General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 10:40 AM   #76  
Long Lost Chickie

Tiger's frogs and snakes reminded me of my shed cleaning adventure on Sunday. Nope, no reptiles but lots of "mouse leavings" if you will. So I'd been cleaning for several hours, making all kinds of noise, finding lots of mouse damage - chewed patio furniture cushions, holy gardening gloves, etc. - but figured there was no "livestock" at the moment.

Wrong.

Picture it. Shelf about chin-height, Jello reaches up and picks up the bike helmet from the shelf... and li'l Mickey sits up and says "howdy"!

I had this perfect "girlie" reaction. Aaaaaaauuuuugggggghhhhh!!!!!!!

But he was actually very cute. Li'l pink (what's it with me and "pink" lately?) nose and big ol' ears. And it seems he didn't want to interact with me any more than I did with him so he was soon under some stuff in the corner. As long as he stayed on his side and me on mine, we had no trouble. Oh but what he did to the padding inside my bike helmet!!!

So now all the chewables are packed up in mouse-proof containers. Nope, Tiger. I wouldn't allow Rich to kill Mickey either. But if he ever surprises me like that again (or brings any of his friends in for a big mouse house party) I may have to borrow your shovel!

I'm back to work again.

P.S. Cafe, I haven't tried the red raspberry yet. Hm.....
Old 06-18-2003, 10:44 AM   #77  

Looks like everyone jumped in while I was in the pool getting soaked (and not by pool water). I only did 35 minutes because the rain started down so hard I couldn't see! Darn weather anyway!

Cafe: Dh stays out of my way when I am crabby! I think I could possibly be in heaven if I could read all the time. I already probably read at least 2 hours a day. Heck when you can't seem to find a job to take up your time and tv during the day is a yawn for the most part! BTW, went back to the yellow suit today!

Tiger: EUWWWW! I do not have a frog or snake phobia (rodents are my thing to shiver about) but I don't think I want a yard full visiting me either! Bet your boys like them though, huh? Boys usually do.

Semo: I live in Memphis. It is good and bad. There are real racial problems here still because of the MLK business which is pretty sad, but my gs lives here so I just had to live here. Also, dh has a great paying city job with good benefits and a lifetime pension after 10 years so considering he had gotten laid off 5 times in 3 years in Indiana and then his last job was with a new company with just 6 employees and the guy was a huge cheapskate (Jack makes 3 times down here what he did at that job) it was the best move for us. I miss my son a lot as he is the sweet child and the other one is fairly difficult to have a relationship with, but again, had to be by my little redheaded stinker.

Jello: I am sure you said a bazillion times, but what color are you doing your room in? I just lovvvvveeeeee to decorate. I watched Trading spaces yesterday afternoon and the designer, Hildy, who is a real pain in the rear, did this poor couples dining room in black and yellow, which I kind of like, but the WHOLE ROOM, ceiling and all was painted black and the furniture was painted this eggyolk yellow. The poor woman had been dreading it because she knew this designer was really off the wall, but she just hated it. Told Paige Davis, the moderator, the painters would be coming to the house on Monday! It really was awful and on top of that, the dumbest thing she did was to hardboil about 6 dozen eggs and put them in tall glass cylinders as vases. Now what, numbskull would think eggs would not rot?

Now, that I have thoroughly bored you to sleep... I am going to go. I have not showered and I am getting cold!

Faye
Old 06-18-2003, 11:26 AM   #78  

Hey!
I saw that episode of Trading Spaces. That room was hidious. Scarier than frogs, snakes or rodents! I like the designer named Frank. He lives in the real world.
Do you have your own pool or go to a public torture chamber?
I'm thinking about getting one of those little above ground blue pools that the sides come up as it fills. Anyone have one of those? Or, I could always swim in the pond...ahhh, but then we're back to the reptiles.

.................... ........................
Old 06-18-2003, 11:26 AM   #79  

Back again, Faye, you're about two hours south of me. (Small world) In fact our corp office is in Collierville. And yes there are some problem areas that you need to avoid. I don't like to go anywhere shopping in town without someone familar with the area because I get lost and have no sense of direction. (My nose is always pointed toward the north - coundn't find my way out of a paper bag, dh could be dropped in the middle of a city and get out with no problems.) But anyway, I'm always afraid that I'll end up in a dangerous area, and that's true of any city that you don't know.

Snakes, frogs, mice and spiders, come my way and you are one dead sucker. Don't like them and don't want them anywhere around me or anything that I touch. I have no regrets about getting rid of them either. POWER SURGE!! Right now our yard is being overrun with rabbits, their everywhere. One tried to come through the front door the other day. We have a full glass storm door and the silly thing tried to hop thru it.

Okay, back to work........
Old 06-18-2003, 12:11 PM   #80  
DNW

Red face All That Glitters Is Not Gold!!!!

My Dears:

You all remember the Contract Administration job I applied for internally and did not get, because they wanted someone with Contracts experience who could "hit the ground running"?

Well she's definitely running...not even in the job 2 months and she gave them notice...seems the 9-5 schedule doesn't work for her...DUH??????????????

OK so I am still interested but boy are they going to have to offer me a "large piece of jewelery" to take the job...one of the women I would have been working with is going to tell her boss I'm still interested.

She said that they should have hired me in the first place....I say B-A-A-W-W-A-A-A-H-H-H-H HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!!!!!

Sometimes smug tastes better than food

Smooches!
Old 06-18-2003, 12:18 PM   #81  

Sometimes smug tastes better than food. I love that.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:20 PM   #82  

Semo: We go up through Missouri to go to Indiana. There is method to the madness, it is interstate all the way and a good 2 hours shorter than going over to Nashville and up through Kentucky and southern Indiana. We take 40 to 55 where it cuts of to go to Sikeston and then take 55N all the way to Chicago then 57 and 80/94-80-90 right into South Bend. It is either 65 or 70 the whole way. My goofy dh has a GPS and even has all the rest areas and restaurants plotted so we know how far we have to hold it to pee! We have some friends that live in Collierville, very pretty very expensive!

Tiger: You and I both. I am a Frank fan and I like Vern Yipp too. At least they are willing to listen for heaven's sake. The two worst are Hildy and Doug. They are both so full of themselves. Did you ever see the episode where the black lady who I don't know her name covered this bed in flowers and artificial turf and it looked like a grave? Laurie is pretty good. She did a great job on that little girls room. My entranceway is that color green (sponge painted). Have you ever seen the BBC version, Changing Rooms? That one can be pretty funny. I remember when they did a church for heavens sake!

Boy anyone makes reference to any kind of DIY stuff and off I go on a tangent, sorry! It is just so much fun to play with colors and fabrics and such. I even have my husband hooked on those shows and While You Were Out, too! We have gotten some great ideas from them.

Well, TTFN

Faye
Old 06-18-2003, 01:55 PM   #83  

I forgot to mention that hubby and I love Trading Spaces too, well I love it and he endures it. Vern and Amy Winn are my favorites! I love tools too! I can spend hours in lowells or home depot, in my next life I'm gonna be a carpenter, just have to get over my fear of heights!

Faye, I'm south of the I-57 exit, so wave the next time you go through.

Last edited by SEMO; 06-18-2003 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:20 PM   #84  

Gosh looks like I have friends all up and down the interstate now!

Tiger: I never answered your question about the pool. We own a condo and the complex has a pool. Our front door is right across the courtyard from the pool not 50 feet away so it is mega convenient. We had problems the beginning of the season with kids from the area coming and "crashing" but seems that problem has now been nipped in the bud. I don't go too much in the afternoon because it is crowded with people usually, especially once the summer heat is really high and sunny. The early morning is great because no one is around except the FED EX planes overhead. They fly at the rate of about 4-6 in the hour I am in the pool. We are on the approach to the airport. I just bebop all by myself.

DNW: You go girl and hold out for the big bucks! They always try to get you for a song, at least the law firm I worked at did!

Have a nice day ladies.

Faye
Old 06-18-2003, 03:42 PM   #85  
Long Lost Chickie

Actually Faye, I don't think I ever did say what color I'd decided on for the master bedroom. Hm..... I guess I should decide on a color for the master bedroom.... Actually, I just ordered this really cute quilt from Domestications.com. It's got little cows and pigs and barnyard "stuff" on it. It's mostly blue so I'm pretty much thinking blue. Last time I was at the Home Depot, I went to the "oops paint" section. That's where they put the cans of paint that they mixed for a customer and the customer didn't like it or it came out wrong - whatever. Anyway, it's always dirt-cheap. I bought a quart of a light blue-green shade for $1. I figure I can mix that with some glaze and use that for some sponging accents or something.

It's funny. Before I painted my dressing room, I was sitting in it thinking it needed a new color. It was white. Every wall of every room in the house was white when I moved in a couple years ago. Ho hum. Anyway, I decided right on the spot that a dressing room was a very "girl" thing and so I'm painting the room pink! And I did.

Rich was joking around and said that since I have a pink room, he should have a blue one. That, plus my little barnyard quilt, settled it for me. The master bedroom will be blue. So off I went, back to the Home Depot. And as you all know, you don't just walk into a paint department and say "I want blue". You have to decide from about 200 shades of blue. That, I haven't quite done yet..... Stay tuned.

Boy can I ramble when the boss isn't around or what!? :soapbox:

To continue ... I don't think I ever watched Trading Spaces but I love While You Were Out. I always get great ideas. Rich likes to watch the shows like This Old House and Yankee Workshop. Only problem with the things they do on TOH is that you've got to have $$$$$$ to do most of them. That ain't us.

In other news ... DNW, good luck with the "new negotiations"! When you're the boss of the place, will we have to call you "Ms. DNW, Ma'am"?

Semo, I love the tools and the smell of the lumber department too. But I spend more time in the craft stores and the paint and decor departments. I'm such a klutz that things like big scary power saws have no business being anywhere near me. It wouldn't be pretty.

OK, this time I mean it. I have to go. It's Wednesday afternoon and I suppose I should at least think about starting all the work I told the boss would be done this week....

Yeah. Right.

Dum de dum ... off to surf the 'net ... dum de dum de dum....
Old 06-18-2003, 07:55 PM   #86  

Jello: Boy, I have blue in my house! We took the condo's den and made it our living room because it has paneling that had been painted and looked sort of like a beach house and it has the fireplace. I have all country stuff in my living room and my kitchen is decorated in geese with blue accents so we found a blue we liked for the living room, painted the woodwork and doors an off white called birch bark, then because the kitchen opens up into the living room, took the next shade lighter and painted the kitchen and the shade darker than the living room and painted all the countertops using the high gloss to make the counters shine. All the kitchen cabinets are painted off white and I found adorable drawer pulls and cabinet knobs that were off white with a country blue center that almost matched my blue walls perfectly. I just love it. I think blue green would be a neat color to use.

Well, there I go again with the decorating bologna so I better stop while I am ahead.

Tomorrow is busy busy busy and I get to go see SHIRLEY first thing so wish me luck! I will try and pop in sometime tomorrow if I can find a minute!

Faye
Old 06-19-2003, 08:55 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm there! I'm there! My first goal!!
Ok now what? I've still got about two handfuls of roll on each side. You know, it's starts on your hip and rolls around the front. And there's about a handful on the inside of each thigh just above my knee. How much is that 5 lbs? 10 maybe?
Old 06-19-2003, 09:00 AM   #88  

Hey Everyone!
Well, so far my new swimsuit motivation is working. Only one day, but that's all it takes....one day at a time.

For more motivation, what's everyones dream outfit? Yeah, I want to look good in a swimsuit...I'd be happy with "not scarey" in a swimsuit. One of my "look good dream outfits" would be a pair of regular XL drawstring pj bottoms that hang loose with a little spandex tank top that doesn't roll up. I'm not asking for much.

Faye, did I miss something...Shirley? *scratching my head*
With all this decorating talk, I'm gonna throw out a question. I've been looking for lined/thermal curtains with no luck. They all look too formal and I have a very casual/country/rustic style. We have a lot of windows....need to block the intense sun and winter cold. I'm clueless. I have matchstick bamboo shades with raisin colored sheers/scarves that don't block nearly enough. Maybe I just need to get new shades, but I really wanted new curtains.

I'm off to find the kitchen counter...I know it's under there somewhere.
Old 06-19-2003, 09:26 AM   #89  
Long Lost Chickie

Tiger, I think Shirley's the new hairdresser. Right Faye? I always said if my hairdresser ever retires or quits, I'm going to have to just let my hair grow until it's down to my knees. It's too tough to find someone you really like.

Interesting because I feel the same way about my gynecologist. I'm going to have my surgery in a hospital about 50+ miles away simply because I want this guy to do it. Told Rich he didn't have to come visit every single day.

Faye, interesting that you have geese accents. The off-white in my kitchen and dining room is called Goose Feather.

Well, it's kinda interesting ... to me ...

Or not....

Annnnyhoooo, Tiger I have a little black dress! That's my dream outfit. Bought it once because I saw it on my way out of a store and it was on sale dirt-cheap. That was at least 5-6 years ago. Never wore it. But little black dresses never go out of style, do they? Hmm.... maybe I'll have to go take a look at it again. Quite the motivators these "little" clothes, aren't they?

It's funny. Once in a WW meeting, the leader asked people why they wanted to lose weight. Everyone was talking about health and blood pressure and "important" stuff like that. I raised my hand and said "I just want to be able to tuck in my shirt". Yep, that's a big dream for me.

Someday ... someday ....

BTW, Tiger. Sorry I have no advice on the curtains. The few times I've had to buy them for any of my windows has taken several trips to several stores and a couple of returned wrong kind/wrong size items. Hope you find what you're looking for.

But speaking of clothes and such ... I have to pack a bag for the hospital and the trip home from there. The nurse told me to bring a robe for walks down the halls. (P.S. I bought a very nice rather expensive one in a "I'm having surgery and I deserve something special" mood last weekend.) She also told me to pack something to wear home - something loose around the middle, etc. Any suggestions? I have a couple pairs of very very old sweatpants. Can't wear them. Yuck. But I can't find any place that sells sweatpants at this time of year and don't really want to wear them in the heat of July/August anyway. Even my lightweight "workout" pants are a bit snug. (Yes, they are XL. ) Anyone know of anything I can try?

I guess I'd better go. Today's project is cleaning out one of the file drawers for all the paperwork for a new project starting up next week. Another visit from the Frenchmen! Don't know yet if the good-smelling one's coming yet, Cafe. I'll let you know!

Later!
Old 06-19-2003, 09:51 AM   #90  

Good Morning My Little Chickies. I got my lazy butt up and exercised this morning and I feel GREAT. Why do I quit???

Jello, I would buy some of the cotton, PJ bottoms with the draw string. Penneys did have them on sale, if you can't find womens then try some of the mens, altho you will probably have to hem those. I found them with the gowns and underwear dept. I love those things, and they would be find to wear outside the hospital too.

Dream outfit, let's see........ anything that would make me look two sizes smaller! Really I don't know, I hate to get really dressed up, but like to go a little better than casual, so a really nice pant outfit that makes me look smashing would be great!

Gotta get some work done, I'll check back in a minute.
Closed Thread