General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 09:36 PM   #331  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightenup2014 View Post
You can do it, Noname! Only a few more hours!
I am so glad I logged on to see this. I needed it!

Ya know, if you can do zero calorie fasts, why not just do that instead of eating on your fast days? The only reason Michael Mosely suggested "up to 500 calories" for fast days is because most people are more successful that way. A lot of the ladies on the 5:2 facebook group I'm in do two zero calorie fasts a week and find it easier that way. So if it works for you, why not? Just a thought!

Cannot wait for breakfast tomorrow.....
Old 10-31-2014, 01:37 PM   #332  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Hi all! Can I join? I was here a while back and lost 12 lbs basically fasting all day except for coffee in the AM and then eating a big supper, but it's just really really hard for me to moderate! I think I need to switch to a 5:2 or something of the sort.

I'm actually in the same boat as lightenup, in that I think it would be easier for me psychologically to just flat out not eat than eat 500 calories, because I'm an all or nothing type person and it is hard for me to stop once I get started, especially if I'm really hungry. If I did a ~0 calorie day twice a week (approximately because I have to put something in my coffee, really don't like it black!), I think that would allow me enough of a calorie deficit to eat enough to not feel deprived the rest of the week (while not going crazy and undoing all my fasting work of course). What do you ladies think?
Old 10-31-2014, 02:52 PM   #333  
Call me NNS!

just keep swimming - welcome back! I think that sounds like a great plan Give it a shot and let us know how it goes!

I've been considering giving it a shot myself. I'll do a couple more weeks of 4:3 (with 500-600 calories) first, but this week I actually had a small gain. It may just be things leveling off, but if I don't lose the next few weeks, I'll try something new.

Happy Halloween everyone!
Old 11-01-2014, 05:29 PM   #334  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Thanks, noname! I did it! Zero calories from Thursday dinner to Saturday breakfast! Got really hungry a few times, but was totally fine by this morning. Although I was freeeeezing last night. Also, next time (Monday) I definitely need to drink more water. I'll try this for a couple weeks and see how it goes. Will keep you all updated!
Old 11-03-2014, 09:17 AM   #335  
Call me NNS!

just keep swimming - Woohoo! I'm so glad it worked for you! Hey, we're about the same age

---

Today is fast day one of three this week. Eating up to 500 or 600 calories. I'm not sure what is for dinner tonight though. Maybe a soup or stew of some sort.

I went to Goodwill on Saturday...I'm continually surprised with how many choices there are now that I'm a smaller size. I scored a few really nice brand name things and only spent $20! Of course, I got a dress I love but I don't have a sweater that matches so I'll have to buy more clothes. Darn.

Last edited by nonameslob; 11-03-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:13 PM   #336  
16/8

S/C/G: 153/151.8/133

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies,

Okay, I'm going for it tomorrow! But I can't decide on one of two plans: a 24-hr fast, so basically stop eating tonight at 9pm and then don't eat until tomorrow at 9pm, but then only a small dinner and some wine. Or, completely skip eating tomorrow and start up at noon or so on Wed (like Just Keep Swimming, only slightly different hours). I know I can do that, since I've done it before, but I'm not sure about doing it regularly, esp twice a week. But I'm determined to give one of those a go and stick to it, at least for tomorrow! The Halloween candy around here isn't going to help! Sheesh, our kids got pounds of it, and of course, a bunch of the kind I love--the chocolate candy bars! ;-)

Noname--That's frustrating! I hope this next week works better for you! I have never tried Goodwill, but I do go to Plato's Closet and find some good stuff there. Hey, I have a gift card--I need to go shopping! Just waiting to lose a few more lbs!

Just Keep Swimming--Congrats! I'm glad that worked for you. Are you going to do that (basically a 36-hr fast?) once or twice per week?

Nayla--How are you doing? I need my running inspiration! I did a half-effort run on Saturday, but I did quite a bit of walking as well. I just feel like I want to be several lbs lighter before I run much again. I hate being stuck at this weight, when I know I can run so much better when I'm lighter!
Old 11-04-2014, 08:28 AM   #337  

S/C/G: 158.3/148.5/135

Height: 4'11"

Welcome just keep swimming! Excited to have you over and looking forward hearing how you do.

Noname - don't be hard on yourself! I actually had a gain yesterday and today it's gone again. I'm still hanging at 143.5 or so. I like that I'm maintaining, but I know that I can lose too... I just haven't been perfect

Lightenup! Hey! Still doing my running! I actually increased my mileage once per week a couple of weeks ago and last Saturday I ran my very best 4 miles! woop! My brother challenged me to a half next year! Excited and nervous. I can't imagine myself doing 13 miles... we'll see!

On Saturday it was my daughters birthday. Based on my garmin, I did a total of 16 miles! Starting with my run, and just getting the house ready then hosting... I was actually down to 143 on Sunday morning... I barely ate on Saturday. But then on Sunday I broke all rules. We woke up early and went out for breakfast at my fav place! Then I ate candy LOL Then had Panera Bread for dinner... yeah... Had a TWO lb gain yesterday morning! I just smiled and did a half assed (excuse my language) fast yesterday. I say that because I did eat about 850 calories. Did three miles this morning and came in at 143.5.

This week is a crazy one and not sure I'll be able to run again until Saturday. My nephew is graduating Marine Corps Boot Camp and we are driving up to So. Carolina tomorrow... SO EXCITED! So it'll be a week full of exciting stuff, feeding my nephew and just spending time with family. My dad is flying in from PR so I'm super happy to be able to spend time with him as well. I'm hoping I can at least maintain. If I can maintain, I'll be happy. Tomorrow I'll probably do another fast (half assed again LOL) since we'll be on the road in the afternoon and I'll be busy in the morning working and trying to get everything ready.

Anyway - I'm blabbing now. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and week (in case I can't check in again). Talk to ya'll soon!
Old 11-04-2014, 12:36 PM   #338  
Call me NNS!

lightenup - What did you end up deciding to do? You may just have to try a few different ways and see what works best!

nayla - a half assed fast is better than nothing. At the very least you shouldn't have a problem maintaining while enjoying time with your family! Have a great trip. You'll get back to losing soon enough. You know you can do it.

Yesterday was kinda rough. I got really weak around 4PM so I ate a tiny piece of chocolate and managed just fine through grocery shopping. Made my usual fast day dinner. Then I went to the gym and had like no energy, so I made it through a half hour of cardio and called it quits. Today will be busy, since I'm voting after work and stopping by to see my parents, so I have dinner prepped for when I get home. Then I'll try to go to the gym. Should be easier today since I'm not fasting.

I joined the November Exercise challenge to try to get me back on track with the gym, so I need to work out at the gym at least 2 hours a week. Which is about twice as much as what my lazy butt has been doing!
Old 11-05-2014, 09:46 AM   #339  

S/C/G: 158.3/148.5/135

Height: 4'11"

Hey noname! You have to take care of yourself! Fasting is not worth it if you're not feeling well! Be safe!

I didn't go running today. I still have so much to get done. I was 142.6 this morning though so not bad

Not sure how much I'll be able to check in the rest of the week, so if I don't have a great week!
Old 11-05-2014, 10:11 AM   #340  
16/8

Nayla--Yay, you're doing awesome running! And if you can get some running in when it's so busy, that's great, too! I have trouble doing that, but I guess I need to get more fire under my butt again! Have a great trip to SC for boot camp grad--we did that when my cousin graduated from there--went to Columbia for her boot camp graduation and enjoyed seeing all the fam.

Noname--Yeah, sometimes you just feel like you have to have something! But if you kept it to a piece of chocolate and then carried on, I think that's pretty good! The key to fasting working for me is just limiting calories (in addition to any other health benefits it provides). I'm sorry to hear that your workout wasn't great, but at least it was something! Maybe after a couple more weeks it will get easier.

Well my 24 hr fast went well! My husband fell asleep early Monday night, so no vino and no snacking was easier. Then yesterday I was so busy and working away from home, that I barely noticed the fast. And then I think just having a set plan helped me not to eat until 9pm. I had probably close to 1000 calories, including a glass of wine, but I think that's pretty good. It's more than a 500- or 600-calorie fast day, but if I could regularly do it each week it should at least help. Today I'm going to wait until at least 1pm to eat, maybe later if I can. I think what helped me yesterday, too, was just having a solid plan again. The past month or so I've been wondering what to do, not having a good plan in place. We'll see how this goes. I'm planning to do another 24-hr fast tomorrow (starting at 9pm or so tonight). I'm a little nervous about not fasting much for the 4 days after that, but I already today feel like eating good stuff, and not the chocolate and other junk I was sometimes going to in the past few weeks (fried Reeses, lol!).
Old 11-05-2014, 10:15 AM   #341  
16/8

Nayla--The half marathon is our favorite distance (hubby and me)! It's challenging, but not so wearing on your body as the full marathon. We are actually thinking about signing up for a half next year, too. I better get busy! Go for it, it's a great distance!
Old 11-05-2014, 10:25 AM   #342  
Call me NNS!

nayla - Thanks. It wasn't that I wasn't feeling well, and I didn't really feel the need to eat any more, except for that one moment where I needed it in the afternoon! Still stayed within my fasting calories, and just had a slower than normal workout. Have a good week! Hope you get another run in soon.

lightenup - I agree. I think it was just low blood sugar, and the workout thing, well that's normal. None of it was reason to not complete my fast. It definitely could be that I'm just getting used to 4:3 as opposed to 5:2. I think I'm about a month into it now? Sounds like your fasts are going well. I hope it shows on the scale. Isn't it funny how a fast can fix your cravings too???

Today is fast 2 of 3. So far, so good, but it is early The hardest will be Friday's fast, but I'm honestly happy to not have to do a back to back this week. Didn't manage to get to the gym last night since I voted and then visited with my parents, but I will tonight and again on Thursday. I've only done 30 min. of the 2 hours I need to do at the gym this week!
Old 11-05-2014, 10:07 PM   #343  
16/8

Noname--I'm right there with you! I joined a walk challenge team at work, thinking it would really motivate me to get in more steps (walking, running, really any activity works). But I've found that I've gotten the least steps/exercise since starting the walk challenge than I have in the past several months! Oh well, 3 more weeks to work harder at it! I hope your fast today went well. My second one will be tomorrow. I definitely ate less today than usual, even though I didn't really fast today. Hopefully that won't hurt me for tomorrow's fast!

We are going camping this weekend with my son's Cub Scout troop, so I'll have to hold back on seconds of everything! Hot dogs, hamburgers, smores, cobbler. Yum!

Last edited by lightenup2014; 11-05-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:08 AM   #344  
Call me NNS!

lightenup - Good luck with your walking! You just have to get more competitive with it Is there a prize if you "win" the challenge, or are you j just competing against yourself? Have a good fast - it'll be worth it to be able to enjoy some yummy camp food this weekend. But not too much! I hope you have good weather. It's going to be quite cold here!

I did not get to the gym last night. My energy has been really low on fast days ever since I started 4:3. If I don't lose this week, I might just switch back to 5:2 because at least then I'll have energy to work out! And I've notice I am more hungry on feast days. I didn't used to eat breakfast the day after a fast, but now I find myself very hungry. But that could also be the cold weather. Anyway, hopefully I have more energy today after eating a square three meals so I can spend an hour at the gym.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:40 AM   #345  
Call me NNS!

Still not looking promising for a loss this week. I don't think 4:3 is worth it for me, aside from maybe now and then after a really bad week (like after Thanksgiving probably!). Today is fast 3 of 3, and I will be really really really happy when it is over lol Next week will definitely be 5:2...

Didn't go to the gym Wednesday, but somehow managed to get to the gym last night for about 40 min. Once I got there, I had plenty of energy which was good, but I so didn't want to go! I'll try to go tomorrow morning. I used to go on Saturday mornings all the time, not sure why I got out of that habit.

Hope everyone is having a more successful week than I am :P But maybe I'll have a better readout on the scale tomorrow than I am expecting!
Closed Thread