General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 10:43 AM   #91  

Good morning all!

Tooround - welcome! I almost missed your lil post with all the activity around here. Congrats on the 27 pounds you have lost so far! Sounds like you are on the right track. As far as what's left to lose - it's impossible to answer that from here, LOL. It sounds to me like all that's left if you're not satisfied is maybe a little sculpting. Finding a way to do some resistance training with those big rubber bands or weights will help you add a little muscle and pull things into a shape you like. Anyways, feel free to jump into the conversation here - it's so encouraging to talk with people who have made a goal!

Yeesh, it's like the home and garden channel gone awry around here!

Actually, my husband worked in the building trades for years and is now attending the Arts Institute for a degree in Interior Design. I have to tell you, though, this is different from interior decorating. He's all about Frank Lloyd Wright (among others) - and barn animals (sorry Jello) belong in the barn, at least at our place.

Not to say my place is totally beautiful. We went through a traumatic total remodel a couple of years ago (floors, walls, windows, doors, trim & paint) - during which my life was turned upside down and a family member died - so while the overall place is vastly improved I haven't actually done much decorating. Heck, it took me a year to put things away and hang the first picture back up! Plus, DH started school right around that time so I can't be going and buying furniture and paintings and things.

SEMO - I always feel that way [GREAT!] too, when I exercise - especially first thing in the morning. WHY on earth is it so hard to just do it? It's nuts!? Anyway - way to go!

DNW - Maybe now that the job is ready for you, you're also more ready for the job? I know you were hestitant to leave where you are last time, but since you're being run off your feet lately... Yep, smug tastes pretty good.

Faye - Glad to hear the yellow swimsuit has made a comeback. Now throw the other one away, quick! Love your passion for color, go girl!

Tiger - That swimsuit sounds cute!! You need to order me one of them! Anything that gives a little motivation. Me, I don't have a special outfit that I dream about - although spending an entire summer at the beach again sounds like a dream come true so swimsuit: yeah. Mostly, I'd like people to think I'm pretty instead of just seeing the weight. Why did I let this happen?

Jello - I'm with SEMO on the pajama bottoms. Target has some nice ones too. LOVE wearing them around the house. And from the hospital, to the car, to the house? No problem. It's not like you're going to stop for a fancy dinner on the way home.

OK this is way to long - time to hit submit!

Last edited by Cafe976; 06-19-2003 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:47 PM   #92  

Hi!
Alright! Is everyone sitting down? I exercised! Then, I sat out in the sun for an hour! I'm feeling good.

Cafe, I have a Bachelor of Fina Arts Degree...Interior Design. But, I'm still a stay at home Mom. The closest I got to using it was merchandise display in a clothing store. Then, along came the babies and here I am. Some day...

Eat Less, Move More! I'm on a roll! And not a cinnamon roll!
Old 06-19-2003, 01:28 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Ican't believe I posted in the wrong thread! Just so happy I guess. Thanks for the encouragement tho'.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:06 AM   #94  

OMG! I am the ultimate threadkill! I post and then NO ONE EVER POSTS AGAIN!

Except you, Tig! Thank goodness you still like me. Way to go on the exercise!! We must be of one mind - I went for a nice walk on my lunch hour with a coworker. Some of it was even uphill!

Hmmm, you and DH would have LOTS to talk about. But lemme tell you, he has his OPINIONS. (I was speaking for him earlier) Still, re: degree, it's never wasted because lots of employers just want to see that you DID college. And if you don't have to work, so much the better! More actual living to be done w/o work getting in the way.

And thank goodness for you, tooround, you are helping to save me from my paranoia. Encouragement is gratis (that is, free, if I can spell today) around here. Maybe it was good little mistakey.

OK well I was having a great day yesterday - salad for lunch, grilled chicken breast on more salad for dinner - and then I had to go to a party. Which was organized at a place called the Malt Shop. I would like to say I was strong, but... The good thing is, at least I did super good the rest of the day, which wasn't really planned but sure helps with damage control! [I had forgotten about this little farewell thingie.]

Hope you guys come around again soon. Barn animals are just fine by me, I promise!!

Last edited by Cafe976; 06-20-2003 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:54 AM   #95  

Happy Friday!!! Hi Cafe, I usually feel the same way about killing the thread. LOL

Today's Friday, payday, and I'm leaving work at 2:30 to go to Nashville to visit my younguns! Ahhhhhhhh life is grand!

Nothing much going on, but didn't want Cafe to be left all ALONE! Ha
Old 06-20-2003, 11:09 AM   #96  

Hey, I posted at 2 am and the darn thing kept failing so I just saved it so here goes:

Hey ladies!

Well, it is now a done deal! Shirley was on VACATION, so they put me with someone else and she did a spectacular job on my hair. I like her BETTER than I did Lee. It was also no more expensive than the other place and I thought it would be.

Tiger: This may sound dumb, but I did it once and it worked for me. First off, if you can't or don't want to spend money on both shades and curtains, and can't find ones you like......and secondly, this only works on curtains not drapes. I bought rod pocket curtains then measured the backs from under the stitching on the pocket to the stitching on the hem. Went to the fabric store and bought a color coordinated piece of fabric in a solid cotton and some no sew fabric tape. "hemmed" all four sides with the tape, then attached the fabric piece to the back on the curtain from the bottom of the pocket to the top of the hem using the no sew tape. I now basically had lined curtains and they looked pretty darn good. If you are a machine sewer, you can do the same thing with the machine and it would be even better. Good girl! You get that exercise in!

Jello: You can always go home in a MUUMUU! Sorry that is left over from them days when that is all us chubby people had to choose from. But seriously, something similar to that isn't a bad idea. Who cares what you look like to ride home and if you shouldn't have something binding around the tummy area, I am not sure I would choose any kind of pants, shorts etc even sweatones. Me, I would haul my butt home in my gown or like jello said something with a drawstring that is soft and robe. When I had gall bladder surgery several years ago, that is what I did. Hope all goes really well for you.

Cafe: I just can't get the picture of you sitting in your beautiful home reading the paper with Elsie the cow looking over your shoulder out of my head.

SEMO: Yahoo for you! I never thought I would be this big a proponent of exercise ever. Hauling around 400 lbs even walking was tough, but man am I ever glad I did and now I love getting in the pool everyday. Even look forward to it. When I started in January, the only thing I could do was walk. I walked my complex once around twice a day and even doing that, I was totally winded. When I built up my stamina I would increase it. I then started walking in our mall which is 1 1/2 miles once around. I was finally able to power walk it. When the pool opened I was hooked! It is even better than walking and no stress on my chubby knees. Just find something you like to do and you will find you will really stick to it.

My outfit would be anything in about a size 14. I would be so jazzed being that size that to me it would be gorgeous! I don't do sleeveless though so it would have to have sleeves. (I would need the extreme makeover to fix the arms for sleeveless)

Well, ladies, I have sat here 2 hours when I should be sound asleep so better get back to it!

Faye
Old 06-20-2003, 11:34 AM   #97  

Hello!
My days are running together. DH has to work tomorrow, so doesn't really feel like Friday.

Semo, have fun with the young'ns. Payday, I miss payday. Instead, I have the kids who remember it's payday...allowance.

Faye, I've thought about trying to make my own curtians. I have a couple old sewing machines that were given to me. Need to have them tuned up and take'm for a test drive. hmmm, I wonder if I could attach muslin or canvas to the backs of my shades...

Cafe, I try to think that about my degree..at least I have it. And I am grateful to stay home with the kidlens...most days.

My new swimsuit should be here today.
I'm off to catch up on my food journal and take a walk.
Have a good weekend chickies!
Old 06-20-2003, 12:03 PM   #98  

I know most of you ladies can probably buy clothing at regular stores, but because Tiger was talking about suits and I am in the pool everyday I went searching the online large womens sites and found some gorgeous suits if anyone happens to need one. I believe Roamans is where I found some of the prettiest. Dh would kill me if I bought another suit since I really don't need one, but they have this beautiful black and white maillot with shirring that I would LOVEEEEE to have. Nope, just like food, I am going to be a good girl and keep my hands off my credit card! Tiger, hope you love your suit.

UPS delivered my contacts today so now I have some new ones thank goodness. I was down to the last pair and they were getting to the end of my time frame and I was looking at going back to my glasses. I really like the contacts for summer so I can wear regular sunglasses. Only problem is I have to drag my reading glasses everywhere. Old age sucks sometimes!

Well, you ladies have fun today and don't get sunburned if you are out! We finally have sun today! Yippeee

Faye
Old 06-20-2003, 12:06 PM   #99  
Long Lost Chickie

TGIF!!!!! I am soooooooo very sick of this place this week. Boss being on vacation doesn't count if he calls in every day to annoy me. Jerk. Humph!

Faye, you only suggested a muumuu because of all the barn animal talk around here!

Pausing to chuckle fiercely at my own wit ... or half-wit???

Tiger, making your own curtains might be a tough job but then you'll have exactly what you want. When I left my ex, my sister's husband's father's girlfriend (does that make sense?) made me curtains for my apartment's patio doors so I wouldn't have to pay a fortune for blinds or curtains that size. She made them out of king size bedsheets. They really turned out nice! And the best part was that whenever I looked at them, I thought about the love and support I got from my sister and others at a time when I really needed it.

Ooh, gettin' all mushy here. What's up with that?

Semo, have a great time on your trip!

Cafe, you didn't kill the thread. We were all just sittin' back thinking about your last post. BTW, it was not way too long! Well, except for that dig on my barn animals!

Speaking of which, got home last night and my new quilt was waiting for me on my doorstep! I was all set to put it on the bed when Rich said "well, we were talking about getting a new bed anyway...". Next thing you know, we're tooling down the road with a new queen size mattress and box spring sticking out the back of his Bronco. I was a nervous wreck. Made him use about 10 miles of rope to secure the things so we wouldn't lose them along the way. Rain held out just long enough to get them home and in the house.

And yes, getting them up the stairs and the old ones out to the curb does count as exercise. Lots of it!

I'm going to run now. Been working on a project for the company prez. Worked on it all day yesterday. Started today by continuing work on it ... and then found out HE took the day off. Well, I never!

Grumbling ... and counting the minutes until 5:00.
Old 06-20-2003, 01:02 PM   #100  

I wished we all lived closer, we would make a heck of a team, Quilter and I sew, DNW paints w/watercolors, and you guys decorating, man that would be fun, fun, fun. We could go from house to house.

Faye, I wear contacts for Mono Vision, One eye for up close and one for distance. No cracks from you guys for being one-eyed either! It takes a little getting used to but no glasses at all. On the exercising ~ I'll go 5 or six months exercising 5/6 times a week, then something just happens and I just quit. I just finished the Power 90 tapes and then just stopped, it's sort of like, well I finished my commitment and now I'm done.

Bathing suits, I bought one last year, at the end of the summer. at Penneys (don't remember the brand) but it has a tape measure hanging on the tag. These suits are wonderful, they have great bra support for fuller figures and a lining that helps hold in the tummy area. If you are looking for a new suit try one of these, I love mine. (well as much as you can love a swimsuit)

Two hours and thirty minutes......... YeaHaw.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:31 PM   #101  

ahh, the fuller figure bra thingy...yeah, I dont need that thing. Problem is, suits in my size all come with 'em. Makes me look all shapely until one gets dented.

I'm going out to mow...even though the yard doesnt need it that much. Out of the house and away from the food! That's my plan. Bonus, more sun tan.

Jello, I have Bronco fetish. What year is yours? We had a '73 that I loved, but wasn't practical for family life. Now, we have a '95. I've been trying to talk DH into taking the top off. I want one of those bikini tops for it. Hey, if I can't wear a bikini, at least my truck can.

Look out Froggies, here I come!
Old 06-20-2003, 03:12 PM   #102  

Ok, girls, who's with me and willing to give our sweet friend Tiger some of her boobs so she can fill her suit? Me first! You can have a whopping 6 inches and a cup from me!

You girls certainly crack me up!

SEMO: My sister has those kind of contacts. Do you really like them? I wondered how hard it would be to get used to them. She says not at all if they are fit right. I am VERY VERY nearsighted (-5.00 in left and -5.25 in right) and have I think -2.00 reading glasses. Well, let's face it, I am blind as a bat. Have worn glasses etc since I was 10 so that's ummmm what 20 years ago?

I am so jazzed, have my house all cleaned and last load of laundry in dryer so everything will be done when dh gets home and I am freeeeeeeeee!

Oh BTW, for those of you who like thrillers and if you have ever read Jeffrey Deaver, his new Lincoln Rhyme novel The Vanished Man is superb. More twists than a roller coaster.

Faye
Old 06-20-2003, 03:16 PM   #103  

Tig, they don't have hard cups! Love to see your dent look! But they do have great support, it's not an underwire but gives support as if it were. Gosh, I don't know how to explain it and even tho I'm not large by any means, it's just when you get my age everything GOES SOUTH! So you need a little uplifting!

Ten more minutes and I'm outta here!

Ya'll have a great weekend and I'll talk to you Monday

Edited to add - Faye I do like them an as weird as it sounds it doesn't take long to get used to the contacts.

Bye again.

Last edited by SEMO; 06-20-2003 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:20 PM   #104  
Long Lost Chickie

Help me! There's a big ol' sheet birthday cake being cut in the cafeteria as I type. I'm stayin' riiiiiight here. No, no, you guys go and have some. I'll watch the phones. No, no, don't bring me any. Plllllleeeeease!!!!

Semo, I'm with you. Wished we all lived closer. Or we could be independently wealthy and form our own travelling decorating company! Just travel from town to town painting and plastering and renovating. Just show up on people's doorsteps and barge on in. Whether they want us there or not. Now THAT would be a story for the 6:00 news.

Tiger, the Bronco is Rich's baby. It's an '86 ... looks like 1886! But it runs great ... usually. Has a few quirks. Like a couple days ago, the motor that operates the back window fried itself. Quite a smell and the black smoke! So now the back window is down ... permanently. Or at least until we get it fixed. And if you knew the amount of rain we've been having .... Ooh, it's not pretty. But Rich will never give up the "UAV" (Urban Assault Vehicle).

I've got all you guys beat regarding contact lenses and glasses. My glasses used to look like coke bottle bottoms. I had to special order and pay extra for my contacts. Needed my glasses to find my glasses. Went in for laser eye surgery and they couldn't do it. My cornea's were too thin. Seems my eyes were too bad to be fixed. But aha, this particular eye place had just come up with a new procedure - not FDA approved yet - would I like to try it - I'd be the 10th or 11th patient in the country to try it ..... So what the heck, eh? They implanted lenses in each eyeball. Sounds a little gross, I guess. Would I do it again?

In a heartbeat!!!! I've worn glasses since I was 5. I was legally blind. I couldn't see well even with my contacts. Now my vision is 20-20 in one eye and 20-30 in the other. It took me months to break the habit of waking up and reaching for my glasses. It's an amazing thing!

Sorry. Off on a tangent again. The good news is that I'm thinking the cake thing should be done so I can go back there and get my low-fat cottage cheese and my apple out of the fridge.

The boss shouldn't be calling again. I'm done the president's project. The old *itch has just left for the day (the song "Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead" keeps running through my head) and it's less than 2 hours till the weekend.

Let's hear it for smooth sailing. Have a great weekend!
Old 06-20-2003, 04:01 PM   #105  

Oh boy. Now I've gone and done it. I agreed to meet my sister at the beach next week. The sister who has 3 kids, one less than a year ago and she is still thin! *banging head on desk* What was I thinking?! Now I have a mountain of motivation, but hope it doesn't backfire seeing there wont be much noticeable body changes by the end of next week. Ok, ok, ok. It's ok. Cuz, I'll be feeling good for taking care of myself and I'll be wearing the new suit....that hasn't gotten here yet. Come on UPS!

Jello, my Bronco back window has issues too. Sometimes it needs a helping hand...pull up, push down. And, my headlight switch broke off. I have to use handy-dandy pliers. But, I still love it and want to save it for my 11 year old.
Oh, and...
NO BIRTHDAY CAKE!

Closed Thread