General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 08:03 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 158.3/148.5/135

Height: 4'11"

Noname - hope your fast went well! I don't usually drink alcohol, but when I do it's a glass of wine or a cocktail and I always have a lb or two the day after... even 3 if I have one too many glasses of wine (which is usually the case when I'm among friends).

OMG girls! I don't want to jinx myself because I just came out of a fast... but my scale read 149.4 this morning! Will weigh again tomorrow and Thursday to make sure So excited! I could've done the happy dance! YAY!

Hope everyone is dong well! Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-09-2014, 09:15 AM   #197  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Fast went well yesterday! Had a good bit of energy at the gym, too. I've been slowly getting back to a normal eating routine on non-fast days. Previously I was trying to stick to a 16:8 schedule, but I think it's best I not overdo it. I'm not eating much of a breakfast on non-fast days still, but I am eating a little bit if I'm hungry (had a hard boiled egg this morning). I think it was putting too much stress on me and I guess I'm also hoping it helps with the hair loss and lightheaded issues, so we will see. I hope it doesn't affect my losses too much (not that I've had much of a loss lately anyway!)

nayla - congrats on the new decade!!!
Old 09-10-2014, 09:24 AM   #198  

Thanks Noname! I'm 149.2 this morning? Hopefully that's a good sign that I AM indeed in a new decade!

It's good that you recognize what's stressing you out, etc. You need to do what you have to get through the days. I don't think it would affect your losses? I guess as long as you stay within your calorie allowance, you should be ok.

I struggled through my run today and then I realized why! I had a Starbucks PSL yesterday Totally indulged, of course stayed within my calories, but I always struggle when I have too much dairy. Oh well! Moving on... Hoping for a great run tomorrow instead.

Have a great day!
Old 09-10-2014, 10:08 PM   #199  
Call me NNS!

That's weird that a latte the day before a run would have such an effect!

I'm so disappointed. I just realized that I have a luncheon to go to for work tomorrow, on a planned fast day! I would have rearranged my fasts if I had realized sooner. I believe its a buffet, so I will try to keep it light. I should be able to stay under 1,000 calories for the day I guess and then maybe do another light day on Friday. This is so annoying because I haven't been losing much lately and I've been trying to be dilligent to get the weight rolling off again.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:54 AM   #200  

It looks like it's just you and I as of late, Noname? Hope everyone is well!

Noname, you'll be fine! I had to do that before, just stayed at about 1000 and had a great day on the scale the morning Don't stress over it. I know it's easier than done, though. I have a trip coming up the week of September 22nd and I'll have to be careful that week. May consider it a break week of only doing 16:8. Same goes for the week of October 7th... another trip and that one will be even harder as I'll be going to Chicago... foodie place and will be surrounded by co-workers as it's a conference! ha! Mentally preparing myself for those in advance haha!

TOM should be there in the next three days more or less, so I'm scared to weigh in because I know I'll be up. I should probably to weigh in until next week, but I'm sure that won't happen.

Have a great day!

Doing good here... just trucking along. Have a fast today.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:05 AM   #201  
16/8

S/C/G: 153/151.8/133

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies,

I'm still around, on my last day of my diet break. I feel like I've gained 5 lbs! Oh well, hopefully the fat burning will commence tomorrow! I'm not exactly looking forward to fasting, but I am looking forward to that lighter feeling, and knowing that I'm losing weight (well, hoping, anyway). It has been a good break, and I don't think I've terribly overdone it. I have not counted or kept up with calories at all for the past 6 days or so, so that might have spelled trouble on the scale. I've also taken a complete break from working out, ugh! I'll see what the scale says tomorrow!

Nayla--Congrats on the new decade! I hope you're there for good (for a little while, anyway, until the next one down!). So it sounds like you're running everyday? I can't seem to make myself do that--I tend to run maybe 3 times per week, and walk or do something else the other days to give my legs a break. But as long as you're feeling good, go for it! You must be getting in some good weekly mileage!

Noname--I'm sorry you're in a weight rut, but I'm sure you'll be past it in no time. It does stink when outside obligations force you to change your diet plans. I hope it goes well today!

Dottington--I hope you're doing well! I forget if you've gone somewhere or you're just busy with school. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!!
Old 09-11-2014, 12:39 PM   #202  
16/8

Okay, I went ahead and weighed myself, and I'm at 145.8, so up about 3 lbs. Not terrible, I guess. Noname--how much did you gain, if any, on that break you took a while back? I know you said you were pretty active, which I have NOT been! I'm hoping the weight will move pretty quickly once I get back to it.

Nayla--I think I was writing my post as you were posting! I feel like I've really eaten a good amount in the last two weeks, and I'm only up barely 3 lbs. Some of that is food weight and water weight I'm sure (Red Lobster last night! I know, not exactly gourmet, but my grandma's favorite place and she and my mom were visiting. It was actually a really great meal--unfortunately for the bank account, our kids LOVE shrimp, lobster, and crab legs, lol!). Anyway, just saying, your upcoming trips might not set you back too much.

Last edited by lightenup2014; 09-11-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #203  
16/8

Well, today was my official weigh-in on my first day back to IF, and I was 145.4, which is exactly 3 lbs up from the first day of my 2-week break. Here's to hoping a lot of that is food and water weight! I've done great so far today, but my husband is getting home late and we're having a late dinner then. I definitely feel ready to get back to fasting and losing weight. It's also easier knowing I'll probably have another break in a couple of months. I do love my 6-hr window of eating, but I'm realizing maybe everyday isn't the right approach. I might try doing one 700 calorie day and then a "free" day on the weekend. We'll see.

I hope all is well with everyone!!
Old 09-14-2014, 01:23 PM   #204  
16/8

I'm down to 143.2 today, so far, so good! I can't believe two weeks of eating what I just feel like eating didn't make much difference in my weight! Now I'm hoping to get down to the next decade soon!!

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend! It's gotten cool here, and feels like fall!
Old 09-15-2014, 08:53 AM   #205  
Call me NNS!

Happy Monday! (I hate Mondays!)

Had a good week and weekend...I did manage to get a second fast in on Friday, but I haven't seen a loss on the scales or in inches in a while. We managed to do about 15 miles of hiking between our night hike during the week and yesterday! I think my hair loss is decreasing, but my lightheadedness is still there. Just gonna keep at it...I think that I just need to go ahead and schedule a maintenance break starting next Monday, though. Yep, gonna put it in my calendar and make it official. It's hard to think about since I haven't lost much lately, but I know I need to try it and see if it helps with getting my weight moving again AND with my other issues.

The good news is even though I haven't seen a new low, I haven't been bloating upwards as much as I used to! So I've been solidly in the 180s for a few weeks now.

lightenup2014 I am so happy to hear your break went so well! Sounds like you're almost back to your pre-break weight??? I hope you figure out something that works going forward. I'm glad the break ended up being a good decision for you
Old 09-15-2014, 08:55 AM   #206  

Good Morning Ladies!

Hey Lightenup! So good to see you! Look at you! Sounds like you pretty much gained water weight! Very proud of you I'm sure you'll get to the next decade very quickly!

I'm in the middle of TOM so I still haven't weighed. I did have a beer yesterday, the smaller can and lighter beer, but still alcohol so I'm sure I'm up today. I'm such a light weight lol Anyway - I felt it during my run; my legs felt heavy!

I'm fasting today and get back to my normal 16:8 tomorrow. I will do another long fast on Thursday. I leave on Saturday for San Diego. I am going to try and keep up with my 16:8, but I'm sure my calorie intake may go up a bit because I'll be eating out a lot and not making the food myself.

Anyway - hope everyone has a wonderful week! Will check in later again
Old 09-15-2014, 09:30 AM   #207  

Hey Noname! Seems like we posted around the same time

Mondays suck! ha! I think scheduling a break may be good for your psych as well? 15 mile hike!? Wow! That's awesome! And very good on managing to at least maintain. I think a break may help throw your body off and reset? At least that's my train of thought.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #208  
Call me NNS!

Looks that way nayla That's so funny that one beer can have such an affect on you! lol Probably a good thing though, so it keeps you from over-indulging (a weakness of mine!)

It wasn't 15 miles at one time! We went Wednesday and Saturday, so 15 miles between the two days. I was really annoyed that I'm already planning a maintenance break, but in reality I have lost 10 pounds since the last one at the end of June, and it usually takes me about 3 months to lose 10 pounds, so in reality I'm doing just fine. I just really want to hit my Halloween goal of 179 but it feels so far away!
Old 09-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #209  
16/8

Good morning! As good as Monday can be, anyway! I was still 143.2 this morning, which is actually awesome, since yesterday was my "up" day. Well, I was at maintenance, actually, but still, a few weeks ago I think that would have caused an increase overnight. I'm planning to do my regular 6-hr window this week except Thursday will be my "low" day--hoping to do around 700 calories. We'll see how that goes. I'm also excited that I got my treadmill desk working again. It had developed a loud and obnoxious clunking sound, and I called and did the handy-woman thing, and fixed it myself! Now it's nice and quiet--I'm on it now in fact! And one more new thing I'm excited about: my work is having a walking challenge beginning Sept. 29, and I'm going to join my office's team. That should be a great motivator to be sure I get my walking and running in!

So, Noname, you're up for a break soon. I hope it helps you with your health issues, as well as getting the weight moving along. You're right, though, your 10 lb loss since June is great, esp if it was relatively easy to do. That's why I love IF--it doesn't seem like that much "work". It is frustrating when the weight loss seems to be at a standstill, though. I hope you reach your Halloween goal! I love your new tracker! I'll have to find that one--I love the decimal too

Nayla--That is funny about you and alcohol. I have omitted my usual wine a couple nights per week for the past month or so, and I can't tell a darn bit of difference, not in weight, how I feel, nothing! I guess we're just all different! I finally got back to running after a two-week break from it. I had had an awesome run at the beach over the first weekend of my diet break, then slacked off due to travel and guests. So, my run this past weekend went well, now I just need to get out there again! Maybe tomorrow, since I'll be working from home with no kiddos! Ugh, I'm dreading TTOM this month. I think I'm going to look around for a different water-loss tea that isn't harmful to human livers! ha!

I wonder what Dottington is up to? Was she out of town still, or just busy with school? I hope all is well Dottington!!
Old 09-15-2014, 10:18 AM   #210  
Call me NNS!

lightenup I am so jealous of your treadmill desk! And bravo to you for fixing it yourself!!! I would absolutely count maintaining weight over the weekend as a success :P

I think my ticker is a bit of a lie right now, I haven't seen the 186s in weeks haha! But I refuse to move it up yet.

I got a message from Dottington last night, seems she's just very busy with school but she said that has made doing 5:2 easier, so hopefully that means she's still been able to lose weight! Woo!
Closed Thread