Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 05:20 PM   #211  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Broke down today and finally decided to update my weight on my ticker and profile. It was not downwards either I took a break at Christmas and keep trying to get back with it. I do good for a couple of days then slip again. So tired of losing one pound and then gaining it back. So silly of me to keep wasting my money and mentally thrashing myself for not sticking on program. My weight is all I think about it seems. It's getting the best of me. SOoo, I'm taking a break. I've got to get my mind where it needs to be.

Hopefully I can pull myself up and get back on in early spring. Goodness, it's not that much further to my goal, but for some reason I can't seem to get it going right now. I'm taking a break. Headed out to Phoenix for a few weeks and planning on finishing up this diet when I get home. Maybe I will have a new attitude then and things will be easier for me. I must be sure of myself since yesterday I ordered a new swimsuit. A style a would have never bought before.

I'll keep checking on the rest of you and wish you all the best on IP.

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #212  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

iowahawkeyemom
I totally understand what you mean about needing to get your head in the right place. I had been on IP for a while then phased off. I kept off most of the weight until some major surgeries in August where i gained quite a bit of weight back. I think I tried getting back on the "wagon" in October and have been on again off again for various reasons. I continued to derail myself because I knew I was going on a cruise and several other things. I got home from my cruise in January and decided that I was now in a good place again to start. I am now two weeks in and doing well. I feel like i am in a good place again and my head is where it needs to be (at least for today). good luck to you!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #213  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Hi all. I've had a hard couple of weeks. Just getting burnt out. I can't believe I've been doing this for almost 4 mo and am getting tired when others have done it for much longer than I have. Last Saturday I had a cheat. Not a small one either. I have never had a problem with dinners so I thought it would be the same. Everything was prepared beforehand and I thought I'm going to enjoy it all since if I have 1 bad thing it will mess me up, so why not enjoy? I didn't feel like crap the next day and I didn't feel quilty about it either like I normally would have. I didn't go back for 2nds like I would have in the past. Since then I haven't cheated, but I have wanted to oh so badly. Really bad stuff too. I just keep reminding myself, "some day I can have this....in moderation" and that's whats keeping stay strong. Oh, and I ordered some Lindora products and am having 1 only a day to mix it up a bit. Thats helping a lot too. Good job all, keep up the great work!
Amy I know that feeling...join the new challenge I put up. I need an end date regardless of the weight I am at. This is a strict diet and can be overwhelming. Plus I want to prove to myself that I can keep it off. I have my cruise and will be off that week, but I am going to give 4 perfect phase one weeks after that and 1 perfect phase II week after that and then 1 perfect phase III week after that...then unfortunately I am going on the road with my hubby for work the week after that so...looks like phase IV. I hope to lose 10-15 pounds by April 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Broke down today and finally decided to update my weight on my ticker and profile. It was not downwards either I took a break at Christmas and keep trying to get back with it. I do good for a couple of days then slip again. So tired of losing one pound and then gaining it back. So silly of me to keep wasting my money and mentally thrashing myself for not sticking on program. My weight is all I think about it seems. It's getting the best of me. SOoo, I'm taking a break. I've got to get my mind where it needs to be.

Hopefully I can pull myself up and get back on in early spring. Goodness, it's not that much further to my goal, but for some reason I can't seem to get it going right now. I'm taking a break. Headed out to Phoenix for a few weeks and planning on finishing up this diet when I get home. Maybe I will have a new attitude then and things will be easier for me. I must be sure of myself since yesterday I ordered a new swimsuit. A style a would have never bought before.

I'll keep checking on the rest of you and wish you all the best on IP.

Thanks!
I completely understand and you are so close to goal...take the break...maintain...relax for awhile.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #214  

When I started IP, I decided that I'd follow the program for a set period of time oot to a specific weight. For me the focus on behaviour for a limited time really worked for me. ihope it's the "trick" for you all.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:16 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Hello all
I have been struggling some. I love IP don't get me wrong. It has worked wonders. BUT..... For the last week to 10 days, since I had the flu, I have had my usual breakfast protein drink (same since I started IP in Oct) ever since I was sick 2 hours after my drink I am STARVING. For 16 weeks my drink has held me until lunch just fine.
Next week I think I am going to talk to my coach about moving to phase 2 on March 6. that will be 5 months on IP. I only have 5 lbs to get to my original goal not sure if that is really my ultimate goal or if it is less. I am playing that goal by ear. See how my body continues to change. I think I am ready to start "eating" more I need more chewable protein.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:09 AM   #216  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
Hello all
I have been struggling some. I love IP don't get me wrong. It has worked wonders. BUT..... For the last week to 10 days, since I had the flu, I have had my usual breakfast protein drink (same since I started IP in Oct) ever since I was sick 2 hours after my drink I am STARVING. For 16 weeks my drink has held me until lunch just fine.
Next week I think I am going to talk to my coach about moving to phase 2 on March 6. that will be 5 months on IP. I only have 5 lbs to get to my original goal not sure if that is really my ultimate goal or if it is less. I am playing that goal by ear. See how my body continues to change. I think I am ready to start "eating" more I need more chewable protein.
I was worried about you....I was going to PM you yesterday but I forgot. I know the feeling. At your weight and how good you look...I would move on for sure. I really need to lose 10-15 more pounds (actually more like 25), but at least another 10-15 and then I am moving on too. I hope I can drop them in March because I am phasing off April 1st. I totally believe you are making the correct choice.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:50 AM   #217  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Hello all
I'm not saying yea or nay to moving on, but I'm concerned about the flu. I hate to be writing a post about you and then cite me, but here goes. I've had a rotten head and chest cold and I've sensed that need to taste more/chew something. So I switched to the omelet with an added egg for breakfast, with 4 oz crimini mushrooms (chewy) and some healthy garlic, PLUS gallons of hot tea. It works for me and it's so much food, I don't want to eat for hours. (But I do.) Sure hope this helps. Please get well.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:01 AM   #218  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Hello all
Ladyvrod,

I have always had a huge appetite, and the drinks were never a good substitute for me, especially when I was sick. I find that when I am sick, or recovering, the internal need to feed (to just feel better) is strong. Linden has a good point about eggs for breakfast. I hope you are recovered soon, and back where you want to be. I have been in phase 2 for a while now, and find I am less hungry. Good luck, and so sorry you had the flu!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:11 AM   #219  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Feeling a bit discouraged today. I have been 100% compliant with the program and I am not loosing. I know my TOM is all screwy since being back on the diet and it has not come (means it is just around the corner) but I just feel sad today. I lost 8lbs my first week back, then 1lb my second! I am 2 days into the 3rd week and i actually went up a lb. The only think that I can think of is that I have one restricted a day. I really don't want to give it up. (ohh boy that sounds bad)! It is just that I have a pretty busy life with working full time, owning my own business complete with home parties (hostess food), shooting pool two nights a week (complete with fried food) and the general stresses of life. I feel like I need something that resembles a treat or real food. Am I just whining? I feel like I have lost inches although I have not measured. I know the scale will move I think I am just having a tough day. thanks for listening!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #220  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hello all
I moved to Phase 2 about 10 weeks into the program and my body loved it. I began to lose weight more and inches. I lost my original 45 lbs in 17 weeks. I think that your body is so used to the way you are eating that it totally needs a "shaking" up a bit. I would strongly suggest moving and not waiting until March. Just my opinion
Old 02-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #221  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
Ladyvrod,

I have always had a huge appetite, and the drinks were never a good substitute for me, especially when I was sick. I find that when I am sick, or recovering, the internal need to feed (to just feel better) is strong. Linden has a good point about eggs for breakfast. I hope you are recovered soon, and back where you want to be. I have been in phase 2 for a while now, and find I am less hungry. Good luck, and so sorry you had the flu!
Have you continued to lose weight in Phase 2, as carlasherea did?.. maybe I should try that...

hugs

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 02-11-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #222  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Feeling a bit discouraged today. I have been 100% compliant with the program and I am not loosing. I know my TOM is all screwy since being back on the diet and it has not come (means it is just around the corner) but I just feel sad today. I lost 8lbs my first week back, then 1lb my second! I am 2 days into the 3rd week and i actually went up a lb. The only think that I can think of is that I have one restricted a day. I really don't want to give it up. (ohh boy that sounds bad)! It is just that I have a pretty busy life with working full time, owning my own business complete with home parties (hostess food), shooting pool two nights a week (complete with fried food) and the general stresses of life. I feel like I need something that resembles a treat or real food. Am I just whining? I feel like I have lost inches although I have not measured. I know the scale will move I think I am just having a tough day. thanks for listening!!!
I feel your pain....2 weeks ago I lost 8 pounds that week after 2 weeks of not losing. And since Monday, the only thing the scale has done is go up 1.6 pounds. I am frustrated to no end. I stick to protocol perfect 100%. I also have a restricted each day and I don't think I can give them up.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #223  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Have you continued to lose weight in Phase 2, as carlasherea did?.. maybe I should try that...
I stalled for a bit, but then gave up my beloved cardio and am back to loosing 2-3 lbs a week. I am very close to my goal, which is probably another reason the loss has slowed, but I plan on moving on to phase three 2/22. Phase 2 gives you a lot more freedom concerning food choices. It may be worth it for you to give it a try.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I was worried about you....I was going to PM you yesterday but I forgot. I know the feeling. At your weight and how good you look...I would move on for sure. I really need to lose 10-15 more pounds (actually more like 25), but at least another 10-15 and then I am moving on too. I hope I can drop them in March because I am phasing off April 1st. I totally believe you are making the correct choice.
Thank you for your concern. And the vote of confidence. I appreciate that. I am allllll better the flu was just a couple of days, thank goodness.
I have been having a hard time "being good" I have been getting so many compliments, which is great and makes me feel good, but it makes it hard to not start eating whatever I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I'm not saying yea or nay to moving on, but I'm concerned about the flu. I hate to be writing a post about you and then cite me, but here goes. I've had a rotten head and chest cold and I've sensed that need to taste more/chew something. So I switched to the omelet with an added egg for breakfast, with 4 oz crimini mushrooms (chewy) and some healthy garlic, PLUS gallons of hot tea. It works for me and it's so much food, I don't want to eat for hours. (But I do.) Sure hope this helps. Please get well.
haha Linden cite away! I am all better now. Thank you! Just hungry!
Old 02-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Default I'm Back!!!!!

Hi Ladies
Well we are enjoying our winter home in the sun....a little toooo much!

I am having a very hard time staying on protocol...seems almost everyday we are going/doing something which usually includes eating out. I take my raspberry/vinaigrette dressings...but not doing great with choices

I need to get back on track and reading this thread has got me motivated again!!!
So here I go!!!!!!!

Thanks for the support I love all you gals. Gaile
Closed Thread