General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 07:21 PM   #481  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi everyone. I think I just have to roll with this "One day at a time".

Lilliann Congratulations on the scale moving downward. I'm not doing a very low carb way of eating. I know I'm going to eat carbs so I have no intention of putting myself under the pressure of trying to eat an Atkins type of low carb because that just sets me up for failure.

I've been struggling with just staying within 8 hr window. I go to the beauty shop on Saturday mornings. I got up this morning and decided to eat breakfast at about 9:45 am because I was hungry. I was really nervous because I usually eat on a 11 to 7 window and I thought boy I'm going to be hungry if I stop eating at 5:45 pm. But I'm not. I ate my last meal and was finished before 5:30 pm and I was completely satisfied. So I think this is just a learning progress. I think I need to allow myself to slowly ease back into the 5 hr window. If I can continue to practice eating within the 8hr window throughout Christmas, I think I will be fine. I may not lose any weight right now, but it will ease the stress and then maybe sometime in January, I can start easing back into my 5 hr window.

Cathy You have figured out what works for you. I really believe that is what we have to do in order to be successful at losing weight and being healthy. I've spent years listening to doctors, nutritionists etc who told me what I could and could not do. It took me a lot of years to learn that they have no idea what is best for me. Thus, I'm coming back to the way I ate during the years when I was thin or thinner and I was always healthier. Sounds like that is what you are doing. Good for you.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:08 PM   #482  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

Patty I am with you on what you said. I've just decided to aim for the 5 hour window everyday and not consider it a failure if I don't make it. I may just plan something for backup so I don't go overboard when I not in the zone.

Liliann, wow your impressing me. I am not very low carb, just trying not to overdo the carbs. I like them too. There are some really healthy carbs out there.

Cathydoe,,,,when do you eat your one meal. Sounds like you made it through the hard part and now enjoying your new woe. I have thought of aiming for one meal a day and then maybe I will make the 5 hour window sooner....

Last edited by FinallyFree; 12-20-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:10 PM   #483  
Started 4th of July

Here's a really inspirational article. You all may have seen it already on Yahoo news,,,but in case you missed it, here it is

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amy-mo...usaolp00000592
Old 12-20-2014, 10:18 PM   #484  
300+ Chick

Trish ....There is no rules on this..that is why I choose this method, it's simple and we control on when it's good feeding. Hang in there.

Thin..Thank you for the link..Good tips to go on.

I have a goal aiming on Christmas day to be at 330 Pounds , so I can use a digital scale.. just a few more to seek it.

I did bad at dinner...so am going to fast strong and have 1 meal on Sunday!!

Let us stay strong...
Old 12-21-2014, 10:23 AM   #485  
300+ Chick

This holiday week will be tough...and I will do my best. I managed so good so far and I will not going to gain. Am feeling UN well at the moment and trying to stay focus!!

Morning ate a small brownies,2.'I will stay focus!!!! Will be drinking plenty of water!!!

Hoping all is well..Enjoy your day all...
Old 12-21-2014, 11:11 AM   #486  
300+ Chick

Just wanted to say I gained most of my weight.....Tom...ugh!!! I feel lousy...Will take a break..this week.

Enjoy your holidays!!!
Old 12-21-2014, 01:58 PM   #487  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Yesterday was a very hard day. A lot was going on and I wanted to eat! As I am sitting here writing maybe I really need to focus on the positive vs. the negative. My mind is going every which way...I'll try to come back later and write more. I hope everyone has a blessed day!
Old 12-21-2014, 04:52 PM   #488  
300+ Chick

Cathy... hoping things will get better. Hang in there!!

I will continue fasting , am glad am still under 400...so taking it day by day. Once Tom is gone my weight loss will be okay. Must learn of no guilt and move on!!

Have a great day all...
Old 12-21-2014, 05:40 PM   #489  
Started 4th of July

Hi all,
checking in.

Liliann and Cathydoe, maybe a special Holiday Plan is in order. I know NoName and I are just trying to make it through this without a gain. That's good enough for the holidays sometimes. Plus enjoy being with your peeps.

I am still trying to fast as long as I can and eat healthy in the window I'm aiming for. We will survive these holidays.....with Joy!

We are having prime rib for our Christmas dinner.....My son will cook it, as he is a Great Chef!
Old 12-22-2014, 09:12 AM   #490  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Hi all! Today and tomorrow are fast days for me, gotta get them in before the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day celebrations begin. This weekend my boyfriend and I will be going camping, so that should help keep us away from too many over-indulgences, but I also like to eat lots while camping (Especially when it is cold haha)! Then I've got a couple days off before our New Year's Eve travels. It will be tough to stick with fasting when I'm so out of routine, but I will try to fit a few more days in there before the end of the year.

I don't think I'll quite reach my year-end goal but like FinallyThin mentioned, I would be happy to maintain at this point! Last year I gained over the holidays so I am very proud of myself. I hope you all are able to stick with whatever your plans are for the next week. And please be sure to check in at the beginning of the year so we can kick off a healthy 2015 together!
Old 12-22-2014, 01:31 PM   #491  

S/C/G: 158.3/148.5/135

Height: 4'11"

Hey Everyone,

Sorry I haven't been able to check-in. It was a quite interesting week last week. I'm back home and ready to get back into routine. I'm doing a 16:8 today and a fast tomorrow. I wasn't able to go on my run today because I'm not feeling all that well and weather was crappy. Last week I was only able to get two runs in :/

My food choices weren't "great" last week but I pretty much stuck to 16:8 all week, so that's good. I'm sitting at 145 as of this morning so I'm certainly up a few lbs. Need to get lots of water in today. I wasn't all that good at that last week either... Anyway... back at it!

Have a great day!
Old 12-22-2014, 06:11 PM   #492  
300+ Chick

Nayla... You are doing great!!! Keep it up !!

noname,,,Maintaining during the holidays is a victory!! you are holding up very well!!

Thin... Good luck on maintaing ..sounds good with your holiday meal..enjoy!!

Well, my fast for monday was a flop!!..but not giving up on this ...also am being patient on the scale..no more daily weigh ins,,just a weekly...I Will fast now,,drinking my water!!

Holidays with me is quiet..Christmas eve...we order a fish from a Spanish food place...Enjoy and stay positive!!
Old 12-22-2014, 07:08 PM   #493  
Started 4th of July

Hi Everyone,

Nayla, sounds like your doing overall great to me. and Noname too. A Miracle is losing! If we gain a little that's not to bad either.

Yesterday I actually did a 5 1/2 hour window. Not really low carb, low fat or low calorie,,,,but I did get almost in the 5 hour window.

Hi Carol,
hope your feeling better. I am attempting a 24 hour fast today with only one big meal with all my calories in it before bed. I'll tell you if I make it tomorrow.....Hey, I don't know what's going on with you, but if it's the holiday stresses from family I understand. I had a boatload of it last year, and am thankful it's not as bad this year,,,,,but lingering over the horizon is that holiday meal with the same folks. I'm just hoping for Christmas Eve Peace for the evening. I hope that for all of us....
Old 12-23-2014, 10:16 AM   #494  
300+ Chick

[COLOR="Red
Thin..great job!! You are doing good!!

Everyone have a Merry Christmas!!! [/COLOR]
Old 12-23-2014, 10:35 AM   #495  
300+ Chick

I am still fasting...not eating breakfast and drinking water!! Am back on track!!

Enjoy your day all.
Closed Thread