Old 02-25-2011, 10:53 PM   #151  
Started IP 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 211/196/160

Height: 5'5"

Default After 8 weeks......a cheat :(

Students were giving out donuts at school yesterday morning and I wasnt going to have one and then gave in
After I ate the donut I found out it was chili and cinnamon roll day. With this information I just said screw it....Ive already screwed the day, might as well enjoy it!
It didnt end there, went to roadhouse for supper and I ate a roll and two delicious, ice cold beers!
Needless to say, the next morning I felt like crap due to all the fat and carbs I ate.

Started back up today 100% protocal.
kbkwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:00 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 265/244/185

Height: Started IP 12/8/14

Dont stress yourself.....because I've been there. What I did was went bootcamp the following day as you do in maintenance. It reinforced me to not want to cheat again.

So march on!!! And look ahead.
4meandbrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 169/162.4/135

Unhappy Hershey nuggets are evil!

Today was a bad day....lack of planning and a little stress had me reaching for my husbands Hershey nuggets....first just one. Next thing I knew I had eaten about six! Now I just ate 3 Hershey kisses. What the heck? So disappointed in myself but still wanting more. Fighting the demons within today have been useless!
Got2benow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:08 PM   #154  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2benow View Post
Today was a bad day....lack of planning and a little stress had me reaching for my husbands Hershey nuggets....first just one. Next thing I knew I had eaten about six! Now I just ate 3 Hershey kisses. What the heck? So disappointed in myself but still wanting more. Fighting the demons within today have been useless!
What I find to be the hardest is stopping once I've started. It's like, I've already screwed up, why not keep going? In the last couple of weeks, I've made the mistake of bringing in bad things (Cadbury mini eggs, I'm looking at you!) and I was allowing myself 2 a day. But even just having 2, I found myself wanting more. I couldn't bring myself to throw them away (and waste perfectly good yummy chocolate that is only available this time of year?), so I tucked them under all the meat and veggies in my freezer. It's easier for me when I can't see them, because I forget they are even there. I know they will be waiting for me when all of this is over.
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:39 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 169/162.4/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
What I find to be the hardest is stopping once I've started. It's like, I've already screwed up, why not keep going? In the last couple of weeks, I've made the mistake of bringing in bad things (Cadbury mini eggs, I'm looking at you!) and I was allowing myself 2 a day. But even just having 2, I found myself wanting more. I couldn't bring myself to throw them away (and waste perfectly good yummy chocolate that is only available this time of year?), so I tucked them under all the meat and veggies in my freezer. It's easier for me when I can't see them, because I forget they are even there. I know they will be waiting for me when all of this is over.
You are so right about not being able to stop once it has started. But my hubby is not on a diet and he has my cabinets full of goodies that are calling my name constantly. I had been being really good until that slip up and the next day was a huge nightmare! Had to go out of town to see my neurologist, ended up eating french fries and just about an entire king cake. Could not sleep last night, I think I was on a sugar high....totally loath myself!
Got2benow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:08 AM   #156  
Started IP 3 Jan 2011

S/C/G: 230/194/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Chocolate Dream

If you have to give in, give in to a Nashua Chocolate Dream: 6g Carbs (that's not even restricted, is it?) zero sugars, but 4g sugar alcohol, 10g protein, only thing is, it's got 12g fat. Hey, we can't win it all. I love this thing, it tastes like Nestle Crunch
230to170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:24 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 198/168/?

Height: 5'2

ugh feel so awful after a great 4.4 lb loss last week. 2lbs from a 30 lb weight loss. went shopping with kids yesterday, and ordered a plate of nachos for kids, i was going to order a salad and i was looking at the menu and all the salads had feta, goat, or some kind of cheese or fruits, normally i would say ok i'll have this salad but don't but omit this or that. I was a little discouraged at this particular restaurant with their lack of salad choice so I didn't order one. Instead I shared the double cheese nacho plate with the kids, and made a gluten of myself! ugh, so discouraged with myself, I was doing so well!
paupau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:59 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 265/244/185

Height: Started IP 12/8/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by paupau View Post
ugh feel so awful after a great 4.4 lb loss last week. 2lbs from a 30 lb weight loss. went shopping with kids yesterday, and ordered a plate of nachos for kids, i was going to order a salad and i was looking at the menu and all the salads had feta, goat, or some kind of cheese or fruits, normally i would say ok i'll have this salad but don't but omit this or that. I was a little discouraged at this particular restaurant with their lack of salad choice so I didn't order one. Instead I shared the double cheese nacho plate with the kids, and made a gluten of myself! ugh, so discouraged with myself, I was doing so well!
The only thing to do is jump back on Phase 1 today with no restricted packets or ocassional veggies. Try to keep your carbs low per a "free day" after maintenance. Use the mess up as a test. You will feel better a couple of days from now once you stay on track.
4meandbrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 198/168/?

Height: 5'2

thanks...jump right back on...after 8 weeks this diet is pretty easy, now i'm finding the weekends hard...FOCUS! I can't wait till this weather gets nicer, I love walking..and least on weekends when I'm finding it tough I will be able to get out of the house, put my ipod on and start moving!
paupau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #160  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

S/C/G: 279/264/160

Height: 5'6

Default A really weird day!

Gah! Yesterday was the end of week one for me, I had absolutely no problems the first week. Sunday night I started feeling just odd, I thought maybe I had the big C and did the Sea Salt Flush, it worked, but I didn't feel any better. Monday I woke up swollen and had retained a lot of water, not a good thing for my first WI! I was disappoined because I knew that I had lost about 10 lbs, but the scale only showed a 7 lbs loss (I knew I would have a big loss because I had been on Atkins, I stopped the week before because of getting sick- think food poisoning- and I was off Atkins for a week before starting IP, so all the weight I gained that week should've come off easily this past week.)
Back to yesterday, I continued feeling off, I'm a nanny for triplets and was making lunch (I had a RTD Vanilla shake for breakfast, delish!) and I felt the need to actually CHEW and EAT something. I was making beans with cheese and for some reason I just NEEDED to eat it. So I did. I normally have such a strong will power, it was such a weird feeling to NEED it. For my lunch a few hours later I just had a vanilla pudding. During dinner, I found myself eating some cheese, missing it from Atkins. I fixed myself an IP oatmeal to see if that would help and it just didn't. When I got home from work I still felt weird and decided to throw in the towel and eat whatever I wanted, I felt hungry (which I never do when in ketosis!) and I stuffed myself. Ugh.
I woke up early today and had to come read the forum in order to convince myself to get back on track today. I'm disappointed in myself, I wish I just would've been stronger yesterday, but the important thing is to not lose today, right?!
I love the support of this forum!
TatiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #161  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatiN View Post
Gah! Yesterday was the end of week one for me, I had absolutely no problems the first week. Sunday night I started feeling just odd, I thought maybe I had the big C and did the Sea Salt Flush, it worked, but I didn't feel any better. Monday I woke up swollen and had retained a lot of water, not a good thing for my first WI! I was disappoined because I knew that I had lost about 10 lbs, but the scale only showed a 7 lbs loss (I knew I would have a big loss because I had been on Atkins, I stopped the week before because of getting sick- think food poisoning- and I was off Atkins for a week before starting IP, so all the weight I gained that week should've come off easily this past week.)
Back to yesterday, I continued feeling off, I'm a nanny for triplets and was making lunch (I had a RTD Vanilla shake for breakfast, delish!) and I felt the need to actually CHEW and EAT something. I was making beans with cheese and for some reason I just NEEDED to eat it. So I did. I normally have such a strong will power, it was such a weird feeling to NEED it. For my lunch a few hours later I just had a vanilla pudding. During dinner, I found myself eating some cheese, missing it from Atkins. I fixed myself an IP oatmeal to see if that would help and it just didn't. When I got home from work I still felt weird and decided to throw in the towel and eat whatever I wanted, I felt hungry (which I never do when in ketosis!) and I stuffed myself. Ugh.
I woke up early today and had to come read the forum in order to convince myself to get back on track today. I'm disappointed in myself, I wish I just would've been stronger yesterday, but the important thing is to not lose today, right?!
I love the support of this forum!
I'm sorry to hear you had such a hard day yesterday and I'm glad you are moving forward today. Good for you!

However, it sounds like you might have been able to alter things yesterday to help yourself. Just pudding for lunch is not enough, especially if you already felt the need to chew. Where was your salad? Some crispy raw veggies would have also helped out. I agree about the cheese (never did Atkins) as it was very hard for me to give up as well but it not only will slow your loss, it also doesn't help with constipation.

Keep going, we're here for you!
Mamadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:28 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 204/191/145

Default Thanks for the help!

I've read most of these posts and they have helped me decide to restart IP. I was on IP for 7 weeks and lost 21 lbs. Then my sweetie came from across the world for a visit and we cheated horribly for his 3 week visit. Now I'm having a horrible time trying to restart. I have regained 6 lbs and still have 25 left to lose. (I'd be fine anywhere from 15 to 25). I want to do this ASAP so I can move down the phases and restart exercise. I have a triathlon in August and on IP I huff and puff going up a flight of stairs.

These inspirational posts have helped me re-commit (I have tried to restart off and on for a few weeks and keep going off) and I have purged the house of cheat foods. Start tomorrow anew. (Cross your fingers).

ANY tips are welcome! (I was totally stalled at the end of the 7 weeks losing barely a lb a week or staying the same and the...constipation...Ack!) I'm hoping this bad cheat will restart my system to lose again.
wrenae1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:34 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 204/191/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4meandbrandon View Post
The only thing to do is jump back on Phase 1 today with no restricted packets or ocassional veggies. Try to keep your carbs low per a "free day" after maintenance. Use the mess up as a test. You will feel better a couple of days from now once you stay on track.
This is great advice and I'd like to follow it, if I understood a little better. (Still kinda a newbie). Are the restricted packets the ones with the R on the list including the bars? Also, what occasional veggies? I'm assuming anything over the 4 cups total and all you can eat salad?

I'd love to make this "get back on it" week worth it and the next 15 - 25 lbs fly off. Any tips on amt of water, what to and not to eat, exercise or not? Thanks.
wrenae1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:38 AM   #164  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenae1968 View Post
This is great advice and I'd like to follow it, if I understood a little better. (Still kinda a newbie). Are the restricted packets the ones with the R on the list including the bars? Also, what occasional veggies? I'm assuming anything over the 4 cups total and all you can eat salad?

I'd love to make this "get back on it" week worth it and the next 15 - 25 lbs fly off. Any tips on amt of water, what to and not to eat, exercise or not? Thanks.
Restricted are the bars, chips, puffs, spaghetti, chilli,
Non-restricted are the soups, drinks, and omelet
Only one restricted a day
Occasional veggies are allowed twice a week
I wouldn't eat over 4 cups of veggies...too many carbs
Drink at least 100 ounces of water
Not sure about the exercise....I did best when I only did leisure (very leisure) lunchtime walks...with heavy exercise I slowed down a ton

In the first 15 weeks I lost 52 pounds and here is what I ate EVERY DAY (literally):

1. IP omelet with 36 ounces of water (used hot sauce on omelet)
2. IP choco shake with lettuce, celery and cucumbers with evoo/cider/seasonings with 36 ounces of water
3. IP bar
4. 6 ounces of meat (pork tenderloin, chicken, fish, filet mignon, flank steak) and 2 cups of veggies (collards, spinach, asparagus with evoo)
5. About 2-3 tsp of evoo spread between lunch and dinner
6. 36 more ounces of water
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:15 PM   #165  
SWP

S/C/G: 177.8/169.8/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2benow View Post
You are so right about not being able to stop once it has started. But my hubby is not on a diet and he has my cabinets full of goodies that are calling my name constantly. I had been being really good until that slip up and the next day was a huge nightmare! Had to go out of town to see my neurologist, ended up eating french fries and just about an entire king cake. Could not sleep last night, I think I was on a sugar high....totally loath myself!

Have you thought about talking to your husband about this? If not, i'm sure he'd be supportive in getting rid of things that are difficult for you to have around. My boyfriend and I only buy junk items that he loves but I don't so he gets what he wants while I only have the protocol to follow.

Something I do when I start to crave junk food is to call my boyfriend or friend and tell them and they either remind me why I shouldn't eat it or distract me It works for me - I hope it does for others too!!
SWP is offline   Reply With Quote