General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 09:45 AM   #16  

Good morning, gals!

I'm very tired this a.m. after an extended scrabble-fest last night. Don't know how I'm going to make it.

You with me, Bright?

DNW - hope you dry out soon! Looks like we'll be in the same boat over the weekend with rain - not one day on the extended forecast didn't have SOME percentage of chance of rain.

Jello - Congrats on the inches lost! Don't pay attn. to the lb's that can change so quick for females as you well know. Believe me, no matter how you parcel out your work they will still need you. In our department, people seem to pass the baton for maternity leave and things, but once the person has been out for a week the baton hits the ground on 80% of the stuff. It just waits until they come back. Don't know if that makes you feel better or not.... but it's true.

Last edited by Cafe976; 06-05-2003 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:01 AM   #17  

Hi Girls. Got my lazy butt back on the exercise machine last night. I really don't mind it once I get started, it's just the getting started that's the hard part.

Check out this site if you get a chance.

www.commuteraerobics.com/

Boss stopped a while ago to pick something up off the printer and tried to read Jello's post, guess all the cute smilies caught his attention. I just politely reduced the window......

Haven't heard anything about the other job, I go from one firm decision to the next. Maybe they won't call, then it would be easier.

Jello, On the inches lost! Will Curves put your membership on hold while you are out for medical leave? Oh and don't worry about your job, they will be kissing your feet when you get back, (right after they dump all your work back on your desk.)

Well back to work, chat later.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:03 PM   #18  
caffeine free!

Hello,
I do not normally post herre and just kinda browse, but...

Jello - I had a radical hysterectomy just over two years ago (cervical cancer that they were worried had spread so they took out the ovaries and a bunch of lymph nodes as well). I too read the internet stuff and freaked myself out. But, it is something that you can handle pretty darn well. The pain is not too bad becuase they give you the good drugs. It sucks being in the hospital, but once you get home and your main job is to sit and take periodic pain medication the recovery is very fast. I had my surgery in late December and was back in school by mid January. Just stay healthy, eat well and for goodness sake get someone to bring you non-hospital food while you are in the hospital.

Also, ignore the weight when they weigh you after the surgery becuase they pump you full of fluids (it goes away in a week or so).

zadie
Old 06-05-2003, 04:22 PM   #19  

Zadie - what a dear you are to drop in and tell Jello your experience! It SO helps to know others have done what's scary to us. Feel free to hang out, if you want, we're a fairly friendly bunch. :

SEMO - I have done that to one boss a few times. Recently he said, "You know that doesn't work on me - I know you're really doing something else. It doesn't matter as long as MY stuff is done." (he doesn't care if the others' work is done, LOL!) Anyway, I said, "Yes, I know I can't fool YOU but WHAT I'm typing - that isn't your business either way."

As soon as I said it, I couldn't believe I did. Edited to add: I really do work most of the time!

And: I loved the computer aerobics. Especially the ab exercises! As a bonus, now I truly know that my shoulder tension is bad - my muscles snap and crunch when I do the uper body ones. Massage time!

Last edited by Cafe976; 06-05-2003 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-06-2003, 06:26 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Hey! Whats up?

Where the heck is Tiffany? I think she's just teasing us! Now come on girlie I know your not too busy to come 'hang' with us from time to time.

Cafe - I love being teased, it's fun! Of course if you can't take it don't dish it out Ya just never know what I might say! Hey, I was in complete shock when I found out about the tryglicerides. I had no idea that 30 #'s could make that much difference. How's your hangover?

Thanks to all of you who did your little rain dances and sent them my way. We have been fortunate enough to have about 3 days of hit and miss thunderstorms. It's really made a difference temperature wise also. I'm sending the sunshine to DNW and anybody else who needs it for the time being.

DNW - My oldest daughter moved into an apartment a month or so ago and my son is working as a counselor for the boy scouts at a camp in San Marcos most of the summer. It really has been nice with the house fairly quiet. My youngest is still here. She's 17 and pretty much self reliant. It just really make a big difference with 2 out of 3 gone. Good luck getting back on track! I know you can do it especially now that deadnurse is going to be supportive. What kind of plan do you have in mind?

SEMO - Hope that your job issue is resolved soon. It must be stressful waiting and not knowing. I haven't checked out the commuter aerobics yet but it sounds interesting.

zadie k - Come back and see us any old time. As you can see we're a bunch of crazy ladies having a good time (and trying to lose weight too)

Jello - Congrats on the lost inches!

Hope you all have big weekend plans and have a great time doing whatever it is you like to do. Boy it sure was quiet here last time.

Catch you all later

LJ
Old 06-06-2003, 08:24 AM   #21  
Long Lost Chickie

Hey Zadie, thanks! Your post really really helped. Surgery in December and back to "life" in January? Sounds good to me! My cancer was ovarian and the doctor wants to do the "long involved version" of the surgery just so he can check everything and make sure there's no other cancer or problems there. Looking forward to the good drugs!

So Semo, your boss have any advice for me? Seriously, I can't count the number of times I've had to hit that little box to minimize my active screen window. People, please! Don't you have any of your own "work" to do?

Huntress, glad you're happy with your rainy weather. Out this way, we were all terribly frightened when a big bright thing appeared in the sky yesterday afternoon. Something called a "sun"??? Hadn't seen that in so very long! It's here again today but supposed to fade away for the weekend. Grumble.

Cafe, loved the coffee smilie!!!

Girls, my sore throat is now a full-fledged cold. I'm all stuffed up even with the Nyquil, Dayquil, Sudafed, Zicam and Vitamin C. Can you say medication fiend? Hate this feeling. But, as I said, at least it's now and not a month from now. Guess they wouldn't do the surgery if I was sick, eh?

Gotta run. Oh and ... TGIF!!!
Old 06-06-2003, 10:02 AM   #22  

Hey Jello - Be sure to drink LOTs of fluids. Get to feeling better soon.

LJ
Old 06-06-2003, 10:05 AM   #23  

Huntress, You funny! Your relative solitude sounds marvelous.

BTW, gang - Did I mention that I used all my letters on a triple word score at the scrabble-fest?

Jello on drugs... hm.

TGIF!! Got no plans for the weekend but my sis is still in town until Sunday so I'm sure there will be something in the cards.

Went for a LONG brisk walk on my lunch hour (yesterday) - was thinking about how proud you guys would be...

back later, I hope.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:36 AM   #24  

Happy Friday! I think.
First a pipe breaks, downstairs is wet...luckily didnt get the new drywall. Had to buy another dehumidifier to help dry things up. Cha-ching, couple hundred bucks. Then, went out to mow and the mower wouldn't start. CHA CHING. I'm counting my pennies as I watch the grass grow.

Cafe, walking on lunch hour. Good Girl! Walking has been the only exercise I've been getting. Yesterday, 2 hours walking in the warehouse style home improvement store.

This weekend, family from Texas will be in Indiana. 2 hour drive with the boys to meet up with the family.

The kids need me. "Duct Tape" keeps pop'n in my mind.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:20 PM   #25  

Huh, everyone bailed early today, eh?
Well, bad luck has continued. DH spending the nite in the hospital. Pneomina (sp?). I would have liked to stay there with him, but I have the boys. DH needs his rest anyway. They think he'll be able to come home tomorrow. The doc talked like he should have found his way to the hospital sooner, but DH stubborn fool.
To make life even more grand, I took the boys to DQ for a Blizzard Treat. stupid, stupid, stupid.
I'm gonna curl up with my boys, the dog and a Disney Movie.
Hope everyone is having a decent weekend.
Old 06-08-2003, 07:31 PM   #26  

HEY!

Where is everbody this weekend?

I'm so proud of myself, I've stayed OP all weekend. No screw-ups...YEAAA! Hope you're all doing good. Looking forward to a new week.

LJ
Old 06-09-2003, 10:25 AM   #27  

Tiger - Hope your DH is feeling better now! What a rough weekend. Kids, dog, Disney movie sounds like a perfect recipe for comfort, though!

Huntress - I'm so proud of you! I wish I could say the same, LOL! However, now that my sis has gone back to the left coast, hopefully the turbulence will settle and I can be back on track all week this week.

You've inspired me - I'm setting a 5-day minigoal of staying strictly OP! Wedding on Friday night, so I'm acknowledging that I'll probably have cake then. "Exceptions" have gotten to be a habit, I'm afraid, and I don't ever want to say this is the LAST exception... So we'll see how this goes - if it works then I'll set my next mini-goal period. Maybe it's the new twist that I need to get unstuck.

Happy Monday, everyone!

:
Old 06-09-2003, 10:59 AM   #28  
Long Lost Chickie

Geez, Tiger. {{{TIGER}}} Hugs to you. Sounds like you're getting put through the wringer lately. Hope DH is better.

Huntress, congratulations!!! Weekends are always tough but you're tougher!

Me, I spent the entire weekend in bed ... and not in a good way. I felt so lousy - all stuffed up and hacking my head off. Lots of drugs and plenty of fluids later and I'm feeling better. Not 100% but certainly much better. Didn't help that the entire weekend was gray, cold and rainy. Ah but it's Monday and the sun's out. Go figure.

OK, some of you are moms out there, right? So what, do you develop this psychic radar when you become a mom or what? Saturday evening, I'd just dropped off to sleep when the phone rang. It was mom. Just the old "haven't talked to you in a while and was wondering about you and wanted to ask if you've had any more problems with your 'insides' and was thinking about the last time you were in the hospital and...". Well, I hadn't planned on telling her until the surgery was all scheduled and set in stone but I ended up telling her the whole story. Just as well, I guess, but I didn't want her to worry. But I guess that's what moms do?

Boss was actually here on time this morning and has been dumping stuff on me ever since. He's on vacation for a week starting on Friday and then has a trade show in Germany the next week so he's trying to drive me crazy enough to hold me over for the next two weeks. Guess I'd better be off. Later!
Old 06-09-2003, 06:30 PM   #29  

Hey Jello - Question? I was just reading the new Womans World and the weight loss article this time was about Curves. Did they put you on a meal plan? Was just curious since it was mentioned in the article.

Hope you're all having a good day!

LJ
Old 06-10-2003, 09:07 AM   #30  
Long Lost Chickie

Huntress, good question. Answer is nope. But from what I understand, there is an eating program that you can follow. There's a book out by the founder of Curves and I understand that it has some sort of low-carb food plan. Been meaning to pick up the book, just haven't gotten around to it just yet. The Curves website (www.curvesinternational.com) has just a little information about the book and the plan ... just enough to peak my interest. One of these days, I'll get to a book store.

Speaking of Curves, I went last night and then walked home and was totally pumped! Had enough energy to do some laundry, scrub the kitchen floor, move some furniture and do a few other odds and ends. Who was that white tornado!?!?!

Better get some work done. Have to leave here in 20 minutes or so for a doctor's appointment. Then another one next Monday to finalize surgery plans. Tell me again how I'll feel better when this is all over....

Later!
Closed Thread