketosis under 30g of carb a day but MANY stay in ketosis up to 60g of carb per day so, with your activity level you could try it and see what happens. Just do a normal phase 1 on the days you are off.

It is only a suggestion as a means of letting you see other possibilities.

You need to find an eating plan that works for you. Being more active you will need more carbs than the average person and you will need more protein. You should be getting at least 1/2 your weight in grams of protein a day and, if you are very active may need another 20 to 30g more on top of that. This is just so you have enough protein to avoid wasting muscle.

PM me is you want to go over other options.

Good luck and stay healthy!!
Old 01-30-2011, 12:32 PM   #55  
Skinny girl in training

I guess I'm lucky I love Walden Farms dressings, in fact I never plan to use anything but their dressings even when I do hit maintenance.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #56  
Skinny girl in training

We really should organize a massive write in to corporate to have them hire Carla to go out and train the coaches. I swear she always has the answers and is so much faster to retrieve them from! You rock!!
Old 01-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 209.6/201/145

Height: 5'3"

Im getting ready to start the IP program soon. with reading everyones comments its good to see that there is ups and downs with IP as well as having so much support and friendship from everyone.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

I am sooo glad to see this thread! I haven't been participating in the forums as much as I did the first time I did IP (I don't have a computer to use some days). I love and miss the support. I originally started IP back in Feb 2010 after I saw my aunt (who is an IP coach) during Christmas time after losing 40lbs. I thought to myself, if it worked for her it will work for me! (We have the same bad genetics and propensity for type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, etc). I lost 35 lbs in 12 weeks the first time through and then didn't phase out properly with the intention of starting the plan again to lose the rest after we moved back to Oregon.

I have FINALLY restarted IP (six months later!) and I am having a really hard time sticking to protocol. I have been in ketosis - but cheating with a little bread at work here and there (I work at a restaurant and we have the best bread!) and allowing myself more cheese/fat than I should. The problem is that I know what I can allow myself without pushing myself out of ketosis. Bad! This last week I was almost 100% on protocol and then had a cheat last night with a couple cookies because I was having a major sugar craving! Now I know why - started my TOM this morning. I never had these problems the first time around. I also never craved bread/cookies even when I wasn't on IP and losing weight. Not sure what that is about.

Time to move on! 100 percent on protocol from here on out to lose the rest of this weight and get to the gym with a personal trainer for bathing suit season! All these cheats are just slowing me down! NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS!!!
Old 01-30-2011, 02:09 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Quote:
Okay ladies...I am struggling big time with my salads. Part of the reason I wanted to quit. I am almost gaging at the two homemade dressings I have loved for months.

So last week I found a recipe online and made a fabulous caesar dressing out of silken tofu. I'm wondering if you could create some ranch dressing with the silken tofu and some Mrs. Dash seasoning?

6 ounces silken tofu (or soft tofu, drained) (comes in a box)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley (I used dried)
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar

Saw this online. Of course I would change the canola to grapeseed or olive oil.

Here is the recipe for the caesar dressing I made:

2 ounces cubed Parmesan
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Pinch kosher salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 cup silken soft tofu
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

I used white vinegar because I wasn't sure if we were allowed white wine vinegar since we aren't allowed red wine vinegar.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by ckanable; 01-30-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:18 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

I was the same. I order almost 100% alternative now. I use Weight Loss Systems stuff.

Quote:
I opened them up two days ago and couldn't believe it...same same same numbers packaging bars.

I also ordered the soy puffs...same packaging as the old soy puffs that IP used to have but were a short term item (like the sw cheese curls)...same packaging as the soy nuts.

I bought the Swiss Chocolate shakes from Nashua. I don't remember the brand, but its Swiss chocolate. Closest I have found to the IP so far.

Quote:
I use the EAS carb control from BJ's - chocolate fudge.

I CANNOT stand the WF dressing. EWWWW

I use the lowest carb regular dressing I can find and use as little as possible
I use Kraft Calorie Wise Creamy Cucumber or their Italian. On occasion, I use the greek dressing as well. Even though they aren't 0/0/0, I only use a small amount and the flavor is great!

Afternoon all!

I am back after being storm stayed. Ibought $130 worth of new panties and bras at La Senza and some stuff for my trip. I leave in 6 days!
I did fall off protocol while I was away this week, and have decided to stay off until after my vacation, however, I may do a couple days of Phase 1 this week, because of the severe water retention that I have had.
Day 1 of being off the diet, I woke up with HUGE bags under my eyes, and my rings were tight. I have not had that problem since I started the diet. Goes to show how it works so well.

I am back to work now, and will be in and out here until I leave, depending how busy we are!

I love this group!

Susan
Closed Thread