General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #436  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,
thanks for the nice feedback patty. Do you remember Tony the Tiger? Well I never liked breakfast at breakfast time. But I do love breakfast,,,many different types of it. Why not just eat it at dinner?

Lilian how are you doing?

Have a nice trip Nayla,,,,hug grandpa for me, don't if it would make grandma Jealous,,,LOL

Noname, what's your dieting plans for the holidays, are you gonna stick with the 4:3

Ratty05, I haven't experienced that non hunger at eating time yet. Still trying to find a good time frame for me. Yesterday I didn't make it for my second 12 hour fasting period. I think I'm gonna try the 16:8 window that seems to work for Nayla, then move it to 18:6 which would be closer to what I did back in the day (when I was Thin)
Old 12-13-2014, 08:17 PM   #437  
Started 4th of July

Quote:
Originally Posted by gertie214 View Post
hi all, I am new to this group after migrating over from the accu-weight (bead diet) board that was just shut down by the Admin. The accu-weight diet is very similar to IF, so I wanted to see if I should just do IF instead. After reading through the last 3 months of posts, I really cant tell if everyone is experiencing significant weight loss. Can a few people chime in to report what your average loss per month has been? Thanks!
Hi Gertie,,,

Well for me I'm just trying to get established......but already this is helping me to stop the grazing....
Old 12-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #438  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

Overindulged yesterday and stress eating/break eating today. I would like to fast tomorrow but I'll be happy if I just don't keep eating to take a break from my final paper.
Old 12-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #439  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinallyThin View Post
Hi All,
thanks for the nice feedback patty. Do you remember Tony the Tiger? Well I never liked breakfast at breakfast time. But I do love breakfast,,,many different types of it. Why not just eat it at dinner?
Yes, I do remember Tony the Tiger. I loved breakfast too and still do. But I didn't back then. I only at breakfast when we were traveling because we usually ate breakfast and had a small snack in the afternoon and stopped for a meal later in the day while on vacation. I also love breakfast for dinner too.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:00 PM   #440  
300+ Chick

Hi all....Good on seeing some chatters!!

Trish,,,,,great job on enjoying fasting and seeing your fbs going down,,keep it up!!

thin...glad on seeing you too and thanks..am good!!

jean...hang in there,,, you will get used to this..

gym...hi...am not new to the fasting world...back in the 90s, my 2nd diet was slim fast shake that I had lost 100 pounds...Now I never new fasting this way..its doable and to bad I did not knew this sooner..It takes time to click on the mindset...good luck..

I weighed in again....will weigh in twice a week..lost -4 total 44 pounds!! was busy today and ate 2 meals..not bad!!..also..checked my sugar..it was 105 from 130...this is helping!!!

Have a great fasting Sunday all....this works...keep it going!!
Old 12-14-2014, 09:15 AM   #441  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Liliann CONGRATULATIONS on 4 more lbs gone. 44 lbs gone is terrific. Are you doing this to get your blood sugar under control too? Great fbs reading. I am excited that this really works.

I like your idea of getting on the scales 2x a week. I'm bad about jumping on the scales everyday. I think I will work toward doing that. I need to stop it.

Do you exercise? I have been working at being more active, but I know when I did this before IF that the exercise helped. I read that it is better for diabetics to exercise after a meal so I made it a habit to do my recumbent bike after lunch 3 days a week. It made me feel so good. I'm the kind of person who has to make it a habit. Another one of those things for me to work at.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:09 AM   #442  
300+ Chick

Trish...thank you, I am pre diabetic and doing this to stay healthy. I do not do heavy exercise due of my sciatica pain...I just strechies and light housework. I used to be a daily weighed...and twice a week I am good. I hope this way of eating helps you too!

I am thinking in the new year on doing my smoothies. Along with this.my 82 year old mom will or might come home from rehab this week. I will be busy on caring for her and need simple on my part...I shall see.

Hoping all is well..check in later..
Old 12-14-2014, 10:14 AM   #443  
300+ Chick

Oh..I checked my sugar this morning and it read 107..am eating way to much starches..need to cut back or avoid.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #444  
300+ Chick

Lunch...I made banana, fresh cranberries,Apple smoothie! I ate no breakfast or snacking.... I am now becoming used to this.

Dinner.. I might have a smoothie or a meal...

Thinking of all of you!!! You can do this!! Be your own boss on food choices!!! Enjoy your day
Old 12-14-2014, 05:51 PM   #445  
300+ Chick

Dinner...banana,spinach,cranberries smoothie!
Old 12-14-2014, 07:26 PM   #446  
Started 4th of July

Oh Hello All,

Yes Lilian,,,,,,Chatter Matters! I get so encouraged to come here and read everyones experiences.

Trish, glad you know what works for diabetics on this woe concerning exercise. For a lot of folks without diabetes I've heard to exercise before you eat is best. For me, I'm not at the exercise point yet.

Today, I'm going to wait until I get hungry and then eat a lowcarb meal and go from there.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:13 PM   #447  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

Definitely not a fast today. Ate a ton but avoided snacking. And finished my paper. I'm done for the semester. Whohoo!
Old 12-15-2014, 09:53 AM   #448  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

gymrat - Personally, I don't like to make a habit of eating when I'm not hungry. That's how I got into this mess to begin with...eating three meals a day no matter what!

FinallyThin - My plan through December is to keep doing 4:3 as my schedule permits. Then come January, I'll take a 2 week maintenance break and then try going back to 5:2 to see how that goes. So far 4:3 has been working well this season!

Liliann - Wow I would have never thought to add fresh cranberry to a smoothie. Sounds delightful! Great job on your losses so far.

Mondays are usually a fast day or me, but today is our work Christmas luncheon. I made a smoothie for breakfast this morning and will probably have a small dinner, and then fast tomorrow as much as I can...I have a holiday reception after work! Ugh! And I have another holiday thing Friday night so no fast that day either. I'm not sure a 4:3 will fully happen this week but I'll try my best...
Old 12-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #449  
300+ Chick

Jean...Good that your paper project is done!! Now less stress on you.

Noname..Wow!You sure have holiday events...stay strong somehow..Good luck!

Thin..Good luck on low carb..Hoping you made it ok.

I was hungry this morning,so I had a sandwich..fast till dinner and will make a smoothie!!

Enjoy your day all..
Old 12-15-2014, 11:18 PM   #450  
Started 4th of July

Hi All,
I have a good buffet report. I didn't want to say no to the buffet because family wanted to go,,,,but here's the upside. I actually just wanted the catfish and coleslaw and veggie sides and ate till satisfied and skipped the desserts. Usually I would have ate sooooooo much more. No dessert either. My next plan is just to wait as long as I can before I eat again, to get back on plan. Lilian Low carbing really helped at the buffet. Granted the fish had a coating,,,but none of the other uncoated meat looked good to me. I feel fine and not to stuffed.

Noname, your plan does sound like a great holiday plan.
Closed Thread