Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #406  
Ratfancy

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Height: 5'2"

We should have a "Trading Post" for our slightly big clothes!! I just bought two pair of really nice summer pants - and now sloppy big on me! I sew, I suppose I could take them in - I'd rather go swimming or have fun though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Mamaerinb- I have been thinking about my 55 pound yellow lab dog lately. She is heavy and I can't lift her up...I keep thinking how cool it will be when I have lost 55 pounds. I can just look at her and know that is the weight I was carrying around!! No wonder I was so exhausted all of the time. So when you wrote about your son, it was exactly what I've been thinking about my dog. And I think you're right. It feels amazing to actually see what we have lost. Congratulations to you. You look great!
Nothing like a realization! I've lost the weight of my rabbit - lest anyone think that's no big deal - he's a very big fat rabbit!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 11:07 AM   #407  

Height: 5'8"

Thought I'd share this, I made my family a big breakfast this morning and made this for myself to enjoy with them. So yummy and since the pancake mix calls for one whole egg, I use the eggs in theis meal as my daily protein.

Again, these are not the IP pancakes, they're even lower in carb count and I get them at my grocery store for about $5 a box for about 8 servings

Big Ol' Breakfast

Total 251 cal 5.7 fat 8.7 carbs 35.7 protein

MapleGrove Farms Pancakes 2 prepared 120 cal 2.5 fat 6.0 carb 15.0 protein

Morningstar Farms Vegetarian Sausage Patty single 80 cal 3.0 fat 2.0 carb 10.0 protein

Egg, white only, cooked (3) 51 cal 0.2 fat 0.7 carbs 10.7 protein

Last edited by mamaerinb; 06-19-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:34 PM   #408  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post

TaylorMayde
let me just say that you are GORGEOUS. you tell the bf and the roomies to be respectful of your goal and just keep that crap food to a minimum in the house for the first couple of weeks. let them know that with it around, it'll just make it that much harder for you to lose and be happy with your body again. if they love and care about you, they will do it. believe me, after 2 or 3 weeks, regular food won't be appealing much anymore. oh and i have to tease you a little because you're from arkansas, HOOK 'EM!!! \m/ you're gonna do great on ip and you will get so much support here

Thanks I wish all the roomies would respect me, my boyfriend and best friedn really do, and they're both super proud of me but the cousin and his girlfriend have respect issues anyway. HOPEFULLY they'll be moving out at the end of the month, and it will be smooth sailing from there...
I'd like to pretend the "hook em" bothers me, but I'm a bigger hogs hater than anyone in texas...probably cuz I haven't lived in arkansas my whole life GO GATORS!!
Old 06-19-2010, 01:54 PM   #409  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinoa1823 View Post
Ok so, I have to rant...
I would share while eating my spinach trying to feel better lol
Girl, listen, at 5'4" WE are not short, we are spectacular! We will be even more spectacular when we hit our goal weight! It is then that I want you to march your skinny little butt right back in there and say, NOW, this is what I want, and have total satisfaction! That will be your reward to yourself for the weightloss, and a little reward for all of us too!!!

Quote:
OH AND HUUUUUUUUUUUGE NSV today,
I remember when I was at 26 lbs lost, and my granddaughter was 26 lbs, I did the same thing. however, I've lost at a much faster rate than she's growing, so I can't use her for that anymore LOL! Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaCC View Post
Just started IP today along with hubby. ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbiegirl View Post
Hi everyone,!
Welcome! We're glad to have you both!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post

Well, great NSV for me. !
Way to go Mama!!! Love that story!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfancy View Post
We should have a "Trading Post" for our slightly big clothes!! I just bought two pair of really nice summer pants - and now sloppy big on me! I sew, I suppose I could take them in - I'd rather go swimming or have fun though!
I take all of my too big clothes to the receptionist at my IP clinic. I love when i see her wearing one of my old shirts, and I've seen her offer the bags to other ladies as well when she can't wear them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfancy View Post
Nothing like a realization! I've lost the weight of my rabbit - lest anyone think that's no big deal - he's a very big fat rabbit!!!
Wow, you're too funny! Congrats on losing your rabbit weight!!!

Well, girls, I hate to leave ya, but you know tonight is the big night!!! Chicago on stage!!! I've got to start girlie n it up!!! Have an ideal evening and I'll check in tomorrow!
Old 06-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #410  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Hola and happy solstice!!! although its raining in seattle and no clue when the spring or summer will be here.

Big brother coming to town from Houston so much cleaning, cleaning and cleaning and cooking to do. Missing a party because of it but actually happy as I wont be tempted with evil A L C H O H O L

onwards to shopping. No NSVs or anything else to report other than ERIN: YES re feeling buffed after working out I so know I am not but like the pain as I go up and down the stairs now; sick, isn't it??

much happiness to all out there.

Last edited by pitakitten; 06-19-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #411  

S/C/G: 209/184/150

Height: 5'4"

Day 13 of IP for me today... and my second weigh-in

Officially, I've lost 4.6 pounds in the last week, total of 9 pounds.
At my first weigh-in I had lost 1.75 inches, this past week I love 4.25 - total of 6 inches in two weeks!!! It is slightly disappointing looking at the scale loss, but WOW - the inches lost when you look at it like that, it's such an amazing and invigorating feeling! I hope everyone else has a great week!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 03:20 PM   #412  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
OH AND HUUUUUUUUUUUGE NSV today, i realized that my 16 month son is 22 lbs and that he is exactly what i have lost...WOW, i kept picking him up all night handing him to my husband saying "can you believe i've lost THIS!" poor baby boy didn't know what mama was hollering about and throwing him to daddy for, but it was amazing to pick him up and finally feel proud of how far i've come. a number on a scale is just that, a number. when you actually carry it around again after you lose it, it fels AMAZING!

i'd encourage all of you to pick up children of various sizes(preferably not random ones!) and see how much you've actually lost, it's really motivational, and a little strange but hey that's me
Made me laugh! Thanks.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #413  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywelch View Post
Day 13 of IP for me today... and my second weigh-in

Officially, I've lost 4.6 pounds in the last week, total of 9 pounds.
At my first weigh-in I had lost 1.75 inches, this past week I love 4.25 - total of 6 inches in two weeks!!! It is slightly disappointing looking at the scale loss, but WOW - the inches lost when you look at it like that, it's such an amazing and invigorating feeling! I hope everyone else has a great week!!!

why in the world is that a slightly disappointing??? you've made it into the 100's and lost an average of over a pound a day? on a normal weight loss plan, you'll be lucky with 2 lbs a week loss average. you're doing great, don't be so hard on yourself, when we do that we just set ourselves up for failure.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #414  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

New avatar pic from last november, cancun baybay! Basically my fatter self
Old 06-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #415  

Right on Erin - that's great to have an actual reference of weight loss...I'm not even sure I could pick up how much I've lost anymore...what is that like an 11 year old...haha, I can't imagine walking around with an 11 year old strapped to my back...

My dog weighs 82 lbs so soon enough I could use her as a reference...and what's crazy about that is that my husband has to lift her up because I can't...and I used to walk around with that much extra weight on me...no wonder I have such defined calves lol.

In a completely unrelated note - I'm leaving my little guy with a babysitter for the first time (other than his grandparents or my best friend) and I'm nervous about it, I keep finding myself roaming the pantry looking for food...clearly I have emotional eating issues...luckily I haven't caved

Last edited by jordanna; 06-19-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:30 PM   #416  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Hello everyone. Been a while since I posted. I finally hit the 170's. I also took my measurements which I have not done in months. I have lost a total 43.5 inches and 50lbs. Woo Hoo!

Don't know why two weight trakers are showing up. This is weird?

Last edited by sam0617; 06-19-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #417  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post

Hello everyone. Been a while since I posted. I finally hit the 170's. I also took my measurements which I have not done in months. I have lost a total 43.5 inches and 50lbs. Woo Hoo!
Sam - that's fantastic!! Congratulations
Old 06-19-2010, 05:36 PM   #418  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post

Don't know why two weight trakers are showing up. This is weird?
Sam, good to see you here. And WOW on your stats! You've been rockin' it while you've been away!
Old 06-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #419  

Sam just inspired me to add up my stats, & being that I've been on program for 5 months and I've moved in to phase 2 (taking a break) I figure it's a good time to sum everything up!

From January 18 - June 18 I have lost the following:
Weight: -77.7 Lbs
Inches: -54.5"

Neck: -2.25"
Chest: -9.0"
Thorax: -14.5"
Waist: -11.5"
Hips: -10.0"
Thighs: -5" off each
Arms: -2.25" off each
Old 06-19-2010, 06:11 PM   #420  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Sam just inspired me to add up my stats, & being that I've been on program for 5 months and I've moved in to phase 2 (taking a break) I figure it's a good time to sum everything up!

From January 18 - June 18 I have lost the following:
Weight: -77.7 Lbs
Inches: -54.5"

Neck: -2.25"
Chest: -9.0"
Thorax: -14.5"
Waist: -11.5"
Hips: -10.0"
Thighs: -5" off each
Arms: -2.25" off each
Awesome, Jordanna! And great idea. I think I'll post mine at the "Life After Phase 1" thread along with my medical stats... others who have completed the weight loss phase should go brag over there a little. But you, Jordanna, deserve the larger audience!
Closed Thread