General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 09:07 AM   #61  

Tiger: oooh, gross, I keep thinking about splattered frog on the front of the machine! You are probably much better with the mower than I was the video game. It made me NERVOUS! Hope you have better luck with the mower than the golf cart!
I watched this movie about a single father over the weekend where he strapped the baby in his carseat to the back of the golfcart between the bags! And...OOOOPPPS I thought I saw 11 and 16 not 11 and 6 so I guess he is not exactly ready to put in the old financial aid papers yet!

Hope everyone has a beautiful Tuesday. I am hoping AGAIN today that the rain holds off until I can get my workout in. It has become a race everyday! We are getting so much rain here again and we surely don't need it. We are at over 30 inches for the year already. Combine that with temps in the upper 80's and humidity is over the top. You can hardly breath going outdoors!

To Cafe, Jello, DNW thanks for the welcome.

I am having to invest in a new hairstylist as mine flew the coop somewhere (they of course won't tell me what is wrong or anything). I have really fine (adjective as in thin not spectacular ) hair and it is blond and very hard to cut without looking chopped up. I wear it really short so that is part of the difficulty too. I have to pay big bucks for a just a haircut and had gone through about 6 people when I found this guy. I now am back at square one, with an appt at a new salon with a woman named SHIRLEY! No one under 45 is named Shirley anymore and living in the south I sure hope I don't get some Dolly Parton doo as I wear my hair more on the rock n roll side so to speak! I am taking a picture of how I want it cut so I hope it comes out ok. I prefer men to cut my hair, but the guy that answered the phone couldn't do it darn it! We shall see. Keep tuned in to "As the hair is chopped.." and see how the soap opera unfolds!

Everyone have a Day!

Faye
Old 06-17-2003, 09:55 AM   #62  
Long Lost Chickie

Ribbit.

(Hushed giggling..... No, I have no idea why I find this silly....)

I'm in rare form today. Don't know why but I certainly don't want to spend my "giddy" day sitting in the office. There are only 2 of us on the phones today and the other girl was telling me that her niece is in town and she wants to go to lunch with her so she may be gone longer than usual. So I've decided that for every minute she gets back late, I get to go home a minute early. Oh the games we play when the boss isn't in.

Last night, I went to Curves. Afterward, I walked out the door to take my 3/4 mile walk home. There, sitting at the traffic light directly in front of the Curves place was MY CAR!!! (You'd recognize it anywhere - big Tweety wheel cover on the back!) Rich was on his way home and the light had just changed and so here's Jello running along the sidewalk waving her arms and shouting to him..... He didn't see me. EVERYONE else in EVERY other car did though!

So I walked home. Probably for the best - any exercise I can get, eh?

Tiger, I guess the Curves low-carb is probably pretty much like Atkins or any other low-carb program. It's OK I guess. They say that if you follow it long enough, you stop craving carbs. So far - NOT. But it's only been a day. Actually, dinner last night was a grilled lemon pepper chicken breast and this spinach-mushroom "stir fry" kind of thing that the Curves book had a recipe for. It was DELICIOUS!!! I ate dinner at around 6:30 but by the time I went to bed around 10, I was starving!!!! But I went to bed anyway instead of rummaging through the fridge.

And know what? I didn't die! Like, wow.

Faye, my old hairdresser went on vacation a few years ago ... and didn't come back. She had owned the salon with her husband and had filed for divorce and left town. So much for my perm appointment. Fortunately, she eventually opened her own salon in the next town, fixed the place up, hired some hairdressers and has been doing very well ever since. My hair is ever so thankful too.

Tiger, ribbit.

Giggle giggle giggle.....

Oh God's gonna get me for this, isn't he?

I need a walk....
Old 06-17-2003, 09:58 AM   #63  

Gosh, I miss a day and everyone's chatting!! I had a helper yesterday so I thought it not best to be on the internet while he's doing my work. You know, don't want to act as if I don't need help. I do feel better just getting some of this stuff done.

A big welcome Faye, great to have you join us. I'm also doing the change of life thingy. BTW it's not hot flashes, it's POWER SURGES! I am taking HRT, went off them not long ago and decided if I wanted to keep my husband and job, I'd better go right back on them.

Tig, hope your soreness has gone, and what a VISUAL, Tig trying to make it across the yard with a LOAD OF TOADS bouncing across. Sorry!

Jello, your room sounds great. I however did nothing all weekend, a bad case of the lazies . DH and I went car/truck shopping Saturday. He drives a 4X4, (gas hog) 80 mile round trip to work. The gas expense is unreal, so he's looking for something to get better mileage.

Cafe, I'm still in the top three for the job. Geez, you would think that after this long they could decide something. You still thinking about a switch?

DNW, Girl, you're just going to have to make more time for us. DH and I had our 33rd anniversary on May 31st. Can't believe it's been that long. We didn't do anything special, just dinner out.

Huntress, where are you, kids gone and you aren't lonley enough yet to be posting here every night. ~ Good for you! Hope your having fun.

Bright, We've been missing the rains this week, hope you have been dodging 'em too.

Quilter, come on out and play with us. It's too hot to be quilting.

Dyan, Tif, guess you all have DUMPED us again. We would really like to hear from you. Sorry If I missed anyone, get you next time.

Later Taters!
Old 06-17-2003, 10:12 AM   #64  

So - Frog legs for dinner at Tiger's house!!

DNW - sorry to hear about your "work gremlins" Hope you can come out and play soon.

Jello - WAY to GO on the low carbing! You can do this, I know it. :

Faye - you crack me up. Hope everything goes well with the hair.

Tig - Happy 13th!

I'm rushing a little this morning, but I'm not sure why? Maybe it's the looming clouds that are telling me to hurry up. Anyways - I guess I'd better start shifting some of this work around.

Hey all the rest of you out there! Drop in and say hi?

Edited to add a shout out to SEMO! Still in the top 3, eh? It's amazing how long they DO take to decide sometimes. I got a note 2 months later on an interview once - I had moved on LONG before then. Ha. Happy 33!

Last edited by Cafe976; 06-17-2003 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:19 AM   #65  

LAUGH OF THE DAY AT FAYE'S EXPENSE, BUT A-OK WITH ME IF YOU LAUGH! Let me preface it by saying I am one of those women who are NOT embarrassed at wearing swimsuits or shorts as long as they fit and are tasteful. I have a friend that weighs 300 lbs and wears bikini swimsuits to the beach. I will not subject someone to my blubber hanging out nor be idiotic enough to go out in a bikini at that size expecting no one to talk about me behind my back! I have 3 swimsuits, an old one , sort of old, and almost new. The middle suit is my biggest one and I rarely wear it as I really like the new one from Chadwicks because it gives me a lift for one thing; it is smaller and bright yellow! Sooo...I used the middle suit this morning and I am not sure why maybe because it was the first one I pulled out, anyway I went to the pool to do my workout and I was bebopping along doing jumping jacks and running in place and twists and....my boobs fell out of the cups in the suit and were dangling down around my belly (inside the suit of course, but still obvious)! The suit is really too big (Yahooo) but like a numbskull I wore it anyway. I couldn't keep my knockers in those cups for anything so thought what the heck and just let them bounce right along with the rest of me!

Tiger: We are all truly sorry that we Kermitted such faux pas by teasing you about your froggy problem! BUT, thanks for the laughs anyway!

Faye
Old 06-17-2003, 11:27 AM   #66  
Long Lost Chickie

Faye! Loved the story. But man, didn't that hurt!?!?

Time out .... ooh, all that laughing made me cough. Now I've got a frog in my throat......

Ahem....
Old 06-17-2003, 12:05 PM   #67  

Jello: Only hurt me when I got poked in the eyes!
Old 06-17-2003, 04:22 PM   #68  
Long Lost Chickie

Sittin' here waiting for a return call. Important so I can't leave my desk even though I have other things to do. Ho hum.....

Just finished a protein shake recommended by the Curves lo-carb thing. Pretty tasty! 35g protein, 3g carbs. Of course it's also 160 calories but only 1g of fat. Can't help reading those details, I've been doing it so long. This plan is OK I guess but I find myself thinking about the next meal already.

Then again, that's nothing new.

Come on phone! Ring already!

Yep just sittin' here ... on my lily pad ... like a .....

Oh never mind.
Old 06-17-2003, 05:03 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Hey Everybody!

I'm still around just haven't felt like posting lately. Been doing the "lurking" thing lately. Besides, I still haven't gotten around to getting my computer fixed and getting on my son's is nearly impossible and when I do manage it's early in the A.M. and it's dark in there.

SEMO - I'm not entirely kidless this summer. Youngest still home but the other 2 are gone so it's practically kidless.

Welcome Faye!

Anyways, I'll catch up with you all at some point. I kinda feel guilty about not coming around so much. Must be a summertime thingy.

Lots of love,

LJ
Old 06-18-2003, 07:58 AM   #70  

Hi, LJ! My dh and I were just in your home turf over the holiday. We went to the Astros/Cubs game on Sunday. We had a lovely time and I spent gobs of money at the Galleria! Found this gorgeous sweater at Saks (never been in a Saks before) and dh loved it and was going to buy it in the largest reg size they had to keep for a special gift when I got down to that size, but....it cost $390 so we passed. We stayed out off of Sam Houston Parkway and Westheimer Road at the Fairfield Inn out there. We weren't sure how convenient it would be to find stuff, but it worked out really great! We had a couple mishaps, we went to see a movie on Sat afternoon and the theater's AC quit working so we had to get our money back and didn't see the movie and on Sunday evening after the game dh wanted to take me to Papasitos since I had never been over by I-10 and there is some mall there and we sat down and got chips and drinks and the power went out so no dinner. We ended up at I think Outback and that was no fun because we have one here. The first night in town we ate at Fox and Hound and that was fun because they had the game on. We live about 10 hours northeast from Houston. I had never been to Louisiana either and that was kind of neat.

Well, another cloudy day with thunderstorms here. I sound like a broken record, don't I? I guess we have one more day of it and then sun!

I will be back later this morning and check and see if you all have posted anymore. (I may be a yankee, but I have to use that southern talk once in a while to fit in down here! )

Faye
Old 06-18-2003, 09:06 AM   #71  
Long Lost Chickie

Happy Hump Day. Another beautiful (yeah right) day here in southeastern PA. Was pouring teeming rain this on the drive in this morning and now it's cold and gray. Jello decided to wear a slightly heavier, long sleeve button down shirt. Was running a little late so decided to just button a couple buttons and finish the rest in the car on the way.

Darn. Wish I'd remembered to do that before walking into work ....

Decided to start cleaning, straightening and "preparing for paint" the master bedroom last night. One thing I decided was to move my big ol' treadmill out of there and into my li'l pink room. More room in the bedroom but so much for my pretty li'l pink room. Starting to get a little crowded in there. Ah well, the things we do for our fabulous bodies.

Hi Huntress! Glad to see you here. Pop in every now and then even if you don't have anything to say just so we know you're still out there lurking, 'k?

Gotta run. Company prez. is driving me nuts!!! Things like he wants to fly from PA to Arizona and wants to return the next day but wants to get back into Philadelphia by 10PM our time but doesn't want to leave Tucson before 5PM their time. Sure, I can defy the laws of physics.

No problem.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:29 AM   #72  

Default Hi Girls!

Lurky Huntress, happy to see you haven't fallen off the net. While your kids are gone, do you still listen for them to come in at night. I do that all the time.......

Faye, where is it that you live, just general area. My dad was from Mississippi, so I consider myself a Southerner! Going to a family reunion in MS the 5th of July. Love to hear all of Dad's people talk.

Jello, ring, ring, oh you weren't waiting for a call from me, dang you said important. Hope you can get away from your, dare I say, lilly pad soon! Sorry Tig! I've doing a sort of low carb diet, found lots of info on lowcarbrfriends.com good recipes too.

Cafe, You're probably posting right about now! So Hey! You're not saying too much about your job, things getting better?

DNW, Saw your post on the exercise challenge, guess I'm gonna have to get my sorry butt to work and join you.

Tig, what are you and your little guys doing today? Summers with your sons keep you runing, I'm sure.

Bright, where are you?

Gotta run, you all have a great day.

Last edited by SEMO; 06-18-2003 at 09:33 AM.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:50 AM   #73  

Hi. It sure has taken a long time to get to hump day this week.

The frogs weren't as bad yesterday. They must have heard Jello laughing and headed for the swamp land. I tell ya, we've got some freaky looking ones. Stripes, dots and such. One morning, there was one suctioned to my storm door. Yesterday, it was snakes. Talk about heebies. *shudder* DS wanted to bash them with a shovel. I couldn't allow that. DH will have to do it.

Jello, I want to hear daily reports on the low-carb. Inspire me.

I pulled out my food journal again. I journal for 3/4 days, then quit. (weekend kills it) Try, try again. One of these times it has to stick.
I'm off to order a new swimsuit. My last one covers too much upper chest area. I just figured out I look better with a more open neckline since that's one area that isn't pudgy.

Hey Huntress! Glad you pop'd in.

You all come back now, ya hear?
Old 06-18-2003, 09:51 AM   #74  

Hump day! Wahoo!

I had a sort-of diffiult evening last night. Feeling a little tired & crabby. Settled down with a book, which was just the ticket. DH seemed to understand. And then there was a thunderstorm last night. So maybe it was the tension before the storm.

Still, I'm not complaining! It's beautiful here today. Sorry, to all those that have rain.

It's summer! I was majorly craving sweets after supper last night so I made a big pitcher of Crystal Lite. <<red raspberry>> Man, that stuff is the BOMB! No dessert, no problem. Sipping a glassful with ice got me past it.

Faye, hope those 2 black eyes clear up quickly.

Huntress - Getting a little TOO used to your new independance, maybe?

Jello - Maximum exposure! This thread is like "girls gone wild" between you and Faye. You ladies crack me up.

Edited to add:

SEMO, how right you were! I was typing while you posted. The job is fine. I had looked into a possible change early in the year, but that didn't pan out and they switched up my duties a little bit in my present job - more project work, somewhat less phone & general admin stuff - and the team of people I work with, I have no complaints about them. So it's all good right now.

Tiger - Freaky frogs and slithering snakes - Oh my!! WTG unearthing the food journal. I have such a hard time with record-keeping tasks like that, so I know what you mean. Try, try again!

Last edited by Cafe976; 06-18-2003 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:36 AM   #75  

I did it. Ordered a new swimsuit. Separate pieces. That works best since I'm tall. Skirted bottom, flatters and conceals and a Lingerie strap style top that's a little longer to make sure tummy stays covered and one of those sarong wraps. BUT, here's the kicker...size 16. That's borderline small. Hello motivation.
Closed Thread