Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #346  

S/C/G: S/C/G -- 240/183.5/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Last thing, I only have real vanilla and not extract, so I took the chocolate pudding, added Splenda, salt, cinnamon and a drop of orange oil I had in the cupboard. Then put the whole thing in the freezer. I haven't had it yet, but the small taste from licking the whisk was a little like those chocolate oranges they sell at Christmas!
oooo let me know how it was, sounds nummy
Old 06-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #347  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatBeef View Post
Oh good! Username - it's usually eatkansasbeef! Thought I'd spare everyone, I guess =) We'll probably start wheat harvest today. Wednesday it tested 18! How soon for you all? It's always a long and hot two weeks. Ugghhhhhh. . . on my way to town for parts - already. Anyway, wishing you all a safe and bountiful harvest
We have about a week yet before we start cutting. We did fire up the combine the other day and made sure it was working good It is a looong hot two weeks Hope you have a wonderful safe harvest also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
EatBeef and SweetSheila-here's hoping your harvest is bountiful and the parts runs are few. I work in the crop insurance industry and greatly admire America's farmers for their hard work, dedication, and perseverance. God bless you and your families!!
Thank you Hockey Mom! Your job is not easy either. Thank you for all the hard work that you put in
Old 06-18-2010, 11:38 AM   #348  

S/C/G: 217/189/145

Height: 5'5

Hi Ladies, I'm a newbie here and trying to lose weight for the wedding. Looks like there are a few others doing the same. I love this sight and you are all so encouraging. Thanks for letting me share my journey with you.

I am nearly done week two, and all together down 10pds....feeling really great.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:40 AM   #349  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
I read that we would gain back 3-5 pounds of glycogen/water sometime between Phase 3 and Phase 4. Hasn't happened to me yet.
The nutritionist told us at the Phase 4 workshop last night that it happens some time within 6-8 months of finishing the diet. Rats! Thought I dodged a bullet!
Old 06-18-2010, 11:44 AM   #350  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Default I know this is long buttt.....

Hey Ladies!
I've been privately stalking you all for about two weeks now, and finally decided it was about time for me to say something! About a month ago, I started working at a medical supply company that sells IP. My boss is an IP coach, and I met her before I started working here and am BLOWN AWAY by her results. It really gives me hope. But not as much as all of you! You guys are seriously so much more inspirational than I can even express to you.
I haven't started the diet yet (my coach is on vacation) I will start the day she gets back --6/28--but I'm already sitting here planning out every meal.
Sorry if this post gets a bit long, but like I said, I've been watching for two weeks now so I have a lot to say.

14 months ago, when I started dating my boyfriend, I weighed about 170. I'm only about 5'3", so that was already bigger than I wanted to be. In the year, I gained 50 pounds. IN ONE YEAR!!!! That's on top of the 30 pounds I gained my senior year of high school. I've been a cheerleader since I was three, and a pageant girl since I was 8 months, and after my Junior year of high school, I fractured my spine and broke my ankle during a competition, and had to quit cheering. Since then, I've done nothing but gain weight. I have Gastroesophagal Refulx Disease, Depression and Anxiety, and Hypothyroidism, as well as a lymphnode in my head, apparently caused by excess weight. I'm 20, and I take 10 prescriptions a day. My boyfriend is 24, 6 feet tall, and weighs 160 lbs soaking wet. He played basketball at ASU. I can't even begin to fit into his shorts, and have to squeeze into his shirts--which is quite embarassing.

However, this is not a sob story. This is my SUCCESS story, because I KNOW with IP--and support from all of you--I WILL lose this weight!!!
Old 06-18-2010, 11:45 AM   #351  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBride View Post
Hi Ladies, I'm a newbie here and trying to lose weight for the wedding. Looks like there are a few others doing the same. I love this sight and you are all so encouraging. Thanks for letting me share my journey with you.

Welcome AugustBride !!! This is a great site, it has helped to keep me motivated. Good Luck I am sure you will do great, 10 pounds is amazng !!

Last edited by Vicjul; 06-18-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #352  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Hey Ladies!
I've been privately stalking you all for about two weeks now, and finally decided it was about time for me to say something! About a month ago, I started working at a medical supply company that sells IP. My boss is an IP coach, and I met her before I started working here and am BLOWN AWAY by her results. It really gives me hope. But not as much as all of you! You guys are seriously so much more inspirational than I can even express to you.
I haven't started the diet yet (my coach is on vacation) I will start the day she gets back --6/28--but I'm already sitting here planning out every meal.
Sorry if this post gets a bit long, but like I said, I've been watching for two weeks now so I have a lot to say.

14 months ago, when I started dating my boyfriend, I weighed about 170. I'm only about 5'3", so that was already bigger than I wanted to be. In the year, I gained 50 pounds. IN ONE YEAR!!!! That's on top of the 30 pounds I gained my senior year of high school. I've been a cheerleader since I was three, and a pageant girl since I was 8 months, and after my Junior year of high school, I fractured my spine and broke my ankle during a competition, and had to quit cheering. Since then, I've done nothing but gain weight. I have Gastroesophagal Refulx Disease, Depression and Anxiety, and Hypothyroidism, as well as a lymphnode in my head, apparently caused by excess weight. I'm 20, and I take 10 prescriptions a day. My boyfriend is 24, 6 feet tall, and weighs 160 lbs soaking wet. He played basketball at ASU. I can't even begin to fit into his shorts, and have to squeeze into his shirts--which is quite embarassing.

However, this is not a sob story. This is my SUCCESS story, because I KNOW with IP--and support from all of you--I WILL lose this weight!!!
Welcome TaylorMayde, what a story good for you for taking control and wanting to do something about your weight. You have the right attitude You will do this !!!
Old 06-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #353  
tay

S/C/G: 191/176/125

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBride View Post

Welcome! That is a really great loss for two weeks! Your doing great!

W1:9 W2:6
Old 06-18-2010, 11:55 AM   #354  
tay

S/C/G: 191/176/125

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Hey Ladies!

Welcome! Its great that you are going to do something about it! You will find alot of encouragement here. You have an AMAZING attitude towards this, which is great.Wish you luck!

W1:9 W2:6
Old 06-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #355  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Hey Ladies!

TaylorMayde: WELCOME to the IP forum. So glad you decided to join us today! I am a big time IP cheerleader. I have only been on the plan two weeks, but I love it. I truly think a big reason I have been so excited and successful is due to this forum.

No kidding, hang in here with all these wonderful women (and men) and you are guaranteed success. Hopefully you will be able to say goodbye to all those medications.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #356  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatBeef View Post
Oh good! We'll probably start wheat harvest today. Wednesday it tested 18! How soon for you all?
this makes me so jealous (not the harvest work!). Our weather is so screwed up and it is still raining 6 days out of 7 and in the 50's here. WHEN will we get summer??? But good luck on the harvest, and I admire you and your family for farming--just about the hardest, most unappreciated, and most important job in our country

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
I was also told by my coach...no vanilla drinks. Luckily I had gotten 4 cases from New Lifestyle before I left on my trip. She is even looking at ordering from them so she can have some on hand.
Have a great weekend everyone.
I know the formulae look identical, do they taste the same? I practically live on the vanilla readymades. And were they backordered or pretty quick?

Quote:
I've been privately stalking you all for about two weeks now, ...) I will start the day she gets back --6/28--but I'm already sitting here planning out every meal.... This is my SUCCESS story, because I KNOW with IP--and support from all of you--I WILL lose this weight!!!
Hey TaylorMayde, seems most of us stalk for awhile as we get over our fears. But you sound like a fiercesome person who will do really well--you have a great attitude, even though you have some hard challenges you are facing them right in the eye! welcome

Tomorrow is my daughter's graduation reception and Sunday I leave for a week long work trip. I'll be doing 11-12 hour days locked in a building with food "catered" in. I'm borrowing some of the ideas others have tried. Also booked myself into an Embassy Suites so I have a microwave and refrigerator. And they have a "custom cook" breakfast bar, so looks like I get to have egg white omelettes every day for breakfast, YAY! Honestly I'm more worried about tomorrow's sheet cake than all next week...

have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 06-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
Today is day 11 and I woke up feeling like I did on day 4. This morning I am feeling the fatigue really bad.

I wonder if it could be the mexican restaraunt I ate at last night. I had the chicken fajita minus the shells. Grilled chicken, peppers, and onions.

Guess I could take some extra potassium and sea salt today and see if that helps again. Any other suggestions?
You probably already know that cooked onions are not on the protocol, but many people say it's OK to cook them lightly. Sometimes I wonder if the MSG that most restaurants use can cause these symptoms. I have been reading that MSG can derail our low-carb diets. Does anyone know about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
The nutritionist told us at the Phase 4 workshop last night that it happens some time within 6-8 months of finishing the diet. Rats! Thought I dodged a bullet!
Well, poop.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:02 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

back from weigh in. No loss but I already knew that was coming. here is looking forward to next week
Old 06-18-2010, 01:10 PM   #359  

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

Default WI 2 in the books

I'm a happy shrinking man!

Lost another 6.8 lbs this week for a total of 15.8 lbs in two weeks.... It took me 3 months to lose 20 just trying to eat healthy on my own.

Lost another 1" of my waist, a 1/4" off my hips, and 1/4" of my thigh...I feel pretty good about this.

As a bonus my % body fat dropped by 0.6% and my BMI moved down 1%.

All of you ladies are doing wonderful. I'm enjoying reading your progress and tips. This site has been very helpful to me for food ideas and just general IP information. Thanks for you tips and keep up the great work!

Old 06-18-2010, 01:18 PM   #360  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Great job everyone ! To all the new people . Stick with it this really works ad you will feel great . Im at 155 today . 5 lbs to go !
Closed Thread