maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

bump
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:49 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5'3"

I did a no-no tonight. We ate dinner at 5pm then i went to Walmart to get some things. Well I got really hungrey, this was about 9. So I bought a box of Atkins bars & had one on my way home. I feel so guilty now. I have been doing so good for the last 11 days. I guess I will have to remember from now on to bring some veggies and extra water.
Jaclyn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:53 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 283/241/133

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaclyn06 View Post
I did a no-no tonight. We ate dinner at 5pm then i went to Walmart to get some things. Well I got really hungrey, this was about 9. So I bought a box of Atkins bars & had one on my way home. I feel so guilty now. I have been doing so good for the last 11 days. I guess I will have to remember from now on to bring some veggies and extra water.
At least it was an Atkins bar and not a MARS bar, or a Butterfinger, or a Reese's! If you are anything like me, it wasn't that long ago that it would have been the very unhealthy choice, not the Atkins choice!

Good luck, and don't let the guilt from this incident sabotage your future success!!

Sherilyn
Shetaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:27 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Don't feel guilty!! I've had Atkins bars..they are low carb!!
Hollmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:52 PM   #170  

S/C/G: S205/G145-150

Height: 5'9" **started 2/17/11**

Well, after a solid month on IP with no cheats whatsoever, I finally gave in to the craving for pizza that I had been ignoring for a month straight. (The funny thing is that I would have thought I'd be craving chocolate...anyways).

Here was my experience: I ordered a pepperoni pizza. I tasted nothing like what I remembered. It was too sweet! How weird is that? My kids (who have also gone a month without pizza) said it tasted just like it always did, so I know it was my tastes that had changed. I had cinnamon sticks with it and they were disgusting--also a strange experience for me. I tried a spoonful of peanut butter--nasty, a couple of fries--nasty.

I consider this experience a pure success. Why? Well, I gave into the cravings and found that I had built them up in my mind to be better than what they were in reality. On top of that, I got my heartburn back, something I haven't had for a full month while on the diet.

I now know concretely and have documented it in my journal that cheating isn't worth it on several levels: there's the fact that I just set myself back a week or so weight-wise, then there's the fact that the foods I craved didn't live up to the glorious visions my mind turned them into.

I love these kind of experiments that reinforce good behavior.
kellibelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Wow! Weekends are brutal!
This is the start of my 3rd week and both weekends I ended up cheating on Sunday-yesterday was good until my hubby brought home kfc! I tried to only eat the meat, but the skin is sooo yummy! And the coleslaw! I could strangle him!

Sigh. Back at er today. Strict strict strict for the week.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:21 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5' 7"

I had a blue ribband today before tea...I know they're only 99 calories. And it was just a little hiccup. But I've been doing so well. I wish everyone else in this house ate the same as me, cos I know I wouldn'thave had it if it wasn't inthe house to start with! So frustrated with myself.
MusicalJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:42 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 160/IP 155/146/118

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy CRAZY Behavior

I am not sure this is the correct place to post this, but here goes......

Food is my addiction. Before I started IP I was steadily gaining and bingeing nightly and if I started early in the day it was all day. Out of desperation I decided to try IP and was THRILLED. When you adhere to this diet, it works. In 17 weeks I lost 37 pounds and went from a size 14 to 4. I can't ever remember being this size. When you work IP, it works and it works fast!

I was loving life and me until Phase IV started. It has been 3 months and I am on a constant seesaw from bingeing to Phase I/II. Within 2-3 days I am back to my ideal weight and then it starts again with the bingeing. This is insane behavior especially since I savor the food in Phase 1 and am very satisfied and more energetic, but in Phase IV, it becomes a free for all, bingeing, feeling disgusting, tired, out of control and angry. I'm thinking that certain foods trigger me (thanks I'm Svelting) like splenda, wheat products, gum, Bite Ones, even Pure Protein Bars.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Can anyone help me live a more balanced food life. I don't want to gain my weight back, but the system I currently have is not working. Help me to break away from ideal IPer on Monday, but Audrey the plant in Little Shop of Horrors on Tuesday?

Thanks,

P.S. I have tried Overeaters Anonymous and it was not helpful. My next plan is wire my jaws shut. Please help me if you can.
janedocmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #174  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

bump
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:50 PM   #175  

Quote:
Originally Posted by janedocmom View Post
I am not sure this is the correct place to post this, but here goes......

Food is my addiction. Before I started IP I was steadily gaining and bingeing nightly and if I started early in the day it was all day. Out of desperation I decided to try IP and was THRILLED. When you adhere to this diet, it works. In 17 weeks I lost 37 pounds and went from a size 14 to 4. I can't ever remember being this size. When you work IP, it works and it works fast!

I was loving life and me until Phase IV started. It has been 3 months and I am on a constant seesaw from bingeing to Phase I/II. Within 2-3 days I am back to my ideal weight and then it starts again with the bingeing. This is insane behavior especially since I savor the food in Phase 1 and am very satisfied and more energetic, but in Phase IV, it becomes a free for all, bingeing, feeling disgusting, tired, out of control and angry. I'm thinking that certain foods trigger me (thanks I'm Svelting) like splenda, wheat products, gum, Bite Ones, even Pure Protein Bars.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Can anyone help me live a more balanced food life. I don't want to gain my weight back, but the system I currently have is not working. Help me to break away from ideal IPer on Monday, but Audrey the plant in Little Shop of Horrors on Tuesday?

Thanks,

P.S. I have tried Overeaters Anonymous and it was not helpful. My next plan is wire my jaws shut. Please help me if you can.
This might sound a little crazy, but when you are an "addictive" type person, you have to find a healthy addiction. I started knitting! LOL I've knitted socks, scarves, hats...anything to keep my mind occupied and my hands busy. I can't grab food, it'll get all over my yarn! I've also mastered photoshop, my camera and finished scrapbooks that I started years ago! Just find something you love to do and you'll find yourself in "R" mode-Right brain activity, you'll become so immersed in your "project" that you'll forget about food and lose track of time! Good Luck!
blkbmr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:37 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenae1968 View Post
I've read most of these posts and they have helped me decide to restart IP. I was on IP for 7 weeks and lost 21 lbs. Then my sweetie came from across the world for a visit and we cheated horribly for his 3 week visit. Now I'm having a horrible time trying to restart. I have regained 6 lbs and still have 25 left to lose. (I'd be fine anywhere from 15 to 25). I want to do this ASAP so I can move down the phases and restart exercise. I have a triathlon in August and on IP I huff and puff going up a flight of stairs.

These inspirational posts have helped me re-commit (I have tried to restart off and on for a few weeks and keep going off) and I have purged the house of cheat foods. Start tomorrow anew. (Cross your fingers).

ANY tips are welcome! (I was totally stalled at the end of the 7 weeks losing barely a lb a week or staying the same and the...constipation...Ack!) I'm hoping this bad cheat will restart my system to lose again.
I'm in a similar boat. I had to quit my coach 5 weeks ago - long story but it was the right move and it's taken me almost 5 weeks to find another source for the IP products. During that time, I did low carb with maybe one IP packet a day. I haven't really lost anything in 5 weeks and then I took the last 3 weekends as cheat weekends and have gained a few back. I was doing so well, I'm mad that I've been thrown off schedule and like you, am having a hard time getting back on program. I had a mostly good day today, but I did put some feta cheese in my big salad at lunch and I've been using a litle half and half in my one small cup of decaf coffee in the am instead of the vanilla rtd. It's hard to go back to the completely hard core version of the diet when I'm no longer going to a coach for WI's and accountability.
esammy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:42 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

bump
rondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:22 AM   #178  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I have been in the same position of up and down addiction. Last January I joined a boot camp that exercises 4 times a week. It really has helped me stabilize and focus on losing. I know some coaches say no exercise, but I have done 40 minutes of cross trainer everyday and am still losing. If you look at the exercise blog, others are exercising also.
I am very glad to find this site. My coach is extremely rigid about IP and not supportive . I had to go to a wine dinner the other night. There was nothing to do but eat as low carb as possible..I drank water in my wine glass..but still went up a pound. We are all faced with situations that do not allow the perfect IP..that is why the support here is so helpful.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #179  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

i have been on IP since jan 31. i never cheated until last weekend. BIG mistake. it opened the door for a major binge yesterday that has left me sick as a dog today. yesterday i had 2 dr peppers, 2 chocolate chip cookies, and from sonic i got 2 orders of cheddar peppers, cheesesticks and a chili cheese coney. i feel so sick today. i have a history of eating disorders and i cant believe i gave in to those demons yesterday
cajunbumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
What I find to be the hardest is stopping once I've started. It's like, I've already screwed up, why not keep going? In the last couple of weeks, I've made the mistake of bringing in bad things (Cadbury mini eggs, I'm looking at you!) and I was allowing myself 2 a day. But even just having 2, I found myself wanting more. I couldn't bring myself to throw them away (and waste perfectly good yummy chocolate that is only available this time of year?), so I tucked them under all the meat and veggies in my freezer. It's easier for me when I can't see them, because I forget they are even there. I know they will be waiting for me when all of this is over.
I so get it Mrs. D. I know I'm a carb addict. I discovered that I'm a worse sugar addict. I was hosting Mother's Day at my house and wanted to serve a lovely, fancy dessert that my friend made when she hosted Easter. A home made meringue, a Pavlova actually, served with ice cream and a home made strawberry sauce. And then you have all these egg yolks left from the meringue so they suggest you make a key lime pie which I hadn't done for years...WHAT WAS I THINKING! I wanted to impress some of my guests and I thought I could just take a crumb size taste - like I did on Easter - and be done with it. WRONG! And what is even worse is that the night before at canasta one of the ladies brought a birthday cake in honor of her husband and mine (they were born the same day same year)- caught me by surprise because the birthday was 4 days ago. I wasn't mentally prepared. I took a taste - heaven - and proceeded to eat THREE pieces! then some chocolate candy she had out. Then the Pavlova and THREE pieces of Key Lime Pie. I had been doing soo well. But I knew that it was a slippery slope that I am on. I have lost 36 lbs and everyone is so proud of me and I feel so good about myself. My youngest son is home for a couple of days before he graduates...He just made popcorn...I'm out of ketosis and only up about 1 -2 lbs but I feel out of control - do you know what I mean? If I do a cheat of cheese or mayo or something, or even a chip, I've handled it. But today I feel like the Charlie Sheen of desserts! So Mrs. D. your mini eggs don't seem like much to me but it is a slippery slope - step away from the eggs - before you end up like me! Would someone please holler at me - actually would multiple people holler at me?!!

Last edited by deelee10; 05-09-2011 at 05:28 PM.
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote