General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 07:00 AM   #136  

Up bright and early this morning. Need to make up for my day at the beach.

Can you believe THREE people asked me where I got my swimsuit?! That definately helped my self image. And, my skinny sister didn't wear a suit! She said she didn't have one. She has been pregnant and nursing two years in a row, so I can see why. So, it helped not having to sit next to her in a swimsuit. I survived! Minor sunburn on a couple spots where I missed getting the sunscreen.

Faye, have a good time on your trip! How long does it take you to get up here? Nice hair cut. I'm never brave enough to go that short. My beach trip was in Warsaw...Central Park. It's between my sis and me...she lives in Fort Wayne.

DNW, geez, seems like you just went out of town. I'm green with envy. Have fun!

SEMO, Flashlights...I can never find one that works having two boys! I've tried hiding one for emergency, but they always find out about it. The storms are moving my way. We need the rain, but hope it isn't too severe.

Jello, where did u vanish to yesterday? Dont say those smelly french men made u work.

DH is on vacation next week. At most, we will probably go to the zoo and maybe to the Drive In theatre. Big plans are too power wash the house/deck and stain it & work on the dirt pit surrounding the pond. Par-tay!

Off to get a head start cleaning before the mess makers wake up
Old 06-26-2003, 08:45 AM   #137  
Long Lost Chickie

LOL, Tiger! Smelly frenchmen. Giggle.

Actually, they were supposed to be here by 2:00 and didn't arrive 'till after 4. Then they were raring to go and everyone here wanted to go home. I hardly got a chance to say hello before I was outta here and off to Curves. Too bad, eh?

Faye, love the hair! I'll repeat what others were saying - I don't know if I could go that short. But it looks so cool and easy for the summer! Hmm..... Love the earrings too! Oh and thanks for the advice on sunless tanning. I think I'll have to try that.

DNW, I'm taking my Vitamin C faithfully every day. I have an appt. with my surgeon on July 17 so I'll ask him about taking it any longer or when I should stop, etc.

Tiger, glad the suit (and YOU in it ) was such a hit at the beach. Um, any chance of a photo....?

Cafe, it's not crazy to be well-prepared! Just like in the girl scouts! We had a big storm a week or so ago and lost our power for a couple hours. The lights flickered, we looked at each other and each said "where are the flashlights?", started to get up ... and then the lights went out. Pretty funny trying to scramble around and crashing into each other in the dark.

You guys talking about books and stuff reminds me to ask - any suggestions on movies or DVDs I should rent during my "lady of leisure" days would be appreciated!

Well, I've got frenchmen at the door and an empty water bottle so I should go. ... oh yeah, and some work to do ... I guess ... Talk to you later!
Old 06-26-2003, 09:38 AM   #138  

Good Morning to all, it's raining here and my electric went out about 6:30 this morning. I did realize, while putting my makeup on in a bathroom with no window, that I don't look too bad in a dark room with only a flicker of candle light! It's been too long since I've had a candlelit dinner!

DNW, Yes, I know, My mind knows, I just can't get the rest of me to cooperate. I'm trying.

Tig, glad the suit and the day worked out and that you had fun.

Jello, don't get any tear jerkers or funny movies for the first couple of days. No crying or hard laughing girl. I would be happy watching HGTV for a few days non stop.

Faye, thanks for the book info, I love thrillers. I've been on a John Grissiom kick for awhile and am ready for something more nail biting. I've always loved scary movies too. BTW, I liked the earings too.

Cafe, wished I'd had your flashlight this morning, all mine had dead batteries! I wasn't a girlscout!

Sassy, you're going to have to stop in more often. Tell us about yourself.

Huntress, Bright, Tif, Dyan, sending out a big HELLO. Stop in when you can.

Back to work.

Last edited by SEMO; 06-26-2003 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:53 AM   #139  

Good morning all! And thank you for the nice welcome!

Cafe: I am doing low sugar, which basically means i am not eating anything that has refined sugars, cane sugars and all those lovely "ose" sugars!, as well as "anything white" ie) white bread, white potatoes-sweet ones are ok, because these all turn to sugar very quickly in your body Basically its a lot like the way diebetics eat. After a few days your body actually stops craving sugar-its been amazing for me-a total chocoholic. One thing i like about this is that i can still eat pasta, and i don't worry so much about fat and calories-too much work for me with 3 kids! I never realized that all those low fat foods are packed with sugar!
Sorry to ramble! Once I get started on my new way of eating i start to tell a sermon lol!

Jello: when is your surgery date?

Hope everyone has a great day! today is supposed to be the last day of our heat wave-yesterday with the humidity it was 42 C! thats warm! going to go catch some rays before it gets too hot out!
Old 06-26-2003, 10:06 AM   #140  

Movies for Jello...
Old standbys at my house (remember I have 2 boys)
Shrek, The Goonies, Meet the Parents, Twister (or maybe not this time of year), Atlantis the cartoon, Monsters Inc, Dances with Wolves...recent rentals, Sweet Home Alabama and Catch Me If You Can.
Oh, and me in a swimsuit photo.... I deleted the ones DS took of me for my appaisal right after I looked at them.

SEMO, I think everything looks better in low lighting! DH and DS's always turing on the big overhead lights. I follow behind turning them off, turning on lamps. Men.

I'm suppose to be cleaning house....
Old 06-26-2003, 11:36 AM   #141  
DNW

Jello: OK I would watch Farenheit 454, Magnolia, The Hours, any Ingmar Bergman flim from the 70's, any subtitled foreign films, and Gerard Dipardeau in anything subtitled or not...but that is just me...I like the heavy, artsy stuff...go figure. Also the Tempest with John Cassavetes, and every other film he directed, and anything Gena Rowlands is in from the 70's-80's, and any Martin Scorcese film.....can you tell I'm from the NYC area????

Semo: I know you're trying. But I am going to be a pain in the butt because you helped me when I felt not so great and you are such a sweetie I want to be your cheerleader....Go Semo...Go Semo!!!!!!!!!!!!RAH-H-H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tig: Actually the reason we are going away again is that we got a partial refund from the B&B in Cape May because while I was eating breakfast on the last day I almost swallowed a very sharp piece of plastic that was on my plate....which the cook did not see...so the owners gave us back $250 on the very expensive stay and we are using that on a two day stay that will cost the same....besides old Bob is fried from work!!

Sassy: Your plan sounds like a good one....maybe I'll try it.

Love to everyone else...smoochies
Old 06-26-2003, 03:22 PM   #142  
Long Lost Chickie

Ah Semo, a candlelight dinner. I haven't had one of those in a long time either. Hmm... I need to find a romantic restaurant ... that's also low-carb. Oh never mind. The magic's gone.

Thanks though Semo for the movie advice. I'd forgotten about the dangers of laughter in my situation!

DNW, I think you're a little too cerebral for me, girlie! Then again, I haven't seen Farenheit 451 since college!!! Now that would be a good one. BTW, have a great trip. Plastic in the food!?! Boy, some people would do anything for a free trip.

Tiger, you definitely DO have young kids! But there were a couple on your list that I'd love to see and, if I've seen them before, to see again. Loved Dances With Wolves ... until what happened to Two Socks.

Sassy, surgery date is July 29. It had originally been scheduled for July 8 but there was a snafu in scheduling or something. So now I have to wait until my doctor is back from his 2-week vacation. Hm, well at least he'll be well-rested I hope.

Well, off I go again. One thing I do like about this weight loss program is that I'm supposed to eat 6 times a day. There are days when I just sit and wait for the clock until it's time for my next "feeding" Today's one of those days I'm afraid. Ah but I did find some protein shakes that are high protein, low carb, low fat and not too terrible on calories. And they taste good.

Well, that's not so bad, is it?
Old 06-26-2003, 07:17 PM   #143  
I'm back again

Hi all,

I'm still alive and breathing....just on vacation and trying to pack in everything I can!

SEMO: Have you read any Dean Koontz books? I started with "Cold Fires" and found it to be a bit mystical and a bit sci-fi and well written. He has several others out but the only one I must warn you about is "Intensity"---it's a bit graphic in the beginning due to the murder stuff going on.... I've read almost all of John Grisham's books, also. A funny female author is Jennifer Cruisie--I can't remember the first of her books I read but it was so funny that I couldn't put it down (loaned it to a friend and it hasn't arrived back yet or I'd have a name for you). 15# within goal---lucky girl!

Jello: Sweet Home Alabama, The Rookie (with Dennis Quaid), Hope Floats, Legends of the Fall (with Brad Pitt!), are a few of my favorites. Wish we lived closer so I could loan you my copies.

DNW: Sounds like a nice weekend planned...have fun!

Tiger: I was brave enough to try on suits the other day also----ended up buying one but haven't had the opportunity to wear it. Sounds like yours was a hit!

Welcome Sassy! You will find this to be a nice thread to land on!

Gma2one: Have fun at the wedding! I think I have those same earrings and I love wearing them! I wish I was brave enough to go short also. Must be these full cheeks that my mama blest me with!

Cafe: I know how you feel with the flashlight! I keep one with me or close by! It is so humid here that I've been afraid to walk for a bit....might try tonight since the heat is cooling off.

Huntress: Where are you girl? Hope you are keeping cool down there!

Missing Tiff, Dyan, & little Kayla.

Bright
Old 06-27-2003, 08:17 AM   #144  

Hello Peeps!
Friday! DH starts vacation today. Let the household projects begin!

Bright, I second the vote for Dean Koontz. I've read a lot of his stuff. Brad Pitt, Legends of the Falls

I haven't been on the scale for a few days. I was thinking...(scary)...maybe I'm going about this all wrong. I need to quit thinking about the weight, size. And start thinking about just feeling better. Exercise to feel better, clear my head, work off stress. Thinking I need to loose 50 pounds is stressful, seems out of reach. Thinking about just feeling better...short term...maybe that's what I need. Quit thinking about the weight, make other goals.

Jello, how's Curves going?

Semo, get that booty moving! You are almost to goal!

Exercise makes us feel wonderful! (subliminal message)
Old 06-27-2003, 09:08 AM   #145  
Long Lost Chickie

TGIF!!! Been a long hot week. Know what I did last night? Had a light beer. Big deal, you say? Well, it was my first beer (or alcohol of any kind) in over 2 weeks. My, it was tasty! Um, how many carbs in beer? Oh never mind. I enjoyed the heck out of it.

A girl here at work and I had a long heart-to-heart yesterday. She's overweight and fine with it. She's very pretty - blond hair, blue eyes, cute and nice and very personable with 2 cute little blond haired, blue eyed daughters who look just like her and are very polite and sweet. She has friends and dates and enjoys life.

Annnnnyway, she said she finally decided that she was tired of dieting, tired of worrying about the scale and how many calories and fat grams and feeling deprived, etc. Now she doesn't eat like a or go really overboard but she well, enjoys life more. And she said although she hasn't lost weight, she hasn't gained either. She still walks with her friend just about every day and drinks lots of water but she eats "normally". And she buys very nice plus-size clothes and is very comfortable with her body.

OK, now I haven't quite reached that point. I still keep thinking "someday I'll be thin" but I'm wondering if I fret about it entirely too much. Oh who knows? Still wishing there was an easy answer to all of this weight-loss stuff.

And in the next breath, Jello says ...

I'm going to Curves tomorrow morning for my 2-month weigh-in and measurements. Hoping for some good results, especially with the measurements. Still loving Curves!

Tiger, sounds like you've got a great "vacation" lined up. I just love the weekends and days off for projects and painting and stuff. Yeah, I've got to get out more!

Brighter, thanks for the movie ideas. I've been writing these all down. I think I must be one of only 2 or 3 people left on the planet who haven't seen Legends of the Fall. Gotta rent that one! P.S. I'm a Dean Koontz and John Grisham fan too.

Well, we're once again having a day of temps in the 90's with a heat index around 110. But they're saying the weekend is supposed to be in the 80's, partly sunny and with a nice breeze!! Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

Gotta go. Apparently, things aren't going well with the frenchmen. Yeah well, they didn't bring me any french perfume or anything so why should I care.

Later!
Old 06-27-2003, 09:49 AM   #146  

Good Morning and happy FRIDAY!! Seems this week has flown by. Guess what, I got some exercise in this morning, also swept the kitchen, hall bath and hall, vacuumed the living room and our bedroom. Ahhhhhhh, I feel a little better just knowing that I got a little something done at home.

Yep, Dean Koontz is a favorite of mine too. And I thought I was the only WIERD one here! There's a good second hand book store in Cape, I'll look for Jennifer Cruisie the next time I'm in there. I ordered "Spanish behind the Wheel" yesterday, I've always wanted to learn spanish, it's more on speaking/learning the everyday language and is designed to be learned while driving. Let you know how it goes.

Jello, you know we spend too much time being unhappy with our bodies. Life is too short to be unhappy, we just have to learn how to enjoy the journey because a number on the scale won't make us happy for the rest of our lives. I know I want to be at a smaller weight but that won't fix any other things in my life. So just be happy for the moment. I think your co-worker may have something

Bright, what did you do for a vacation? We are trying to decide.

Okay, if I don't want to work tomorrow, I've got to get busy.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:01 PM   #147  

Hi everyone!~Happy Friday!

I'm in a fog today - maybe a pre-migraine kind of thing. I took some drugs, but I can't think of a darn thing to say! Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm here, and interested, just feeling a little brain dead, LOL.

Everyone have a great weekend, OP!!
Old 06-27-2003, 11:44 PM   #148  

Hey all!

Well i hope everyone has a great weekend! We are off to a cottage for the next 7 days- i can hardly wait! Finally got all the packing done-there are 5 of us so it took a while!

Have a great week!

sassy (sus)
Old 06-30-2003, 08:39 AM   #149  
Long Lost Chickie

NO activity over the weekend!?!? How unlike us! Ah, well, tough to squeeze in internet stuff when we're all glamorous, fabulous, popular ladies of the world, right?

Weigh-in and measurements on Saturday. I've lost about 4 and a half pounds in the past month. Woooooo Hooooooo!! More importantly, I've lost inches just about everywhere. Except my stupid thighs. Darn thunder thighs anyway. Just won't cooperate.

Spent most of the weekend working on little stuff around the house. Big event yesterday for Jello was bra shopping. Ooh. Ahh. Been so long since I bought any new ones so I figured it was time. Macy's was having a 50% off all Bali bras. I bought 3 so that should "hold me" for a while.

Get it!? Hold me! I slay me!

Not much new to report. The weather was a little cooler but still entirely too hot and humid to do much outside but I braved it for a while. Spent the rest of my free time in front of the TV. So there.

And now it's work time. Blah.....
Old 06-30-2003, 10:00 AM   #150  

LOL! Jello, you crack me up. Congrats on your losses! I'm proud of you and the consistent effort you've been putting in.

Nothing to report here, just checking in. I had a good weekend catching up on things. DH is between quarters for school and he's working in the interim. Which is awesome but I'm picking up a little slack around the house - took me a few days to figure that out, LOL.

Everybody!
Closed Thread