General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 08:28 PM   #316  
16/8

S/C/G: 153/151.8/133

Height: 5'6"

Hi there,

Nayla--I'm glad you're feeling better, too, and back on track running! It looks like you're doing awesome on the scale!

Noname--Camping sounds nice! We are going not this weekend but the next with my son's Cub Scout troop. I'll have to go light on the hot dogs, hamburgers, and cast iron cobblers!

Finallythin--That's a great loss, even if it's water!

Apo9--I agree, that is definitely intermittent fasting! Welcome!

I've been terrible at fasting the past few days--after we got back from our long trip we had to jump into get-ready-for-out-of-town-guests mode, and then had guests over the weekend (and went to the State Fair--can't pass up fried Reeses Peanut Butter Cups!). TTOM is here now, though, so I can't really say how terribly I've done. In any case, now I need to get back at it! I think I'll try a 600 calorie fast tomorrow, as it is a very busy day for me. We'll see how it goes!
Old 10-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #317  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Lightenup - Oh my goodness, fries Reeses sounds like something I couldn't walk away from either! I am sure it's tough to fast while you have guests, but you seem to get back into the swing of things easily. I hope your fast goes well today

I had probably around 600 calories yesterday, my first time upping my calories on fast days, but I figured it makes sense since I'm doing three fasts now. Eating normally today (plus going out to dinner with a friend! I must try to limit myself to one margarita...) and then I think I will have to do a back to back Wednesday and Thursday. Ugh.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:09 AM   #318  

S/C/G: 158.3/148.5/135

Height: 4'11"

Hey Ladies -

Noname - So glad that you had a successful camping trip! Hope your fast went well!

Lightenup - Its hard to get back in the groove of things when you have family around... Good luck on your fast today!

Fast was successful, although I went over the 500 calories. My body was just hungry after my run. I'm at 143.8, just a bit over my ticker but not changing it lol Today I struggled during my run Humidity was at 100% and although it was cool, I could barely breath! At least I got the 3 miles in. This weekend is my daughters birthday. The cake she went for I don't like, so at least I know I won't be having dessert, ha! Planning on making a chicken tacos "buffet" and some rice. The chicken will be nice and healthy (chicken breasts cooked in crockpot with spices). The following weekend we have my nephews Marine Corps Boot Camp graduation which should be fun! We're driving up to SoCarolina for it!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! I'm hungry... but waiting until noon to eat... 3 more hours... gah
Old 10-28-2014, 11:21 AM   #319  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Hi all!

nayla - how far do you run?
I ran 5 last week in the fasting stage and after 2 miles it was really tough. I don't think I would do it again. I will just need to train during the window so I don't feel nauseous the whole time. I feel lighter when I work out, but after a lot of hard activity i'm ready to be sick or pass out.

Conclusion - light to moderate exercise in fasting is fine; intense (for me at least) no so much.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:32 PM   #320  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Hi Lighten up,

Thanks for the welcome, I took a turn up today, due to going out to eat with friends....I hope that's just water weight.

Hi dcapulet, and nayla,,,,,great that you are both exercising. I may try that some day
Old 10-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #321  
Started 4th of July

Ok, now that sounds wonderful

Fried Reeses Peanut Butter Cups! I'll have to include that in my eating window.

Last edited by FinallyFree; 10-28-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:32 PM   #322  
Started 4th of July

Who could eat this?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/pet/4718774923.html
Old 10-28-2014, 04:22 PM   #323  

Hey DCapulet! I was going for four miles today but barely made the three I still finished within my mileage pace... still felt crappy though. I usually sweat a lot, but today was wayyy more! Taking tomorrow off, hydrating very well, eating some pasta tomorrow night (carb load) and hoping for the best on Thursday I would like to do four miles at least once this week. If I can't do it on Thursday then I will try Saturday...

FinallyThin - Welcome!!! Aww tiny little piggy!
Old 10-29-2014, 11:23 AM   #324  
16/8

Well I failed miserably at the 600-calorie fast yesterday, but at least trying made me fall within my general goal of 1400 calories or less. I did have a 1.5 lb loss still, probably just losing bloat from the fair, company, and PMS!

I'm sort of lost as to what direction to take with fasting now. I think I burned out on Fast 5 (5-6 hr eating window), and now it's harder to get through the hunger. I think stress is playing a role here, too. Anyway, any suggestions? I definitely want to keep trying!
Old 10-29-2014, 12:29 PM   #325  

Why don't you try 16:8, Lightenup? It gives you a longer window. Just skip breakfast, eat a nice lunch, maybe a snack in between then dinner. Then once you're used to it, combine it with a 5:2 or even 6:1 to start with. It's really worked great for me so far.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:20 AM   #326  
Call me NNS!

lightenup, I would second nayla! 16:8 plus 5:2 is a great combo.

This is my third week doing 4:3. The last two weeks I lost 2 pounds each. This week, though, it doesn't look like I will be losing anything, unless something magical happens between today and tomorrow. But I'm going to keep going with it for a while, since it is the only thing that work to get me past my plateau. It hasn't been too difficult, either. I just really want to get to the 50 pounds lost mark, and I'm so close, but still not there. Grr! It's just as frustrating as when I was trying to get below 200.

We are home this weekend, and if Saturday's weather isn't too gross, we should be going for a nice long hike. That should make it a bit easier to not go overboard with eating. But, we have two parties to go to Saturday night and the one will involve a ton of food. And there will be lots of booze. Must find my willpower!
Old 10-30-2014, 10:32 AM   #327  
16/8

Thanks Nayla and Noname! I think I will try that--attempting a fast day today, but we'll see. I'm sure I can easily do 16:8 during the other five days. Maybe adjusting to that will make the 600-cal fast days easier. I also had another lb loss over night, so at least the numbers are going down and that's helping my motivation.

How do you ladies deal with stress and not overeating? That just seems to send me for the snacks! And it's not like I have MAJOR stress, like an illness or death in the family, just the usual life stress--busy days, financial issues (still trying to sell our previous home, so paying 2 mortgages for the past 5 months), juggling kids' school, homework, activities, etc. There must be a way to deal with this without eating more, but it's just been difficult to fast ever since school started back up this fall. Oh well, I'll just have to get past it! The good news is at this point I'm only 3 lbs over my lowest, and hopefully back on a downward swing?

Noname--4 lbs in the past 2 weeks is awesome! You know more will come off if you keep at it. Yeah, we have a food and booze occasion this weekend as well, only it's with family, lol. Good luck with it, and we'll swap stories after this weekend! Your hike sounds lovely! I'm determined to get some much-needed housework done Saturday, but maybe we can manage to get out for a 1-2 mile hike at our nearby state park. Keep inspiring me!
Old 10-30-2014, 02:02 PM   #328  
Call me NNS!

Oh man, the hunger is REAL today. Second day of a back to back and third fast of the week. I don't think I will be making it to the gym tonight! Come on, dinnertime...

lightenup - Do you eat one big meal on your 600 calorie fast days or do you spread it out? For me, eating only an evening meal is probably the only thing that keeps me from not going over on my 500 calorie days. I also tend to go to bed earlier on those days... I'm not sure what else to tell you, but hopefully it's just a phase. The first couple weeks getting back into fasting after a break are tough and you really just have to go head first through the hunger and be really diligent, but after that it does get easier.

I'm not sure that hike will happen as it's supposed to rain (and I'm not driving 1.5 hours to hike in the rain), but maybe Sunday we can do something active elsewhere. After recovering from Saturday night's festivities of course lol
Old 10-30-2014, 04:31 PM   #329  
16/8

Thanks Noname! I've only attempted the 600 calorie day twice, and I was spreading it out because it's been more difficult for me to fast all day lately. Funny, I can do a 24-, 36-, or 48-hr fast fairly easily, but allowing myself to eat a little hasn't worked! I think it's psychological--I really just need to be in the right mindset, and I'm trying to get back there!

Well, so far today I've only had 100 calories (coffee and a chocolate square), and it's 4:30pm, so, so far so good. I am planning to make egg rolls and plenty of stir fried vegetables for dinner, and NO WINE!

I hope everyone else is having a good day!
Old 10-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #330  
16/8

You can do it, Noname! Only a few more hours!
Closed Thread