General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 11:06 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Doing our own thing - June 2003

Hey ladies - and anyone else who wants to hop in.

This is a continuation of the thread more recently titled "boot camp" to try to get us motivated and then "booty camp" when the collective sense of humor took over. I'm going back to the old name for no better reason than to call a few old posters out of the woodwork.

Each of us is on a different plan but we're here to give each other support, advice, and have a good time while we're at it. Anyone is welcome to join in.

I've filled the punch bowl with calorie-free virtual margaritas to kick off the summer, so let's get this party started.

(thanks for letting me make the thread this time, it was fun!)

~Cafe

Last edited by Cafe976; 06-03-2003 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:26 AM   #2  

Thanks Cafe for starting us out on a new thread for June. Haven't been posting much lately, frankly there's not much going on for me right now. Work is still very busy and I haven't heard anything from the other job, but then she said it would be the last part of this week anyway. Still going back and forth on the pros and cons of the position, and can say honestly I don't know if I would accept it or not if it were offered. Sometimes I hate this place and am feeling that way at the moment, but then it's familar and I feel secure in my position here. My youngest son's girlfriends mother has found out that she has lung cancer and it can not be operated on (starts treatments Monday). The mother lives in FL and DS's GF has some issues with her mother and I've been trying to help her work thru some of her feelings. OMG, life can sure dish out some messes, but at least on the diet front, I'm doing okay and have mananged to get and stay below 170. My next mini goal is to get in the 150's by July 1st.

Well you guys have a great day, chat soon.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:28 AM   #3  
DNW

Thumbs up I Ate Too Much Junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All:

We had a lovely weekend even though it didn't stop raining until we were on the way home yesterday. I was not thrilled with the bed and breakfast for a number of reasons and I will leave it at that. Expensive is not better!! Should have stayed at a Marriott or something. I confess I ate like a little old and my stomach is now craving fruits and veggies, badly. They had some full length mirrors in our room and I got to examine the old body from several angles and I was not happy with what was looking back at me so once again I vow to try, try again.

Plus after eating all the junk food I wanted....it wasn't such great food...I guess I am too used to eating healthier foods so it didn't really taste as wonderful as I thought. Oh well as BB King says, "The Thrill Is Gone".

Cafe: thanks for the new thread...

Got to start walking again in the morning, drinking water and walk away from crap food!!

Take care all!

Last edited by DNW; 06-03-2003 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:01 PM   #4  

Hi All!
Thanks for the new party hang-out Cafe.

SEMO, what is your final goal? 20 pounds doesnt sound like a mini goal! I'm 5'10", so 150'S would be ideal for me.

That's 49 pounds I need to loose to get there. Forty-Nine.
49 divided by 2. 25 weeks. 6 months. I'm going to set a mini goal of 10lbs by 4th of July. I am so unhappy at this weight. It can't go on!
The last time I lost 15lbs...and now regained....it's all landed in my stomach area...instead of distributed evenly all over my body like before. It's not a pretty sight.
IT'S TIME TO KICK *BLEEP* AND GET SERIOUS!
Old 06-03-2003, 01:14 PM   #5  

Tig, I mean get into the 150's as in 159.99! Ha... 150 is my final goal, I'm 5'6". I'm 169 now so that's 9.1 pounds for the month. Well, maybe that is too much to expect to lose 2.25 pounds for four weeks straight. Perhaps I should revise...........

Last edited by SEMO; 06-03-2003 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:56 PM   #6  

Semo, ahhh, I see. I thought you meant 150. 150's...ok. You can do that. I give my permission.
Old 06-03-2003, 02:31 PM   #7  
Long Lost Chickie

Oh guys I'm so glad to see you here! I NNNNNNEEEEEEEEEDDDDDD you!! I'm scared and bordering on the brink of terror ....

Saw the doctor yesterday morning. Long story short - I have to have a hysterectomy! Oh SH*T!! Actually I'm OK until I start to think about it all. And I can't have the vaginal or laprascopy one - have to have the full fledged slice me down the middle one. It's because of my past cancer and he wants to be able to "go in and check everything out" and ....

Oooh just the thought of it is making me woozy..... I made the big mistake (??) of going to the internet and researching a little. It talks about recovery time and pain and side effects and .... Yuck.

OK, good news. I have a little time. He can't get it into his surgical schedule until beginning of July (tentatively the 8th) and doesn't see any reason to rush it. Other good news. I don't have to be at work for 3-4 weeks at least. I guess I have the entire month of July off, pretty much. Oh darn, boss. Oh how I'll miss you....

NOT.

I'm trying to look beyond the surgery and the hospital and the pain and other gross stuff and keep telling myself I'll feel so much better when it's over, etc. I'm picturing myself hanging out on the backyard swing, listening to the radio and reading fashion magazines while the rest of the world is at work. I'm trying to look at this as a new start and when I'm feeling really good (for the first time in years!!) I'll be able to get in the exercise and feel the power to stay on program and all that other good stuff.

But meanwhile .... I Want My Mommmmmmmy!!!!!!

Whew. Do you guys know that I actually feel better having just written all this!?!?! What magic you guys have!
Old 06-03-2003, 03:50 PM   #8  

Jello, ((((hugs)))) You picked a heck of a way to get out of work, girl! My niece had the same thing a few months ago (38 years old) and said that, had she only known how much better she felt, that she would have had it done much sooner. Yes, you'll feel pretty rotten for a few days but then it's all better each day after that. Her's was the full surgery too. You hang in there and we love ya!
Old 06-03-2003, 07:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Hey!

I like-a the new thread. I like-a it a lot!

Jello - Lots and lots of Take care sweetie and try not to stress too much.

Things are much better around here lately. A little quieter with my son & daughter gone for the summer. It's kinda nice not having so many demands made of my time. I'm watching what I eat much more carefully lately. Got a bunch of lean cuisines on sale and some fruit so I'm set. With this heat I'm drinking lots of water and have been swimming a little. I can't deal with walking right now though. I found out today that my tryglicerides have dropped over 100 points, that made me feel pretty good too.

DNW - Sorry your trip wasn't everthing you'd hoped it would be.

Sorry I'm not so talkative lately, I kinda feel like Semo. There's not really anything exciting going on just regular stuff. I'm kinda boring.

LJ
Old 06-04-2003, 10:20 AM   #10  

Hey Girls!
It's grocery day today. I have to take my kids, so hard telling what I will come home with. Something about being in the store with 11 and 6 year old boys that makes my brain go whacky.

Jello, Sounds like you are looking at the positives. July off work, feeling better and...good bye Aunt Flo!

Old 06-04-2003, 11:46 AM   #11  
Long Lost Chickie

OMG!!!! Tiger! I'd forgotten all about that!!!!! What a dope I am! No more visits from Aunt Flo!!! Oh how I'll miss that old broad.

Thanks for the support you guys. I'm feeling a little better about this each day. Now I'm putting my mind to getting my ducks in a row, so to speak.

(Sorry! No "duck" smilies. LOL)

Anyway, I'm trying to get things organized at work, trying to line up people to fill in for the different things I do. (Geez, I work hard! ) Trying to put things where the folks that need to find them can find them, etc. I work for a very small company and word travels fast around here. Half of the people here already know, it seems. I can't say as I like that idea much but it's that way with everything around here.

Now on to other stuff...

Cafe, good job of getting us "caught up" with the new thread! I like that we've gone back to our original name. (Although a little "booty" is never a bad thing. ) P.S. Good margaritas!

Huntress, it should be easier to eat right with the kids gone for a while, eh? Not as many mouths to please. Yeah, right. Look who's talking. I have no kids. What's my excuse?

Semo, yeah some people will do anything to get a little vacation time, eh. LOL. I was talking to the benefits lady about short term disability and she told me that I can't do any work from home if I want to qualify. Hey, OK. No problem! BTW, keep us posted on your job situation.

DNW, sorry about the weather during your trip. Yeah, sometimes the smaller, less expensive places are better, aren't they? Interesting that you didn't find the bad-for-you food quite as tasty as you used to though. I've found that sometimes myself.

Gotta run. Stuff to do. Later!
Old 06-04-2003, 03:05 PM   #12  

Hey ladies!

Glad to hear that you like our new funhouse - speaking of which:

Umm Huntress? That tray with white stuff - that's salt for dipping your margarita glasses in. Yeah, so there's really no need for you to lick the rim of the punch bowl. That's right.

Jello! I'm so sorry that you have to have surgery. But it does sound like you're going at it with the right attitude! I like the porch swing idea. :

Speaking of Aunt Flo - a friend of mine who is going through menopause and had her period for the first time in a year. She was so surprised - she said, "I felt lousy for 3 days! I forgot how it was - it's strange to think I dealt with that every month." So think about it - once more and you're done! I think you'll be feeling better when you throw away your boxes of tampons.

Huntress - sorry for the teasing. In all seriousness I'm just THRILLED for you re: triglicerides -100!!! That is so awesome! You must be fired up with motivation, hearing that.

Tiger - G R O A N - I'm with you - the time to get serious has arrived.

DNW - Maybe I need to add "full length mirror" to my shopping list. :hmm:

SEMO, I guess I'm feeling like you and Huntress, lots going on but nothing interesting to talk about? Congrats on your overall progress thus far - you are right to remind yourself of the bigger picture.

All right - I have to confess that I went out with friends and allowed myself to be suckered into a lunch that was far too large. [whine] WHY didn't I just order a salad??? [/whine]

Disgusted ~ Cafe
Old 06-04-2003, 03:10 PM   #13  
DNW

Talking Hi There!!

Wow it's still raining and I am turning into a pile of mildew....Y-e-e-c-c-h-h-!!!

Jello: Start taking alot of Vit. C now and until you get the hysterectomy. It will help you to heal faster. Have you also thought about getting a 2nd opinion before you do this though? Also can he save at least one of your ovaries so that you don't go into instant menopause?? Because if he takes out both the ovaries there goes all your estrogen.

I wish you the best and I know with your previous history you can't take any chances but you do have a right to ask a lot of questions and get another opinion if you want it. Good Luck!!

Tiger: 6 and 11 year boys...h-m-m-m that would be a hard one for me, to not want to get the little guys anything they wanted at the grocery store.

Semo: It sounds to me as though you have already made your decision...you don't want to go to that place where bosses are not nice enough to reprimand staff in private...do you? Whatever decsion you make go with your heart and your gut...I am jealous of your weight loss but in a good way becasue you worked so hard and I am very motivated to be where you are so I am going to be going out to buy another exercise tape since I believe it will never stop raining out here anytime soon.

Cafe: It's true the old name sounds great and it feels comfy like when I first started posting here last September!! Now where is that Tiffany?

Huntress: Where are your kids going for the summer? Anyplace interesting? You will be a bachelorette for a few months how lucky is that?

Well I am back on plan and Bob believes I need to have more integrity with regard to my food so now the DH wants to be part of the weight loss process...ah well I need all the help I can get.

Smoochies to all

Last edited by DNW; 06-04-2003 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:02 AM   #14  
I'm back again

Hi all,

Jello: You are such a feisty chick that you'll be be-boppin' around town in no time! Sorry to hear you can't have the belly button/bandaid kind but a little extra vitamin C and lots of good protein packed foods and you will heal in no time, girl! Sounds like you are getting them in order at work....amazing how many jobs you have and things that only you know, huh? Sounds as if you will be sorely missed during your recovery.....

Tiger: Just wait till your teenagers go shopping with you and you don't realize you have extra purchases in the cart until you get to checkout! The goofy smiles melt you and you end up buying it all anyway!

DNW: Sorry about the soggy trip! Sounds as if DH will be a good motivator!

Cafe: Thanks for the cool drink! A 0 calorie margarita sounds nice....

Huntress: hey, girl, you have quiet? I could use a bit of that and swimming weather here, too.

SEMO: everything seems to happen for a reason and I'm sure the job that's for you will eventually be clear....you're a smart woman. I just hope the one that loses you realizes just WHAT they lost!

Was supposed to be in bed long ago but had to say hi to the buds...take care all and I'll try to get back before the weekend.

"Bright"
Old 06-05-2003, 08:37 AM   #15  
Long Lost Chickie

OK, so last night I had a dream that I had the surgery, was out for a month and, when I came back to work, they'd found out they don't need me anymore. Oh great. Just one more psychoses to deal with!

Just to add to all that, I've got a cold. Mostly a sore throat and "hacking" cough. Well, I guess it's better now than a month from now, eh? Meanwhile, I'm throwing vitamin C at it so now I have two reasons for the vitamin C, eh DNW?

Went to Curves last night. Afterward, Rich picked me up in the pouring rain and we were headed home but decided to make a quick stop at the VFW. Ran into another couple we hadn't seen in a while. She just had a laser cone biopsy last Friday, something I've had a few of in my time, so we compared notes while the boys talked computers and power tools and whatever else boys talk about while we gals are discussing important issues. She's also very "artsy" and gave me some ideas on what to do with my very pink room at home - sponging and glaze, etc.

Oh speaking of Curves! Forgot to tell you I got weighed and measured last Friday. Weight was ... UP 2 pounds. But the girl kept talking about muscle weighing more than fat, etc. and I kept saying (trying to convince myself ) that the number on the scale wasn't as important to me as measurements and how I look and how my clothes fit, etc. And lo and behold, I'd lost inches on every single part of this old bod'! Forget the actual numbers but it made me feel a whole lot better. Still loving the Curves classes!

I have to run now. Boss just called in from his cell phone. Goes through a whole list of things he wants me to do and then ends the call with "I'll be there in about 10 minutes". Like it couldn't wait. Well, guess I'd better get started...

P.S. Hey DNW, our weather guy says we might actually see the sun this afternoon. I'll believe it when I see it, how 'bout you?
Closed Thread