Old 07-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #256  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

I thought I would add this as I found it very interesting, it is from Dr Tran's book.

A slice of bread won’t make you gain weight, but it’ll keep you from
losing it.
A plate of rice won’t make you gain weight, but it’ll keep you from
losing it.
A glass of wine won’t make you gain weight, but it’ll keep you from
losing it.
A food that is harmless in a normal situation is no longer harmless
in a weight-loss situation. It becomes the enemy, a food that keeps
you from losing weight.
When you follow the protein diet, you radically change your situation
and must follow the diet’s instructions to the letter.
Remember, sugars are eliminated until your pancreas has been
given a break and the process that forces your body to draw on its
reserves has begun.
When you lose weight, you live off your reserves.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #257  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I thought I would add this as I found it very interesting, it is from Dr Tran's book.

A slice of bread won’t make you gain weight, but it’ll keep you from
losing it.
A plate of rice won’t make you gain weight, but it’ll keep you from
losing it.
A glass of wine won’t make you gain weight, but it’ll keep you from
losing it.
A food that is harmless in a normal situation is no longer harmless
in a weight-loss situation. It becomes the enemy, a food that keeps
you from losing weight.
When you follow the protein diet, you radically change your situation
and must follow the diet’s instructions to the letter.
Remember, sugars are eliminated until your pancreas has been
given a break and the process that forces your body to draw on its
reserves has begun.
When you lose weight, you live off your reserves.
WHAT AN EXCELLENT REMINDER of why we're here in the 1st place and what it takes to not be here for the rest of our lives. Thank you so much for this MUCH NEEDED mental image 2RIDEROLLERCOAST!
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #258  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddyOnAMission View Post
Hello fellows IPers
I'm feeling like ish (pardon my french) this week...
I started IP on July 5 and 5 days in, on Sunday July 10th, I went insane and had a cheatfest. It started on saturday night with 3 cranberry/vodkas and some jello shots at the club (ive noticed that my typical weekend activities don't mesh well with this IP diet since getting wasted at a club requires a lot of calories :P) then sunday i just lost control and went all out.
I weighed myself on July 12 (exactly a week after I started) and I was down 7 pounds. What kills me is thinking that I could have lost more had I not cheated. And the anticipation of wondering if I'll lose any weight THIS week is driving my nutssss! ARGH! Is there a chance my body didn't freak out when I had my cheat-a-thon and it perhaps won't take DAYS for it to jump back into ketosis?? Is there anything I can do to make-up for Sundays cheating frenzy?

Help Help Help!

-Maddy (=^o^=)

PS. Incase anyone was curious what evil demon was the cause of my cheating...it all started with cranberry juice and his evil sidekick vodka, then came the jello shots, followed by sushi....and a Magnum Ice cream bar, and 4 sugar cookies, and strawberries, and a grilled cheese sandwich. ughhhhh! i hate drunk-eating! I think I'll have to say adios to the alcohol for a few months because everytime I come home from after drinking at the clubs I tend to eat everything in sight! anyone have any advice for this problem? :/
I think you should really read Dr Tran's book, it is very helpful and it explains why NO Cheats are vital to this diet. You have cheated so move on, you probably won't lose anything this week and you will have to get back into ketosis again. Yes alcohol is evil and that is probably why it isn't allowed as it is empty calories. I watched a show one day where a lady had drank a fifth of vodka, the nutrionalist showed her, in the matter of food how much calories she consumed. It was like a 5 foot round table FULL of all the greasy fatty foods you could think of... That was a great visial of what you have just done to your body. Being young you will have a hard time not drinking alcohol, but this diet isn't forever and you can have A drink again... Hang in there and keep working at it.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:20 AM   #259  

Quote:
Hello fellows IPers
I'm feeling like ish (pardon my french) this week...
I started IP on July 5 and 5 days in, on Sunday July 10th, I went insane and had a cheatfest. It started on saturday night with 3 cranberry/vodkas and some jello shots at the club (ive noticed that my typical weekend activities don't mesh well with this IP diet since getting wasted at a club requires a lot of calories :P) then sunday i just lost control and went all out.
I weighed myself on July 12 (exactly a week after I started) and I was down 7 pounds. What kills me is thinking that I could have lost more had I not cheated. And the anticipation of wondering if I'll lose any weight THIS week is driving my nutssss! ARGH! Is there a chance my body didn't freak out when I had my cheat-a-thon and it perhaps won't take DAYS for it to jump back into ketosis?? Is there anything I can do to make-up for Sundays cheating frenzy?

Help Help Help!

-Maddy (=^o^=)

PS. Incase anyone was curious what evil demon was the cause of my cheating...it all started with cranberry juice and his evil sidekick vodka, then came the jello shots, followed by sushi....and a Magnum Ice cream bar, and 4 sugar cookies, and strawberries, and a grilled cheese sandwich. ughhhhh! i hate drunk-eating! I think I'll have to say adios to the alcohol for a few months because everytime I come home from after drinking at the clubs I tend to eat everything in sight! anyone have any advice for this problem? :/
Maddy, adios the clubs! You will have so much fun shopping for cute skinny clothes and it's not that far in your future if you just STICK WITH THE DIET!!! Every time you DO go to a club, take the money you would have spent on food and drinks, put it in a "clothes" envelope or better yet a savings account where you can't touch it until the BIG shopping spree! Trust me, you'll be glad you did. You won't believe how much money you will accumulate in just a months worth of weekends! Then you'll be counting backwards and thinking, sheesh....I could have bought matching shoes for all these cute outfits!Party on? NOOOOOO!!!!
blkbmr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #260  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I think you should really read Dr Tran's book, it is very helpful and it explains why NO Cheats are vital to this diet. You have cheated so move on, you probably won't lose anything this week and you will have to get back into ketosis again. Yes alcohol is evil and that is probably why it isn't allowed as it is empty calories. I watched a show one day where a lady had drank a fifth of vodka, the nutrionalist showed her, in the matter of food how much calories she consumed. It was like a 5 foot round table FULL of all the greasy fatty foods you could think of... That was a great visial of what you have just done to your body. Being young you will have a hard time not drinking alcohol, but this diet isn't forever and you can have A drink again... Hang in there and keep working at it.
Started the book last night and couldn't put it down. Finished it this morning. WOW! I no longer have any desire to cheat. That sense of "I deserve a break" is GONE! Thank you to all who suggested reading our founder's book and it is free! I also enjoyed his website and like listening to the French Lady chef (and watch) making Veal Saltimbocca. Smile. I felt like I'd gone on an international adventure! Smile.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:43 PM   #261  
started IP on 6/17/2011

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5''

Well dangit. Today I woke up with a stomach bug. After trying everything IP permitted under the sun to no avail...I had some diet rite and about a half of a cup worth of crackers crushed up in some chicken broth.

How bad do you think this is going to set me back? I have been chugging as much water as I can hold now that I am finally able to hold ANYTHING down...and the ketostix dont read anything.... I am on my fifth week....
champaignsupernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:49 PM   #262  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

This is called "im going to cheat" night..Its a night..where im going to cheat..and im so angry right now im going to buy donuts..cause i dont know what else to do...and i just want a donut! Its not going to make me gain weight..it might set me back a week but by god if im going to be on this plan for over a year.. i mine as well be able to enjoy a night every so often off plan.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Port - take a deep breath and skip the dang donut. It is this thinking, that giving your body a nasty fried donut as a "treat" that probably got you here to the place to need the special diet (just assuming). Let's start tonight with a change of mindset. Have an additional IP packet instead. Take a chocolate drink, extra water, freeze it. Eat it with a spoon and enjoy like an ice cream!!!! Or have an IP bar, it'll taste like dessert! You don't want to be on here a year and half and if you are going to do cheat days, you will add a week at least for each momentary lapse in judgment. A donut is SOooooooooooo not worth it, but you are Sooooooooooo worth staying on the straight and narrow. This diet does work so quickly that if you are true to protocol, in a day or so you will be down a pound. Now THAT is a treat!! Good luck and stay strong!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #264  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Port - take a deep breath and skip the dang donut. It is this thinking, that giving your body a nasty fried donut as a "treat" that probably got you here to the place to need the special diet (just assuming). Let's start tonight with a change of mindset. Have an additional IP packet instead. Take a chocolate drink, extra water, freeze it. Eat it with a spoon and enjoy like an ice cream!!!! Or have an IP bar, it'll taste like dessert! You don't want to be on here a year and half and if you are going to do cheat days, you will add a week at least for each momentary lapse in judgment. A donut is SOooooooooooo not worth it, but you are Sooooooooooo worth staying on the straight and narrow. This diet does work so quickly that if you are true to protocol, in a day or so you will be down a pound. Now THAT is a treat!! Good luck and stay strong!

WELL SAID and TOTALLY agree with you.

Port- Get out of the house, go to the movies, go for a walk, read a book, go do something. Your life doesn't revolve around food, you need to think of OTHERS things. Go for a drive, you need to find another out for your emotions instead of eating!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 07-17-2011 at 08:20 PM.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #265  

Quote:
AWESOME ADVICE!!! Please listen to it. Please...
Old 07-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #266  
Porthardygurl

Ok...didnt eat 6 donuts..but did cheat...
Ate a gluten free pizza with low carb toppings when we went out for dinner last night and ended up eating..2 nanimo bars too..boo...
But successfully did not eat any donuts..this is good..cause i was so angry that i wanted to yesterday..but i didnt go to the store angry..

So..i cheated.. i feel bad..AND...im kicking myself for not remembering how hard this past week had been already..der..why i cant i remember how hard it is in the first place...if i could remember i probably wouldnt have cheated as bad....

Enough excuses..i got my stuff prepped for today..its going to be an OP week..im sorry i let everyone on here down..myself included..i guess thats partly what happens when your not prepared..like me.. i was unprepared all days..

Does anyone else find it harder to stay OP when your at home on the weekends instead of at work? Cause when im at work its the easiest to stay OP
Old 07-18-2011, 05:39 PM   #267  

Quote:
Okayy so i posted here a few days ago whining about my cheating. lol so I just wanted to let everyone who helped me with my cheating frenzy know that I finally have my blog (somewhat) up and running for maddyonamission, AND i'm having the first giveaway right now and someone will win one my of FAVORITE skincare products ever and you have until august 1st to win! come to my blog and cheer me on! I have 9 months to lose 130 pounds! xoxo
maddyonamission.blogspot.com
Maddy your blog won't let me leave comments ... it just keeps asking me to log in to blogger and I do and then it takes me back to comments and then asks me to log in to blogger ... blah blah blah

I dunno if its' glitching for everyone or just me but I thought i'd give you a heads up

Last edited by jordanna; 07-18-2011 at 05:40 PM.
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #268  

So I feel like I have been in a downward spiral with my cheats. A little extra veggies here, a little extra protein there, an extra scoop of whey protein in my coffee, a tablespoon of natural peanut butter. A 4th IP packet. Splenda packets. Diet RC. Exercising. By the end of the day, I must be adding 350-400 extra calories. I am generally ok with a calorie increase and slowing weight loss provided I am not throwing myself out of ketosis. Not sure if I am striking a good balance or just messing it all up . . . It is too early to tell but I do know that so many little cheats this early in the game is not such a good idea :/
Old 07-18-2011, 11:57 PM   #269  
Porthardygurl

Quote:
So I feel like I have been in a downward spiral with my cheats. A little extra veggies here, a little extra protein there, an extra scoop of whey protein in my coffee, a tablespoon of natural peanut butter. A 4th IP packet. Splenda packets. Diet RC. Exercising. By the end of the day, I must be adding 350-400 extra calories. I am generally ok with a calorie increase and slowing weight loss provided I am not throwing myself out of ketosis. Not sure if I am striking a good balance or just messing it all up . . . It is too early to tell but I do know that so many little cheats this early in the game is not such a good idea :/
K...me and you need to stick together..its evident we have both been cheating..(slaps your hand..slaps my hand) Shame on us! Lol...But no seriously..we need to hold each other accountable even if it means we start writing down for others to see what we are eating in a day...cause while penut butter wont kill ketosis..the fat and calories will.. and while i havent seen proof that a 4th packet will kill you... i know eventually we are both going to have to cut it out of our diet..cause im like you..im doing a 4th..for fear im not getting enough protein in a day...and im slacking on my veggies time to time too...so...accountability!!! Lets do it!
Old 07-19-2011, 09:57 AM   #270  

Why would you think you are not getting enough protein in day? I have heard that it is ok to have a 4th packet if you are super hungry, but not because you have insufficient protein. What does your coach say about your need for it?

For me, it is often hunger, fatigue plus a craving (just a plain ol' desire to eat, unfortunately) that leads me to packet 4. Usually on my more active / physical days (but not always).

As for the other, I don't think that fat and calories will, actually, affect ketosis because I think that is a carb driven thing, but I won't burn fat the way it is intended if I am adding in more cals and fat . . . that's for sure! I am not sure if staying 100% OP would have resulted in more weight loss or not. I was great my first week, lost 6 pounds. Am now more than 1/2 way through my second week and I am down about 1.5 pounds. . . I think I may be slowing it :/