Old 05-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #196  
Vanessa

Stempy, I'm the same way. I'm not doing IP through a clinic - doing a bit of an alternative program. Shakes from Costco, I bought some of the IP soups and puddings. I, too, would go nuts without a bit of leeway.. so I allow myself some "cheats" that are Atkins-esque. For example, for dinner last night, I made taco salads for DH and I, while the kids had regular tacos. A plateful of salad (romaine, cucumbers, green onions, peppers) topped with 8 oz. of taco meat (I use a sugar-free taco seasoning, with half ground beef, half turkey). Topped that with a couple of tablespoons of no sugar added salsa - and... here's the cheat... a spoonful of low-fat sour cream and an ounce of shredded cheddar cheese. I douse the whole thing with hot sauce. The sour cream and the cheese make me feel like I'm having an extra-special treat, and although they add some calories, they're fine in the carb department. and YUMMY.
bahecasmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #197  
Vanessa

I've heard a lot about "planned cheats". I'm wondering how that works, and what tips you have. We have a wedding to attend in a few weeks, and although I intend on making healthy choices, I'd like to allow myself a little bit of a treat. I've asked the couple what is on the menu, and I'm pretty lucky - it's a buffet meal, there will be green salad, and the meat is grilled chicken and steak (the caterer is actually grilling on site). I'd love to think that I will stick to that, but I'm being realistic in thinking that I might want to treat myself to 1/2 a bun, or a small piece of cake, or maybe a bit of potato. (Incidentally, they're serving a mashed potato buffet at midnight... gaaaaaah!) I may also indulge in a glass of wine, as I've been asked to emcee the wedding. Any advice?
bahecasmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I am having a bad day today. I am struggling with moods, which I am sure come from falling out of ketosis from what I ate when I was feeling really sick on Monday with gastro-type symptoms... and even more from what I had yesterday after telling myself "I'm already out of ketosis, I may as well enjoy just one XXX before I go back in". How sick is that?!?!

Now I just have to ride it out until my body is "clean" again. I swear! Food is just like a drug for me and when it comes to food, I am a junkie! ...a really bad one! I was so "jacked up" that I could not even fall asleep last night. I was and It was horrible.

I want to remember the way that I felt (and still feel) as vividly and as long as possible! I want it to be a 'forever lesson'. I hate feeling like this! I do not deserve to feel like this. I deserve to feel the way I did before all of this. The way those who are OP and have been staying OP are feeling.

I can't wait to get back on track and be "clean" again and feel happy and healthy and energetic! How am I ever going to survive maintenance? I am going to because I am choosing to. I will not give in to failure.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-08-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I had tortilla chips, string cheese, two bars and a strawberry on Sunday. When I cheat I cheat big I guess. It was all tasty I won't lie. But I've been 100% OP since then and will keep it up. My daughter's 4th birthday is today and her party is Sunday. I'll be making sugar cookies in the shape of a tiara, vanilla with vanilla buttercream mini cupcakes and red velvet cake pops. It's going to be tough! But I can do it. I just need to remember the pictures I'm getting taken at the end of next month!
AprilH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 211/179/141

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy Wednesday everyone!

I am having a bad day today. I am struggling with moods, which I am sure come from falling out of ketosis from what I ate when I was feeling really sick on Monday with gastro-type symptoms... and even more from what I had yesterday after telling myself "I'm already out of ketosis, I may as well enjoy just one XXX before I go back in". How sick is that?!?!

Now I just have to ride it out until my body is "clean" again. I swear! Food is just like a drug for me and when it comes to food, I am a junkie! ...a really bad one! I was so "jacked up" that I could not even fall asleep last night. I was and It was horrible.

I want to remember the way that I felt (and still feel) as vividly and as long as possible! I want it to be a 'forever lesson'. I hate feeling like this! I do not deserve to feel like this. I deserve to feel the way I did before all of this. The way those who are OP and have been staying OP are feeling.

I can't wait to get back on track and be "clean" again and feel happy and healthy and energetic! How am I ever going to survive maintenance? I am going to because I am choosing to. I will not give in to failure.

Thanks for letting me vent!
You are so awesome, I see the bottom of your page and my face cracks with the biggest grin. You are such an inspiration. Yeah I hate that little guy whispering garbage. I've never been so excited in all my life (maybe kindergarden) to get up in the morning.....just to start. Tomorrow is good. I hope your tummy is happier. Thanks for all the help you've given me. Priceless.
petie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 211/179/141

Height: 5'4"

Cheese. I had to have it. Must have been a mouse, past life.
petie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:06 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

I ate a small baked potato the other day. Skipped my restricted to make up for it. Today, I am craving french toast. Already starting to worry about July 4th as we usually have a large BBQ at in-laws. My husband smokes the ribs. I know we can leave the brown sugar out of the rub >sigh< but there will be all kinds of salads and desserts and beer. I don't know how I'll keep myself out of the cheese & salami tray either! My husband is super supportive, and I know he'll help.

On a good note though, I'm only 4 pounds from first mini-goal! I promised myself a massage when I got to 199. I keep thinking of those non-food rewards to motivate me. Definitely want a hot stone massage!
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #203  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahecasmart View Post
I've heard a lot about "planned cheats". I'm wondering how that works, and what tips you have. We have a wedding to attend in a few weeks, and although I intend on making healthy choices, I'd like to allow myself a little bit of a treat. I've asked the couple what is on the menu, and I'm pretty lucky - it's a buffet meal, there will be green salad, and the meat is grilled chicken and steak (the caterer is actually grilling on site). I'd love to think that I will stick to that, but I'm being realistic in thinking that I might want to treat myself to 1/2 a bun, or a small piece of cake, or maybe a bit of potato. (Incidentally, they're serving a mashed potato buffet at midnight... gaaaaaah!) I may also indulge in a glass of wine, as I've been asked to emcee the wedding. Any advice?
Vanessa, not sure if you'll see this or if the wedding is already past, but here is what I would suggest. If you want to have a cheat (have you talked to your coach about it? I don't remember if you're doing alternatives or have a coach...), but if you're going to do it, try not to go overboard and KEEP IT TO ONE DAY. Treat it as a phase 4 cheat day - keep it to one day, do a boot camp day (or 2 - no restricteds, no occasional veggies) afterwards and I don't think you'll see much of an issue. The most important thing to remember is to keep it to one day. I'd also recommend still having your protein shake before you go to bed that night. Your body still needs that protein to burn while you sleep. I'm in phase 4 now and still do protein shakes at night.

Just don't let it turn into the whole weekend! Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #204  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
I ate a small baked potato the other day. Skipped my restricted to make up for it. Today, I am craving french toast. Already starting to worry about July 4th as we usually have a large BBQ at in-laws. My husband smokes the ribs. I know we can leave the brown sugar out of the rub >sigh< but there will be all kinds of salads and desserts and beer. I don't know how I'll keep myself out of the cheese & salami tray either! My husband is super supportive, and I know he'll help.

On a good note though, I'm only 4 pounds from first mini-goal! I promised myself a massage when I got to 199. I keep thinking of those non-food rewards to motivate me. Definitely want a hot stone massage!
Have you tried the Walden Farms BBQ sauce? It's pretty darn awesome. I can't stand anything else that they make, but the BBQ sauce is something that I still use now that I'm in maintenance.

As for 4th of July, ribs can be pretty fatty - have you thought about using another cut of pork (tenderloin or something) and using the sugar-free rib rub or the WF BBQ sauce on that? Make some IP friendly salads - coleslaw, fauxtato salad (I remember seeing a recipe in the recipes thread for it) - figure out a dessert you could do that will help fill the void (maybe popsicles made out of the pudding or drink packets, IP ice cream - recipe in the threads). Cheese and salami aren't the worst things to cheat with because while they are fatty, there aren't any carbs in them. But remember how good you feel right now and that you ARE strong enough to say no. There will always be more salad, more cheese, more salami. You can say no. But if you don't say no, the best advice I can give is the same that I gave Vanessa in the post above this one.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

[QUOTE=Mrs Diettrich;3887849]Have you tried the Walden Farms BBQ sauce? It's pretty darn awesome. I can't stand anything else that they make, but the BBQ sauce is something that I still use now that I'm in maintenance.
QUOTE]

I didn't know they had a BBQ sauce! Definitely going to find it. Thanks!
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:11 PM   #206  
megs3

S/C/G: 164/164/130

Height: 5"2

I had a very bad conscious cheat. I have been having a great week at work out of town and my coworkers ordered Boston Pizza. I have been craving pasta since I started and gave in but looked up the one with the least carbs/fat/sugar! Now I feel TERRIBLE. I was so excited to be going home after 9 days out of town and stepping on the scale. Now I feel like I am going to be very disappointed!
msmith61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by janedocmom View Post
I am not sure this is the correct place to post this, but here goes......

Food is my addiction. Before I started IP I was steadily gaining and bingeing nightly and if I started early in the day it was all day. Out of desperation I decided to try IP and was THRILLED. When you adhere to this diet, it works. In 17 weeks I lost 37 pounds and went from a size 14 to 4. I can't ever remember being this size. When you work IP, it works and it works fast!

I was loving life and me until Phase IV started. It has been 3 months and I am on a constant seesaw from bingeing to Phase I/II. Within 2-3 days I am back to my ideal weight and then it starts again with the bingeing. This is insane behavior especially since I savor the food in Phase 1 and am very satisfied and more energetic, but in Phase IV, it becomes a free for all, bingeing, feeling disgusting, tired, out of control and angry. I'm thinking that certain foods trigger me (thanks I'm Svelting) like splenda, wheat products, gum, Bite Ones, even Pure Protein Bars.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Can anyone help me live a more balanced food life. I don't want to gain my weight back, but the system I currently have is not working. Help me to break away from ideal IPer on Monday, but Audrey the plant in Little Shop of Horrors on Tuesday?

Thanks,

P.S. I have tried Overeaters Anonymous and it was not helpful. My next plan is wire my jaws shut. Please help me if you can.
Yes, this is totally my life! If I dont stay on Phase 1, all HECK breaks loose. I have surpassed the pounds I was supposed to lose,and continue to lose inches, but the food demons are always there..sigh. Some weeks I'm great, and IP is soooo easy. Then there's this week, where if it aint nailed down, I'm eating it! SO if you find a way out, let me know!! And I def notice 'trigger' foods.

You're not alone!!
brocola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:14 PM   #208  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

this is my first cheat and I feel SOOOO guilty. I kept saying that IP is SO easy and never had the need to cheat. Then it happened today. My daughter was munching on crispy minis and I couldn't get the temptation away. I ended up eating a few. I looked on the back and saw that 12 is 14carbs. Then later in the day I took another one. then another one and finally I ended up eating half the bag!! The bag is 100g (in weight not carbs) and each serving is 20g so I had 50g which would be 35g of carbs!

My IP meals added up to 13 carbs today add the 35 from my cheat and I had 48 carbs today!!! Usually I am under 18 per day.

I know that tomorrow is another day, but it is still very stressful.
Shrinking Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:48 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 219.4/215/120

Height: 5'1"

I keep seeing suggestions for a boot camp day. What exactly is that?

I feel so bad... I cheated tonight with some ice cream and I just wish I could turn back time and say NO!! On a good note, I did NOT eat the entire 16oz container!!! What do I do to get myself back on track?? Could someone please explain the boot camp day to me? I don't WI until Friday and I would still like to have a loss of some sort.
(Thank goodness for this thread!)

Thanks!!!
sophly0709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:28 PM   #210  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post
My IP meals added up to 13 carbs today add the 35 from my cheat and I had 48 carbs today!!! Usually I am under 18 per day.

I know that tomorrow is another day, but it is still very stressful.
How do you possibly stay under 18 g of carbs per day with all your packets and vegetables???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophly0709 View Post
I keep seeing suggestions for a boot camp day. What exactly is that?

I feel so bad... I cheated tonight with some ice cream and I just wish I could turn back time and say NO!! On a good note, I did NOT eat the entire 16oz container!!! What do I do to get myself back on track?? Could someone please explain the boot camp day to me? I don't WI until Friday and I would still like to have a loss of some sort.
(Thank goodness for this thread!)

Thanks!!!
Boot camp = no restricted packets or occasional veggies. Only unrestricted packets and the unrestricted vegetables.