Old 05-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbumblebee View Post
i have been on IP since jan 31. i never cheated until last weekend. BIG mistake. it opened the door for a major binge yesterday that has left me sick as a dog today. yesterday i had 2 dr peppers, 2 chocolate chip cookies, and from sonic i got 2 orders of cheddar peppers, cheesesticks and a chili cheese coney. i feel so sick today. i have a history of eating disorders and i cant believe i gave in to those demons yesterday
Hi cajun - you can see my guilt trip/rant in response to Mrs. D. I'm right there with you. We fell off the wagon. We've got to get back on. We have to go through detox. And get back on the wagon. Good luck to you.
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee10 View Post
I so get it Mrs. D. I know I'm a carb addict. I discovered that I'm a worse sugar addict. I was hosting Mother's Day at my house and wanted to serve a lovely, fancy dessert that my friend made when she hosted Easter. A home made meringue, a Pavlova actually, served with ice cream and a home made strawberry sauce. And then you have all these egg yolks left from the meringue so they suggest you make a key lime pie which I hadn't done for years...WHAT WAS I THINKING! I wanted to impress some of my guests and I thought I could just take a crumb size taste - like I did on Easter - and be done with it. WRONG! And what is even worse is that the night before at canasta one of the ladies brought a birthday cake in honor of her husband and mine (they were born the same day same year)- caught me by surprise because the birthday was 4 days ago. I wasn't mentally prepared. I took a taste - heaven - and proceeded to eat THREE pieces! then some chocolate candy she had out. Then the Pavlova and THREE pieces of Key Lime Pie. I had been doing soo well. But I knew that it was a slippery slope that I am on. I have lost 36 lbs and everyone is so proud of me and I feel so good about myself. My youngest son is home for a couple of days before he graduates...He just made popcorn...I'm out of ketosis and only up about 1 -2 lbs but I feel out of control - do you know what I mean? If I do a cheat of cheese or mayo or something, or even a chip, I've handled it. But today I feel like the Charlie Sheen of desserts! So Mrs. D. your mini eggs don't seem like much to me but it is a slippery slope - step away from the eggs - before you end up like me! Would someone please holler at me - actually would multiple people holler at me?!!
Wow, how many pieces of cake are allowed on IP? LOL, looking at the sheet, I think it's... ZERO! But only up 1-2 pounds is totally awesome for the amount of goodies you consumed. I cheated 1 day and didn't even eat much off plan, except for drinking wine, and I gained 4.7 pounds! IN ONE DAY! Yes, it took me the rest of the week to lose them. So there ya go.

So no more cake! Get back on track and don't beat yourself up about it. Just know that you cannot take an innocent taste of anything. No tastes, no licks, no little bites! Nothing. Sorry, but when one taste turns into 3 pieces of pie or cake, you know you fell off the train. But that's ok, just get back on plan and stay OP. You can do it!
CinnamonSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
Wow, how many pieces of cake are allowed on IP? LOL, looking at the sheet, I think it's... ZERO! But only up 1-2 pounds is totally awesome for the amount of goodies you consumed. I cheated 1 day and didn't even eat much off plan, except for drinking wine, and I gained 4.7 pounds! IN ONE DAY! Yes, it took me the rest of the week to lose them. So there ya go.

So no more cake! Get back on track and don't beat yourself up about it. Just know that you cannot take an innocent taste of anything. No tastes, no licks, no little bites! Nothing. Sorry, but when one taste turns into 3 pieces of pie or cake, you know you fell off the train. But that's ok, just get back on plan and stay OP. You can do it!
Thanks Cinnamon. It is so not fun relosing those pounds that were already lost. Regaining 4.7 lbs in one day most have been majorly annoying. Yep, I can't be a taster - that's for sure. Good for you getting them off in a week. I'm still up a lb but have the big c. I'm hoping by Friday to be back to square one.
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 185/172/150

BUMP

For all the newbees who didn't know this thread existed...
melaniestf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by janedocmom View Post
I am not sure this is the correct place to post this, but here goes......

Food is my addiction. Before I started IP I was steadily gaining and bingeing nightly and if I started early in the day it was all day. Out of desperation I decided to try IP and was THRILLED. When you adhere to this diet, it works. In 17 weeks I lost 37 pounds and went from a size 14 to 4. I can't ever remember being this size. When you work IP, it works and it works fast!

I was loving life and me until Phase IV started. It has been 3 months and I am on a constant seesaw from bingeing to Phase I/II. Within 2-3 days I am back to my ideal weight and then it starts again with the bingeing. This is insane behavior especially since I savor the food in Phase 1 and am very satisfied and more energetic, but in Phase IV, it becomes a free for all, bingeing, feeling disgusting, tired, out of control and angry. I'm thinking that certain foods trigger me (thanks I'm Svelting) like splenda, wheat products, gum, Bite Ones, even Pure Protein Bars.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Can anyone help me live a more balanced food life. I don't want to gain my weight back, but the system I currently have is not working. Help me to break away from ideal IPer on Monday, but Audrey the plant in Little Shop of Horrors on Tuesday?

Thanks,

P.S. I have tried Overeaters Anonymous and it was not helpful. My next plan is wire my jaws shut. Please help me if you can.
They won't wire your jaws shut unless you already have braces....
I actualy asked.

This is my greatest fear. I am so glad that you wrote about your experience.
I think you should try hypnosis.
mamarix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #186  

On week 6. I have lost 20 lbs so far. It is my husband's birthday, and I just had a piece of cake...reeses ice cream cake..and 1/2 brownie. I am not going to eat my snack tonight, which was going to be a bar. What are the odds that I could still be in Ketosis, and still actually lose this week? I was thinking of skipping my weigh in this week...but I will go. I've got to face the scale, if I wait another week..ill set myself up for trouble. It is my bday next sunday...Anyone have any ideas for "cake" that I could make that is IP friendly??
ksmjg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 148/132.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmjg2011 View Post
On week 6. I have lost 20 lbs so far. It is my husband's birthday, and I just had a piece of cake...reeses ice cream cake..and 1/2 brownie. I am not going to eat my snack tonight, which was going to be a bar. What are the odds that I could still be in Ketosis, and still actually lose this week? I was thinking of skipping my weigh in this week...but I will go. I've got to face the scale, if I wait another week..ill set myself up for trouble. It is my bday next sunday...Anyone have any ideas for "cake" that I could make that is IP friendly??
You could make the chocolate pancakes into muffins and put some WF chocolate syrup on top as a sort of "glaze." Everyone else could just have normal cake. I know it's not as appealing, but it's an option.

I've been doing little cheats like crazy over the past week, including:
A few tablespoons here and there of natural peanut butter
Snacking on pepperoni
Eating a few crumbs of brownie
Eating a little bite of the English muffin bread I made this morning
Eating bacon
Eating sausage
Putting Hollandaise sauce on my eggs

For the most part my cheats have been low or no carb, but they're definitely adding in calories.
amoderngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #188  

I am doing the same...I need to get out of the habit of doing this too! I keep trying to justify the extra bites...It's going to definitley show up on the scale this week. I started working out this week, and have been sooo hungry. The extra packet just isnt "cutting it".
ksmjg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #189  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Your body still needs the protein that the snack provides - instead of a bar, have a shake or a pudding. One of the non-restricted items. Tomorrow, don't have any restricted items or occasional veggies either and you may do okay.

For your birthday, you could have one of the bars, or what I did for Christmas was I took some cream cheese (I think the low fat stuff, but look at the carbs), softened it, stirred in some vanilla extract & splenda, then put it in a bowl and poured some of the WF strawberry jam (microwaved for just a second or two to liquify it) over the top (it would be yummy stirred in too) and put it in the fridge for a while to solidify. You could even crush up some apple cinnamon puffs to use as a crust! Actually, I bet it would be yummy to do this with chocolate puffs and then use the chocolate or caramel syrups on top... Mmmm... I know that this is considered off protocol, but it would be a low carb treat and I think would be better than having a major carb ch-treat for your birthday.
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:59 PM   #190  

Quote:
Make the chocolate pancake like a muffin,

1/4 c egg whites
1/4 teas baking powder
dash of salt
Chocolate pancake packet
enough water to make a cake-like batter

Blend together and pour into a custard cup (that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray) Microwave for 1-3 minutes (depending on the power of your micro) then pour WF chocolate syrup over the top, while warm and tell yourself it is a delightfully delicious molten lava cake....don't forget the candle!
blkbmr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:31 PM   #191  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

bump
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #192  
Stempy

S/C/G: 202.4/192.4/130

Height: 5 ft 4 1/2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee10 View Post
I so get it Mrs. D. I know I'm a carb addict. I discovered that I'm a worse sugar addict. I was hosting Mother's Day at my house and wanted to serve a lovely, fancy dessert that my friend made when she hosted Easter. A home made meringue, a Pavlova actually, served with ice cream and a home made strawberry sauce. And then you have all these egg yolks left from the meringue so they suggest you make a key lime pie which I hadn't done for years...WHAT WAS I THINKING! I wanted to impress some of my guests and I thought I could just take a crumb size taste - like I did on Easter - and be done with it. WRONG! And what is even worse is that the night before at canasta one of the ladies brought a birthday cake in honor of her husband and mine (they were born the same day same year)- caught me by surprise because the birthday was 4 days ago. I wasn't mentally prepared. I took a taste - heaven - and proceeded to eat THREE pieces! then some chocolate candy she had out. Then the Pavlova and THREE pieces of Key Lime Pie. I had been doing soo well. But I knew that it was a slippery slope that I am on. I have lost 36 lbs and everyone is so proud of me and I feel so good about myself. My youngest son is home for a couple of days before he graduates...He just made popcorn...I'm out of ketosis and only up about 1 -2 lbs but I feel out of control - do you know what I mean? If I do a cheat of cheese or mayo or something, or even a chip, I've handled it. But today I feel like the Charlie Sheen of desserts! So Mrs. D. your mini eggs don't seem like much to me but it is a slippery slope - step away from the eggs - before you end up like me! Would someone please holler at me - actually would multiple people holler at me?!!

I won't holler at you, but I will speak sternly Bingeing like this is likely what got you overweight in the first place. Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels and if you don't break old habits you will regain every pound you have worked so hard to lose. One piece of that cake was likely almost an entire day's worth of calories....you only gained 1-2lbs but that 1-2lbs was probably not water weight....k...I'm not going to beat you up over this as you have likely done that enough to yourself...get back on the wagon and move on from this and don't let it bring you down....

IMO...if you REALLY feel you need something go for something carb/sugar free like cheese, or put some herb and garlic creamcheese on some celery...it will take away the urge and not throw you out of ketosis...I like to think of it as an IP/Atkins combo Foods like cheese that are allowed on Atkins but not on IP are not allowed on IP because of their fat content but they are still carb free and will not drastically affect your weightloss, probably not affect it at all, unless you completely over due it.
stempy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 299.8/283/190

Height: 5'10"

How do you know if you had too much off plan foods (or the right kind of bad stuff) to throw you out of Ketosis? I've been feeling a little guilty because I cheated yesterday (on Day 11 for me) and had a very small portion of regular dressing and half a breadstick with my chicken ceasar salad for lunch yesterday. I still feel good and the scale last night said I lost 1.4 pounds since the day before. Obviously I don't expect results if I continue to cheat, but how much damage did this really do so I can beat myself up appropriately?
tashamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #194  
Stempy

S/C/G: 202.4/192.4/130

Height: 5 ft 4 1/2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashamarie View Post
How do you know if you had too much off plan foods (or the right kind of bad stuff) to throw you out of Ketosis? I've been feeling a little guilty because I cheated yesterday (on Day 11 for me) and had a very small portion of regular dressing and half a breadstick with my chicken ceasar salad for lunch yesterday. I still feel good and the scale last night said I lost 1.4 pounds since the day before. Obviously I don't expect results if I continue to cheat, but how much damage did this really do so I can beat myself up appropriately?
IMO, the regular dressing WILL NOT throw you out of Ketosis as long as it is not some crazy high carb dressing...most contain 1 to 2 grams of carbs and will not knock you out of Ketosis however, the added fat may slow your weightloss. The breadstick is the true devil here I have eaten regular dressings the whole time on this diet with no problems at all...I don't encourage it as I know it is off protocol but I know myself and my body and I know if I did not tweak this diet slightly I would never last...so, I use regular dressings and occassionally even have cheese! I avoid the low calorie/low fat dressings. I doing a 95% IP diet with a smidge of Atkins thrown in
stempy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:56 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 187/168.6/145

Height: 5' 6"

BUMP

Please remember to try and keep your cheats to this Thread so we can continue to encourage each other to stick to 100% protocal.
kcjohn is offline   Reply With Quote