Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 10:46 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatBeef View Post
I love that! What an awesome family Curiosity, what part of Kansas do you live in? I'm near Dodge City.
Wow! We are actually on a farm right outside of Healy. It would be 8 miles north of Scott City and then about 16 miles back east. Like you we farm and ranch also

I could have probably guessed you were from KS just by your user name LOL. I love that!
Old 06-17-2010, 10:49 PM   #317  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

ELLIE!!! I love that name!

(So we have an Elle and an Ellie and 2 Carla's on here! Interesting... )

Erin I love new photo!! OMG, sexy girl! BTW, Your face looks really different this week.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:58 PM   #318  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Erin I love new photo!! OMG, sexy girl! BTW, Your face looks really different this week.
I agree with Carla...love the name Ellie (much better than "Pita") and love Erin's new photo (one HOT mama!)

This may sound kinda corny, but it's been great getting to know such marvelous women from all across Canada and the USA You're all like extended family to me now and I'm hoping the best for all of you!
Old 06-17-2010, 11:14 PM   #319  

Got an iPhone today...now I can be addicted to this thread on the go! Just what I need lol. Thanks for info on soy cheese everyone!
Old 06-17-2010, 11:29 PM   #320  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I am getting better. I am going downstairs easier and easier. I told the trainer today and his response was big laughter. He told me that we will still work those muscles tomorrow to get blood circulation going but will focus on stomach, shoulders and arms tomorrow. Sooooo I am looking forward to it. I also bought L-Glutamine powder; went to super suppliments and the guy really recommended it, said it will help me and I can mix it with my protein shake after the work out.

so thank you for all the support! I am very much looking forward that aside from loosing weight, I am going to have toned legs, and arms (not mentioning stomach) in a few months or maybe a year??

what do you think elizabeth, how long before I see some tone in my thighs? they are pretty cottage cheesey now.

BTW & FYI: having my weigh in tomorrow at 8:30 AM. Honestly have not kept track of what number this is but started april 19th. I know my loss would have been more if I hadn't done the A L C O H O L once in a while BUT alas, I am who I am and I like who I am
good thinking on the L-Glutamine it will help

Tone will be seen soon enough. Give it a month at least to see it, maybe soonerThe cottage cheese look is hard because it is just genetic for the most part. If you are a coffee drinker let me suggest something... grab the coffee grinds from the machine and use them in compresses or wrap on your thighs. Most cellulite creams are caffeine so there is a more direct way for ya ;-) Also use then for eye puffiness (like cucumber slices) by putting that moist on a cotton round!

Cut the fats and sugars and keep the work out and water intake and you will see a reduction. Can't promise you it will all go away, it all depends on your body genetics.

OH and on the Ellie name? I also go by Eli (pronounced Ellie) so hahaha there ya go ;-)

Last edited by deinekatze; 06-17-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:51 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 194.8/140.0/140

Height: 5.4

I baked the IP Chocolate Cookies out of the chocolate pancake mix. I found them a little dry so I cut one in half put it in the microwave for about 10 seconds then put a bit of Walden Farm strawberry spread on it. All I can say is YUMMY!!! Works great for a small snack.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:02 AM   #322  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

(So we have an Elle and an Ellie and 2 Carla's on here! Interesting... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
I agree with Carla...love the name Ellie (much better than "Pita") and love Erin's new photo (one HOT mama!)

This may sound kinda corny, but it's been great getting to know such marvelous women from all across Canada and the USA You're all like extended family to me now and I'm hoping the best for all of you!
wow y'all thanks! i didn't notice a difference in my face before but now that i've looked at pics i see it too!! i have a square jaw that irritates the crap outta me since i'll always look like i have a fuller face-oh well-guess it's getting better and i can't lose bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Got an iPhone today...now I can be addicted to this thread on the go! Just what I need lol. Thanks for info on soy cheese everyone!
very jealous, feel like the last person on the planet without an iphone, i have been with tmobile for years though and just can't make myself switch for the phone. maybe one day i'll finally get apps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post

Tone will be seen soon enough. Give it a month at least to see it, maybe soonerThe cottage cheese look is hard because it is just genetic for the most part. If you are a coffee drinker let me suggest something... grab the coffee grinds from the machine and use them in compresses or wrap on your thighs. Most cellulite creams are caffeine so there is a more direct way for ya ;-) Also use then for eye puffiness (like cucumber slices) by putting that moist on a cotton round!

Cut the fats and sugars and keep the work out and water intake and you will see a reduction. Can't promise you it will all go away, it all depends on your body genetics.

OH and on the Ellie name? I also go by Eli (pronounced Ellie) so hahaha there ya go ;-)

oooh, gonna have to swipe the coffee grinds at work tomorrow
Old 06-18-2010, 12:07 AM   #323  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Ok, well, quite the day.

Yesterday at my weigh in, I told my coach that I just couldn't seem to get rid of the 'c' problem...and he told me to try the psyllium, aloe vera, prune powder pill that some of you have mentioned... um, let's just say they worked and I'll be going to one a day from now on instead of two.

Also, I had an event tonight that was a late, working meeting -- with dinner for everyone that consisted of pizza. The one thing I've learned on this diet is preparation is everything (rules for life, no?) and so I'd called ahead, found out it was pizza and brought salad, veggies and two hard boiled eggs along with dressing. Managed to pull it off without too many questions, too.

I also wore one of my bigger jackets for the last time today -- I actually looked like I hadn't lost a pound because it was so big and frumpy and ill fitting now. Came home and put it in the goodwill pile, to go this weekend. Because I am never going to 'fit' into it again. Hit the road, Jack....

Last thing, I only have real vanilla and not extract, so I took the chocolate pudding, added Splenda, salt, cinnamon and a drop of orange oil I had in the cupboard. Then put the whole thing in the freezer. I haven't had it yet, but the small taste from licking the whisk was a little like those chocolate oranges they sell at Christmas!

Sounds like everyone is having a good week. Thanks for the forum and inspiration, all of you.

JC

Last edited by JessicaCourez; 06-18-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:25 AM   #324  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
absolutely! funny thing is that my husband is the social butterfly and i'm the hard-***, he just is a jerk sometimes..oh well i love him.

need to try the zucchini chips and turnip chips, i find myself just not ever wanting to eat dinner because i'm so burnt out on chicken and veggies. sirloin and seafood are other options but they are kind of pricey and not something i can eat everyday. AGH!
same here but I went to costco the other day and they have the best filet mignon's for a great price, it was 9 pieces for $30 I think, really half the price of my normal store so that is what we had tonight. Filet mignon with broccoli, chopped salad with WF honey DJ dressing AND he also got rice & blue berries. It was gooooood.

OH OH OH my slender wine will be here tomorrow!! I am going to try one glass and give a verdict on it. I am a total wine **** though so we'll see.

and OH OH OH don't take this the wrong way but you sexy Biatch!!

Quote:

pita is my kitties name and stands for Pain In The A"you know what" she was named that after 2 days of having her because she is one and I love her for it. She is my tiger kitty, some call her cujo kitten she is about 10 now and been with me since 3 months of age. I am glad her mom gave her up cause she was meant for me. I am not a crazy cat lady, honest! but she is my liddle weedle baby girlie wirlie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post

Hey Eli! thanks for the tips...its cottage cheesy only in the middle of the thighs (yeah I know TMI) but I agree the big thigh part is totally genetic, my sister is a size 4 and still big thighs. I will keep the grinds this saturday and use them.

Last edited by pitakitten; 06-18-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:36 AM   #325  

was going to say that maybe in like a year we should organize a union of some sorts. I think Carla will be great at doing that, you are a great organizer...seriously!!!! maybe to a yoga retreat OR forget that, maybe to Mexico!!!!
Old 06-18-2010, 12:51 AM   #326  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
In a side note: my coach told me today that the vanilla ready to eats are being temporarily discontinued as they are being "Reformulated". In the 7 weeks I have been on plan this is the 3rd product this has happened to. First, the bbq crisps were pulled to remove the MSG, and then something was changed in one of the bars, and now this.

I think as the formulae change (for whatever reasons) the web site may or may not get updated, and you may or may not have the same "formula" product as someone else. So, since you MAY have serious allergies or sensitivities, you can really only trust the box in your hand to be truly safe. Hope you feel better soon!

OK, I know I said I was not going to whine about this again, but I guess I lied. I have lost 25 pounds. I know compared to some people's accomplishments that is not much, but it's a chunk (I think) for someone my height. But, still not one single comment.

so my general question: How much weight did y'all lose before you hit the threshold where people could really see the difference?
I heard the same thing at my weigh in today. There will be issues getting ready made vanilla and choc drink and strawberry pudding for my coach.

Apparently, not related to IP but impacting IP is an event that happened with a "check" done on another really big weight loss companies food/drink and it was found to have salmonella. Since then, the inspections of products for import have been stepped up. (I can't support this, it is just what I heard.)

I have copies of all the "old" nutritional product ingredients/nutrition chart. I can't say it is accurate for products like the wildberry drink that have different Canada and USA details OR for any changes that can happen. If someone wants to PM me, I can email it to you.

I know how hard it is to not be "noticed" for the significant loss. I had to wait until I had lost over 30 pounds before people, even family members, said anything. I had actually gone from a 20 to a 14 before people were speaking up!! I think it is because I am very proportionate and my body looks the same at all sizes... sort of, so it took a lot of change for them to see the "shrinking" and realize that the silhouette was really smaller too!

Quote:
Hear Ye Hear Ye .....

Let it be known through out the land .....

That I weigh 199.6 lbs

Now as you can all see, I need a pedicure and that's my treat

...ya, maybe I'm overly dramatic, but after losing 76.8 lbs to get here, I deserve it for a moment

YEAH!!! OMG! I am soooooo happy for you! And, you are in no way being overly dramatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Just dropping by really quickly, don't have much time since I'm at work but wanted to say Have a nice day everyone

Oh and I forgot :

Carla I really love the name LeNoir, and Chanel.

If you want some french name, I was thinking about

-Reglisse (That mean Licorice)
-Ebene (A precious kind of wood that is black)
-Tenebre (The night at the darkest, just before the dawn)
-Aurore (The dawn)
I love those names! I also was suggested Cosette, Pepper, Josephine, Felice, Dulce and Ellie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Just checking in....went off IP for 3 months....gained 14#....(very depressing)...so back on it again. First WI is tomorrow. Decided NOT to change my tracker...so it will be a constant reminder to me of WHERE I was and that I CAN get there again (...and I was SO close).

Jordanna....gonna send you a PM....(you know I don't know how to do all those cute little icons).....but I am SO proud of you. Are you sure you don't want to add in a manicure....??? You deserve so much more than a pedicure!!
I am so sorry you had the 14# gain. I wonder how much is the glucose/glycogen/water storage that we have when we eat carbs???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frannie57 View Post
Cabbage Soup--anyone else make it and how?
I think I have a cabbage soup recipe somewhere. I will look it up and post if I find it. I know I had one with tomato but the one I am thinking about is really more of a white cabbage soup that uses a veggie or chicken stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay View Post
Hey everyone im new on here and i have been on IP for 2 weeks now and have lost a total of 15 pounds! yayy. But i was wondering if anyone had a good workout routine while on the diet?
Congratulations! That is a great weight loss for 2 weeks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelliemom View Post
Taking a quick break from packing to share some NSVs. I recently had some bloodwork done and here are a few of the results. My cholesterol is 181, normal is below 200. Last year my cholesterol was 227. Triglycerides are 85 now, normal is less than 150 and a year ago mine were 155. My LDL cholesterol came down a lot and is very close to being in the normal range. My HDL dropped a bit also buy it's still at a good range. My coach said it's common for the HDL to drop at first also buy will go back up soon. My coach/chiro said he really liked what he was seeing. My other NSV for today is that I'm wearing size 14 shorts! I admit they are a tad snug and I've got a bit of muffin top going on, but I'm just packing up boxes so who cares?! I started off in a tight size 20. Also, since I haven't updated my weight in a few weeks my current weight is now 202. Hoping like crazy to see the 100s next week! Off to eat my lunch now so I can get back to work.Big congrats to everyone on their losses and NSVs so far this week!
WOW!!! Excellent health improvements!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinoa1823 View Post
sooo excited I just got back from my week 4 weigh in and I lost 6lbs!

It really does make a difference when you do not eat the restricted items. I went from eating one restricted a day which was getting me to loose 1lb. last week, to eating none and huge difference this week.

So happy right now, just had to share...and thank you all so much this forum really makes a difference in my week
That was a huge change!! Makes it well worth it to give up the restricted items!

Quote:
I had the kale chips tonight, instead of drizzling with olive oil, I used some olive oil spray which gave a nice even coating but without over oiling any one piece...just thought i'd pass on the advice
I toss mine in a bowl sort of salad style and get them evenly coated that way.

[QUOTE=BlueMermaid;3345037]
Quote:
picture of my "fur-baby girl"

Hi Carla,

I like Chanel as a name for your dog. Lenoir would also be a lovely name. Good luck with that decision. She is a beautiful dog.
Thank you! She has been really a love! Already showing a wonderful personality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hey, Carla, How about the name Lenoir or LeNoir, meaning The Black in French. You could just pronounce it like Lenore. Sounds good with Levi too.
That is an interesting name!! I Like Noir. I had a mini schnauzer as a kid and named her Noir.

Quote:

Carla- Congrats on the new member of your family...she's adorable! All the name ideas suggested by everyone are great. Personally, I like Elle and Coco.
Good night everyone!
Thank you! I have been looking around for over a year now. I am very happy with her. She isn't "show" quality. And probably not my first choice for confirmation quality but, her PERSONALITY... Oh MY! She is loving, intelligent, obedient, a clown, playful, good natured with the cats. REALLY a great puppy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbl92 View Post
Hi everyone... I;m new to IP. Today was day 5 and so far, so good. I really had no adverse reactions, a few cravings for my beloved sugar in any and all forms, but I'm doing o.k. Hoping for as great a loss as some of you during your first week... I'll let you know on Friday.

Well, reading all the posts I am encouraged and feel that I may have fallen amoungst an extremely supportive group of people! Hope so.... hope my "buzzing" by doesn't "bug" anyone! I promise not to be too annoying nor will I post any "stinging" comments! Have a good day, all.

Bumbl
WELCOME!!! I love the personal touch with the puns! Looking forward to reading your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Carla: Congrats on the new member of the family! I like LeNoir, CoCo, Elle. I've always had dogs....can't imagine life without mine. Bean is a decent name if she won't give up Jelly Bean.
Thanks! A friend, suggested Josephine because it has tones similar to Jelly Bean.

Quote:
I vote for Chanel, honoring the cultural icon of the "little black dress" in a lovely contrast to the cultural icon of Levi Jeans. Coco would be great, but I agree that since she is black, not brown, you will spend your whole life explaining to people. With "Chanel" they'll either know who Coco Chanel was, or not (and just think it's a nice French name). Lower maintenance!
I have always loved the idea of a "Chanel". I don't think it can just be done unless it works for the dog too. I did think about the "fashion" and "pop culture" elements too.

EVERYONE!

What a busy week! I am still trying to read and catch up on all the activities. Congratulations to all those who made it into "onederland" Great work! For all the nsvs, WOO HOO! And, a great big to all the newcomers!

Thanks to everyone for the ideas and feedback on my newest addition. I am just loving having her. The cats are adjusting, fairly well actually, and my Levi is doing well with her too. Everyone is trying to figure out there place with the shift in family but no issues yet! (keeping fingers crossed)

I have been trying out several names. Some have rolled off my tongue comfortably and others well, no matter how much I liked them, I just couldn't get comfortable using them regularly. I also noticed she responded well to certain names/tones than others. SO, given that I like Chanel as well as I do AND, she responds to it like a dream, we have settled on Chanel as a permanent choice! It seems to suit her. She is very sweet and dignified but not too fussy.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 06-18-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:18 AM   #327  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
I know I will regret asking this, but how do you do this on your iphone? do you just go in through Safari to the same URL? or is there some specific app especially for this? (just what I need....)
Old 06-18-2010, 08:11 AM   #328  

Quote:
I know I will regret asking this, but how do you do this on your iphone? do you just go in through Safari to the same URL? or is there some specific app especially for this? (just what I need....)
Safari, very annoying but possible. I am using it now.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:17 AM   #329  

Height: 5.8

Happy Friday ladies! I know Im thrilled the week is over

Great WI's everyone and some awesome stats! Keep up the awesome work, you ladies are inspiring.

Im off to my spinning class and then to get ready for our 3 month countdown BBQ party for our wedding party. Should be a blast! I made myself a promise when i started on IP that there would be no alcohol until my bachlorette and no cake until my shower so tonight will be a test but Im sure I will be fine.

I went to my dr yesterday and she said only 40 more pounds to go until we can try to start conceiving. Since being diagnosed with PCOS I have been working my butt off to do everything right to hopefully improve our chances of conceiving when we get married in September. Its been hard and emotional but hopefully 73 pounds gone will help us

erin...holy **** girl, your new pic is hot hot hot!

Jordanna..Im super late but CONGRATS...i KNEW you could do it! So proud of you.

I know Im forgetting a whole bunch of people so to all of you who keep me movitvated, entertained and amazed consider this your shout out!
Old 06-18-2010, 08:17 AM   #330  

S/C/G: 176.4/154.2/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
Wow! We are actually on a farm right outside of Healy. It would be 8 miles north of Scott City and then about 16 miles back east. Like you we farm and ranch also

I could have probably guessed you were from KS just by your user name LOL. I love that!
Oh good! Username - it's usually eatkansasbeef! Thought I'd spare everyone, I guess =) We'll probably start wheat harvest today. Wednesday it tested 18! How soon for you all? It's always a long and hot two weeks. Ugghhhhhh. . . on my way to town for parts - already. Anyway, wishing you all a safe and bountiful harvest
Closed Thread