Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 08:19 AM   #331  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I wonder how much is the glucose/glycogen/water storage that we have when we eat carbs???
I read that we would gain back 3-5 pounds of glycogen/water sometime between Phase 3 and Phase 4. Hasn't happened to me yet.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:21 AM   #332  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Finally in the 180's have not seen them in awhile. Yesterday three people in my office commented on my weight loss. I guess it is finally starting to show ! I have been on IP since March the weight loss has been slow and steady as I have also been working with a trainer 2-3 times a week. My coach warned me it would be slower because of the training. At times I have been a bit discouraged but continued on as I knew eventually the weight would come off.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:21 AM   #333  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Don't have time to read everything, but wanted to check in. B&B has been busy and summer is finally here....so much to do I don't have time for the computer. That is probably a good thing.
Jordana.....I'm so happy for you. I know you have worked really hard to be where you are. You deserve it!!! Congratulations...
Hi Sassy....you are looking good....that wedding will be here before you know it.
I had my weigh in yesterday and it went well. Lost 4 more pounds. I want to be to the 150's next week, so I'll be working really hard this week. 20 more to go to my goal. Would love to make that by the end of July. We shall see.
I was also told by my coach...no vanilla drinks. Luckily I had gotten 4 cases from New Lifestyle before I left on my trip. She is even looking at ordering from them so she can have some on hand.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:25 AM   #334  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Erin you look FANTASTIC!

To all ...on the coffee grinds, make sure they are moist when applied and leave it on a bit. For the legs I'd use plastic wrap or something so it warms up with your body too
Old 06-18-2010, 09:30 AM   #335  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Can't get my other little beach guy. Don't have time to mess today.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:31 AM   #336  

Height: 5'10"

EatBeef and SweetSheila-here's hoping your harvest is bountiful and the parts runs are few. I work in the crop insurance industry and greatly admire America's farmers for their hard work, dedication, and perseverance. God bless you and your families!!
Old 06-18-2010, 09:35 AM   #337  
Started IP 5/31/10

S/C/G: 241.8/223.0/150

Mini SV this morning! After being up a pound ALL WEEK I weighed myself this morning and was down 1.2! Official WI tomorrow, I'll keep you all posted.

I found tofu "pasta" at my local Asian market the other day, it is Shirataki brand. Only 3g of carbs for a 4oz. serving! I made it last night with Shrimp, olive oil, garlic, fresh herbs, and a bit of tomato and bell pepper. SO GOOD! Tasted just like angel hair pasta. It was awesome because I've been longing for pasta!

I was wondering if someone could give me a bit of clarification on the whole birth control pills not working on the plan. I haven't heard anything about it except for on here, but I don't understand why the plan would affect your pill?? If someone could shed some light on this for me I'd appreciate it!
Old 06-18-2010, 09:41 AM   #338  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryVaporKitten View Post

I was wondering if someone could give me a bit of clarification on the whole birth control pills not working on the plan. I haven't heard anything about it except for on here, but I don't understand why the plan would affect your pill?? If someone could shed some light on this for me I'd appreciate it!
Yes, here is why. The IP protocol re adjusts your system, helps you detoxify in a way and get rid of excess things like HORMONES (the pill gives you them) which is why most of us, if not all of us, have experienced our cycle to be irregular while on the program. In my case, I gained weight in great part thanks to excess Estrogen (which BTW is why I now avoid Soy products like the plague)

Your whole system goes haywire for a bit as it normalizes all your values. With it so does your cycle and hormonal levels.

Does that sort of explain it?
Old 06-18-2010, 09:58 AM   #339  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieEH View Post
well, I just got back from my WI#2 with my coach and... I lost 5.8lbs! Putting me at 10.6lbs in only 15 days! I'm already halfway to my goal! My coach was floored as it's higher than average for a female.

Everything made sense this morning because mother nature surprised me this morning and came a little early. salt and vinegar ridges for breakfast...ha...
Angie, Great WI!!! and with TOM waiting in the wings so close! (I'm right here with ya! and wow, what I wouldn't give to have some salt and vinegar ridges for breakfast this morning!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Got an iPhone today...now I can be addicted to this thread on the go! Just what I need lol. Thanks for info on soy cheese everyone!
If it's as easy and fun as it is on Blackberry - GOOD LUCK!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csdclark View Post
I baked the IP Chocolate Cookies out of the chocolate pancake mix. I found them a little dry so I cut one in half put it in the microwave for about 10 seconds then put a bit of Walden Farm strawberry spread on it. All I can say is YUMMY!!! Works great for a small snack.
Thanks for the tip! I like to make the muffin from the pancake mix, but I haven't tried the cookies. Will have to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Ok, well, quite the day.

Yesterday at my weigh in, I told my coach that I just couldn't seem to get rid of the 'c' problem...and he told me to try the psyllium, aloe vera, prune powder pill ...

Also, I had an event tonight that was a late,...

I also wore one of my bigger jackets ... Hit the road, Jack....

JC
I need to find those pills! My coach has not mentioned them at all.

Yes, I traveled for a couple of days and being prepared kept me out of trouble. I had a big freezer baggie with chopped up spinach and romaine, with a little bit of onion thrown in, a bag of sliced cucumbers, my olive oil, and a tupperware. when it was time to eat I just took out 2 cups of the veggies, drizzled on my EVOO, sprinkled my seasoning on top (I made one using Ms. Dash onion & herb, pepper, garlic and sea salt - using one of my empty sea salt containers, as the lid is perfect for letting the big seasonings through). I put the lid on , shake shake shake and mmmmm perfect every time.

Congrats on tossing that ole jacket to the side! It's a great feeling, isn't it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
was going to say that maybe in like a year we should organize a union of some sorts. I think Carla will be great at doing that, you are a great organizer...seriously!!!! maybe to a yoga retreat OR forget that, maybe to Mexico!!!!
Oh yes! I'm in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatBeef View Post
Oh good!
Love the new pic!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
Finally in the 180's have not seen them in awhile. My coach warned me it would be slower because of the training. At times I have been a bit discouraged but continued on as I knew eventually the weight would come off.
You and I are hanging so close in weight!!! I'm 187.5 today! I don't work out, but I sill lose pretty slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Don't have time to read everything, but wanted to check in. B&B has been busy and summer is finally here....so much to do I don't have time for the computer.

I had my weigh in yesterday and it went well. Lost 4 more pounds.

I was also told by my coach...no vanilla drinks. Luckily I had gotten 4 cases from New Lifestyle before I left on my trip. She is even looking at ordering from them so she can have some on hand.
Have a great weekend everyone.
You work at a B&B, or is it yours?!?! either way that's cool! I've always wanted to stay at one, but my DH is not game!

4 more pounds??? wow, I'm so happy for you. I haven't had a 4 lb week in months!

What is the deal with vanilla drinks??? I order them from lindora a month ago, and they're still not here, and my coach hasn't had them in forever either.

- Sarah, big hug for you!

Well guys keep up the good work. Have a great weekend. I didn't go in for an official WI today, I'm just too beat after the road trip. So, my scale says 2.25 from what my scale said last Friday, so that will be my WI for this week. At least I lost, given that the TOM is lurking big time. Of course just in time for my big night tomorrow night to see Chicago the musical! Oh well, such is life. I'll love it anyway!!!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #340  

Kelsey - I ordered vanilla drinks from Lindora on May 25. Mine finally shipped yesterday. I contacted the company last week to ask what the problem was, and they told me they were backordered. Hopefully you get yours soon!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:21 AM   #341  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Today is day 11 and I woke up feeling like I did on day 4. This morning I am feeling the fatigue really bad.

I wonder if it could be the mexican restaraunt I ate at last night. I had the chicken fajita minus the shells. Grilled chicken, peppers, and onions.

Guess I could take some extra potassium and sea salt today and see if that helps again. Any other suggestions?
Old 06-18-2010, 10:23 AM   #342  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
I know I will regret asking this, but how do you do this on your iphone? do you just go in through Safari to the same URL? or is there some specific app especially for this? (just what I need....)
I just go through safari & type in the url. It's a pain in the butt...but sometimes you just need your 3FC fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
Kelsey - I ordered vanilla drinks from Lindora on May 25. Mine finally shipped yesterday. I contacted the company last week to ask what the problem was, and they told me they were backordered. Hopefully you get yours soon!
Has anyone noticed a problem in Canada? My coach still has tons and when I go to Dr. B clinics they have them there too?

Thanks for the congrats WyoSun, Carla, & Sassy

Sassy - how exciting 40 more lbs until you can try to conceive!! I know you can achieve that goal and you are so healthy now to carry a baby. I'm excited for you!

Last edited by jordanna; 06-18-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #343  

I have not noticed Dr. B's or my coach being short of the ready made drinks. My coach has not had ready made puddings for a couple of weeks but always has the drinks.

Last edited by Vicjul; 06-18-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:31 AM   #344  

Whoo Hoo Kelsey hopefully we will see the 170's (or be close to) by the end of the summer challenge.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #345  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
I went to my dr yesterday and she said only 40 more pounds to go until we can try to start conceiving. Since being diagnosed with PCOS I have been working my butt off to do everything right to hopefully improve our chances of conceiving when we get married in September. Its been hard and emotional but hopefully 73 pounds gone will help us
That is soooo awesome! I have pcos as well and it was nearly impossible for me to lose weight before IP. Can't wait to hear how things go -40 lbs from now! I also noticed from your signature that you're down another size - whoohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
I need to find those pills! My coach has not mentioned them at all.
They're called Novi-Lax. Your coach *should* be able to order them for you.

Hey y'all, I'm glad it's Friday but today is one of those blah days where I don't feel like eating veggies or drinking shakes. But I will cuz I want to lose weight! I just haven't had much of an appetite since yesterday. Oh well. I suppose this is better than wanting to eat everything in sight so I should probably enjoy it and stop worrying.
Closed Thread