Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #376  

S/C/G: S/C/G -- 240/183.5/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
FYI and BTW: work pot luck party: I left my veg tray there and ran away. Soooo much good food there, it was disturbing. So not worth the anguish and hate that I would feel after it.
woot good for you! i have the same thing next week, and will do the exact same thing you did hehe totally not worth it
Old 06-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #377  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
Kelsey - I ordered vanilla drinks from Lindora on May 25. Mine finally shipped yesterday. I contacted the company last week to ask what the problem was, and they told me they were backordered. Hopefully you get yours soon!
Hi HockeyMom & Kelsey- I ordered from Lindora on May26. Finally got notice that it had been shipped this week. But even when they have shipped, it can often take two weeks. I had completely forgotten about the order it had been so long ago! They have great prices, especially with their sales but you can't really rely on them for speedy delivery.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 06-18-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #378  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I think more importanlty you need to get rid of the bad food from your house. I know you will stick to the diet and be fine for the first few days but then IF you have all the sugary and whatever bad stuff you have still available, I think the temptation will be too much.

Plan on giving stuff to family or just throwing them out! at least for the first couple of weeks, until you are on a roll and on ketosis fully. After that, you will see the weight coming off and the chances of of cheating is much smaller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Yeah !! I agree And THROW THEM or GIVE THEM, do not EAT THEM!! I did this LOL and I was like ''oh I'll eat everything that I want before being starving for 3 months at least'' bad idea hahahahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Welcome

Oh and BTW, you're really beautiful !

(and, in fact, everyone else here also )
I would LOVE to get rid of everything. But I live in a very full house. Myself, my boyfriend, his cousin, his cousins girlfriend, and my best friend from high school--don't worry, we're not too crammed Anyway, they would seriously commit a group murder if I even though about getting rid of any of the junk food. Not one of them tips the scale at more than 160, and thats my boyfriend at 6 feet tall. So they're having trouble understanding. maybe I'll just tape my mouth shut

ANDDDDD....thanks Lady5andy...it's hard to feel beautiful at this size, but the confidence all of you have helps me be more confident too!!
Old 06-18-2010, 05:08 PM   #379  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Kelsey...I own and operate the B&B. I have 3 cabins, so your hubby might not mind staying at this B&B. Not on top of people in the house!!
Check out my website www.sundancemountainhideaway.com
Hope that is allowed. If not...moderator...please delete. I'm really not trying to advertise.
Rocky Monarch....I think the drinks taste the same.
CW....you continue to amaze me. You are so inspiring!!! Love the new pic.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #380  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinoa1823 View Post
woot good for you! i have the same thing next week, and will do the exact same thing you did hehe totally not worth it
Thank you! although I still think about what is going on down there.

so just had a cereal pack because in 90 mins I am having my second session with Mr killer trainer. totally NOT looking forward to it; he might have to drag me in there.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #381  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
I would LOVE to get rid of everything. But I live in a very full house. Myself, my boyfriend, his cousin, his cousins girlfriend, and my best friend from high school--don't worry, we're not too crammed Anyway, they would seriously commit a group murder if I even though about getting rid of any of the junk food. Not one of them tips the scale at more than 160, and thats my boyfriend at 6 feet tall. So they're having trouble understanding. maybe I'll just tape my mouth shut
:
I have a husband and teenagers, so I understand about getting rid of the junk. On the other hand, it would be nice if they could support you and eat their junk outside of the house. This is about your health! That being said, I have my own cupboard and my own shelf in the fridge for MY food. It just makes it easier for me to not have to push aside their boxes of crackers, etc, to get to my jar of pickles and I can totally bypass the shelf with cheese and butter to get my veggies. Best of luck!!

Stacey
Old 06-18-2010, 06:39 PM   #382  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Kelsey...I own and operate the B&B. I have 3 cabins, so your hubby might not mind staying at this B&B. Not on top of people in the house!!
Hope that is allowed. If not...moderator...please delete. I'm really not trying to advertise.
Rocky Monarch....I think the drinks taste the same.
CW....you continue to amaze me. You are so inspiring!!! Love the new pic.
Your cabins are beautiful! What an awesome job.

Things I am looking forward to: The day I look in the mirror and do not see my "double" chin!

Last edited by doxigirl; 06-18-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:31 PM   #383  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
Kelsey - I ordered vanilla drinks from Lindora on May 25. Mine finally shipped yesterday. I contacted the company last week to ask what the problem was, and they told me they were backordered. Hopefully you get yours soon!
I hope mine come soon! Thanks for the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
Whoo Hoo Kelsey hopefully we will see the 170's (or be close to) by the end of the summer challenge.
Yes!!! wouldn't that be great?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
They're called Novi-Lax. Your coach *should* be able to order them for you.

Thanks, I'll email him and ask about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Hey Ladies!
Welcome, Taylor. In March I weighed 221.75 lbs. today I am 187.5, I live with my hubby and my son, both tall thin guys who can and DO eat everything that is yummy and bad and tempting, so it can be done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Hope that is allowed.
You're right, he might! They're so cute. Thanks for sharing!!!

Last edited by Kelsey; 06-18-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #384  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
My new picture . Kissing the weight goodbye . LOL . And sending a kiss to my hubby in Iraq .

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love your new pic!! your hubby must be so proud of his hot wife!

Quote:
Thank you! although I still think about what is going on down there.

so just had a cereal pack because in 90 mins I am having my second session with Mr killer trainer. totally NOT looking forward to it; he might have to drag me in there.
let us know how the session goes, i think i'm going to work out tonight, look! you just inspired me!!

TaylorMayde
let me just say that you are GORGEOUS. you tell the bf and the roomies to be respectful of your goal and just keep that crap food to a minimum in the house for the first couple of weeks. let them know that with it around, it'll just make it that much harder for you to lose and be happy with your body again. if they love and care about you, they will do it. believe me, after 2 or 3 weeks, regular food won't be appealing much anymore. oh and i have to tease you a little because you're from arkansas, HOOK 'EM!!! \m/ you're gonna do great on ip and you will get so much support here
Old 06-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #385  

S/C/G: 202/174/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,
I started IP about 9 weeks ago and am down 28 pounds as of 3:30 today! I have been following this forum for a few months and thought I would finally chime in. You all have been so inspirational!! I turn the big 4-oh in August and promised myself when I turned 39 that I would lose 40 by 40! Well it took me forever to finally get started and am glad I found IP. (A patient I see every 6 months came in 50 pounds lighter than the previous time I saw her, and when she told me about IP I was in!!)
Love this site and everyone's positive info!
Old 06-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #386  

S/C/G: 195/165/150 (lost 30 on LC)

Height: Now starting IP at 165 5'3"

Just started IP today along with hubby. So glad I found this site with all of the information and great encouragement.
I have previously lost 30 lbs on simple Low Carb during this last year. My husband is actually the one who after talking to friends that have been very successful on IP said lets check this out. The very 1st time he has been on board with something like this. I believe we will have good success doing it together.
We travel a lot, so I feel that being able to take along the packets will be very beneficial. So far today, I have enjoyed the Br-Orange pancake / L-Mushroom soup (added celery, mushrooms & asparagus) with cucumber salad / Sn-Salt n Vinegar Ridges....

Last edited by LindaCC; 06-18-2010 at 09:45 PM. Reason: added more info
Old 06-18-2010, 09:50 PM   #387  

OH AND HUUUUUUUUUUUGE NSV today, i realized that my 16 month son is 22 lbs and that he is exactly what i have lost...WOW, i kept picking him up all night handing him to my husband saying "can you believe i've lost THIS!" poor baby boy didn't know what mama was hollering about and throwing him to daddy for, but it was amazing to pick him up and finally feel proud of how far i've come. a number on a scale is just that, a number. when you actually carry it around again after you lose it, it fels AMAZING!

i'd encourage all of you to pick up children of various sizes(preferably not random ones!) and see how much you've actually lost, it's really motivational, and a little strange but hey that's me

Last edited by mamaerinb; 06-18-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #388  

S/C/G: S/C/G -- 240/183.5/150

Height: 5'4

Ok so, I have to rant...

I was just out and I wanted to go look at some tattoo art and ask about getting some work done on my side ...now I know that I am not the skinniest thing in the world and I know I am short.. and they only one who will see this tattoo is me and the boy...but this dude who was trying to set this up was so awkward about it....he must have tried for like an hour to tell me that I am too short and fat to get a tattoo there because of 'natural creases' and blah blah....

I don't know it doesnt seem so bad typing it out but I left there feeling like crap and I had a relapse into my self hate depresssion mode that I havn't had since I started IP because I have been feeling good about my progress...it is weird the little things that bother me and make me feel like I am the largest person ever...

meh just thought I would share while eating my spinach trying to feel better lol
Old 06-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #389  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinoa1823 View Post
Ok so, I have to rant...

I was just out and I wanted to go look at some tattoo art and ask about getting some work done on my side ...now I know that I am not the skinniest thing in the world and I know I am short.. and they only one who will see this tattoo is me and the boy...but this dude who was trying to set this up was so awkward about it....he must have tried for like an hour to tell me that I am too short and fat to get a tattoo there because of 'natural creases' and blah blah....

I don't know it doesnt seem so bad typing it out but I left there feeling like crap and I had a relapse into my self hate depresssion mode that I havn't had since I started IP because I have been feeling good about my progress...it is weird the little things that bother me and make me feel like I am the largest person ever...

meh just thought I would share while eating my spinach trying to feel better lol
you're doing great, don't let some a-hole bring you down, if it makes you feel any better you've lost as much in one month as i have in two! you're kicking butt and taking names

and in regards to tattoos, you don't want to get any right now. you're losing weight at such a quick pace, the tat you get today will look strange next month and even stranger once you hit goal-because you WILL hit goal. if you're really itching for a new tattoo, maybe reward yourself with one once you hit a certain goal weight in a spot that isn't going to shrink, like the back of your neck, your shoulder or your foot

barbiegirl and lindacc

Last edited by mamaerinb; 06-18-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:20 PM   #390  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaCC View Post
Just started IP today along with hubby. So glad I found this site with all of the information and great encouragement.
I have previously lost 30 lbs on simple Low Carb during this last year. My husband is actually the one who after talking to friends that have been very successful on IP said lets check this out. The very 1st time he has been on board with something like this. I believe we will have good success doing it together.
We travel a lot, so I feel that being able to take along the packets will be very beneficial. So far today, I have enjoyed the Br-Orange pancake / L-Mushroom soup (added celery, mushrooms & asparagus) with cucumber salad / Sn-Salt n Vinegar Ridges....
just noticed that you have had 2 restricteds today, has your coach approved this? you may want to stick to just one per day to see the best results, you don't have far to go and yu'll most likely reach your goal weight in a month or so with one restricted per day or even less. a lot of the ladies on here will limit themselves to 2-4 per week just to get the weight off quicker. no judging here, just wondering if this was explained to you by coach.
Closed Thread