General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 05:26 PM   #406  

hi all, I am new to this group after migrating over from the accu-weight (bead diet) board that was just shut down by the Admin. The accu-weight diet is very similar to IF, so I wanted to see if I should just do IF instead. After reading through the last 3 months of posts, I really cant tell if everyone is experiencing significant weight loss. Can a few people chime in to report what your average loss per month has been? Thanks!
Old 12-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #407  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

What is a bead diet? I'm just getting started but it has been positive. 1 week and 3 lbs
Old 12-08-2014, 07:19 PM   #408  
300+ Chick

Gertie..Hi and welcome....Since August when I started fasting..lost 36 Lbs so far!!I have more to go on..I love this!!

Good luck with your efforts!
Old 12-09-2014, 11:22 AM   #409  

Thanks for your input! The bead diet is based on accu-pressure and you only drink milk for 2 days, then veggies for 2 days, etc. It is different than IF in that you are kindof on this constant diet of about 500 cal/day. However, the way I was doing it was more like IF. I would do milk/veggies on the weekdays and do whatever I wanted on the weekends. I thought I might want to move to IF since it might be less restrictive but (I am hoping) still effective at weight loss. I still have about 20 pounds to go
Old 12-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #410  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

gertie, I'm not familiar with the bead diet either. Sounds very restrictive, and I didn't think it was a good idea to be on such a long term low calorie diet? Though the way you did it sounds much safer. I think a transition to IF would be easy for you based on what you've said about the bead diet though!

My loss has been very slow, and for 5:2 at least, the average loss is a pound a week. I'm not sure what it is for other forms of IF (eating windows). But for me, it's been a steady decline so I am okay with it being slow. No form of IF will give you rapid weight loss, so if that is what you are looking for, you may want to look elsewhere. But that's just my opinion.

---

My weight went up after yesterday's fast day. I don't recall that ever happening in the year+ I've been doing this! Granted, I ate more than 500 calories but it couldn't have been more than 700. Today is a normal eating today, but hopefully the scale will balance itself out. So odd.

Looks like I'll be doing a back-to-back Wednesday/Thursday. Boo.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #411  

Nonameslob, yes, probably not the healthiest diet in the world, but some of the people on the message board raved about it, so I thought I would give it a try. I lost ~15 lbs in about 2 months (by going off on the weekends). I gave it a break for the month of November and have kept if off, but I am ready to start up with something else to get the rest of the 20 lbs off. Regarding weight gain after fast day, could it be salt intake/water weight?

AmethystJean, can you tell me what you did to lose 3 lbs in one week? It looks like I have about the same starting point and goal that you have, so maybe what is working for you will work for me.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:18 PM   #412  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

There was an article in our local paper about a recent Salk Study regarding IF. The study was done with mice. It seemed weird to read it because it seemed like they just figured this out, when people have been doing this successfully for years.

I tried to find the article online but couldn't, but these 2 are similar to the article that was in the paper.

http://www.salk.edu/news/pressreleas...p?press_id=560

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/garth-...b_1528448.html
Old 12-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #413  
No excuses

Noname, I went up today too and I really didn't expect to. It just happens sometimes. I try to weigh myself weekly, but lately have been doing daily, but then we get caught up when there is a natural fluctuation.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:25 PM   #414  
Call me NNS!

I've weighed myself daily for almost a year and this is the first time it is happened. It doesn't bother me much, just makes me wonder WTH is going on! It's back down today.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #415  
300+ Chick

Hi all

I am good this week...Friday is my day. I measure my waist, down 1 inch!!! 6 total!! I have more,more to go on.

Keep up the good work all!!! See ya later
Old 12-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #416  
No excuses

Down 3.4 today so that up yesterday really was a blip. Although I had about 800-900 cals of cookies and I feel like a failure on top of the terrible physical effects (headache, brain fog, chest pain, stomach pain). I'm trying to let it go because things are generally moving in the right direction.

Anyone fasting with me tomorrow?
Old 12-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #417  
300+ Chick

I weighed in...No set date..

Last week...- 6
This week.. - 4
Total so far.... - 40

Have the rest of the week good..Stay strong all!!
Old 12-11-2014, 09:29 AM   #418  
Call me NNS!

Liliann woohoo for inches lost! I can't remember the last time I saw a measurement go down (though my clothes are getting looser so wth?) That is so rewarding! Sounds like you're dropping those inches very quickly!

Amethyst Cookies happen. And the feeling you got afterwards is a nice reminded not to do it again any time soon. Letting it go is definitely the right mindset I'm not fasting today, but I'll be sending you good fasting juju!

My parents got me a Nutribullet for my birthday! I had been using a blender but it didn't work well so I gave up. I finally used it today. I think it's going to be very very helpful on non-fasting days. My breakfasts weren't cutting it (usually just a couple hard boiled eggs) and the smoothies usually fill me up for a while, plus they take me a good two hours to finish. Here's hoping it helps keep me in check on non-fasting days and helps me get through the rest of this holiday season.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:07 AM   #419  
300+ Chick

No name.. How exciting on getting Nurti Bullet!!! I have it which I always make fruit smoothies during the summer!! You will enjoy it!! I love mine!!
Old 12-11-2014, 11:43 AM   #420  

I had a cookie incident this morning, too. I was on my third fast day yesterday and it took all I had to not dig into them last night. When I woke up this morning and found myself 0.6 lbs higher then yesterday, I had no motivation to avoid them this morning, do I dove in. Although I feel yucky afterwards, I do not feel the need to continue to eat more cookies which is progress. In the past, I could easily plow through at least twice the amount that I ate this morning.
Closed Thread