Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretley View Post
For those of you planning on taking a break please, please, please phase off properly.

I started IP one year ago today and lost 60 pounds in about 4 months, then stalled for two months and then got discouraged and found myself eating on plan all week then cheating on a weekend and by the time the next weekend came around I was right back at the same weight, and would slip again. I eventually discovered my thyroid meds were not correct and got my dosage changed-I got back on plan and did well for a bit but found it much harder to stay on plan. I decided to take a break without phasing out and between end of October and beginning of January had gained back almost thirty pounds. I've since lost ten of that and back on plan 100%. I just hope I can help someone from making the same mistake I did.
Thank you. Point well taken!
Old 02-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 305/208/220?

Height: 6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
Greetings. Someone recently told me about this website, new lifestyle diet. The drinks and products look very similar to IP, but a lot cheaper. Is this the 'generic' IP? Do the products work the same? Here is a link to the RTD shakes.
http://newlifestylediet.com/category.aspx?id=12
Thanks.
You need to check the nutrition in on the new lifestlye vrs the IP. It can be found at the link to the shakes.
the NL stuff has more sugar and I think more carbs... That said some have used then and still done well...
Old 02-12-2011, 06:25 PM   #243  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
Greetings. Someone recently told me about this website, new lifestyle diet. The drinks and products look very similar to IP, but a lot cheaper. Is this the 'generic' IP? Do the products work the same? Here is a link to the RTD shakes.
Farmer
New Lifestyle is a program similar to IP. Some of the products are the same, some are different. You really have to examine each one. At this moment the RTDs are the same. You can learn more about other sources of products in the Alternatives thread.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #244  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal88 View Post
Well, I see I am not the only one who is fried by being on the program for 7 months. After many nights of tossing and turning over this decision, I went to my WI today and told them that I am taking three months off, and then will decide whether to come back.

It had become such a source of stress to go the the weigh-ins that it was actually sabotaging my progress. It seemed my choice was either to do some massive personal growth process about not liking the clinic (everything is a reflection of something within,etc etc), or focusing on my real goal, which is to reach certain weight and BMI and health milestones.

So I am going to try it on my own for a while, and see if the self-sabotage continues, or if my freedom allows me to act in my own best interests. I have really been inspired by those of you who do it on your own.

Also I got some products from Nashua Nutrition this week, and they are really tasty. It's reassuring to know there are alternatives out there. After paying IP prices for this long, the cost savings is a bit of a relief as well.

I still am going for my original goal. Maybe it'll take 7 more months but I have a feeling it'll start to go faster when this winter is over. Lately I have been so darn cold and so very hungry all the time, that it was taking over my life.
Well enough of this ramble. Thank you for "listening"!
I too am burnt out and I totally understand. I will go back to phase one for a week or two after the cruise and then phase off properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
Hi Crystal, I was having issues with my clinic too. I love the docs there but the "coach"? I just never clicked with her so, I hated weigh ins. The stress it caused me made me stop going in at all. I stocked up on the IP supplements but have gotten other great products through New Lifestyles. Check out their site. The RTD are the same as IP - literally the same, but the cost is half that of IP. And their bars are also the same product. I just recently ordered some of their puddings and didn't care for them though. But I'm phasing off, so I don't need much. My clinic never had the RTDs that I wanted so I started ordering through New Lifestyles long before I stopped going. I find that not going in for weigh ins has worked better for me. I know if it's TOM, if my bowels are not regular, etc. I weigh in on the wii fit and do my yoga there, it tells me my BMI etc. I feel no stress any more at all.

I'm sure you can do this on your own. You know yourself by now and you can easily do this with help and advice of your "friends" here at 3FC!! Hopefully you can still work away at this during the winter months. Then when spring comes you can get some new springy fun clothes!! Oh, if you order $200 worth of products from New Lifestyles, you get $35 off your order. I order cases of the RTDs since I use at least one every day. Good luck and I hope you stick with it for yourself! The diet information is proven and it does work!!
Thank you I will check out NL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Good morning ladies!
Well, after trying to get refocused the beginning of the week, I got hit with two health issues this week that have totally thrown me off, and off protocol too.

About a month ago TOM arrived after being away for 2 years. Even though we figure it's likely just because of the weight loss, my doctor set up a consult with a gyno just to be safe. I had my appointment with him on Wednesday and while doing a pelvic exam, he found a 'mass' on/near my ovary. I'm not supposed to worry as it is more than likely only a cyst (the size of a extra large egg), but you know where your head goes with that kind of news. I'm scheduled for an ultrasound on Tuesday that will tell us more.

Then yesterday morning I was at the dentist, and while I was tilted back in the chair, the world started spinning. When I got up, I was totally off balance, enough that I also felt nauseous. So, back to my doc in the afternoon to find out that I have benign positional vertigo. Grand! I went through a few weeks last summer where I woke up several times after rolling over in my sleep and the room was spinning, but it went away and I kind of forgot about it. Certainly not a life threatening thing, but I have to be careful about moving my head suddenly/quickly, that kind of thing. Geez, it sucks getting older!

So, I am trying to tell/convince myself that my weight is something that I CAN control, so I should just focus on that. But I still had a little pity party yesterday that included wine and munchies with a good friend of mine

Oh well, today is a new day and I will try very hard to be good. Sorry for the length of this post and thanks for listening.....

Geez I hope you are feeling okay...always hoping the best for my support gals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretley View Post
For those of you planning on taking a break please, please, please phase off properly.

I started IP one year ago today and lost 60 pounds in about 4 months, then stalled for two months and then got discouraged and found myself eating on plan all week then cheating on a weekend and by the time the next weekend came around I was right back at the same weight, and would slip again. I eventually discovered my thyroid meds were not correct and got my dosage changed-I got back on plan and did well for a bit but found it much harder to stay on plan. I decided to take a break without phasing out and between end of October and beginning of January had gained back almost thirty pounds. I've since lost ten of that and back on plan 100%. I just hope I can help someone from making the same mistake I did.

Thanks so much for your post. I have lost 66 of the 85 I want to lose (Original goal was only 75). I need a break. I just knocked myself out of ketosis for the first time since day one. I am going on a cruise in 6 days and wanted to feel crappy at home and not the cruise. When I return from the cruise I will do phase one for 2 more weeks and then phase II for 2 weeks and phase III for 2 weeks between I go to phase IV. I hope this plan works. I want to tackle the other 15-20 at some point.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:05 AM   #245  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Good morning ladies!
Well, after trying to get refocused the beginning of the week, I got hit with two health issues this week that have totally thrown me off, and off protocol too.

About a month ago TOM arrived after being away for 2 years. Even though we figure it's likely just because of the weight loss, my doctor set up a consult with a gyno just to be safe. I had my appointment with him on Wednesday and while doing a pelvic exam, he found a 'mass' on/near my ovary. I'm not supposed to worry as it is more than likely only a cyst (the size of a extra large egg), but you know where your head goes with that kind of news. I'm scheduled for an ultrasound on Tuesday that will tell us more.

Then yesterday morning I was at the dentist, and while I was tilted back in the chair, the world started spinning. When I got up, I was totally off balance, enough that I also felt nauseous. So, back to my doc in the afternoon to find out that I have benign positional vertigo. Grand! I went through a few weeks last summer where I woke up several times after rolling over in my sleep and the room was spinning, but it went away and I kind of forgot about it. Certainly not a life threatening thing, but I have to be careful about moving my head suddenly/quickly, that kind of thing. Geez, it sucks getting older!

So, I am trying to tell/convince myself that my weight is something that I CAN control, so I should just focus on that. But I still had a little pity party yesterday that included wine and munchies with a good friend of mine

Oh well, today is a new day and I will try very hard to be good. Sorry for the length of this post and thanks for listening.....
Kaarin, hope everything turns out well with you and I'm sure it will. It's always better to seek medical advice right away instead of worrying about it for weeks. Our minds can take over our whole body with worry. Then we find out we worried for no good reason. I've been there. Sometimes I think my Dr. thinks I'm a little extreme about having things checked out. You are right though, we can control our weight and it does suck getting older. I reached 50 a year ago and it seems issues are popping up all the time.

Wishing you the best!
Old 02-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #246  

Good Sunday morning, all you wonderful folks!.. today is the first day of my 4th week back on protocol, I've got 3 full weeks of little hearts on my calendar!.. it feels so good to be doing this for myself again... in these last 3 weeks, I've dropped an inch & a half from my waist... other parts are getting smaller too, but that's the one that concerns me most right now... what's interesting this time is that the temptations & cravings are still there, but I'm able to just acknowledge them & then move on without dwelling on them... before, I'd keep thinking about them for hours & hours, 'til I either started feeling sorry for myself or jumped in the car & drove to Dollar General for a "snack fix"!!!.. yeah, I know, it's not perfect yet, I did have that potato chip craving a few days ago, but I survived it... I'm not sure what the difference is between now & 2 months ago, I think I have the same motivations, same goals... it's just a different mindset, somehow... anyway, it's GREAT!!!..

Journeysend, it's great to see you!.. glad you're enjoying your winter home in the sun... where is that?.. I must have missed it when you told where you were going... hang in there, you've done so good, & you're such an inspiration to the rest of us...

Darbs, so, if I understand right, you kicked yourself out of ketosis intentionally???.. how are you feeling?.. when I started going off protocol between Thanksgiving & last month, I knew I was out of ketosis because I had no energy, but I never really felt sick... I hope you don't feel crappy, like you said, at all, either now or on the cruise...

Crystal88, I know you can do this on your own... you know the rules, you know the protocol, you know it all... I agree, this should go faster once winter is over... being cooped up goes against my nature... I was made for getting outside & doing things... staying inside not only keeps me more sedentary, it keeps me too near the pantry & fridge...

Kaarin, I do hope you have a good report from the ultrasound on Tuesday... you'll be in my thoughts & prayers... & please let us know what you find out about the vertigo... I've experienced what you described a few times, turning over in bed & thinking the room was spinning... it hasn't happened in a long time, but I'd still like to know what caused it...

hugs to all
Old 02-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Good Sunday morning, all you wonderful folks!.. today is the first day of my 4th week back on protocol, I've got 3 full weeks of little hearts on my calendar!.. it feels so good to be doing this for myself again... in these last 3 weeks, I've dropped an inch & a half from my waist...

Kaarin, I do hope you have a good report from the ultrasound on Tuesday... you'll be in my thoughts & prayers... & please let us know what you find out about the vertigo... I've experienced what you described a few times, turning over in bed & thinking the room was spinning... it hasn't happened in a long time, but I'd still like to know what caused it...

hugs to all
Congratulations on your success! And thanks for your (and my other friend's!) kind thoughts and words of encouragement.

I've done a bit of reading on this vertigo thing. If you google Benign Positional Vertigo, there's reams of stuff to read. It's seems to be hard to know what triggers it initially - could be an amusement park ride etc - but it's something that takes place in the inner ear. The older you are, the more common it is. The following link I found quite good at explaining things.

http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com...bppv/bppv.html

It first happened to me last summer - I would wake up from rolling over in my sleep and the room was spinning, but it would subside as I got up and moving in the morning. Then after a week or two it stopped happening altogether, until my little episode in the dentist's chair on Friday. By the afternoon I was feeling much better. The doctor said it could take days for the symptoms to go away altogether. I still felt a little 'unbalanced' when I first got out of bed this morning, but it quickly subsided.

Looks like a sunny day here on the west coast. Might actually get out into the yard today. Have a good day everybody!
Old 02-14-2011, 04:15 AM   #248  

Well, I tried on Saturday, but I kept eating protein and fat foods. So for breakfast I had a slice of whole wheat with one egg and grilled keilbesa (spelling?) and gouda cheese and then was my big cheat...around 1pm we had chicken wings with dipping bread with garlic oil and then dark chocolate with red wine. Then I didn't eat anything else the rest of the day. So I only ended up with the bread and chocolate as carbs (red wine only has .8 to 1.4 carbs per glass and all the sugar is lost during fermentation...you can read endlessly about this anywhere on Internet).

Well, the bread made me sick to my stomach for a few hours Saturday night, but woke up Sunday feeling awesome...but guilty so I followed phase I faithfully....total ketosis this morning. I don't think I knocked myself out. I guess I will just follow phase one until Friday night when I head to Newark to catch my plane to Miami.

Weird, but I see myself not touching too many carbs on the cruise...I see myself choosing protein and fat as my cheats...and wine. I am staying off the scale until Friday morning and then I won't step on it for two weeks...week of cruise and recovery week...I hope to weigh the same this Friday and two weeks from there (or less...even better!)

I am all over the map....I get burnt out and I am ready to stop and then I feel like sticking with it. I am going to assess my position on March 4th.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #249  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Well, I tried on Saturday, but I kept eating protein and fat foods. So for breakfast I had a slice of whole wheat with one egg and grilled keilbesa (spelling?) and gouda cheese and then was my big cheat...around 1pm we had chicken wings with dipping bread with garlic oil and then dark chocolate with red wine. Then I didn't eat anything else the rest of the day. So I only ended up with the bread and chocolate as carbs (red wine only has .8 to 1.4 carbs per glass and all the sugar is lost during fermentation...you can read endlessly about this anywhere on Internet).

Well, the bread made me sick to my stomach for a few hours Saturday night, but woke up Sunday feeling awesome...but guilty so I followed phase I faithfully....total ketosis this morning. I don't think I knocked myself out. I guess I will just follow phase one until Friday night when I head to Newark to catch my plane to Miami.

Weird, but I see myself not touching too many carbs on the cruise...I see myself choosing protein and fat as my cheats...and wine. I am staying off the scale until Friday morning and then I won't step on it for two weeks...week of cruise and recovery week...I hope to weigh the same this Friday and two weeks from there (or less...even better!)

I am all over the map....I get burnt out and I am ready to stop and then I feel like sticking with it. I am going to assess my position on March 4th.
Darbs - what are you trying to do to yourself? Sounds like you went on a binge and then punished yourself by witholding food? This concerns me. You sound very unhappy right now with your indecision about what to do regarding IP. Relax and enjoy your cruise. Stop worrying about the carb count and just be sensible in your choices - you know what is good for you. When you get back, then you can re-assess where you want to go from here.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #250  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post

I know what you mean about choosing not to eat too many carbs. I was thinking that myself last night. We went out for dinner and I had an Asian chicken salad. It was on the restaurants 'healthy choices' menu and the cheat was that the ginger dressing probably had a wee bit of sugar. My husband had linguini carbonera, an all time favourite of mine. I had a tiny taste and it was way too rich. Just too much. I know that if I had eaten that like I would have before IP, it would have made me ill.

I guess my IP habits/preferences have stuck! And that's a good thing.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:28 AM   #251  

Darbs, just a thought. If you want to kick yourself out of ketosis in a healthy way, why not just add some fruit to your diet?
Old 02-14-2011, 09:35 AM   #252  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
Darbs - what are you trying to do to yourself? Sounds like you went on a binge and then punished yourself by witholding food? This concerns me. You sound very unhappy right now with your indecision about what to do regarding IP. Relax and enjoy your cruise. Stop worrying about the carb count and just be sensible in your choices - you know what is good for you. When you get back, then you can re-assess where you want to go from here.
I agree. Darbs, I feel you are all consumed by your diet, rather than you being in control. No matter what the day brings, remember that you can make good choices concerning what you eat. One of the negatives about this diet (and I suppose anything in life) is that it can become all consuming to the point of obsessiveness. You may just need some perspective. You have come so far in your journey. Straying doesn't mean you are off path, it must means a slight bend in the road. You choose which way to continue, and be sure to enjoy yourself along the way!
Old 02-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #253  

No worries....I feel the best I have ever felt...I was so excited that I was able to a have a cheat day and still make good choices during that day. I calculated the calories and they were still well within a good daily range for me.

I was also thrilled that I woke up on Sunday ready to be perfect and not care that I had a few treats the day before.

I didn't mean to come across that I was upset with myself...I guess I should go back and read what I wrote a 4am.

I am thrilled...absolutely thrilled with how I handled my first real treat off of protocol.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #254  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Darbs7 When I was on IP my first round I had 2 cheat days (thanksgiving and christmas) other than that I was faithful with my diet until I went to Mexico. I planned to cheat the whole week and just enjoy my experience. Once I got myself in that mindset it was really helpful. I chose to eat foods I liked and not indulge on foods that were just so so for the sake of doing it. I savored each bite of stuff (they had some amazing deserts which is my weakness). I would try something and if it was not like heaven in my mouth I did not eat it. I also on the advise of my coach brought my packets with me and still had the 3 packets a day. I drank lots of foofy drinks on the beach and totally enjoyed my vaca. I gained 7lbs. When I got home and began IP again faithfuly that 7lbs was gone in 5 days.
My advise is go enjoy your trip ( I just got back from a cruise to the Bahamas in Jan). You will have a ton of fun. Be good to yourself and worry about the rest when you get home.

Kaarin take care of yourself, your health is most important!

Christal88 I am also doing this on my own this time around. I use products from Nausha Neutrition, new lifestyles and proti diet. I also use the eas carb advantage shakes. Best of luck to you!!!

Ok so I had a great weekend crafting with my boss (she is the most amazing crafter and i love her idea's) she is also a GREAT cook and so she made lunch for us (me and my other co worker)! She was trying to be respectful of my diet so she made a crustless queshe (sp)! I did not have any even though it smelled GREAT because it had heavy cream and a cup of bisquick. she also had some grilled pork and veggies. What a great boss, and I am proud I did not cheat. THEN on Sunday I really wanted to cheat sooooooooo bad!! I knew if I left the house I was going to get some chocolate or something else bad for me. So... I stayed in and drank tons of water (had a small peice of cheese) and made cauliflower stuffed mushrooms. I did have some sausage as part of my protein but I felt so good that I did not cheat and give in. I have not seen the scale move in almost two weeks so have been a bit discouraged. I am about a week behind in my TOM so I know that is part of the issue. I got up this am and the scale moved 1lb. YIPPIEEE.
sorry this post is so long, guess there was lots I wanted to say!!
Happy valentines day to you all. I will be having my favorite (compliant) Fajita salad at my fav mexican resteraunt for my V day dinner.

Last edited by mepeterson; 02-14-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:38 AM   #255  

Well, I go for my Ultrasound today to see what this 'mass' is. I have an appointment with my doctor next Monday to go over the results.
My friend says I have to share this little story. When the doctor first told me the other week about feeling this thing that is a little bigger than a golf ball by my ovary, and that is was 'bouncy', meaning filled with fluid, the thought briefly ran through my head "hmmm, how HEAVY is it?" Thinking I might lose a few pounds if they have to take it out!
I have to drink 32 oz of water before the appointment. That part won't be hard since of course I drink a lot of water everyday. The hard part will be NOT going to the bathroom before the ultrasound. I am just hoping I don't drive over any big bumps on my way there!!!
Wish me luck ladies!
Closed Thread