Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #121  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
If I've already made this suggestion in this thread, I apologize. You could have an egg + 1/2 cup egg whites to get the same amount of protein that you have in an IP omelet packet. I often will mix up a couple or 3 days worth in advance in a pyrex measuring cup and then pour it into a non-stick pan in the mornings. Way cheaper, more filling, less mess and almost as easy.
Thanks for the tip! I will use it, as I do love the IP omelets, but not a fan of the costs. I switched to drinks for breakfast in an attempt to shake things up.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #122  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

WOOOOOHOOOOO!! Just got back from my WI, and 3 lbs down!! I haven’t lost three pounds in one week since my very first weigh-in! I did a little happy dance on the scale, and my coach was so pleased. Darbs, if it wouldn’t have been for you, I am not sure the light bulb would have gone off in my head concerning no cardio. Only 7 more lbs then on to phase 3 and the big breakfasts, which I am soooo ready for.

On another note, I told my mom about my big loss this week, and she was anything but supportive. We started IP together last Oct, but she always cheated and has since moved onto low carb. She claims I have been on this diet long enough, it is not healthy, not a ‘balanced’ diet, that it changes personalities and causes hair to fall out. She also said that since I was a size 6, I had lost enough, and how much more did I have to loose anyhow?! Maddening, since she never gave 100% to the program, complained constantly, she is the one with heart issues and needs to loose at least 20 more pounds. I love her dearly, but my success should not be lessened based on her struggles. Thanks for the time to rant. OK, I feel better now.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
WOOOOOHOOOOO!! Just got back from my WI, and 3 lbs down!! I haven’t lost three pounds in one week since my very first weigh-in! I did a little happy dance on the scale, and my coach was so pleased. Darbs, if it wouldn’t have been for you, I am not sure the light bulb would have gone off in my head concerning no cardio. Only 7 more lbs then on to phase 3 and the big breakfasts, which I am soooo ready for.

On another note, I told my mom about my big loss this week, and she was anything but supportive. We started IP together last Oct, but she always cheated and has since moved onto low carb. She claims I have been on this diet long enough, it is not healthy, not a ‘balanced’ diet, that it changes personalities and causes hair to fall out. She also said that since I was a size 6, I had lost enough, and how much more did I have to loose anyhow?! Maddening, since she never gave 100% to the program, complained constantly, she is the one with heart issues and needs to loose at least 20 more pounds. I love her dearly, but my success should not be lessened based on her struggles. Thanks for the time to rant. OK, I feel better now.
I had to chuckle as I read this, because my mother got a little competitive when I started to lose weight. From what I have seen, if there is any personality change on the part of the person losing the weight, it's that they have become more self-confident! Of course that can change interpersonal dynamics, and sometimes is threatening to the other party.

Hang in there, and remember to love yourself more dearly than you love your mother!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #124  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
and to accept that this is not going to be a short term fix for me. I will fortunately and unfortunately probably have to stick close to the tenants of this diet for the rest of my life or I will end up right back where I started (pancreas reset/or not -- I now know how my pancreas reacts and if it has failed or slowed or whatever once it will again if I go back to eating the way I did.)

Thank you all for taking the time to research this yourself - I always think discoveries are made but just putting it out there -- and who knows maybe this will help -at the very least it gets people talking and thinking. There is power in that.
Hi there.... I am an old phase 4er... for lack of a better term.... I chime in every now and again and your quote rings sooo true it is almost as if I wrote it (except I dont hang with scientists... bummer) I think many of us will need to come to the realisation that this is a forever lifestyle change. I have never felt better, I eat clean, keep my program pretty low carb, low GI and I feel cleaner and lighter than I do when I go carb crazy which doesnt happen often but I can sure feel it when I go overboard. It is nice to re-affirm what you have discovered with others, I too was an insulin resisitant, carbavore, I am surprised I wasnt growing bread out my ears, that has all changed and I have IP, this forum, my own research and some perserverance to thank for it!!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #125  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Hi there.... I am an old phase 4er... for lack of a better term.... I chime in every now and again and your quote rings sooo true it is almost as if I wrote it (except I dont hang with scientists... bummer)
OMG! It's so good to see you, and see how well you've done, and continue to do.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #126  

I'm happy (?) to report that I have fuzzy teeth again!!!.. one of my signs of being in ketosis... let the weight loss begin (again)!!!..

Welcome back, shrinkingsusie & wannabeIP... you've been missed!..

hugs

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 02-01-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #127  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

I am so excited to see or read from everyone who is in a similar spot. After two weeks of being more phase 2/3...and not putting on any weight...my first 4 days on IP have proven successful as I have lost 5.2 pounds. I feel as though my goal is obtainable now.

HOpefully I can have 3-4 good weeks in a row and drop another 10 quickly. I want to be at goal by April. Hubby gave me the green light for some skin nips and tucks for my April school break and my boss gave me the green light to take the Friday before break off. I am very excited.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #128  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
I am in an 8 as well, but we are about the same height. I hope to be in a 6 when I reach my goal..............if that ever happens *sigh*
You'll get there! I suspect that the way I've been going (pretty close to a size down per 10 lbs), I'll be in a 2-4 at goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal88 View Post
I have made some observations about the role coffee plays for me. I can't generalize and say that it's going to be true for everyone.

When I started the program I decided to give up coffee as well. After the withdrawal period, which coincided with withdrawing from all things not allowed on IP, it was pretty easy. I slept a lot more but my energy was fine, steady, and reliable. And the more I slept the easier it was for the pounds to slide off.

Over Christmas we had guests who love their coffee, and I started up again. It does taste good when combined with one of the RTDs or the PureProtein vanilla shake! And it gives a boost of energy.

The problem was that the boost of energy didn't last, the same way a sugar boost doesn't last. There was a crashing sensation and a sense of desperation to eat again sooner than the program would allow. I found myself nibbling between meals to overcome that sense of desperate need.

The other thing was that suddenly I was sleeping 5-6 hours instead of 8, even though the coffee had been ingested in the morning. It was great to have that time, but ...... All of the research I have read says that our bodies tend to hold onto or gain weight when we don't have enough sleep.

The lack of sleep sets a whole complex of reactions starting with the brain craving massive amounts of carbohydrates in order to function. Then of course there is that overhanging tiredness at the edge of one's consciousness which makes one hold back on being as active as one would like. And the third problem with diminished sleep is that it acts negatively on the cardiovascular system, making it feel threatened. (not very scientifically expressed, I know.)

So my inner wisdom finally got the best of my desire for that taste, and I stopped the coffee again. My husband has stopped too, to support me. Fortunately he finds Japanese green tea as delicious and refreshing as coffee, so it's no problem for him.

And guess what. I had one AWFUL day of headaches, feeling hung over, and general creakiness. Then I slept a whole lot, and the weight has started to come off again, even though it had been a struggle for the weeks since Christmas.

For me, that's a connection.

One other NSV - I had lost the mental connection to the feeling of getting thinner. It's back, and that's a motivator in itself!
I wonder if this applies to decaf... I've been drinking coffee pretty consistently since Christmas after not having it at all after starting the program. The thing is that I always get decaf (I don't want to go through the caffeine withdrawals again)! I've been loving my iced 'lattes' with the vanilla shake & a couple of decaf shots...
Old 02-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
You'll get there! I suspect that the way I've been going (pretty close to a size down per 10 lbs), I'll be in a 2-4 at goal.

I wonder if this applies to decaf... I've been drinking coffee pretty consistently since Christmas after not having it at all after starting the program. The thing is that I always get decaf (I don't want to go through the caffeine withdrawals again)! I've been loving my iced 'lattes' with the vanilla shake & a couple of decaf shots...
I have wondered the same, but am not going to try that experiment just now. If you have any observations about whether it's affecting your rate of weight loss, let us know!
Old 02-02-2011, 05:48 AM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal88 View Post
I have made some observations about the role coffee plays for me. I can't generalize and say that it's going to be true for everyone.

When I started the program I decided to give up coffee as well. After the withdrawal period, which coincided with withdrawing from all things not allowed on IP, it was pretty easy. I slept a lot more but my energy was fine, steady, and reliable. And the more I slept the easier it was for the pounds to slide off.

Over Christmas we had guests who love their coffee, and I started up again. It does taste good when combined with one of the RTDs or the PureProtein vanilla shake! And it gives a boost of energy.

The problem was that the boost of energy didn't last, the same way a sugar boost doesn't last. There was a crashing sensation and a sense of desperation to eat again sooner than the program would allow. I found myself nibbling between meals to overcome that sense of desperate need.

The other thing was that suddenly I was sleeping 5-6 hours instead of 8, even though the coffee had been ingested in the morning. It was great to have that time, but ...... All of the research I have read says that our bodies tend to hold onto or gain weight when we don't have enough sleep.

The lack of sleep sets a whole complex of reactions starting with the brain craving massive amounts of carbohydrates in order to function. Then of course there is that overhanging tiredness at the edge of one's consciousness which makes one hold back on being as active as one would like. And the third problem with diminished sleep is that it acts negatively on the cardiovascular system, making it feel threatened. (not very scientifically expressed, I know.)

So my inner wisdom finally got the best of my desire for that taste, and I stopped the coffee again. My husband has stopped too, to support me. Fortunately he finds Japanese green tea as delicious and refreshing as coffee, so it's no problem for him.

And guess what. I had one AWFUL day of headaches, feeling hung over, and general creakiness. Then I slept a whole lot, and the weight has started to come off again, even though it had been a struggle for the weeks since Christmas.

For me, that's a connection.

One other NSV - I had lost the mental connection to the feeling of getting thinner. It's back, and that's a motivator in itself!
Good to see you and congrats on sticking with the program. I too gave up coffee when I started the diet, but I have green tea everyday with RTD in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Hey all,
I am back as well. I started my IP journey in Oct 2009. I loss some weight and phased off in April 2010. I kept all my weight off until the end of August when I had a major surgery that laid me up for quite a while. Since then I have been on and off again with IP, on steroids, more medical stuff and a cruise. I was back up to 191 given all this. I have started IP (alternative products) again and am proud to report that I am one week compliant and down to 185!
I can do this. I like many of you am having a hard time being compliant and until last week would make it about 3 days on 3 days off. I am scared because during my 3 days off I eat EVERYTHING!!! No Joke! Here is hoping that I can stick this out and get it done!!
thanks everyone!
ps. I am not changing my ticker until I reach that weight again!!!

Welcome back...I remember seeing you when I first joined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post

So excited for your 3 pound loss. I too have lost since I stopped exercising and returned to 100% protocol (was doing more of a phase III/Atkins). I Started 100% last Friday and I am down 5.2 pounds (I have way more to lose than you...another 20-25 pounds).

Sorry about your mom...I know what you mean. I live about an hour from my mom and since I started I have only seen her 3 times and the first 2 she didn't notice a thing (second time I was down 42 pounds), but the third time she gave me a fake congrats and proceeded to tell me her size and my sister's size...blah blah blah. I won't go there again until I am at goal. It hurts too much.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:37 AM   #131  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

mepeterson Is it safe to assume that all your operations were successful? I certainly hope so. And it's good to have you, and your enthusiasm, back again.

Darbs7 and Crystal88 Thank you so much for your perceptions and the observations they've provoked in others. They're really helpful.

Last edited by Linden; 02-02-2011 at 06:38 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:53 AM   #132  

OMG....so freakin psyched...down another pound again today...that is 6.2 since Friday when I started back 100% protocol. I love this diet...I will never ever ever betray it again (except the cruise!). I have been in ketosis since Sept. 15 (started the 13th only took 2 days to get in) and I will be out for the first time on the cruise...getting nervous, but I will be below my original goal I set with my doctor.

Of course I am going for another 20 beyond that goal. So after the cruise...back at it to the end. I have set a date to stop...May 1st I am going to phase II. So whatever I can lose between now and then would be awesome.

Have a great day everyone and I am so thankful for this forum it is what keeps me going and motivated.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:52 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Darbs, I have to say a big THANKS once again for starting this thread. It really is just what the doctor ordered!
After almost 2 weeks of a cheat here and there and falling off protocol I am now 100% recommitted. I really want to be down at least 10 lbs by the time I go to Mexico.
Yesterday's WI I was only down .1 lb, but did lose another 4 inches. Next Tuesday I'm shooting for 3-4 lbs. I know I can do it if I stay true.

Welcome back to you experience IPers!! You were such an inspiration when I first started back in September. Thanks also for the interesting information about UTIs, coffee etc. I have learned SO MUCH on this journey that will stay with me a lifetime.

Hope you all have a fabulous day!
Old 02-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #134  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

I am in with the recommitment. I haven't been keeping up on the daily threads, and I think it really has made a diff. My losses haven't been so great lately so I am not going to be doing anymore restricteds for a while to get me back in gear. Good luck to you all, I really think you all are a blessing.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #135  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginBAM View Post
I am in with the recommitment. I haven't been keeping up on the daily threads, and I think it really has made a diff. My losses haven't been so great lately so I am not going to be doing anymore restricteds for a while to get me back in gear. Good luck to you all, I really think you all are a blessing.
Don't give up those restricted so quickly...I have been back on protocol 100% since Friday and have dropped 6.2 pounds...I have a restricted every day. Here is what I have every day, maybe it will help:

shake (using Atkins) with green tea

lettuce with 1 tsp evoo and sea salt with banana peppers, cucumbers, celery and an Atkins choco shake

IP bar around 2:30

dinner meat and veggies with 1 tsp of evoo

No exercise and other than dinner I eat the same thing every day...boring a little, but the scale the next day is always a celebration.

YOU got this...we are all going to see each other to the end of this journey....let's all be skinny by JUNE 1st!!!!
Closed Thread