Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Great job everyone ! To all the new people . Stick with it this really works ad you will feel great . Im at 155 today . 5 lbs to go !
My new picture . Kissing the weight goodbye . LOL . And sending a kiss to my hubby in Iraq .
Old 06-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #362  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
back from weigh in. No loss but I already knew that was coming. here is looking forward to next week
How do your clothes fit? Remember to focus more on inches now that you are working out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis88 View Post
I'm a happy shrinking man!

Lost another 6.8 lbs this week for a total of 15.8 lbs in two weeks.... It took me 3 months to lose 20 just trying to eat healthy on my own.

Lost another 1" of my waist, a 1/4" off my hips, and 1/4" of my thigh...I feel pretty good about this.

As a bonus my % body fat dropped by 0.6% and my BMI moved down 1%.

All of you ladies are doing wonderful. I'm enjoying reading your progress and tips. This site has been very helpful to me for food ideas and just general IP information. Thanks for you tips and keep up the great work!

AWESOME congratulations!!!

Quote:
Great job everyone ! To all the new people . Stick with it this really works ad you will feel great . Im at 155 today . 5 lbs to go !
WOOO HOOO, great work and picture too!...speaking of pictures... I must have missed it but how did hubby like the boudoir shots?
Old 06-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
How do your clothes fit? Remember to focus more on inches now that you are working out!

I have lost alot of inches but this week I lost only half an inch from the waist area. At this point I am going to switch my focus on getting fit #1 and #2 loosing weight. I have lost the bulk that was making me feel like a whale and the rest is basically has to do with being fit. I would be fine at my current weight IF I was not flabby. Its going to take me longer to get to 130 because of the training but once I get there I will be much happier than if I had just lost the weight.

I think I just gave myself a pep talk

Last edited by pitakitten; 06-18-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:12 PM   #364  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
Welcome TaylorMayde, what a story good for you for taking control and wanting to do something about your weight. You have the right attitude You will do this !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay View Post
Welcome! Its great that you are going to do something about it! You will find alot of encouragement here. You have an AMAZING attitude towards this, which is great.Wish you luck!

W1:9 W2:6
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
TaylorMayde: WELCOME to the IP forum. So glad you decided to join us today! I am a big time IP cheerleader. I have only been on the plan two weeks, but I love it. I truly think a big reason I have been so excited and successful is due to this forum.

No kidding, hang in here with all these wonderful women (and men) and you are guaranteed success. Hopefully you will be able to say goodbye to all those medications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
Hey TaylorMayde, seems most of us stalk for awhile as we get over our fears. But you sound like a fiercesome person who will do really well--you have a great attitude, even though you have some hard challenges you are facing them right in the eye! welcome
...And they have a "custom cook" breakfast bar, so looks like I get to have egg white omelettes every day for breakfast, YAY!
Thanks guys After reading this, I'm already opening the mail with more gusto than usual!!

As far as that Embassy custom cook breakfast...yum!! We've stayed at a couple for different pageants and other events, and I can't get enough of that--which might be part of my problem -- But I'm sure you'' do great with it!!
Old 06-18-2010, 02:49 PM   #365  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBride View Post
Hi Ladies, I'm a newbie here and trying to lose weight for the wedding. Looks like there are a few others doing the same. I love this sight and you are all so encouraging. Thanks for letting me share my journey with you.

I am nearly done week two, and all together down 10pds....feeling really great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Hey Ladies!
I've been privately stalking you all for about two weeks now, and finally decided it was about time for me to say something! About a month ago, I started working at a medical supply company that sells IP. My boss is an IP coach, and I met her before I started working here and am BLOWN AWAY by her results. It really gives me hope. But not as much as all of you! You guys are seriously so much more inspirational than I can even express to you.
I haven't started the diet yet (my coach is on vacation) I will start the day she gets back --6/28--but I'm already sitting here planning out every meal.
Sorry if this post gets a bit long, but like I said, I've been watching for two weeks now so I have a lot to say.

14 months ago, when I started dating my boyfriend, I weighed about 170. I'm only about 5'3", so that was already bigger than I wanted to be. In the year, I gained 50 pounds. IN ONE YEAR!!!! That's on top of the 30 pounds I gained my senior year of high school. I've been a cheerleader since I was three, and a pageant girl since I was 8 months, and after my Junior year of high school, I fractured my spine and broke my ankle during a competition, and had to quit cheering. Since then, I've done nothing but gain weight. I have Gastroesophagal Refulx Disease, Depression and Anxiety, and Hypothyroidism, as well as a lymphnode in my head, apparently caused by excess weight. I'm 20, and I take 10 prescriptions a day. My boyfriend is 24, 6 feet tall, and weighs 160 lbs soaking wet. He played basketball at ASU. I can't even begin to fit into his shorts, and have to squeeze into his shirts--which is quite embarassing.

However, this is not a sob story. This is my SUCCESS story, because I KNOW with IP--and support from all of you--I WILL lose this weight!!!
Welcome! This is the best place to be while on IP! There is so much information and its just nice to know your not the only one that is doing this.

Quote:
All I can say is "WOW! WOW! WOW!" You look amazing.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:54 PM   #366  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Hey Ladies!
However, this is not a sob story. This is my SUCCESS story, because I KNOW with IP--and support from all of you--I WILL lose this weight!!!
Welcome! Keep up the great attitude and you'll do well.

If it was me and my start date was a little over a week off, I think I'd start to cut back on the carbs/sugars gradually so it's not such a shock. It might make those first few days on IP a little easier. Either way, you'll be fine.

Quote:
My new picture . Kissing the weight goodbye . LOL . And sending a kiss to my hubby in Iraq .
Amazing photo!

Stacey

Last edited by Stacey41; 06-18-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:02 PM   #367  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Chaplains Wifey- You rock, you inspire me, I just realised your stats you started in Jan and are almost at 100 pounds down , you look fantastic and I imagine you feel fantastic!!!
I feel very blessed for being able to share in all of your lives... the good the bad and the ugly!!! Thanks!!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #368  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Welcome! Keep up the great attitude and you'll do well.

If it was me and my start date was a little over a week off, I think I'd start to cut back on the carbs/sugars gradually so it's not such a shock. It might make those first few days on IP a little easier. Either way, you'll be fine.
The queen of all dieting--a.k.a. the 5'2" 120 lb. 40 year old mother of six children, including myself--suggested this too. And so far I am trying very unsuccessfully. I keep telling myself I'll go ahead and start eating healthy, then breakast time rolls around and the fat kid inside me screams "You idiot! This is your last week of freedom!" And let me tell you...the fat kid inside me is SCARY!! I have stopped drinking soda and sweet tea though--and for a southerner, that's HARD. Hopefully, that will help a lot when push comes to shove.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:16 PM   #369  

does this make sense: http://www.lowcarb.org/stillman.html
I am a bit more dicouraged than I thought from lack of loss. This guy basically says to eliminate all the vegetables as well; to me it just sounds un-healthier than our own un-healthy diet. Not sure I could do it.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:17 PM   #370  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Has anyone noticed a problem in Canada? My coach still has tons and when I go to Dr. B clinics they have them there too?
In Quebec, my coach said "Buy many of them if you really like them, because they'll be back order for a while." I asked why, and she said it's because th engine that is doing the box is broken..

I Think this is a weird answer lol

Quote:

Welcome

Oh and BTW, you're really beautiful !

(and, in fact, everyone else here also )
Old 06-18-2010, 03:20 PM   #371  

Quote:
The queen of all dieting--a.k.a. the 5'2" 120 lb. 40 year old mother of six children, including myself--suggested this too. And so far I am trying very unsuccessfully. I keep telling myself I'll go ahead and start eating healthy, then breakast time rolls around and the fat kid inside me screams "You idiot! This is your last week of freedom!" And let me tell you...the fat kid inside me is SCARY!! I have stopped drinking soda and sweet tea though--and for a southerner, that's HARD. Hopefully, that will help a lot when push comes to shove.
I think more importanlty you need to get rid of the bad food from your house. I know you will stick to the diet and be fine for the first few days but then IF you have all the sugary and whatever bad stuff you have still available, I think the temptation will be too much.

Plan on giving stuff to family or just throwing them out! at least for the first couple of weeks, until you are on a roll and on ketosis fully. After that, you will see the weight coming off and the chances of of cheating is much smaller.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #372  

Quote:
I think more importanlty you need to get rid of the bad food from your house. I know you will stick to the diet and be fine for the first few days but then IF you have all the sugary and whatever bad stuff you have still available, I think the temptation will be too much.

Plan on giving stuff to family or just throwing them out! at least for the first couple of weeks, until you are on a roll and on ketosis fully. After that, you will see the weight coming off and the chances of of cheating is much smaller.
Yeah !! I agree And THROW THEM or GIVE THEM, do not EAT THEM!! I did this LOL and I was like ''oh I'll eat everything that I want before being starving for 3 months at least'' bad idea hahahahaha
Old 06-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #373  

Quote:
does this make sense: http://www.lowcarb.org/stillman.html
I am a bit more dicouraged than I thought from lack of loss. This guy basically says to eliminate all the vegetables as well; to me it just sounds un-healthier than our own un-healthy diet. Not sure I could do it.
If I remember right, Stillman was the one that sorta started the whole low-carb thing, & I was one who tried it... I don't remember that I couldn't have any veggies, though... still, it was way too restrictive, so I didn't last long on it... at the time I had a husband that had to have fried potatoes every day, & it was hard for me to have to cook them & then not eat any... now I hardly ever want potatoes, so IP isn't tough for me in that respect... maybe Stillman's wasn't intended to be a long-term diet, I don't remember...

hugs
Old 06-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #374  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
You look AMAZING !!!!
Old 06-18-2010, 04:20 PM   #375  

FYI and BTW: work pot luck party: I left my veg tray there and ran away. Soooo much good food there, it was disturbing. So not worth the anguish and hate that I would feel after it.
Closed Thread