Old 02-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #136  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Here I am on Phase III and have spent the weekend acting more like I was on phase IV! All started out with going away for the weekend to visit the kids and grandkids... I was planning on having some wine while visiting but wasn't quite prepared for the Lobster filled raviolli supper my daughter in law had prepared as a special treat. She had a plate of veggies all cut up which was great but I hadn't planned on pasta...kept it to a bare minimum but it certainly was way off protocol. I had an IP pudding on the drive there so wasn't starving which I believe helped. Damage was less than a lb and I'm back on track but am feeling hungrier than normal today.
CBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi. I found myself getting hungry and struggling with my lifetime problem of wanting more to eat at night. The last 2 weeks I've resumed my social life which puts me in dangerous contact with food which involved pizza and one where I was surrounded by every little Valentine's chocolate you could imagine. I have lost 13 lbs total in the last 4 weeks. I'm okay with that. My goal is 35 - would love to lose 50. I got the IP bars at my last WI. They have 11 carbs. I have consumed 6 of them in 3 days and am barely in ketosis. How much time do you generally spend with your coach at weigh ins? I was rushed in at out this time, I could have used a pep talk. I drive 40 minutes to get to this place. I was so psyched those first 2 weeks. I'm feeling a little let down by my coach. I think I'm going to try to pull myself up by my bootstraps and try to get back to good ketosis and faster weight loss that is so encouraging. What do you do to get back on track?

Last edited by deelee10; 02-13-2011 at 08:13 PM. Reason: too long
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:08 AM   #138  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee10 View Post
Hi. I found myself getting hungry and struggling with my lifetime problem of wanting more to eat at night. The last 2 weeks I've resumed my social life which puts me in dangerous contact with food which involved pizza and one where I was surrounded by every little Valentine's chocolate you could imagine. I have lost 13 lbs total in the last 4 weeks. I'm okay with that. My goal is 35 - would love to lose 50. I got the IP bars at my last WI. They have 11 carbs. I have consumed 6 of them in 3 days and am barely in ketosis. How much time do you generally spend with your coach at weigh ins? I was rushed in at out this time, I could have used a pep talk. I drive 40 minutes to get to this place. I was so psyched those first 2 weeks. I'm feeling a little let down by my coach. I think I'm going to try to pull myself up by my bootstraps and try to get back to good ketosis and faster weight loss that is so encouraging. What do you do to get back on track?
Whoa! 6 bars in 3 days! You do know you are only supposed to have one/day right? Everyone has a different experience with their coach. My coach runs IP out of her home (small town) and because of that we are all 'friends'. I'm never rushed and we spend a lot of time talking. She also measures me with every weigh-in. Stand your ground with your coach. You have paid for the service - get it. When s/he is rushing you out say "wait, I have more questions." If all else fails you can definitely get answers and support from here. Most of the long-timers have more knowledge than some of the coaches out there, mainly from personal experience. Read old posts and follow the daily chat. As for getting back on track...go back to day 1. Stay on protocal and journal your intake of food, supplements and water.
Mamadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Mamadancer. Yes, I know I'm only supposed to have one bar a day. I'm such a food addict - I won't be buying those again for a while. I'm like a drug addict that goes to the clinic once a day for their methadone. I can't be trusted with a whole box of them! Yesterday I only had one bar - cuz there was only one bar left! Today will be back to day 1.
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 151/136.6/125

Height: 5ft. 3in.

Default I cheated

Uggg, I gave in to temptation (chocolate EVERYWHERE for Valentine's Day). So I had a movie theater size box of chocolate cov'd almonds, some chocolate cov'd cookies and 3 chocolates from a heart shaped box that my boss handed out. I did ok in the beginning of the day and gave away the truffle that was put on my desk by one of my co-workers, but then PMS, stress, and nerves about my minor, yet unpleasant procedure at the Dr.'s this afternoon set in. Unfortunately, I didn't have an IP bar with me because I've only been on the diet for 15 days, but I wish I would've eaten that instead. I even had the IP chocolate drink with me, but didn't bother to make it. Anyway, that cheat is in the past and hope to never repeat it. I wonder how far it set me back?
butterfly30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #141  

Quote:
I got the IP bars at my last WI. They have 11 carbs. I have consumed 6 of them in 3 days and am barely in ketosis.
I had a hard time with the bars too. Take it from me, step away from the bars. I gave up buying them by the box. I'm not buying IP products now, but when I want a bar, I buy a single one, **never** multiples.
Quote:
How much time do you generally spend with your coach at weigh ins? I was rushed in at out this time, I could have used a pep talk. I drive 40 minutes to get to this place. I was so psyched those first 2 weeks. I'm feeling a little let down by my coach. I think I'm going to try to pull myself up by my bootstraps and try to get back to good ketosis and faster weight loss that is so encouraging. What do you do to get back on track?
Sorry to hear that your last experience with your coach wasn't what you wanted. Have you asked for more time? As for getting back on track, what worked for me was focus on the plan one meal, one choice at a time.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

Default sick so ate carbs and caved some more

ok i guess i need to confess. i have been dealing with a ton of stress. i ended up getting a wicked bad cold and still sticking to plan gained 2 pounds. the next day the cold hit me hard. my dad told me to eat carbs just be select about them and it will help me get better. OMG i felt like a drug addict that was given permission to do drugs. and i felt like it afterwards too. suddenly had energy, suddenly not achie, suddenly alert. IT WAS CRAZY! the 2 pounds that i gained the day before stayed but no more came on. and that's after eating: chips and salsa, pizza, breadsticks, crackers and even cup of noodle soup. The next day (sat) i went back on plan strong. AND MY COLD WAS PRETTY MUCH GONE! lost those 2 pounds in one day.

then valentines day comes. i decide i am going do enjoy myself but stay away from starch. I ended up eating a large steak and lobster. and my salad was a carpese salad (so mozzarella, tomatoe and sugary balsamic dressing) then we went to the movies and i had a package of red vines. and when i got home a piece of pizza. TODAY i'm up 3 pounds IN ONE DAY. finally cut off contact from my ex and i caved and had a lamars pudding filled donut just now. i loved every minute of it. Now i am weighing in tonight and wishing i could just skip this week. i am worried that now that i "cheated" im just gonna lose that resolve and determination i had before.
I am worried that this is what my life will be like even after i get to goal. that i am going to try to go back to "normal" eating...cause in all reality compared to usual behavior i would have eatin WAY WORSE, and everything is just gonna make me gain
I'm frustrated. it makes me wanna throw in the towel and go down to russells for some candy.
amber2beme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #143  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

bump
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 318/291/220

Height: 6'3.5

Default Epic fail

Tues-Thursday I did great on the protocol, but I went out of town to visit family Friday to Sunday. Friday I did good all night long until I ate dinner. I ate a steak, asparagus, and then ate a half cup of potatoes. We went to the late movies and I gave in to some milk duds. I got up Saturday and alright in the morning, then at lunch they wanted to eat at chick-fila. I ate a wrap with grilled chicken, a fruit cup, and drank a lemonade. I passed on the chicken sandwich but just couldn't give up the lemonade and fruit. I did pass on the shake everybody else was drinking though. Saturday night I ate steak that was too large, baked potato with cheese, butter, and sour cream. I completely gave in and drank two cups of coke, 2 muffins, and some m and m's. Well today I have stayed on protocol all day long and actually converted my mom to starting the program. I took her to the grocery store and we bought everything she needed to start a modified version of IP. I bought her some carb free protein and gave her some of my packets. Today I still feel bloated though and I know that I'm still not in back in ketosis. I hate feeling so great on Friday and still not feeling that way today bc I messed up.
Sandman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:58 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 155/125

Height: 5'1"

Default Birthday Cake

I've been sticking to protocol and doing fine, but tonight I had a piece of cake (more peer preesure'ish) mostly because it was my cake.

Do I just go back to protocol tomorrow? What effect will this have?

I get weighed tomorrow and am not looking forward to the scales response.
Laura
NowatkaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:08 PM   #146  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowatkaL View Post
I've been sticking to protocol and doing fine, but tonight I had a piece of cake (more peer preesure'ish) mostly because it was my cake.

Do I just go back to protocol tomorrow? What effect will this have?

I get weighed tomorrow and am not looking forward to the scales response.
Laura
Yes, just get back on protocol tomorrow (or tonight if you have more meals). You will probably not be seeing a difference on the scale this week if your WI is tomorrow, unless your body's response is to immediately retain a lot of water. You're more likely to see it next week. After all, you're WI tomorrow after a week in ketosis but next week's WI may be after only 3 days of ketosis, you know? As to what kind of effect it will have, who knows? Get right back on protocol tomorrow, don't have any restricted packets or occasional veggies and your body may just treat it as a blip (the way that it will respond in phase 4 after a cheat day). You won't know until you've gone through it.

Last edited by Mrs Diettrich; 02-20-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #147  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman79 View Post
Tues-Thursday I did great on the protocol, but I went out of town to visit family Friday to Sunday. Friday I did good all night long until I ate dinner. I ate a steak, asparagus, and then ate a half cup of potatoes. We went to the late movies and I gave in to some milk duds. I got up Saturday and alright in the morning, then at lunch they wanted to eat at chick-fila. I ate a wrap with grilled chicken, a fruit cup, and drank a lemonade. I passed on the chicken sandwich but just couldn't give up the lemonade and fruit. I did pass on the shake everybody else was drinking though. Saturday night I ate steak that was too large, baked potato with cheese, butter, and sour cream. I completely gave in and drank two cups of coke, 2 muffins, and some m and m's. Well today I have stayed on protocol all day long and actually converted my mom to starting the program. I took her to the grocery store and we bought everything she needed to start a modified version of IP. I bought her some carb free protein and gave her some of my packets. Today I still feel bloated though and I know that I'm still not in back in ketosis. I hate feeling so great on Friday and still not feeling that way today bc I messed up.
Well, I guess the only thing to say is get back up on that horse and make a plan for how you're going to avoid this situation next time! That's great news about your mom...
Old 02-21-2011, 06:45 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 155/125

Height: 5'1"

Thank you!
NowatkaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:47 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

Went to my daughter's wedding shower on Saturday - ate cake, drank punch, ate nuts, mints, then had pizza for dinner, and drank a regular coke! Yes, I know - bad decision! I got up Sunday and went right back on program - checked my blood sugar - just for curiousity - normally around 90 - it was 126! I know better than to let the sugar talk me into something I don't need. Now back to "normal" routine - got to lose just a few more lbs! Thanks for letting me confess!
rubyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #150  

bump